Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
GoddessNoir
Milkmaid

GoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Pictures of Fat Pregnant Women

My partner and I are talking about makin' babies. Very exciting. I'm searching for pictures of pregnant fat women. I'm curious about how I may look. I at least would like to get a general idea of what other fat women looked like when they were pregnant.

I'm borderline super sized, 24-26-28 depending on where I shop.

So, help a sister out, do any of you have pictures of fat women during late pregnancy?

Thanks.

Ecstasy is uncut forests and the smell of fresh baked bread. - Arvuyeda
GoddessNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.
HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Check out the babycenter.com There's a message board with plus size pregnant women and there's a belly thread. Although most of the women are plumpers or mid size, it's nice to see teh belly bumps. I lost a lot of my pregnancy pics from my last pregnancy when we had a major hard drive crash. I also didnt think i looked preggers. This one is popping out though
Old 04-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
Check out the babycenter.com There's a message board with plus size pregnant women and there's a belly thread. Although most of the women are plumpers or mid size, it's nice to see teh belly bumps. I lost a lot of my pregnancy pics from my last pregnancy when we had a major hard drive crash. I also didnt think i looked preggers. This one is popping out though
Bless you and your unborn baby Megan.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

thanks He's a very active kicky kind of kid, especially around 1am
Old 04-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
phatfatgirl

phatfatgirl is a member of the 500 clubphatfatgirl is a member of the 500 clubphatfatgirl is a member of the 500 clubphatfatgirl is a member of the 500 clubphatfatgirl is a member of the 500 club

awww he's a night owl Megan... God bless him.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #6
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Unfortunately, the night owl has kept me up for a few nights. My doctor prescribed me some sleep helpers so i'm not so exhausted. I had my first good night sleep in like a week thanks to some tylenol pm that she suggested. (i'm holding off on using the prescription unless i REALLY need it)

and GoddessNoir. I'll try and find some of my older photos of me from my last pregnancy. I intend to take more photos as my belly changes. I was already and apple pre pregnancy. But my belly shape has changed to be more oval (well the upper belly at least )
Old 04-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
GoddessNoir
Milkmaid

GoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going on

Thanks Megan!

I was reading about the upper belly, lower belly thing in pregnancy. I'm big all over but smaller in the belly area and really wondering how I might look.

I was sticking out my belly but realize that sticking out my tummy and actually having something in there will result in two totally different looks.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #8
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

I am really seeing a difference nearly daily as my baby gains size. He's about 1 1/2 lbs now i think and over a foot long.
I took this picture last week to try and capture how my belly looks pregnant when i lay down. You cant tell I'm pregnant while sitting but standing/walking and laying down you can.
I definitely have that pregnancy waddle lately because my hips and belly are so sore from the growing uterus. I waddle more a the end of the day than in the beginning. My doc recommended a pregnancy support belt so I'm going to order one as soon as i get paid this week

I really hope you have a good OB. It is night and day between having a fat phobic doc vs a doc who doesn't mention my weight at all. I love my doc this time around!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg belly.jpg (46.2 KB, 2652 views)
Old 04-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #9
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
thanks He's a very active kicky kind of kid, especially around 1am
I have a question about this. When I was pregnant 8 years ago with my daughter, I rarely felt her kick. My OB at the time attributed it to my weight. I was 280 at the time. Pretty portioned. Obviously she was wrong. This could not be the case if your little guy is keeping you up with all his swimming around. How often do you feel him move? How far along are you? I was pretty sad about the lack of kicking. I thought it was another thing I missed out on because of my weight. I think feeling the baby move is one of the most exciting moments during pregnancy.
I am a few lbs smaller now. Between 250 and 260 on any given day. I wonder if I will be able to feel my next baby kick?

Also, when I delivered, I was just about 290. They wouldn't give me an epidural because they said I was too big. Did you have one with your last baby?

Oh and congrats on the baby!
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #10
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

With my oldest (he's 5 now) i didnt feel him until 21 or 22 weeks. i kept writing him off as gas. (boy did i have a lot of that!) But i felt him regularly when i knew what to feel.

I really think that the whole weight and feeling your baby move is a load of bunk. I felt this baby at 14 weeks. It can, however, have something to do with the placement of the placenta. My ultrasound showed i had picture perfect placement of my placenta. I was 410 when my son was delivered. I'm about 20lbs lighter than that right now and am trying my best not to gain any more. This baby seems a lot bigger and stronger than my other one.

I have already felt this one kick my hand a few times. I have to be laying on my side but he kicked my hands a few times. This kid is a wiggle worm especially after i eat. I ate an hour ago and he's squirming around like crazy now. Sometimes i get a swift, hard kick and i'll jump it surprises me so much.

The women on my plus size and pregnant board all talk about how they feel their babies unless the placenta is in the wrong position.

I sure hope you can feel your next baby. I wasn't overly excited about this baby until I started feeling him. It has helped me bond.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #11
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thanks for the info Megan. I am going to check out the plus sized pregnancy boards.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #12
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

That board is nice. It's a lot less drama filled than the board that mixes skinny girls in. I dont know why the plus size chicks are less dramatic but it's certainly a place i frequent
Old 04-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #13
toni
In the know

Because the skinny girls are hungry! LOL
Old 04-23-2008, 11:46 PM   #14
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

toni-
Hearing things like they told you that you couldn't have an epidural because of your weight is just another case of fat phobic/ignorant doctoring. That makes me so mad, but it doesn't surprise me.
I was about the same weight when I delivered my son and they gave me an epidural. Although the rude anesthesiologist was mad at me for having what he said was a curved spine and not letting him know about it. Umm, I had no idea about it myself. What a jerk! I don't think he did a good job with the epi though since it hardly worked.

Also, with my son he kicked all the time and moved all over the place. With my daughter she hardly moved at all and at times it would worry me, but it also made me sad because I knew this was probably the last time I would be pregnant and I wanted to feel the baby kicking.

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:30 AM   #15
GoddessNoir
Milkmaid

My gyn, who I'm going to use as an ob has been great for all of the years he's been my doc. When I mentioned wanting to great pregnant to him and my general prac, they were both very supportive. They've only mentioned they both not wanting me to gain more than about 30 pounds.

I have an appointment with a midwife in about a week. I told her I was very fat over the phone when we spoke her response was - okay. Hopefully, I've found a good one.

Megan, your belly is great! I think that's what I'm looking forward to, having a baby belly.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #16
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Because the skinny girls are hungry! LOL
lol that must be true. I quit going to that board months ago because i was sick of them complaining about being "fat cows". They cant stand to gain weight even though they're f*ing pregnant!

The plus size board is so much more my speed
Old 04-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #17
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessNoir View Post
My gyn, who I'm going to use as an ob has been great for all of the years he's been my doc. When I mentioned wanting to great pregnant to him and my general prac, they were both very supportive. They've only mentioned they both not wanting me to gain more than about 30 pounds.

I have an appointment with a midwife in about a week. I told her I was very fat over the phone when we spoke her response was - okay. Hopefully, I've found a good one.

Megan, your belly is great! I think that's what I'm looking forward to, having a baby belly.
that's awesome! Medical care that is cool with the fat is really important
Old 04-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #18
ksandru
"PHAT" Not "Fat", Got It?

ksandru can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Congrats on your decision to have kids. I can tell you from experience I am loving it! I had my first baby (my boy) 3 years ago at age 43. I weighed 307 then. Imagine now at 46, we are expecting our second child due in October! My jelly belly has now shifted to baby belly & I am waiting for him/her to move any time now. My son was a mini David Beckham who kicked day AND night!

If you want information on pregnancy for a plus/supersize woman, I HIGHLY recommend www.plus-size-pregnancy.org. K-Mom's website is essential for us and packed with information. I owe my healthy pregnancies to both God and her website. Good luck !

Kathy

Quote:
My partner and I are talking about makin' babies. Very exciting. I'm searching for pictures of pregnant fat women. I'm curious about how I may look. I at least would like to get a general idea of what other fat women looked like when they were pregnant.

I'm borderline super sized, 24-26-28 depending on where I shop.

So, help a sister out, do any of you have pictures of fat women during late pregnancy?

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #19
Miss Vickie
Executive Member

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Also, when I delivered, I was just about 290. They wouldn't give me an epidural because they said I was too big. Did you have one with your last baby?
That's just plain wrong. Now I will say this: it's a more technically difficult procedure to do with someone who is bigger, because in order to find the epidural space they have to do it by feel. Bony women whose spines stick out are much easier palpate to find that space, and there is less tissue to go through and displace before getting into that space. However, just because one anesthesiologist couldn't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

When I had an ovarian cyst removed in '90 I was over 250 pounds, and six months pregnant. It took the asshole doctor 90 minutes to get it in, with him cursing and sweating and muttering the whole time. I held SUPER still, just as he wanted me to, and it was a nightmare. Later, however, when I had my WLS I was probably 50 pounds heavier and it went in like a breeze. Since then I've had two epidurals placed with no problem. So... I think it's really all about the skill of the practitioner. And I can say as an OB nurse, there is a pretty wide range of skill levels among these folks. I'm just sayin'.

So if the person on duty can't get it done for you, tell them to find someone who can. You have the same right for pain control as any thin woman.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:34 AM   #20
bbw.arawa

bbw.arawa can now change their title
Default I will post some fat and pregnant pics...

in a couple of weeks at my MySpace. Being fat and 24 weeks along you can hardly see a difference. Let's see what the last weeks have to offer!
bbw.arawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #21
GoddessNoir
Milkmaid

I'm fat and ten weeks!

My mom, partner, assistant, staff and I notice a difference but no one else does yet.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #22
GoddessNoir
Milkmaid

I'm just seeing this but thanks Kathy, I've found that site very informative.

AND, congrats on the little one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandru View Post
Congrats on your decision to have kids. I can tell you from experience I am loving it! I had my first baby (my boy) 3 years ago at age 43. I weighed 307 then. Imagine now at 46, we are expecting our second child due in October! My jelly belly has now shifted to baby belly & I am waiting for him/her to move any time now. My son was a mini David Beckham who kicked day AND night!

If you want information on pregnancy for a plus/supersize woman, I HIGHLY recommend www.plus-size-pregnancy.org. K-Mom's website is essential for us and packed with information. I owe my healthy pregnancies to both God and her website. Good luck !

Kathy

Old 06-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #23
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
I'm fat and ten weeks!

My mom, partner, assistant, staff and I notice a difference but no one else does yet.
woohoo! You're a quarter of the way there! i hope that you're not suffering too much with those early pregnancy symptoms. (I'm 31 weeks and started morning sickness)
Old 06-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #24
GoddessNoir
Milkmaid

You started morning sickness now?!

Don't scare me as I've managed to skirt past that right of passage.

Wow girl, you only have a few weeks to go. How do you feel? How is your little one?

I've decided to switch my care completely to a wonderful midwife I've found. My gyn was still cool but for such a big thing in my life, I want much more personal attention. I like my doc but I feel as though I was being rushed in, rushed out, thrown on the table, didn't want to do that.

Here's a pic of my little one, in all her fuzzy glory:

Old 06-05-2008, 11:04 AM   #25
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

You dont need to come in here and say things like that. It's inappropriate when someone is seeking support for you to come in and spout off this sort of thing.