Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
SnapDragon
Filthy Letch

SnapDragon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSnapDragon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default The (Big Fat) Sims 3

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/sims-3/...06113750640058

I'd been hoping this for a while, and on the video they released there was a suspiciously fat-looking character crossing a road, but it looks like The Sims 3 is going to feature attainable real fat (and thin) characters!

I've always liked the Sims, although more for the architectural possibilities than the character design. The first game allowed you to create 'fit', 'fat', and 'skinny' characters. The 'fat' wasn't very fat, but there were some third party downloads. In the Sims 2, there was only one body type, which, upon eating too much, would get 'fat'. In the case of female sims, this meant a plump body shape, and in the case of male sims it meant a mesh that was actually thinner than the standard one, with collapsed shoulders and a potbelly. You couldn't make thin people at all.

Oh well, they've ensured my preorder. I just hope it's not hype.

-SnapDragon.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hey, that'd be good news. I don't know if you noticed, but a few year ago I was heavily into Sims customizing and even did a page and tutorial on how to create fats SIMs at http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/Weight_Room/Sims/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapDragon View Post
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/sims-3/...06113750640058

I'd been hoping this for a while, and on the video they released there was a suspiciously fat-looking character crossing a road, but it looks like The Sims 3 is going to feature attainable real fat (and thin) characters!

I've always liked the Sims, although more for the architectural possibilities than the character design. The first game allowed you to create 'fit', 'fat', and 'skinny' characters. The 'fat' wasn't very fat, but there were some third party downloads. In the Sims 2, there was only one body type, which, upon eating too much, would get 'fat'. In the case of female sims, this meant a plump body shape, and in the case of male sims it meant a mesh that was actually thinner than the standard one, with collapsed shoulders and a potbelly. You couldn't make thin people at all.

Oh well, they've ensured my preorder. I just hope it's not hype.

-SnapDragon.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
Baigley

Baigley can now change their title

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........

I'm an avid sims fan, and soon got tired of the limited body shape. I downloaded meshes like crazy.... >.>...

Here's one of em! Isn't he cute?

FFA: Doesn't always stand for Future Farmers of America. :D
Baigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
SnapDragon
Filthy Letch

SnapDragon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSnapDragon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
Hey, that'd be good news. I don't know if you noticed, but a few year ago I was heavily into Sims customizing and even did a page and tutorial on how to create fats SIMs at http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/Weight_Room/Sims/
I remember that tutorial! Unfortunately I was too lazy/ busy to make my own -- I downloaded a fat male bodyshape and an Oliver Hardy head from a site that I don't think exists any more. I did manage to make a head, basing it on a photograph of a man who I thought was the sexiest thing alive at the time. I also had fat women sims meshes, but I don't recall where I got them from. There are a few fat downloads for The Sims 2, but they unfortunately can't wear the clothes that come with the game, and most of the 3rd party content for Sims 2 isn't as well-rendered as the stuff that comes with the game. I think it's great if Maxis have acknowledged different-sized bodies in their game, and it's not *just* because I like fat men. Different body shapes in the virtual world should hopefully translate to greater acceptance of different bodies in the real world.

-SnapDragon.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:50 AM   #5
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Excellent! I went to the above tutorial when it was first posted years ago, and loved it, but had no skin creation skills. I eventually found some semi decent skins, but all bbw.

*dances jigs* I hope they do include that weight feature. I might actually buy the game from a store, instead of from a friend two years after the release!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #6
SnapDragon
Filthy Letch

http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3index.php?id=thesims3

Check out the different fatnesses at the picture at the bottom!

-SnapDragon.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #7
SnapDragon
Filthy Letch

Here's another picture from the official site:

I very much like the one on the far right. Especially the shape of his calves. Very chunky and realistic.

-SnapDragon.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #8
RevolOggerp

RevolOggerp has said some nice things

Hmm... it would be nice if I could create a bunch of female characters with huge round butts and big breasts.
RevolOggerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #9
tgif420

tgif420 has said some nice things

simz iz just creepy no matter how phat the simz r
tgif420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:00 AM   #10
Morgana

Morgana has said some nice things

Honestly, I hoped to "larger sizes" in the new "The Sims", but, as you read in the site about the new bodies, maybe as-fat-as-we-like is too strange and ugly for a game too.
I don't want to wait for a "The Sims 4" to really enjoy a big morbidly obese character!
Old 06-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #11
PeacefulGem
Groovy Chick :)

PeacefulGem can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPeacefulGem can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
I used to have the Heather Sim that you created and I loved her but several computers later I have her no more and the link to download her doesn't work. Is there anywhere I can go to download her or other Sims like her? I have searched all over the Internet and just can't find any other fatty Sims! Please help! Thanks
Old 07-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #12
Vetrijar

Vetrijar has said some nice things
Thumbs up Fat Female found in Sims3

I found a fat female sims in the Sims3 trailer at gamespot. She's talking on a cell phone in the clip and them later seen at a beach party for a second.

Trailer:
http://www.gamespot.com/video/936498...ficial-trailer

Image:
TheSims3.jpg
Vetrijar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #13
Vetrijar

Vetrijar has said some nice things
Default heather sims for peacefulgem

Luckily I had backed up my old computer years ago which had several original Sims programs and meshes. Just uploaded them to a friend's site for temporary storage. Not sure if these programs are still good or what but they were what I downloaded when playing the Sims (now playing sims2 and waiting for sims3)

Of course, the heather file you wanted is there too.
http://minolia.com/storage/heather.zip

and heather file + many other meshes and sims programs
note: not liable for programs! these were just things I downloaded way back for sims playing. haven't a clue if they work or not. run those at own risk!
http://minolia.com/storage/sims_fat.zip
Vetrijar is offline   Reply With Quote