Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #26
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Weee, congrats Ash!

I have Samoas and DoSiDos on their way to me - thank God!!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #27
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Weee, congrats Ash!

I have Samoas and DoSiDos on their way to me - thank God!!!!
I am a happy girl! I've got a couple boxes on chill too...lol A perfect snack!

Enjoy your cookies when you get them, AM!
Old 03-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #28
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Maybe we in Seattle get the cookies from the crappy bakery, because GS cookies are just not good..IMO..I know..stepping on thin ice here I just find them to be more about the tradition than about good cookies.

Hey..Ash..and anyone who likes a good mint cookie...York peppermint cookies...really, really good! I have only bought them in the regular size box, not the small packs, so I don't know if they taste different, depending on the size of the cookie..etc...but..sooo much better than the GS mint.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #29
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thin mints for the win!

Actually, I'm pretty sick of GS cookies at the moment. One of our supporters gave my office 5 cases of somoas and the peanut butter ones. There was a box of thinmints that I didn't know about before I got totally grossed out on the other ones. I think I'm good on the cookie front for the rest of, oh, 2008.
activistfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #30
KuroBara
"She Coo"

KuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
They're like an average cookie with a vanilla taste (Somewhat.. Very subtle; It's actually shortbread), but one side is cookie, and the other side is fudge. I love them.

They are called All-Abouts around here, and were awesome when they first came out. They were planks of fudge-shortbread crunchines. Now they are little medallions. But I cannot resisit them regardless. Or Thin Mints. Or Samoas. Or Tag-Alongs (peanut butter patties). The lemon ones I could take or leave. I like the subtle cinnamon of the cookie, but the filling was too tart.

FaceBook and FarmVille, Yo!Ville, Mafia Wars and Cafe World addict! ID: Geralyn Holmes
KuroBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #31
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Maybe we in Seattle get the cookies from the crappy bakery, because GS cookies are just not good..IMO..I know..stepping on thin ice here I just find them to be more about the tradition than about good cookies.

Hey..Ash..and anyone who likes a good mint cookie...York peppermint cookies...really, really good! I have only bought them in the regular size box, not the small packs, so I don't know if they taste different, depending on the size of the cookie..etc...but..sooo much better than the GS mint.
Sounds tasty! Such a shame I didn't know about them earlier...I was in Target on Friday and could have bought a box...will do the next time I'm there.

But for now, my Thin Mints hit the spot....
Old 03-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #32
DuchessOfYork

DuchessOfYork has said some nice things

Keebler has a really tasty knock off of the Thin Mints called Grasshoppers.. and they are SO good frozen.
DuchessOfYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #33
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

yes I have had the Keebler Grasshoppers and they are very addictive . I've never tried them frozen before though I'll have to do that.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #34
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

man.. i am so wanting some cookies! Samoas and thin mints are my favorite. I know that i'd only get a couple of thin mints if we bought the box since hubby and son pig out on cookies. Samoas would be all mine mwhahahaha They dont like the coconut
Old 03-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #35
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I am probably dating myself now, but way back in the olden days, when the dinosaurs still roamed the earth and submarines had screen doors, and I was a Girl Scout (1970's), we had different cookies. The ones that I remember were some sort of cookie base with a thick slab of fudge on the top, and I mean a THICK slab, at least a quarter inch thick. We would freeze those suckers and just gnaw the fudge off. Does anyone else remember those things? The other cookies we sold were nothing like the ones they have now, other than the thin mints. There were sandwich cookies, peanut butter cookies and some sort of butter cookies, but no Samoas or such. Oh yeah, I grew up in Chicago, maybe it's a regional thing?
Old 03-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #36
Hawaiian kid

Hawaiian kid has said some nice things

I am addicted to the GS Lemonades. I always buy multiple boxes because I know I will eat 1 box the day I get them. LOL
Hawaiian kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:45 AM   #37
cute_obese_girl
Herbivore

cute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post

I've heard theories that some areas get better quality, but I don't know if that's true. For the most part they aren't actually really good cookies. I think its just a novelty thing. You can only get them once a year so you have to have some.

For me even when they're good, they're still a crappy cookie. But that doesn't mean I'll refuse any, lol.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."-Albert Pine
cute_obese_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:43 AM   #38
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thin mints, do si do's and tagalongs
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #39
Hawaiian kid

Hawaiian kid has said some nice things

BTW guys, if you leave your cookies in a hot place, they melt and stick together. I left mine in my trunk a month or so ago for a week, and it got up into the 80's (I live in Houston)
Hawaiian kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:36 PM   #40
Dravenhawk
President of Manlandia

Dravenhawk has super-sized repDravenhawk has super-sized repDravenhawk has super-sized repDravenhawk has super-sized rep

I like thin mints and the peanut butter sandwich ones too.

Will you choose your own path or will you have it chosen for you?
Dravenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:05 AM   #41
CandySmooch

CandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Well I'll be damned, I never heard of these do si does & somoas and never knew there were 2 different companies. Here in Missouri they've always been Carmel De Lites & PB Sandwiches........I have noticed that the PB Patties used to be my favorite but the last few years they've tasted absolutely horrible, not how I remember them at all growing up so I stopped ordering them.............so do they make the PB Patties from the company that makes the somoas & do si does? I want to try them to see if they are what I remember growing up.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #42
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandySmooch View Post
Well I'll be damned, I never heard of these do si does & somoas and never knew there were 2 different companies. Here in Missouri they've always been Carmel De Lites & PB Sandwiches........I have noticed that the PB Patties used to be my favorite but the last few years they've tasted absolutely horrible, not how I remember them at all growing up so I stopped ordering them.............so do they make the PB Patties from the company that makes the somoas & do si does? I want to try them to see if they are what I remember growing up.

Ohhhh yes, they are the original cookies - called Tagalongs!!! You MUST find them, try ebay, I'm sure you can find a few boxes in an auction. Get them, you won't be sorry.

But you have to MAKE SURE they're Tagalongs. Write to the seller and ask what name it says it on the box before you bid on them. Many auctions list them under both names and use stock photos of the cookies, so unless you ask for sure or they have their own picture in the auction - you can't know.

Good luck!!

Here's an auction for 3 boxes at regular $4 per box price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Girl-Scout-Cooki...QQcmdZViewItem

Also, here is the link to LBB for the cookies they sell and the names they are sold under:

http://littlebrowniebakers.com/cooki...kies_main.html
Old 03-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #43
CandySmooch

CandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Thanks girl.........I'm on it!!!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:56 PM   #44
Chubbyadmirer86

Chubbyadmirer86 can now change their title

My favorites are the dosidoes (the ones with peanut butter in between two cookies). They're absolutely heavenly! I usually order about two boxes and eat them in about four days.
Chubbyadmirer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #45
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I ebayed some Samoas this year. Usually we have someone at work who sends around an order form for their kids. This year that did not happen so I was forced to use plan B.

I like thinmint and tagalongs too. I have not tried any of the other varities.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #46
ThikJerseyChik
Sweet & Salty ;)

ThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I just won 2 boxes of the peanut butter...yippeeee!

No one ever died from sleeping in an unmade bed :cool:

Well behaved women rarely make history
;)

If you keep doing what you've always done,
you'll keep getting what you've always gotten!
:bow:
ThikJerseyChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #47
GWARrior

GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

mmmmm cookiesssss

I was on the phone with my friend the other day...

Him: *munch munch* Im eating thin mints.
Me:My mom just bought 3 boxes of thin mints.
Him:... I bought 8...

haha! I love cookies!!!
GWARrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:08 AM   #48
Tiffany08

Tiffany08 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTiffany08 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I use to get the samoas and i'd get about 5 boxes now my favorite are the savannah smiles and i get about 5 boxes.
Tiffany08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #49
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Isn't January the month when the cookie order forms start appearing in workplaces? I seem to miss when the ordering begins... Me need cookies!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #50
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Isn't January the month when the cookie order forms start appearing in workplaces? I seem to miss when the ordering begins... Me need cookies!
A co-worker has promised to have an order form in office on Tuesday. We are all waiting patiently to place orders for our yearly fix.