Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
10centporkchop

10centporkchop has said some nice things
Default Pot luck suppers and such

Ever been to one of those pot luck dinners or church suppers where everyone brings a dish? Then you spy something delicious and irresistable on the table. You want to eat the whole thing but you know you can't, you have to be polite and appear as if you're hardly eating anything. I remember attending a particular NAAFA event a dozen years or so ago where one lady brought some curry chicken wings she made in her croc pot. While all the other guests were frolicking in the pool, I was in the lounge devouring her curry chicken. It tickled me later to hear them say how well the curry chicken was received, as if everyone was eating it. Little did they know.....
10centporkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

That is really funny. I am always paranoid that people are monitoring how much food I am putting on my plate at those type of get togethers lol . I usually do try to just take a dab of this or a dab of that when sometimes I really want to pick up the whole serving dish and a spoon.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
ThikJerseyChik
Sweet & Salty ;)

ThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar and spice View Post
That is really funny. I am always paranoid that people are monitoring how much food I am putting on my plate at those type of get togethers lol . I usually do try to just take a dab of this or a dab of that when sometimes I really want to pick up the whole serving dish and a spoon.
My kinda gurl!

No one ever died from sleeping in an unmade bed :cool:

Well behaved women rarely make history
;)

If you keep doing what you've always done,
you'll keep getting what you've always gotten!
:bow:
ThikJerseyChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am one of those really rude people who makes sure she gets the best parts of the dishes - like the crispy edges of the baked ziti, and the big blobs of melted cheese.

Don't invite me to a pot luck. It's all about me.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #5
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i have been known to steal deviled (devilled? deville?) eggs.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #6
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I sometimes go with my friend who belongs to the local chapter of the Moose Lodge when they have pasta dinners and 'theme' dinners, etc. I just recently went to one for Chinese New Year. There is always food there and most of it is made by the ladies themselves. Last time I was there they had a walnut cheesecake that was so good I wanted to grab the tray and take it home with me! No one knew what it was because it was in a flat tray and looked like some kind of coffeecake. Once I tasted it I was in heaven! I just had to go back for seconds! And I really wanted thirds and fourths and fifths. Lots of times at these events there are some really good cakes. The food is usually pretty good too, but I can always count on someone to make a really good cake.

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #7
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

We have potlucks at least once a month. Sometimes it's heavenly delights and sometimes I'd rather eat dry ramen.

My work husband I now come up with things we both like so we know we can eat our stuff and each others lol. We also know we can count on this lady Mary to bring a cake that makes you want to slap your Mama. Her best is this white cake with blueberry topping but it's so much more than that.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #8
Kajun Kat

Kajun Kat can now change their title

We do pot luck dinners quite a bit here, at least once a week. Its amazing all the food that comes in.

I know what y'all mean though about wanting to stack the plate, its so hard with all the yummy stuff there. I always get a "to go" plate
Kajun Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #9
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
i have been known to steal deviled (devilled? deville?) eggs.
You too? I call them "bedeviled" eggs, but that's just me. I love them, and have never been successful at making them. So I "have to" steal one or two (or three or four) on the rare occasions that they show up at a pot luck. Besides, given the risk of salmonella, it's best they get eaten quickly, right? Can I get an amen?
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote