Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 02-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #26
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You could be right, Lilly. I'd really *rather* believe your scenario then one closer to what I think will happen, and certainly allow for the possibility.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:12 AM   #27
Archangel
Winged Author

Archangel can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote wild
honestly, the movie didn't initially bother me. i mean, i saw the potential jab at our little community, but didnt dwell over it.

until i was driving to school the other day. my mind wanders on that long drive and i think about everything. this particular instance, one of them being Feed. as soon as i got out of the car and was among people, i felt like a freak. knowing that my fetish is something that others feel should be frowned upon, just made me feel like an outsider in an environment that i normally enjoy attending.
You know, given enough money, they can make any fetish into a movie and make the populace who is into that type of thing feel less of a normal person. Heck I can just a see a furry horror movie titled Call of the Wild or some such thing.

I think if you take a step back and realize that people are going to have whatever perception they want to have, it will help get over your blues.
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:05 PM   #28
TallEnglishman

TallEnglishman has said some nice things
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW
While others will say, "Omygod, WHERE DO I FIND THIS!!"
Good point, Lilly. That's how it works for me.

:eat1: :eat1: :eat1:
TallEnglishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:16 PM   #29
TallEnglishman

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson Barbers
(see Saw)
No, don't!!! I saw SAW (see what a tongue twister it is to even describe the experience) a few weeks ago on DVD. Great premise, abysmal plot development, woeful acting, clever hype. And look see? Weirdly enough, I haven't taken to kidnapping strangers, chaining them to radiators in my underground lair, setting them tortuous mind-game puzzles, and pretending to be a corpse next to them. Nor have I started organising petitions to protest about the behaviour of those who do. I think I realised early on SAW was a moo-vee, not a documentary or expose.

FEED will be gone before this thread expires, in all likelihood, unless everyone over-reacts and turns it into something more.

Oh jeez, this has given me a headache.

Old 02-18-2006, 10:40 PM   #30
Seth Warren
May she always be True

Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallEnglishman
I haven't taken to kidnapping strangers, chaining them to radiators in my underground lair, setting them tortuous mind-game puzzles, and pretending to be a corpse next to them.
Then you just haven't lived yet, man!
Seth Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #31
TallEnglishman

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Warren
Then you just haven't lived yet, man!
LOL

Old 02-19-2006, 12:08 AM   #32
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Okay. I'm terrible. I'm going to hell. I know this.

This movie looks awesome. I LOVE campy stuff like this, and I'm a fat chick. My mom and I will both be so on top of this.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:10 AM   #33
Tragdor
Abide

Tragdor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTragdor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTragdor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I am just sick of people talking about this movie. And sick of lame formulaic horror movies
Tragdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:33 AM   #34
TallEnglishman

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragdor
I am just sick of people talking about this movie.
Anyone else spot the irony? LOL

Old 02-19-2006, 06:31 AM   #35
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

This really isn't my kind of movie, so I can't see myself sitting through it... What I don't understand is why everyone is so worked up about it? Remember, this is fiction - it's a story about (presumably) one bad guy who happens to be a ba-a-ad feeder. So what? Someone write the screenplay where the FA is the good guy (or is that what Shallow Hal was supposed to be?).

Maybe it's because this is the first major film that uses our "fetish?" Is that why some people think it will paint us all with the same colour? I wouldn't worry about it too much. First, this film is not going to be taken seriously - this isn't Saving Private Ryan, y'know - and second, I don't think anyone outside of the BBW/FA community really cares. We already know most of the population is "against" us for loving fat, and this little flick isn't going to substantially reinforce or change that belief.

I think I'll wait to see what America Ferrera's next film is...

Brenda
Old 02-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #36
sockratezz

sockratezz can now change their title
Default It's a movie

Look people, IT'S A MOVIE. Nothing more , nothing less. If it were a big budget Hollywood flick it wouldn't be making the film festival rounds or be in limited release. Personally, I like horror movies and I'll probaly see it when it comes to local film festival in March. But that's me. If you think a film or any media can't twist a fetish to sensationalize it, stop kidding yourself. It's a fetish ,just like anything else thats not the quote/unqoute norm, it can be painted negative to make money. But if it's your thing you are gonna like regardless of what is said or seen. If you allow a movie to affect what your fetish is to you because of how others will veiw you ,then its not a fetish it's a Fad and you're not really into it. Remember it's FICTION not REALITY.
sockratezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #37
shy guy
Monkey Trumpets

shy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 club

Ok it's time to hear from the filmmaker ...This movie going to SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how bad will it SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! its going to SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like Pairs Hilton in that video buzz!!! zig!!! come on people this movie is bad so don't worry about ok one day there will be a movie about FAs and BBWs that is good trust me I will go to hollwood and change alot of things...count on the Shy Guy ...later
shy guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #38
TallEnglishman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy guy
I will go to hollwood and change alot of things...
You going to sneak weightgainer into Catherine Zeta Jones' coffee?

Old 02-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #39
OneFreeMan

OneFreeMan has said some nice things

Like it or not, what you do is unhealthy regardless. This so called "fetish" is nothing like a hair preference. I know this topic would pop up on these boards. Being obese is not healthy by any means, if you knew anything about the medical branch, you'd know the heart is working harder, thus potentially shaving years off your life. You are essentially killing people by "feeding" them. This fetish is more or less, lethal in all aspects. Liking someone with red hair, doesn't mean you risk their lives to get them to that state.
OneFreeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #40
TallEnglishman

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFreeMan
Like it or not, what you do is unhealthy regardless. This so called "fetish" is nothing like a hair preference. I know this topic would pop up on these boards. Being obese is not healthy by any means, if you knew anything about the medical branch, you'd know the heart is working harder, thus potentially shaving years off your life. You are essentially killing people by "feeding" them. This fetish is more or less, lethal in all aspects. Liking someone with red hair, doesn't mean you risk their lives to get them to that state.
I'm not going to flame you, OneFreeMan: just try to deal sensitively with your contention that gaining is "unhealthy, regardless".

Guess what? I don't agree. Here's my take:

I think the most important thing you can do in life is honour your own soul/psyche. For years - most of my early adulthood - I struggled inside because deep down I knew I wanted to gain, and yet society - or rather, my perception of society - seemed to dictate that I should stay slim. So I made what other people thought my rule of living, even at the expense of honouring my self.

This is a rather complicated way of saying that feederism is not necessarily unhealthy. I'm not saying it needn't be - if you gain or feed someone to beyond what they are comfortable with, then yes, it's going to disable/destroy them. But if you keep measuring your gain against how you truthfully feel, I believe you will not only be much happier and healthier, you will be a beacon to others.

But then, conformity is a 4-letter word in my universe.

I'd be genuinely interested to know why you're so frightened of obesity.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:07 PM   #41
OneFreeMan

I don't expect you take this lying down, nor do I expect you to agree with me, but your logic lacks any real foundation. Society tells us to not kill people, therefore, you don't do it. If your soul is corrupt (Medicine refers to this as "mental instability"), you don't kill people to break this so called "conformity". Conformity is here for a reason, its to keep order, and now and then, people like you tend to try and break this conform, and try to be.....special. Just because you like to eat, doesn't mean you repeatedly do it for the sake of doing it, nor do you do it to meet people's standards. Like it or not, you are just like the rest of society, you want somebody to change their body to meet your standards, its just backwards, and unhealthy.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:17 PM   #42
TallEnglishman

Wink

Quote:
I don't expect you take this lying down, nor do I expect you to agree with me, but your logic lacks any real foundation. Society tells us to not kill people, therefore, you don't do it. If your soul is corrupt (Medicine refers to this as "mental instability"), you don't kill people to break this so called "conformity". Conformity is here for a reason, its to keep order, and now and then, people like you tend to try and break this conform, and try to be.....special. Just because you like to eat, doesn't mean you repeatedly do it for the sake of doing it, nor do you do it to meet people's standards. Like it or not, you are just like the rest of society, you want somebody to change their body to meet your standards, its just backwards, and unhealthy.
Hmmmm. You still seem fearful/angry. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree! Thanks for posting

Old 02-19-2006, 10:23 PM   #43
OneFreeMan

All I'm doing is stating my position, which is what you do is unhealthy.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:23 PM   #44
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Peace through conformity. That's a new one.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:28 PM   #45
TallEnglishman

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini
Peace through conformity. That's a new one.
LOL.

And note, he still doesn't explain why he's so fearful. Ah well...

Old 02-19-2006, 11:42 PM   #46
OneFreeMan

I don't know where you get this "fearful" idea, stating your opinion on a particular subject, does not necessarily mean you're fearful of something. I know I can prove my point, that this "feederism" is unhealthy, there isn't much of an argument you can provide, being obese is not healthy. The entire "fat fetish" ins unhealthy, mainly because it promotes an unhealthy style of life.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:46 PM   #47
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I don't know where you get this "fearful" idea, stating your opinion on a particular subject, does not necessarily mean you're fearful of something. I know I can prove my point, that this "feederism" is unhealthy, there isn't much of an argument you can provide, being obese is not healthy. The entire "fat fetish" ins unhealthy, mainly because it promotes an unhealthy style of life.
And in other news, the world's mortality rate is holding steady at 100 percent.

Live how ya' want, so long as you do it on your own terms. Life is too short to have it any other way.

/Consenting adults can do what they want
//Ya' don't have to like it
///Or understand it
////Slashies
Old 02-19-2006, 11:49 PM   #48
shy guy
Monkey Trumpets

shy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 clubshy guy is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallEnglishman
You going to sneak weightgainer into Catherine Zeta Jones' coffee?

Well no I was going to make a movie with FAs and BBWs as the stars but your idea is good to I might just do that as well as make the movie...later
shy guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:51 PM   #49
OneFreeMan

Yes, but inflicting it upon other people may be considered a distant form of murder, you are just as bad as men attracted to skinny girls, you're trying to mold a girl into what you like. In this small community, the girls have to conform to being bigger, its like an alternate. How can you say "I break conform" when you're just inflicting a different form of it upon others?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:55 PM   #50
Mini
Right, not nice

Quote:
Yes, but inflicting it upon other people may be considered a distant form of murder, you are just as bad as men attracted to skinny girls, you're trying to mold a girl into what you like. In this small community, the girls have to conform to being bigger, its like an alternate. How can you say "I break conform" when you're just inflicting a different form of it upon others?
Size acceptance is just what it says: The realisation that people can be beautiful regardless of their weight. We accept people as they are; if THEY want to change, it's their decision, not as a result of pressure from our community.

I think you've mistaken feederism to be a larger part of the SA movement than it actually is. It's a fetish, not unlike any other. It may be odd, but again, so long as it's between consenting adults, who gives a fuck? No one's pushing anyone to do fuck all.

And for the record, I've never "distantly murdered" anyone, though I did hurt a guy's feelings once. I'd appreciate it if you would dial down the accusations.