Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
Russell Williams

Russell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default pick up lines.

A womon asked me about parts of NAAFA that were not about women meeting men. I pointed out that activism is seldom popular and wondered about the following

At a dance, for a man to say, "There is a pharmancy nearby that does not have comfortable seating for fat people. How about you and I bolting this joint and going to the pharmancy and complaining about the lack of seating for fat people" would probably not be a good pick up line.

Any of the women here ever have a man use that pickup line on them?

If so how effective was it?

Russell
Old 02-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Russell Williams

Russell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default If not then what

If that line would not work, what has worked with you?

Russell
Old 02-20-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
CAMellie
Gabriel Spencer

CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think you're going to need to rephrase your question so that we can better understand it, Russell Williams.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #5
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

"You look beautiful, would you care to dance?"

I think that just being at a size related event is activism in a sense. I think that when the participants leave and go back to their regular lives is when the real activism begins. Being in a fat friendly situation gives a lot of people the confidence and push that they may need to be more of an activist.

I went to my first convention with my husband so I was not looking to pick up a man. I was however, looking to meet a fat girl that I could be friends with since all of my friends were thin. I was very lucky and met a fabulous lady who I am best friends with to this day, ten years later.

Just my little story for the day.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #6
Russell Williams

Default re phrase

People complain that dances are meat markets and yet when given a choice between trying to improve life for fat people in general and their own dating life it has been my expierence that most people want to meet eligable members of the opposite sex more then they want to spend time trying to make the world more accepting of fat people.

I suspect that the proposed activism pick up line will prove my point. Most commenters will ridicule it and those who tell what line works will probably be listing lines that have noting to do with improving the lives off all fat people in general but do increase the likeyhood that the person getting fed the line will increast their personal chances of finding a suitable temporary or permanet partner.

So meat market in actuality may triumph over networking for activism

Russell
Old 02-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Russell, I'm asking a question here that doesn't exactly follow your thread--my apologies.

But you've mentioned often that your daughter suffers from autism, and that you feel there's a hereditary connection in those suffering from autism, right? I don't want to connect dots that you haven't connected, but am I right in remembering that you've posted about your own struggles with autism in the past?
Old 02-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Williams View Post
People complain that dances are meat markets and yet when given a choice between trying to improve life for fat people in general and their own dating life it has been my expierence that most people want to meet eligable members of the opposite sex more then they want to spend time trying to make the world more accepting of fat people.

I suspect that the proposed activism pick up line will prove my point. Most commenters will ridicule it and those who tell what line works will probably be listing lines that have noting to do with improving the lives off all fat people in general but do increase the likeyhood that the person getting fed the line will increast their personal chances of finding a suitable temporary or permanet partner.

So meat market in actuality may triumph over networking for activism

Russell

I guess I am confused. I only offered my "pickup" line because your original post referenced a dance. Silly me. I think you might be mixing apples and oranges here. I would think that when one goes to a dance or other social gathering they are expecting to mingle and have a good time. If they want to, or are expected to participate in activism, they should probably know that before they arrive.
If your question is how do we get more people to participate in activism for size acceptance as a whole, as opposed to, find a mate for themselves, I don't think that was quite clear from the original posting. Or, as my run on sentence can tell you, I may just be confused right now.

Oh well, just saying...
Old 02-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #9
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAssBunny View Post
"You look beautiful, would you care to dance?"

I think that just being at a size related event is activism in a sense. I think that when the participants leave and go back to their regular lives is when the real activism begins.
Bingo! Everything you do in public is activism because it influences others. It's very tempting to think that other people have their acts together and know what they're doing, but really they're just making it up as they go along, just like you and me. And just as we watch other people to see how they manage, other people are always watching us to see how we manage. We're all students, and we're all teachers.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Old 02-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #10
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAssBunny View Post
I think that just being at a size related event is activism in a sense.
I completely agree! Some days, and for some people, even leaving the house counts as activism and I applaud them for it.

As for a pick up line... I might be too shy to dance (yes, honestly!) but why not just smile and ask if I'm having a nice time? If I respond then move on to maybe asking if I know many people here, if I've been here before and then, if we have a little rapport, offer to buy me a drink.

That would work on me and I've also used it to meet other people at all kinds of events from business meetings to wedding receptions. Its non offensive, non sexual and works on men and women from 8 to 80. It's not so much a pick up as just being polite.

Tracey xx
Old 02-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #11
guitarguyCO

guitarguyCO can now change their title

I don't like or use pickup lines. Just say whatever you're thinking!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #12
Fyreflyintheskye
☯tae kwan donut champ☯

Fyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions community

try: "Hello, my name is ____. That outfit's so becoming on you. If I were on you, I'd be coming, too."
Old 02-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #13
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Williams View Post
A womon asked me about parts of NAAFA that were not about women meeting men. I pointed out that activism is seldom popular and wondered about the following

At a dance, for a man to say, "There is a pharmancy nearby that does not have comfortable seating for fat people. How about you and I bolting this joint and going to the pharmancy and complaining about the lack of seating for fat people" would probably not be a good pick up line.

Any of the women here ever have a man use that pickup line on them?

If so how effective was it?

Russell
This is a kin to two people meeting at a gathering with a bunch of animal rights activists and a man asking "So you wanna go rough up some dock workers?" Uh thanks, Stud, but no.

What's wrong with the standard "Can I buy you a drink?"

Maybe I'm easy, or maybe I'm just a lush but that works as far as someone getting their foot in the door with me everytime.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:18 PM   #14
Zoom
Rogue

Zoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions community

In my opinion, activism is not a very good chat-up. It's a call to action, but not that sort of action.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #15
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Pick-up lines never worked for me... that's why I don't use 'em...

So I just be my awesome and charming self! But that doesn't seem to work either... WHAT DO YOU WOMEN WANT?!
Old 02-21-2008, 04:35 AM   #16
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann0413 View Post
WHAT DO YOU WOMEN WANT?!
We're compiling the list. We'll get back to you!

Tracey xx
Old 02-21-2008, 04:39 AM   #17
Gspoon
Spoonah

Gspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging in

"Are you an astronaut? Cause I want to have sex with you"

"How would you like to gain (Say YOUR weight) For (Say a time limit)"

"Does this rag smell like Chloroform to you?"

And my favorite...

"This is a pick up line! There, am I cool now?"
Old 02-21-2008, 04:53 AM   #18
Fairest Epic

Fairest Epic can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFairest Epic can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFairest Epic can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Hrmm pick up lines that have worked on me

1. "Don't worry i'm not hitting on you" haha
2. "Excuse me ma'm but does this smell like chloroform to you"
3. "Why dont we take a little trip to your narrows where you can ride my man cannon"
4. "hey gorgeous"
5. hey there...just so you know all my base are belong to you
6. I wanna make you scream like a boga lizard

explanations:
#3 is a nerdy pick up line...there is a halo 3 map called narrow and on that map there are mechanisms known as man cannons

#4 may not make me laugh, but it makes me blush and giggle with gleee everytime i hear it. Teusday night, gorgeous was replaced with beautiful. But yanno...gorgeous beautiful, dollface....all work for me...haha

#5 video game humor
#6 star wars humor...gotta love the nerds at cons!haha

I adore the nerd ones...i mean seriously..if you want to me to ba all over you like mynocks on the millenium falcon, go this route. haha
Old 02-21-2008, 04:55 AM   #19
Fairest Epic

Fairest Epic can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFairest Epic can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFairest Epic can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenBakeSharleen View Post
try: "Hello, my name is ____. That outfit's so becoming on you. If I were on you, I'd be coming, too."

haha oh dear God....
Old 02-21-2008, 06:57 AM   #20
SparklingBBW
What's new pussycat?

SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Location, location, location.

If I'm standing in my kitchen and someone says to me:

"Your buns are on fire!" I'm gonna reach for a fire extinguisher.

If I'm standing at a BBW dance and someone says to me:

"Your buns are on fire!" I'm gonna reach for his hand and say, "Come on then baby, let's stop, drop and roll!"

I think an area NAAFA Chapter meeting would be a better place to propose marching over to the pharmacy to protest their seating.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:59 AM   #21
Fairest Epic

haha thats absolutely adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genarose54 View Post
If I'm standing in my kitchen and someone says to me:

"Your buns are on fire!" I'm gonna reach for a fire extinguisher.

If I'm standing at a BBW dance and someone says to me:

"Your buns are on fire!" I'm gonna reach for his hand and say, "Come on then baby, let's stop, drop and roll!"

I think an area NAAFA Chapter meeting would be a better place to propose marching over to the pharmacy to protest their seating.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:28 AM   #22
LisaInNC

LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The way I interpret this is...He is saying that what in the hell does gathering in a group in a bar thats been rented out for your specific party have to do with activism? Going to a bar that has not been rented out for a private party and infiltrating is activism. Marching in parades; activism. Talking to any journalist who will listen about the plight of overweight people; activisim.
So how can you connect going to a party where you know everyone is ok with your fat, activisim?

Sometimes, being a bitch is all a woman has to hang on to.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:33 AM   #23
LisaInNC

LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Best pickup line for me was...wanna go in half on a fuck trophy?
Worst.........You wanna fuck me dont you? (to which I replied, Id rather masturbate with a cheese grater)

Sometimes, being a bitch is all a woman has to hang on to.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:43 AM   #24
Fyreflyintheskye
☯tae kwan donut champ☯

Fyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaInNC View Post
The way I interpret this is...He is saying that what in the hell does gathering in a group in a bar thats been rented out for your specific party have to do with activism? Going to a bar that has not been rented out for a private party and infiltrating is activism. Marching in parades; activism. Talking to any journalist who will listen about the plight of overweight people; activisim.
So how can you connect going to a party where you know everyone is ok with your fat, activisim?
I lmfao'ed (laughed my fat arse off )... I should know better than to read one of Lisa's posts (er, chatlines/txts/anythings) at work before picking up my office phone in preparation. I have to pretend I'm actually talking to someone so they don't lock me away for laughing at spreadsheets!
Old 02-21-2008, 07:43 AM   #25
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Bingo! Everything you do in public is activism because it influences others. It's very tempting to think that other people have their acts together and know what they're doing, but really they're just making it up as they go along, just like you and me. And just as we watch other people to see how they manage, other people are always watching us to see how we manage. We're all students, and we're all teachers.
Absolutely. Even though I led a perfectly happy life before Dimensions came along, it's even better now that I can share experiences with other fat women.

Methinx the best form of fat activism is simply to be the best woman I can be. Let's face it, at my size I attract attention, like it or not. So I may as well make a virtue of necessity and use the attention to best advantage. One reason I readily agree to give presentations in my job is to show people that an obese woman can be as professional and productive as anyone else, if not more so.
Closed Thread