Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 03-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
beth1954

beth1954 has said some nice things
Default I Can't Find Comfortable Panties!

I can't find panties that don't pull up and make my skin raw where the leg opening meets my skin. I'm miserable all the time.
When I go to Catherine's, I buy size 15, and they are "OK" but always end up making me miserable eventually.

Does anyone know where to buy large panties that are comfortable? Maybe more stretchy???
beth1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've always found Just My Size really good. You can get them in packs of 3 or 4 in Wal-mart or Target. For larger leg openings I get the high cut. They have really good coverage and I've never had a problem w/ rubbing.

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have chafing issues w/leg openings, too - the problem is the elastic around the openings (well, that and ridiculously sensitive skin, in my case). Just My Size are nice panties, but they don't protect my skin from the elastic and cause chafing there, unfortunately. I do have two suggestions, though:

These are awesome. They run large, and the leg openings and waist elastic are very thoroughly covered in soft cotton, so no chafing whatsoever. Cool cotton, and a couple of cute patterns, even.

These are also completely wonderful. Mostly I wear them around the house, but they're snug/close-fitting enough to wear under jeans, too, and they don't ride up as I feared they would. The waistband isn't covered in cotton, but it's high enough that it doesn't chafe, and because they're boxer briefs, the leg opening chafing issue is a non-issue. I love them.

Uncomfortable panties are the worst. Good luck getting into something better!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth1954 View Post
I can't find panties that don't pull up and make my skin raw where the leg opening meets my skin. I'm miserable all the time.
When I go to Catherine's, I buy size 15, and they are "OK" but always end up making me miserable eventually.

Does anyone know where to buy large panties that are comfortable? Maybe more stretchy???
www.makingitbig.com

Has great cotton panties with covered elastic. I've worn their panties for years and they work well.
Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have a few pairs of botton panties that are streamlined but have no elastic in the legs whatsoever. Very handy for this sort of thing. I don't know what the sizing is, but I'll try to find them and take a look if you think it'll help.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

These are the max stretch panties and I love them.

http://www.mizrak.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=2004
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:35 AM   #7
beth1954

Default panties

Carrie, I have looked at the panties that look like shorts. I was worried about them riding up under jeans. But you said they don't? My jeans are not tight, so that might help. I have been debating whether or not I should get them How about the boy cut?
thanks so much for your information.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:36 AM   #8
beth1954

Default Panties

Sandie,

I LOVE some of the blouses on that sight. Just what I'm looking for but they are WAY out of my price range. Thank you for the link though!
Old 03-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #9
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth1954 View Post
Carrie, I have looked at the panties that look like shorts. I was worried about them riding up under jeans. But you said they don't? My jeans are not tight, so that might help. I have been debating whether or not I should get them How about the boy cut?
thanks so much for your information.

Hi Beth,

It really depends on the particular pair. I've bought "boxer briefs" before where they were much baggier and longer than I wanted, and those definitely wouldn't work under jeans. The particular style I referenced are snug, though, and are exactly the right length for me. Boy cut panties are fun, but I've found many of them to have an elastic around the legband and the ones from Roaman's and Woman Within tend to run small, in my experience. For instance, I bought the ones that are the equivalent of the hipsters I referenced in boy short style (same pattern, etc.,) and though they were the same size as the hipsters they were way, way more snug. If you're not in a rush, I'd recommend signing up for Roaman's (and Woman Within's) e-mail lists and wait for one of their specials (or google Roaman's coupon and see what you get) and use it to try a couple of pairs of panties to see what works for you. They occasionally have really good coupons that will save you a lot of money!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:18 AM   #10
Butterbelly
Melting in the desert

Butterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Hi Beth,

It really depends on the particular pair. I've bought "boxer briefs" before where they were much baggier and longer than I wanted, and those definitely wouldn't work under jeans. The particular style I referenced are snug, though, and are exactly the right length for me. Boy cut panties are fun, but I've found many of them to have an elastic around the legband and the ones from Roaman's and Woman Within tend to run small, in my experience. For instance, I bought the ones that are the equivalent of the hipsters I referenced in boy short style (same pattern, etc.,) and though they were the same size as the hipsters they were way, way more snug. If you're not in a rush, I'd recommend signing up for Roaman's (and Woman Within's) e-mail lists and wait for one of their specials (or google Roaman's coupon and see what you get) and use it to try a couple of pairs of panties to see what works for you. They occasionally have really good coupons that will save you a lot of money!
I wear Hanes boycut panties in a size 12. They do not have any elastic in the leg at all. I don't know what the largest size they come in, but I find them exceptionally comfortable.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Butterbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:50 AM   #11
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Im another just my size, girl. I wear the biggest ones in 14...I like them, though sometimes if I bloat of gain weight, the rip, lol. But for the most part they are good cheap comfy undies.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:59 AM   #12
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Whut? Is NObody willing to suggest just going commando (california) style with a little talc or Gold Bond?!? If only just to titillate the random, lurking FA? Sometimes y'all just have ZERO consideration, y'know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie S-R View Post
www.makingitbig.com

Has great cotton panties with covered elastic. I've worn their panties for years and they work well.
OK, sorry Sandie, but, EEEWWWW! TMI!!
Old 03-29-2008, 07:39 AM   #13
Butterbelly
Melting in the desert

Butterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Whut? Is NObody willing to suggest just going commando (california) style with a little talc or Gold Bond?!? If only just to titillate the random, lurking FA? Sometimes y'all just have ZERO consideration, y'know?

OK, sorry Sandie, but, EEEWWWW! TMI!!
Some of us prefer not to go commando. I'd rather not end up with crotch pictures like Britney Spears all over the internet.

And there is NOTHING wrong with Sandie's panties....she likes comfort, not style.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Butterbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:48 AM   #14
Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbelly View Post
And there is NOTHING wrong with Sandie's panties....she likes comfort, not style.
Pssst....I think Ernest was teasing Sandie about the "wearing them for years" part, not the style of the panties.

I think the commando part was probably a joke, too.

Would it be too, too cute for me to suggest that nobody get their panties in a bunch in the panty thread?

Last edited by Carrie; 03-29-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:23 AM   #15
DdeelishUK

DdeelishUK can now change their title

I know you are all talking about big panties
But I very rarely wear the brief type preferring thong styles - I have bought most of my things in the last couple of years from Big Gals Lingerie - they are made out of the fabric of your choice so can be uuber stretchy and soft by selecting lycra - stretch lace etc - so I find these stretch with me and don't rub or chaff like so many thongs do
The rest of the time I get my other undies from www.shapelyfigures.com - cheap and if you select the right ones - comfy too
DdeelishUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #16
mybluice

mybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot pics

I wear the Hanes boycut(is that what they are called) very comfy cotton...I like that they sit below my waist (bellybutton) because I wear lower cut pants/jeans.
mybluice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #17
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The first Roamans panties that Carrie mentioned are comfy but definitely run way big, so be careful! I got some in the biggest size thinking they might be small (my hips are definitely beyond 66-68 or whatever they say) and they are really billowy on me, even in the leg openings. The cut is really similar to a lot of undies from Torrid, except that they go a lot bigger.

I am not sure of your sizing in the hip/tummy etc area, but speaking of Torrid, if you don't mind wearing 'em under tummy if they're a tad small, they have some cheeky panties with a stretchy lacy trim that are really, really comfortable. I am also really loving the panties that I got from Avenue - they fit really nicely and are so, so soft. The sizing is pretty much just right for me, which I find confusing since a lot of their things are too small.

Thongs of course are great for leg room but not so nice for coverage. Bikini and string bikini are very comfortable for my really large thighs, and sticking with high cut instead of standard brief has always been the way to go for me as far as your average cotton comfies go I don't think I've worn briefs for.... at least a decade, probably closer to 15 years, because of the awful discomfort for my thighs.
seavixen is offline   Reply With Quote