Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 03-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
AlethaBBW
Fatniss Everdeen

AlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 club
Default Fat Friendly Physicians Guide

I mentioned in another thread that I found my fat-friendly ob-gyn through this site:

http://www.cat-and-dragon.com/stef/fat/ffp.html

It's such a good resource that it deserves its own thread. If we can help each other find fat-friendly health care providers, we'll all be better off.

If you have had a good experience with a provider *not* listed in the guide, how about submitting his or her info to the site owner?
AlethaBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks very much, Jaded! It's heartening to see so many names; this is a valuable list indeed!

And welcome to Dimensions!

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Neen
Free Spirit

Neen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

awesome list! To bad the only listing near me is a Midwife..! Lol
Old 07-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
DeliciouslySoft

DeliciouslySoft has said some nice things

Thanks Jaded. This is awesome. I have bookmarked the page and will check it often. This will be very handy when I start to pursue becoming pregnant.
You're awesome.
DeliciouslySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #5
AlethaBBW
Fatniss Everdeen

AlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 club

I don't get told I'm awesome nearly enough Thank you, and I hope the guide helps!
AlethaBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
JoiseyTomata

JoiseyTomata can now change their title
Default Great List... Any OBGyn in NJ

I think this list is wonderful but i need to find a fat friendly OBGYN in Southern NJ any one have any suggestions? I refuse to go back to mine they are mean and the DR there humiliated me to no end in front of the nurses. He wont even see me againa and I wont go back.. anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
~*~LuScIoUs LoRi~*~

~*~LuScIoUs LoRi~*~ has said some nice things
Default Fat-Friendly OB-GYN South Carolin

Does anyone know of a fat-friendly OB-GYN in the Columbia, SC area? I like my current doctor but his waiting room and exam room are not fat-friendly and he usually tends to mention my weight once or twice on my visit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
~*~LuScIoUs LoRi~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #8
PhatChk

PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Super thanks for that website

Eats and Seats :eat2:NEW ENTRY
I am looking for writers to contribute to the blog.
Ask me anything http://formspring.me/LadyGrn
PhatChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Celestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Oy

I honestly wish there were more physicians who were accepting of fatness. My experiences have been largely negative and I've been told time and again to get WLS and my problems will clear up.

I have problems that WLS couldn't fix but weight loss MIGHT help. There is no guarantee.

I know there are Doctors who are FA's; some of them lurk on this board and I met a lesbian FA Doctor through NOLOSE a few years back (but never got her contact information so I have no idea how to get in touch with her). Anyway, I wish that health care was better for fat people.

My friend and I talked about this the other day and I think it would be an interesting experiment. You know how Tyra and all of these other thin talk show host stars do the fat suit thing just to see what it would be like? I think all medical students (especially in America) should get fat suited up and go to a Doctor with a problem that is considered a "fat person's ailment" or with symptoms that may be unrelated to fat. Then they should experience the bedside manner of the healthcare providers; perhaps they'd get the same thing many of us get: the advice to lose weight and that should help or cure the problem. I dunno, it was just a thought, but a good one I think. If they could experience what it is like to be in a fat person's shoes having to get health care and not being cared for without discrimination, perhaps they'd be more empathetic in their own practice. But it would never happen. Cuz while education costs a lot, my experiment would cost a lot more I'm sure.

That's why we have to help one another out and speak up for ourselves. Thanks for this link!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:49 AM   #10
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed
Default Update for Monroe Wisconson

Dr Turec may be in a separate facility or private practice at this time but is no longer attached to the Monroe Clinic and hospital. If anyone in Wi or Northern Il knows his practice whereabouts they may wish to update his location for the sake of this list.
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:14 AM   #11
Pattie Vincent

Pattie Vincent can now change their title

Thanks for this!
Pattie Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote