Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 02-14-2006, 11:22 PM   #1
TallEnglishman

TallEnglishman has said some nice things
Question FEED the movie

Anyone seen it? It opens here in the UK on Friday...

FEED

med_1121549217-79awsdf.jpg

:eat1: :eat1: :eat1:
TallEnglishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:35 PM   #2
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You know your fetish has truly hit the mainstream when there's a shitty exploitation movie based on it.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:46 PM   #3
RedRanger

RedRanger has said some nice things

Cool use of fat suits though, even though the boobs look fake.
RedRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:17 AM   #4
Zoom
Rogue

Zoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I've posted on IMDB's Feed forum a helluva lot, it's almost like I'm looking for a fight with any fatphobic who shows up there... I must be obsessed.

How ironic that my actions may cause a perception that US audiences would be offended, thus making the director give up finding a US distributor...

I may be showing contempt for the concept of putting an FA story into a HORROR movie instead of a romance, but I'm still willing to shell out grotzits for the shiny plastic thing.
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:52 AM   #5
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

Maybe I'm just too ideological, but I am almost belligerently disgusted by the portrayal of fat admiration as the substance of horror. How the hell are you supposed to explain to fat women that they are beautiful after they've seen a flick that explains any guy who says that must be psychotic? Truly, most guys who think fat is beautiful want to make you gain weight until you die from it. That's a great message.

I hate the movie; its a pity the rest of the composition looks so well done.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:54 AM   #6
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay West Coast
How the hell are you supposed to explain to fat women that they are beautiful after they've seen a flick that explains any guy who says that must be psychotic? Truly, most guys who think fat is beautiful want to make you gain weight until you die from it. That's a great message.
Jay, you seem to me to be the type who would not even be drawn to a simpleton like this. Most intelligent people would see a movie like this and appreciate it for the horror that it is but wont assume that every fat admirer is looking to kill them. There are far too many happy couples around to substantiate any thoughts that would lean towards the FA/psycho connection.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:29 AM   #7
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Isn't this the same one that almost came out last year until everyone whose pictures got pinched off the Internet for it threatened to sue?

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:14 AM   #8
Coop
Proud owner of Megas

Coop can now change their title

I really don't like the movie's point in general. It's rude, crude, and delivers a wrong message about fat admiration.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #9
TallEnglishman

TallEnglishman has said some nice things
Wink Isn't this a case of slight over-reaction?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop
I really don't like the movie's point in general. It's rude, crude, and delivers a wrong message about fat admiration.
That's like saying SE7EN was meretricious because it presented psychotic murderers in a negative light.

It's a MOO-VEE, peepul. It'll either be entertaining, or not. That's ALL.

:eat1: :eat1: :eat1:
TallEnglishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:02 AM   #10
adam

adam can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesadam can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

They have spent all this time since that brew haha online re-editting this movie I'd bet, getting rid of the copywritten* material from online that was in the picture. I'd be very suprised to see it released in the states other than in a very limitied run in a very small number of theaters, in very sellected locations. Thats just my opinion. I could be wrong.
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:23 AM   #11
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

great now everybody is gonna think that a FA is automatically a feeder.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #12
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Maybe I'm just too ideological, but I am almost belligerently disgusted by the portrayal of fat admiration as the substance of horror. How the hell are you supposed to explain to fat women that they are beautiful after they've seen a flick that explains any guy who says that must be psychotic? Truly, most guys who think fat is beautiful want to make you gain weight until you die from it. That's a great message.

I hate the movie; its a pity the rest of the composition looks so well done.
i kinda agree this makes us FAs look bad. REAL BAD. also if you go to the movies website it says fat admiring men ( feeders) seek out obese females (gainers). its atomaitically calling FAs feeders.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:44 PM   #13
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Bathroom Etchings and Watercoolers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW
Jay, you seem to me to be the type who would not even be drawn to a simpleton like this. Most intelligent people would see a movie like this and appreciate it for the horror that it is but wont assume that every fat admirer is looking to kill them. There are far too many happy couples around to substantiate any thoughts that would lean towards the FA/psycho connection.
Lilly thank you for the compliment, and I totally see where you are coming from. You're one of the most intelligent people on the boards; perhaps it's cynicism that informs me that most people are only half as wise as you are.

Maybe I have a pessimistic view on the world, but I've been discovering that people in general are stupider than you'd assume. Whether its a bathroom stall etching I saw today that read "Vandelism wastes intelagence," or someone explaining that "Bob Dylan is only famous 'cuz he was one of the Beatles"--people are relatively dumb. I figure even an average person who knows nothing about FA's (there seem to be plenty of those) might be impressionable when they see us presented like this in a movie. The FEED website explains that the movie is based on a "burgeoning internet community" of people just like those portrayed in the film--something I sure hope is explained in the movie itself.

Moreover, I think that even 'simpleton' fat women deserve to feel beautiful. I might not be personally dating them, but I'd hate for anyone to even get the slightest impression that only a basketcase would like them for who they are. Sometimes I really feel like there are a lot of happy FA-BBW couples (or even Feeder-Gainer couples, topically), but all too often i get jolted back into a "reality" wherein I feel more like a deviant than a minority. The public, albeit dumb and uninformed, can be rather cruel. The last thing I'd want is the first water-cooler discussion over fat admiration to be how "f*cked up these people are that I saw in this one movie."

But, hey, any press is good press, right? Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical. My paranoia nor my frustration are going to resolve these larger idiosyncratic intersociological issues. I would love to change the world, but I better become realistic lest I become bitter.

I guess I'll just have to go see Phat Girlz with Mo'nique instead. Who wants to come with me? I'm putting the armrest up, and the Milk Duds and buttered popcorn are on me.

Jay West Coast
Old 02-15-2006, 07:46 PM   #14
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
...and the Milk Duds and buttered popcorn are on me.

Jay West Coast
Kinky!

White text so I can make the 10 character limit.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:05 PM   #15
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You're on, Jay, and I completely agree with you. It only affirms mainstream opinion that fat people aren't worthy of love, lust and adoration, and that those who do are weird. Now, it will go from weird, to absolutely perverted, since most people know nothing about the difference between the preference of liking fat women and being an actual feeder and demonizing that -- particularly given that any show about guys liking fat women is sensationalized and not treated like a preference as normal as liking thin women.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:07 PM   #16
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I guess I'll just have to go see Phat Girlz with Mo'nique instead. Who wants to come with me? I'm putting the armrest up, and the Milk Duds and buttered popcorn are on me.

Jay West Coast

*raises hand* Extra butter-like substance, please.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:31 AM   #17
Venus de Mpls

I've not seen the movie but heck ya, I want to. It is the basest of urges for me, a feedee... to be fed to death.

It is not something I would ever give into. Ever. But, good golly, again this is fiction. And a very underground movie.

I don't think it has the power to become propaganda against fat folks more than any news agency peddling the fear of fat.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:46 AM   #18
chubbyloverinak

chubbyloverinak has said some nice things
Default re

Most people will realize it's a movie, I think. At any rate, it does further our cause by bringing it out into the light a little bit more, even if it isn't an accurate portrayal. Maybe someone will see it and become curious, check out a few websites, and before you know it we have a convert.

As for the negative attention, it will cause people to ask questions. "Oh my god, are there really people like that?" they will ask. And our response would be, "Well, not EXACTLY..." and you can see where it could go from there.

I think Jay said it best: any press is good press.
chubbyloverinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:41 AM   #19
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
You're on, Jay, and I completely agree with you. It only affirms mainstream opinion that fat people aren't worthy of love, lust and adoration, and that those who do are weird. Now, it will go from weird, to absolutely perverted, since most people know nothing about the difference between the preference of liking fat women and being an actual feeder and demonizing that -- particularly given that any show about guys liking fat women is sensationalized and not treated like a preference as normal as liking thin women.
I guess I'm looking at things in a more optimistic view. A wise friend of mine once told me that there is no such thing as bad publicity. At one time I used to get really worked up when I saw fat women portraying themselves as gluttonous pigs in photos. It made me unbelievably uncomfortable thinking it reinforced stereotypes and people were going to think poorly of me, yada yada. But a show of hands here on how many FA's saw something like that for the first time and thought, "Omygod, WHERE DO I FIND THIS!!" and did a search and wound up here? If it didn't exist a lot of people would still be walking around thinking themselves deviant or defective because their preference doesn't add up. I remember seeing my first issue of Dimensions and thinking, "Look at these ladies, I could NEVER do that!"

I'm thinking along those same terms where FEED is concerned. Many will see it and come away thinking, "That movie sucked, I want my money back." While others will say, "Omygod, WHERE DO I FIND THIS!!" I feel bad for the simpletons who will think what they think. But if it were presented on a silver platter with parsley snips they would still think thusly, there's nothing you can do. But the word is out.

EDIT: Oh! And count me in for Sno Caps and popcorn, extra butter!

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~

Last edited by LillyBBBW; 02-16-2006 at 05:49 AM.
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:15 AM   #20
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini
You know your fetish has truly hit the mainstream when there's a shitty exploitation movie based on it.
That's for darn sure, and obesity itself has hit the mainstream because we fat people are now probably in the majority of the population.

Gadzooks! This sentence of the movie synopsis caught my eye:
Quote:
Phillip tracks him to Toledo, Ohio, and goes there determined to uncover the sinister underworld.
My home town has a sinister underworld? I like Toledo because it's comfy and quiet (our biggest celebrities, if we can call them that, are Tony Packo and Jamie Farr). We probably have more restaurants per capita in Toledo than anywhere else in the USA, so sometimes I joke that I'm obese because it's my civic duty to support our economy, although I've never used a funnel. Will this movie give us a reputation as the feeder capital of the world? Think of the ramifications! It's kinda far-fetched to think that Toledo might become a fat glam center, but stranger things have happened. It's only a movie.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:36 AM   #21
fatlane
Starting Arvist

Dude. We SO do not have a death pool on feedees.

And is it just me, or did they get the guy who defends feeding to look like Conrad? Kinda?

Feh. Not gonna see this one at all. They even had fake Cannes-type awards at the bottom of the screen.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:23 AM   #22
pickleman357
Christian/Fattism Solider

pickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this board

Well, few thoughts

How many movies has someone's spouce gone crazy and tried to kill them? Does this mean people will never get married again?
Yes, I know the agruement to that, Fat Acceptance isn't mainstream enough and could give it a bad rap.
But. what if the movie has a happen ending? What if she goes down to 400lbs and they live happily ever after on a beach somewhere?

The trailer doesn't really show much of the story, so I'm going to have to go and see it or have someone spoil it for me before I make any disicions,
pickleman357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:36 AM   #23
Wilson Barbers
Full-time Fanta-sizer

Wilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Considering the big trend in current horror flix these days is toward dark, sadistic & skuzzy with little hope for redemption (see Saw), Im not expecting any happy waddles into the sunset with this un. Me, Ill probably wait til it shows on cable alongside cheesy horror exercises like Scarecrow Goes Wild . . .
Old 02-17-2006, 10:34 AM   #24
FreneticFangs

FreneticFangs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFreneticFangs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Feed

At first I thought, hey it can't be THAT bad. Maybe I'll go see it with my boyfriend or at least show him the site.
Couple of clips and an ad later:
I'd rather see Ms.American Pie in a fat suit making FUN of fat people in Date Movie than depict my fetish as some kind of horror.
The movie IS all horror. There's nothing sexy about the way they depict it.

It even made ME feel gross and I've been an FFA since I had hormones. *throws up at main ad*
FreneticFangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #25
coyote wild
You'll love me, I swear.

coyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this board

honestly, the movie didn't initially bother me. i mean, i saw the potential jab at our little community, but didnt dwell over it.

until i was driving to school the other day. my mind wanders on that long drive and i think about everything. this particular instance, one of them being Feed. as soon as i got out of the car and was among people, i felt like a freak. knowing that my fetish is something that others feel should be frowned upon, just made me feel like an outsider in an environment that i normally enjoy attending.