Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-07-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
bellyboy

bellyboy can now change their title
Default FFA's more prevalent than once thought?

I think there are way more FFA's out there than are out in the open. Of the last 5 girls I dated, 2 were open ffa's. The other 3 I think were in the closet ffa's. And they all were very attractive in my opinion. Do you think there are way more ffa's out there than we are led onto believe? Or maybe I'm not really that fat, just stocky like. I know there are way more fa's out there than come out. My brother being one of them.
bellyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
SnapDragon
Filthy Letch

SnapDragon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSnapDragon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

There's a woman who does programmes on BBC3 called Dawn Porter. I'm not mad keen on her because she seems a bit of a ponce and most of her programmes are odd -- she does things like try to be gay for a week. The other night the television got left on as I was doing something else, and she was doing a programme about finding a relationship, in which she described her ideal man. She described her ideal man as 'having a bit of a belly'. I wasn't exactly surprised (I wouldn't be surprised at someone for having similar tastes to me!) but it made me look.

I think it's not that uncommon in some degrees. I would estimate there are more women who prefer a slightly plump man than ones who prefer a slightly weedy one. Note that I say prefer -- not 'are exclusively interested in. Women like myself who lust over fat men's bodies are, I suspect, more rare. I get the impression from talking to other people that my sexuality is more of the intensity typical of men's than of women's.

-SnapDragon.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #3
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think the more accepting or mainstream that "fat" has become (ok, more so than the 70's) has a lot to do with it. Emaciation isn't as appealing as it once was. I for one think a stocky, husky, chubby, or fat guy isn't trying to appeal to the so called stererotypical ideal "GQ" man. They've always seemed comfortable in their own skin (to me) and that's appealing to women.

And they're cuddly.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
~da rev~
Call me Axel

~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board

I guess I have to leave my bubble to actually FIND an ffa.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
CuriousKitten
Absolutely Adorable

CuriousKitten can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCuriousKitten can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm sure there are plenty of FFAs in the closet and more out there we don't know about. In fact when I was in college my close friend was also a FFA and she didn't know I was and I didn't know she was until three years into our friendship because we were both so in the closet. It was only when we started to notice a similarity in guys we were dating that we ever discussed it. So CLEARLY there are plenty of hidden FFAs out there.

But also... there are probably plenty of BHMs who have encountered FFAs and not known. I have the worst time trying to get the attention of a BHM in real life. Either they think they don't have a chance or just don't get my signals.. I don't know... but I can't seem to get the "I'm interested in you" point across. So I guess guys.. OPEN YOUR EYES. FFAs are bound to be in the local vicinity.
CuriousKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
bellyboy

My eyes must be pretty open, I find ffa's everywhere. Maybe that has to do though with my semi-cockiness....and liking of being fat. I'm actively getting fatter and get I get even more confident the bigger I get. Maybe cause I think it's sexy so I kind of, (in the back of my mind) think girls find it sexy. AND IT WORKS.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #7
CuriousKitten
Absolutely Adorable

CuriousKitten can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCuriousKitten can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyboy View Post
My eyes must be pretty open, I find ffa's everywhere. Maybe that has to do though with my semi-cockiness....and liking of being fat. I'm actively getting fatter and get I get even more confident the bigger I get. Maybe cause I think it's sexy so I kind of, (in the back of my mind) think girls find it sexy. AND IT WORKS.
You are awesome! I wish every BHM had that attitude! Most are so shy or insecure. It's so sad. YAY for confidence!
CuriousKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #8
bellyboy

I think every person should work towards what they think is attractive....if there's a bhm out there that doesn't think he's attractive he should lose the weight. If you don't find yourself attractive your not going to have self esteem. I personally think the sex is much much better with the added weight. That's just me thought...the bhm guys here who hate being fat, I think they should move on.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #9
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I think every person should work towards what they think is attractive....if there's a bhm out there that doesn't think he's attractive he should lose the weight. If you don't find yourself attractive your not going to have self esteem. I personally think the sex is much much better with the added weight. That's just me thought...the bhm guys here who hate being fat, I think they should move on.
Wow, yeah, you have a great attitude. My bf has a lot to learn from guys like you....
Old 03-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #10
bellyboy

I must say....I think being sexually satisfied is very important part of overall happiness. I don't think anyone should settle for what they think the societal norm is. If you like fat guys, date a fat guy for the love of god. Don't just settle, it's worked wonders for me so far in my life.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #11
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Confidence is VERY attractive for sure.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #12
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!

cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in

Right on, bellyboy. There are *plenty* of ffa's out there, but I find that some of them suffer from the same crippling lack of confidence/shyness that afflicts so many BHM's - which limits dating, since you can't hook up with someone you're too scared to talk to! I've never had a problem finding dates or getting asked out on dates, and I'm quite a large lad. Confidence is KEY.
cakeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:38 AM   #13
AZ_Wolf
Lupus Maximus

AZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot pics

I'm completely calm about my weight -- I didn't get here by accident. But I find that locally, living in a town of a major university, where most women are under 30, I'm invisible. Which is fine because I expect it. But in talking with women overseas, they're not so wound up with their guys looking like a Soloflex model with all the money, etc. Some care, sure. But I am who I am. And I say -- you don't sleep on rocks, do you? Soft is comfortable. I'm soft.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:42 AM   #14
flippedover

flippedover has said some nice things

I agree with much of what has been written.

The societal stigma does exist but I think the bigger problem is guys (and girls) internalizing the media's message (as well as that of friends and relatives) that their whole identity can be distilled down into their body shape- which is somehow indicative of some profound deficit in character and morals or the ability to have and enjoy a productive life. When someone loses weight in our culture it's an event tantamount to Lazarus rising from the bloody dead because a fat person couldn't possibly have been really living before then.
Perhaps because of this, our society also seems deeply uncomfortable with having to acknowledge that fat people are sexual, have a sexuality and are the objects of other people's desires, too. This shits me to no end.

There are plenty of FFAs out there, we just don't stand around wearing sandwich-boards, advertising ourselves on street corners! Sure, we might do a bit of flirting, but when a guy just can't entertain the idea of a woman finding him attractive, then obviously he's not likely to pick those signals up.

Personally, the first thing that attracts me to a person is his or her mind. When it comes down to it, titillating body or no, I want to date someone I can have lots of fun and a decent conversation with and that's not likely to happen with a self-hating fat person.
flippedover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:19 AM   #15
topher38
Old Warhorse

topher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippedover View Post
I agree with much of what has been written.

The societal stigma does exist but I think the bigger problem is guys (and girls) internalizing the media's message (as well as that of friends and relatives) that their whole identity can be distilled down into their body shape- which is somehow indicative of some profound deficit in character and morals or the ability to have and enjoy a productive life. When someone loses weight in our culture it's an event tantamount to Lazarus rising from the bloody dead because a fat person couldn't possibly have been really living before then.
Perhaps because of this, our society also seems deeply uncomfortable with having to acknowledge that fat people are sexual, have a sexuality and are the objects of other people's desires, too. This shits me to no end.

There are plenty of FFAs out there, we just don't stand around wearing sandwich-boards, advertising ourselves on street corners! Sure, we might do a bit of flirting, but when a guy just can't entertain the idea of a woman finding him attractive, then obviously he's not likely to pick those signals up.

Personally, the first thing that attracts me to a person is his or her mind. When it comes down to it, titillating body or no, I want to date someone I can have lots of fun and a decent conversation with and that's not likely to happen with a self-hating fat person.
I have to agree with the self-hating part.. here the the US most of us are told you shouldn't be so fat go on a diet so there are 1000s of diets out there..so its burned in FFAs that liking a Fat guy is not normal so they hide it.. 99% of the women I have dated never called themselves FFA but they loved the belly
thats good nuff for me
Topher
topher38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:57 AM   #16
ntwp
FFA

ntwp can now change their title

I think women like men who are comfortable with themselves and who make them feel comfortable also. Fat guys who are happy with themselves represent a level of comfort to a woman who is not interested in the stress and extreme level of athleticism needed to maintain a skinny or muscular body these days. I think FFAs are rarer than women who are simply fed up with or not interested in being with a guy whose life revolves around "eating right," exercising, etc. As an FFA I love the way fat feels, look, etc. In addition to that I am in no way interested in being with a guy whose exercise routine is more of a priority than me. But I think many women out there in the "real world" aren't as much FFAs as they are just not as into the lifestyle that has to be in place to maintain a thin/muscular body. That's just one theory I have.

I also think there's also chance that there are actually alot of women who are turned on by fat. We do see alot more male FA characters in pop culture and even on Dimensions. Female Fat Admirers are not really "known" in pop culture, although how many times have you seen the chubby guy/skinny woman pairing in pop culture, especially sitcoms? Often. Anyway, I think some woman are simply not aware that thinking chubbiness is cute/sexy/handsome/whatever is a subculture. If there indeed ARE many women who would be considered FFAs, I don't think they know to turn to a web site like Dimensions and announce it. Women seem to not seek out answers online to figure out their sexual preferences as much as men. In general in our society I think men are seen as a sexual creatures who are looking for answers, photos, stories, etc to satisfy some need.

I also think there are many women out there who end up with bigger guys, or who end up fattening their husbands (how many chubby husbands do you see-- alot! Even ones who were formally skinny!) Some women who we see on the street as just walking next to some chubby husband may or may not be an FFA. My guess is that most of those women are simply content with their man, who probably gained weight over time because as we all know, people in love tend to gain weight. And the reason people in love tend to gain weight? Because they are comfortable. And women like comfort. As you can see, my theories are long and circular.
ntwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #17
Scott

Scott has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwp View Post
...how many times have you seen the chubby guy/skinny woman pairing in pop culture, especially sitcoms? Often. Anyway, I think some woman are simply not aware that thinking chubbiness is cute/sexy/handsome/whatever is a subculture. If there indeed ARE many women who would be considered FFAs, I don't think they know to turn to a web site like Dimensions and announce it.
I couldn't agree more. I think it's pretty obvious that there are lots of women out there who like big guys, but they just don't think that much about it. Our society kind of promotes the idea that such a pairing is okay -- if you look around, you see lots of couples who look like that -- so nobody thinks of it as a fetish or something you'd need a website for.

Luckily for us, there are some women who come to realize that their interest in bigger guys goes beyond a simple preference - they REALLY like the big boys, they're sexually attracted to them far more than skinny guys. So...poof! This board.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #18
scarcity
Booboo! - and meow.

scarcity can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesscarcity can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Confidence is VERY attractive for sure.
Right on, sistah!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #19
Smite
Here Comes Your Man

Smite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized rep

I think peer pressure figures in, some ways. That goes for both sides of the equation though, FFA, FA's.