Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 02-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
SnapDragon
Filthy Letch

SnapDragon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSnapDragon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Tattoo thread

Lots of BHM/FFA who post pictures in this forum seem to have interesting tattoos. I thought I would make a thread to post them in, along with any accompanying anecdotes. I'll go first. This is a wyvern, which I designed myself. I chose a wyvern because of its associations with Leicester, which I was about to leave at the time I had it done, and also because I am interested in heraldic art, and a wyvern in heraldry means 'courage' which I think I need. :-)

-SnapDragon.

Last edited by SnapDragon; 11-10-2011 at 04:08 AM.
SnapDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
DeathMetalKenny

DeathMetalKenny can now change their title

Mine are:

A zodiac symbol of Leo, with the Latin proverb "Omnes Hores Vulnerant; Ultima Hores Necat" scrolled across it. The translation of the proverb is "Every passing hour wounds; The last hour kills." My way of saying "Life is short, enjoy it while it lasts."

My other one is a Vampiress that my buddy drew for me. I named her Inspiration. I'm really into vampire mythos and yeah. She's not done yet though. She still has to be colored in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_4c3e08e3f7f47b85c35bd9490e3f6666.jpg (73.5 KB, 1735 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0256.jpg (106.6 KB, 1737 views)
DeathMetalKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
BLUEeyedBanshee
Ministry of Truth

BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Old 02-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default you've seen it all before

but what the heck..i love to show it off ; >
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manekineko4.jpg (74.7 KB, 1698 views)
Old 02-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
Laina
Passionately Apathetic

Laina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticed

(Apologies in advance for the rear-view revelations, but all my other tattoo shots seem to feature breast curvature. Oops!)

This is my only tattoo for now--sometime in the next few weeks I want to get a ladybug, but I'm not sure where to put her...
Old 02-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
Jackoblangada

Jackoblangada can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJackoblangada can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

This is one of mine.
The swirl in the center was taken from a crop circle, the fire well...I like fire lol.
It serves to remind me that life is cyclical.
I don't have any pics of othrs but i will get some.

Last edited by Jackoblangada; 02-06-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Jackoblangada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #7
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Loving the wyvern and this thread.

I have 6, soon to be 7, tattoos....but since they are more recognizable than my face (and I don't post that), they will have to remain a mystery.

OoOoOoOoOoh *ghost noise*
Old 02-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #8
Nightfire

Nightfire has said some nice things

Mine. First pic is the newest, last pic is my first. And yes I like Dragons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img 007.jpg (84.9 KB, 1607 views)
File Type: jpg img 008.jpg (74.0 KB, 1597 views)
File Type: jpg img 009.jpg (70.9 KB, 1568 views)
Nightfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:47 AM   #9
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ((((JACKo))))))))))))))))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackoblangada View Post
This is one of mine.
The swirl in the center was taken from a crop circle, the fire well...I like fire lol.
It serves to remind me that life is cyclical.
I don't have any pics of othrs but i will get some.

well hello stranger..LOOKING HOTTER THEN I remember......thanks for sharing that gorgeous SMILE!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 07:13 AM   #10
Baby Robot

Baby Robot can now change their title

I got a bunch, and a bunch more planned.

Me smoking chicken at my friend's art show. Not a bad pic for my right sleeve outline, which is the Fourteen Holy Helpers, the saints people would pray to in medieval times for protection against the Black Plague

Not the best pic of tattoos, but one of my favorites anyway. Chest is a scroll that reads "Dum Spiro, Spero" (While I Breathe, I Hope) Inner right arm is a hand grenade with the word "Potential"

One of the chest right after it was done. It was my first tattoo!

Better picture of my inner left arm, which is the martyrdom of St. Sebastian by Andrea Mantegna.

Don't know why it looks so yellow, but this is my upper left outer arm. It's a pelican vulning itself and feeding the chicks blood, which "God is Love" under it in Latin.
Baby Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #11
~da rev~
Call me Axel

~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board

Not as hardcore as some of yours, but I like it. Its on my inner forearm.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #12
lady of the dark
I like bellies!

lady of the dark can now change their title

Wow! Look at all those pretty tattoos! I haven't got any, but I wanted to say they all look great anyway. With a special cuteness prize for Blueeyedbanshees little frog.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #13
SnapDragon
Filthy Letch

SnapDragon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSnapDragon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Some great artwork people! I particularly like Jackoblangada's design on his big thick arm (in a good way!) and Baby Robot's underwater picture, which I think ought to go on the creative thread also.

-SnapDragon.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #14
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am sure you have all seen mine as well..but here are some close ups
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tat.jpg (16.7 KB, 1459 views)
File Type: jpg tat1.jpg (13.0 KB, 1452 views)

¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤

§~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~§

Last edited by Rowan; 02-08-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: cuz
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #15
Jules

Jules has said some nice things

Like lady of the dark I haven't got any tattoos myself, but after seeing Blueeyedbanshees' I think I might be a tattoosy (that can't possibly be a word...?) girl after all. Your fairytale frog is so cute and feminine!

And I have to add that I find tatooes on BHM's really hot.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #16
Undine
Jigglypuff!

Undine knows EXACTLY what's going onUndine knows EXACTLY what's going onUndine knows EXACTLY what's going onUndine knows EXACTLY what's going onUndine knows EXACTLY what's going onUndine knows EXACTLY what's going onUndine knows EXACTLY what's going on

EEEEE! I <3 tattoos! You people have got some incredible ink!

Here's my one and only...so far. I've got like five more planned out.
It's a Celtic triple Goddess symbol:

Old 02-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #17
BoostChub

BoostChub can now change their title
Default WoW

Great ink yalls. Amazing. Anyone plan on going to some ink slinger conventions? Vegas maybe?

Wurm
www.myspace.com/bwurm

BoostChub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #18
daddyoh70
DYELB?

daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Here's a closer look at my DKM tattoo. I have another on my left arm, I should have a pic of it soon, and like most, have plans for a few more.

"Don't ever shoot my Sunday joyride music down" Wesley Willis
daddyoh70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #19
Love.Metal
Straight Trippin'

Love.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going on

My ink isn't as big or beautiful as many of yours, but I love it anyways It is the sign for 'Om', the most centering sound in the universe. [It's on the back of my neck]
The pic is from the day I got it.

I love all the ones I've seen in this thread!!

I'm getting my ribs done soon, from my armpit to my hip bone. I'm very excited, I'll post pics once it's complete.

<3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tattoo.jpg (25.3 KB, 1388 views)

There are so many little dyings that it doesn't matter which of them is death. ~Kenneth Patchen

God is growing bitter, He envies man his mortality. ~Jacques Rigaut
Love.Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #20
Laina
Passionately Apathetic

Laina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love.Metal View Post
I'm getting my ribs done soon, from my armpit to my hip bone. I'm very excited, I'll post pics once it's complete.

<3
Brave girl!

I'm leaning toward putting my next tattoo on my hipbone (I have to be able to cover them), and I'm already nervous about that. I can't imagine going straight down my ribs!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #21
~da rev~
Call me Axel

~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board

I hear the armpit is the worst. Good luck, though.

Dig the Om.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:29 AM   #22
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Robot View Post
I got a bunch, and a bunch more planned.

Me smoking chicken at my friend's art show. Not a bad pic for my right sleeve outline, which is the Fourteen Holy Helpers, the saints people would pray to in medieval times for protection against the Black Plague

Not the best pic of tattoos, but one of my favorites anyway. Chest is a scroll that reads "Dum Spiro, Spero" (While I Breathe, I Hope) Inner right arm is a hand grenade with the word "Potential"

One of the chest right after it was done. It was my first tattoo!

Better picture of my inner left arm, which is the martyrdom of St. Sebastian by Andrea Mantegna.

Don't know why it looks so yellow, but this is my upper left outer arm. It's a pelican vulning itself and feeding the chicks blood, which "God is Love" under it in Latin.

Thanks for the eye-candy.

Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #23
daddyoh70
DYELB?

daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is my first, got it about 16 years ago.

"Don't ever shoot my Sunday joyride music down" Wesley Willis
daddyoh70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #24
Jackoblangada

Jackoblangada can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJackoblangada can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Thank you Snapdragon and HDAngel, so kind of you to say!
Old 02-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #25
JSmirkingRevenge

JSmirkingRevenge can now change their title

you all have some GREAT ink! i have 5 currently with plans for several more.

this one was my first (and sadly, such a horrible experience i'm truly shocked that i got more!) and clearly needed to be repaired.

this one was a two-parter. it originally started as just the symbol in the middle, and eventually added the two kanji and name/date underneath

third one. the original design had 3 more levels of wings spanning out (orange, red and yellow) but i liked just the blue at the time. it's a scarab. egyptians believed them to represent both luck and protection.

the fourth being the kanji for "family"

and my most recent, being something i actually drew myself, and representing my family. king and queen = mom and dad, 3 pawns being myself and siblings and can be found on my right side inner forearm
JSmirkingRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote