Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 04-15-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Exclamation FA Roll Call. Would you like to form a FA special interest group?

Tossing this out here. Are you a FA and would you be interested in starting some sort of FA discussion group here? Just floating the idea at this point, nothing specific yet. I'll definitely follow up soon and post more.

I'm curious about the numbers of FAs interested and your gender. Please post if you are interested!

Interested

fa_man_stan

male FA

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm a female fat admirer. Interested to a degree.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:02 AM   #3
Dr. P Marshall

Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

FFA here. I would be interested if it was for general male and female FA topics. I can also understand if the male FAs felt the need for a special interest group unique to them, though.
Dr. P Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:03 AM   #4
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P Marshall View Post
FFA here. I would be interested if it was for general male and female FA topics. I can also understand if the male FAs felt the need for a special interest group unique to them, though.
yeah, this is what I meant when I said "interested to a degree." It's just late and I couldn't make the words.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:08 AM   #5
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Forgive me for asking, but isn't that what we have here? Or is the idea that you'd have a place exclusive to those only claiming the title FA and those of us who only identify with the bbw/ssbbw title are out? Then the FA group could be divided further into subgroups of FA and FFA, the FFA group into average sized FFA and bbw sized FFA, and furthermore it would seem from the other thread that some of those in the FA group might also want a group for those 400+.. or is that simply a SSBHM board? Seems like we'd be asking Conrad and his volunteer crew of mods to potentially take on an awful lot, then I wonder why all the division in the first place or is this still bad feelings over the creation of the ssbbw board?

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:15 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Many years ago I did run a yahoo group along these lines (actually specifically aimed at FA who were in relationships), and while there was some interesting discussions it was very hard to keep momentum up, and it gradually faded away.

For better or worse, and possibly as much because of the tension it generates, having both sides of the coin in on discussions seems to keep things livelier.

Having said all that, if there was such a thing created, I'd participate. I'm just not sure (and I really mean not sure, lots of doubts both ways) whether or not it is actually a good idea in the long run Generally more linkages make for a stronger system, so I'm a bit wary of dividing things up into too many silos. But at the same time.....yah, I see the appeal.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:58 AM   #7
wrench13
Pirate music for sail

Location: In New York City, formerly the big Apple, now the Big Target
wrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going on

Good idea and I would participate. Men need a place to talk about things, LIKE MEN.
wrench13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:24 AM   #8
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

I agree with Laura. This board is a place for FAs to discuss FA related matters.

Nobody is stopping you from having guy talk. In fact i've often seen threads where a mod posted immediately that discussion on particular topic needed to stay aboveboard (i.e. don't tease this person, don't jump into a discussion with the intent of being rude, only contribute in a positive manner.)
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:32 AM   #9
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

If the women can have a private board - why not the men?
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #10
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm not a man but I'm in favor of the idea. Why must we see into everything in your head? A private forum.

*Just don't say anything bad about me please. I'm fragile.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #11
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can think of a few reasons that such a forum should exist but I don't feel comfortable saying them with all you women folk around ..

BothGunsBlazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #12
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BothGunsBlazing View Post
I can think of a few reasons that such a forum should exist but I don't feel comfortable saying them with all you women folk around ..

You posted a photo with spooge in a plastic bag grasped in your mouth. There can't be too many things on that list.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 04-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #13
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie_Zitkus View Post
If the women can have a private board - why not the men?
They can, at Conrad's discretion. It's not up to me or anyone else. I only question the need for/interest in it.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #14
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
They can, at Conrad's discretion. It's not up to me or anyone else. I only question the need for/interest in it.
I don't think its fair to ask them to dance around naked in front of us so we can all nod and say OK. Let them answer their own question. We should allow them the same courtesy we expect in return.

@~;~~
Old 04-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #15
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Yeah, but see .. I have always dreamed of a forum where I could make a thread such as "How do I hide my constant erection when I am at the Heavenly Bodies Bash" and not feel ashamed.

or maybe not so much that, but well, you know, guuuuyy sttuuuuffff *whines*

Last edited by BothGunsBlazing; 04-15-2008 at 09:54 AM.
BothGunsBlazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #16
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I also agree with Laura. Seems that the ' brother board ' to the SSBBW board ( private ), would be a SSBHM board ( private ). If a general FA board were to be private, does that mean we get a private BBW board ( all BBW, to talk about how it is to be a BBW in this world ). I am not saying I am clamoring for such a place, just don't know how we exclude a really big number of women out here, if talking about a need to have ' a place of ones own '. Oof.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #17
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm not saying I'm against the idea, but will a separate FA board mean that we women who want to learn more about the FA mentality will just be in the dark, from now on? I never knew FAs existed until I came here and it's been a great learning experience...

I never meet FAs in real life...reading these boards is all I have..
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #18
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think is a great idea as well!

"Health is not a body weight, it's a measure of fitness."
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #19
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post
I'm not saying I'm against the idea, but will a separate FA board mean that we women who want to learn more about the FA mentality will just be in the dark, from now on? I never knew FAs existed until I came here and it's been a great learning experience...

I doubt the creation of a private forum will prevent these fellas from raising cane in all the other threads like they usually do. 'specially if somebody posts a photo.

@~;~~
Old 04-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #20
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
I doubt the creation of a private forum will prevent these fellas from raising cane in all the other threads like they usually do. 'specially if somebody posts a photo.
Worried that it would become like a frat home?

Old 04-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #21
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtobicokeFA View Post
Worried that it would become like a frat home?
I would be shocked and maybe even somewhat disappointed in you if there weren't at least ONE element of that in there.

@~;~~
Old 04-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #22
LoveBHMS
default title

I doubt it would be like a frat house, i don't think Conrad would allow the moderators to accept any frat-house like behaviour. I'm fairly certain any gossip or talk about other posters would not be allowed.

Ed and Stan have already stated that attempts to start these groups have not worked. Not to say it won't work now, but clearly has not in the past.

I don't care if there is such a board, nor would i get annoyed at being an "excluded FA" for being female. I can understand the argument about guys needing a special place for guy talk. I just don't see the need for it on a message board.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #23
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
I would be shocked and maybe even somewhat disappointed in you if there weren't at least ONE element of that in there.
You know the male condition, very well!

Of course, knowing the male condition, I don't know if a FA forum can last very long, being a buttoned down affair.

Last edited by EtobicokeFA; 04-15-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #24
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post

LaLa--I think you can be confident that there where the BBW go, the FA will always show up too (barring unlisted addresses or locked doors). The thing that interests most FA the most strongly is BBW, so.....talking with other FA may be cool and all, but not as cool as mingling with BBW.

At least, that is my experience.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #25
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I support it, but that's just semantics. If there is enough common interest, webmaster approval, and someone to moderate the private board, it's not really up to me to stamp a seal of approval on the idea.

I do, however, subscribe to the "What's good enough for the goose" theory
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote