Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Girl Scout cookies

Which Girl Scout cookies are your favorites? How many boxes do you usually order? Do you think they have changed over the years? lets talk cookies.

My favorites are the Thin Mints and the Samoas (the chocolate, caramel coconut flavor).
My husband loves the Tagalongs (peanut butter covered in chocolate) and my step son is a Samoa fan as well. We usually order 2 boxes a piece of our favorite flavors. I can eat an entire box of Samoas in one sitting but I try not to. what are your favorites?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

No GS cookies here, yet. I usually end up getting like three boxes. I love me some Girl Scouts. I like the Samoas and the shortbreads.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
10centporkchop

10centporkchop has said some nice things

Thin mints and Samoas. I like to get at least two boxes of each kind. The Samoas are the only ones that you can't find a substitue for on your grocer's shelf. This is the first year I tried the shortbreads. They're worth it!
10centporkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If ANYONE HERE has a girlscout in their family who's selling cookies from the Little Brownie Bakers, PLEASE tell me. I will gladly buy them from you and pay to have them shipped to me.

Our region only sells the ABC Bakeries versions, and they SUCK in comparison.

The way you know... on your order form, the cookies are Samoas NOT Caramel De Lites, and they are Do Si Does NOT Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies or some such nonsense.

Seriously, I'm not kidding about this - let me know, I've got cash and I want some damn good cookies.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
If ANYONE HERE has a girlscout in their family who's selling cookies from the Little Brownie Bakers, PLEASE tell me. I will gladly buy them from you and pay to have them shipped to me.

The way you know... on your order form, the cookies are Samoas NOT Caramel De Lites, and they are Do Si Does NOT Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies or some such nonsense.

Seriously, I'm not kidding about this - let me know, I've got cash and I want some damn good cookies.
AWWW MANNNN.... the order form I filled out did call them Caramel De Lites instead of Samoas and this is the first year I have seen that. this apparently means I am getting the SUCK version of cookies. sorry I can't help you then. I will have to report back when we get ours and give my review of the ABC Bakery cookies, damn I really look forward to Girl Scout cookie time too.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar and spice View Post
AWWW MANNNN.... the order form I filled out did call them Caramel De Lites instead of Samoas and this is the first year I have seen that. this apparently means I am getting the SUCK version of cookies. sorry I can't help you then. I will have to report back when we get ours and give my review of the ABC Bakery cookies, damn I really look forward to Girl Scout cookie time too.
You'll live with the Samoas copycats, but the fake-o DoSiDoes are digusting.... it all just pisses me off to no end.

Blah.

Little Brownie Baker-area Dimmers - help us!!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #7
samoacookie
Junior Mint

samoacookie can now change their title

I'm sure no one in this group will ask if I am Samoan - lol! Yes, I love Samoa Cookies.

-Sorry Ann Marie - our area switched to Carmel De Lites as well - they are good enough.
samoacookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post

Oh, thanks for pointing this out; I had no idea two different companies made the cookies.

I love Thin Mints...except I didn't have anyone to order from this year.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #9
sugar and spice

I did a little research and I discovered people are selling Girl Scout cookies on ebay.com and it appears to be the good ones too from brownie bakeries. I think some of these sellers are selling these for their children. I saw yahoo.com has a place selling cookies too. I hope this helps anyone who doesn't have a Girl Scout near them.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #10
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

AnnMarie, you are SO right about the different bakers.

Here is a link to the ABC cookies.

And here are the Little Brownie Bakers cookies

I read somewhere that LBB cookies are sold in Philly...so...someone needs to tap Jes!

p.s. I like the thin mints!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #11
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

I have a bid in on ebay, hoping it works out. Blah.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:53 PM   #12
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post

I read somewhere that LBB cookies are sold in Philly...so...someone needs to tap Jes!

Oh I know, I posted a thread about this horrible, scary fact last year... everyone needs to know the truth!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #13
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Score!!! Just talked to a friend's sister and I got the hook up...I have a case of thin mints with my name on it. I'm all set.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #14
sugar and spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmamma84 View Post
Score!!! Just talked to a friend's sister and I got the hook up...I have a case of thin mints with my name on it. I'm all set.
ALL RIGHT!!!!!! those are my favorites too. Congratulations girl
Old 03-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #15
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post

It is, without a doubt, a good thing that I cannot order them from that site. I looked.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #16
Sugar Magnolia
vmilwa :)

Sugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticed

AnnMarie, I'm nearly positive that I ate an authentic Samoa a few days ago at work so I must be in a LBB area. I didn't order any this year (gasp!) and I don't have a girl scout connection, but I will ask around and see what I can come up with for you. Samoas and Do-si-dos for sure?
Sugar Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #17
Fyreflyintheskye
☯tae kwan donut champ☯

Fyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I did a little research and I discovered people are selling Girl Scout cookies on ebay.com and it appears to be the good ones too from brownie bakeries. I think some of these sellers are selling these for their children. I saw yahoo.com has a place selling cookies too. I hope this helps anyone who doesn't have a Girl Scout near them.
LOL! Girl scout cookies on eBay!! Wow, I could have bought my troop a boat if eBay was around when I was little. I have a badge from when I was 11 that says I sold 1,200 boxes. I was in the local paper and everything, and it was all me (my parents were self-employed, so they couldn't go into work and pawn 'em off on people LOL)... back in the days when puppy dog eyes and my fat apple cheeks got me pity while I was stalking people outside of grocery stores for hours and hours on end.

...and thin mints are my favorite, but I took this quiz and it told me I'm definitely a Do-si-do.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #18
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
AnnMarie, I'm nearly positive that I ate an authentic Samoa a few days ago at work so I must be in a LBB area. I didn't order any this year (gasp!) and I don't have a girl scout connection, but I will ask around and see what I can come up with for you. Samoas and Do-si-dos for sure?

Ooo, another connection!! I'll get back to you, I have a couple of avenues working right now, and I don't want a single cookie from Heaven to go to waste (waist? hahah!)

Old 03-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #19
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

my 2 favs are the samoas and the do si dos, I tried to restrain myself this time and only bought 2 boxes each from my niece, it was hard though.....
DeniseW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:33 AM   #20
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks-a-lots. I love those things, and I have someone in my house right now.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:18 AM   #21
sugar and spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
What flavor are thanks-a-lots? I've never heard of those or at least not by that name, they must be good what are they?
Old 03-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #22
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Some of 'em* lol
Sorry. I did get eight hours of sleep, but I was still lagging back then.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #23
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Quote:
What flavor are thanks-a-lots? I've never heard of those or at least not by that name, they must be good what are they?
They're like an average cookie with a vanilla taste (Somewhat.. Very subtle; It's actually shortbread), but one side is cookie, and the other side is fudge. I love them.

Last edited by Jon Blaze; 03-07-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #24
sugar and spice

Quote:
They're like an average cookie with a vanilla taste (Somewhat.. Very subtle; It's actually shortbread), but one side is cookie, and the other side is fudge. I love them.

mmm hmmm that does sound good, I'm not a big fan of shortbread but since it has a chocolate side it does sound most tasty thanks for introducing me to them.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #25
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

Update -- I got my case of Thin Mints! I even did a random-act-of-kindness and gave two of my good friends a box.