Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 10-10-2005, 11:07 AM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Amazing Pancakes!

Mannn....I just had the most amazing breakfast. (ok, so it was 1 PM - I have the day off!)

I had a craving for maple syrup and was going to make some of that really yummy steel-cut oatmeal (hearty, chewy stuff!) when my roomie suggested pancakes instead. hmmm! pancakes! I haven't made them in years!

Now she is the organic food type, whole grains, and all that. (not me, but I'm learning - some of that stuff is gooooooood!) And the only pancake mix in the house was "multi grain buttermilk pancake with milled flax seed & soy". I was skeptical. But I just needed a vehicle for my maple syrup (REAL maple syrup, in case you were wondering). So I figured, what the heck.

I mixed up a batch, threw in some frozen wild blueberries, and....WOW!!! They were amazing!! Delicious, chewy, crunchy goodness!

I ate way more than I should have, and I am sooo full but sooo happy. I highly recommend them! (see the link above.)

If you can't find 'em, come on over and I'll cook you up a batch! But wait till I'm not so full, please!

PS I wish I'd taken a pic of them. Next time!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:42 PM   #2
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Pancakes

Call me a tool of the Capitalist Overlords, but I like Hungry Jack pancakes by Pillsbury.
Gordo Mejor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:43 PM   #3
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo Mejor
Call me a tool of the Capitalist Overlords, but I like Hungry Jack pancakes by Pillsbury.
Ah, you doubt me! Well, I was once a skeptic myself. You've not tasted these yet.

Shall I fire up the griddle?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 10-15-2005, 10:16 PM   #4
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community

They Sound delicious, SVS! Do you prefer them over the original mix now?
Perfect time for Blueberries! You should freeze some...

Trader Joe's probably has some interesting pancake mixes... too!
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:32 PM   #5
autopaint-1
Manny Moe & Jack Fan Club

autopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Pancakes and my youth

Ahh pancakes, Years ago I remember being on a chocolate chip pancake kick. The perfect after school snack. Nothing healthy about them but topped with butter and Mrs Butterworths syrup, they sure were good
When the tides of life turn against you and the current upsets your boat, don't waste your tears on what might have been, just lay on your back and float - Edward L Norton, 328 Chauncey Street, Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York
autopaint-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:41 PM   #6
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Autopaint - I love your sig line!!!

I grew up in NJ back when Channel 121 in NY used to show a Honneymooners episode everynight at 11:30. And this was back before they found the lost episodes - they kep showing the original 39 episodes over and over.

Reminds me of another favorite:

"Pins and needles, needles and pins,
It's a happy man who grins."

Old 10-16-2005, 07:10 PM   #7
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWMoon
They Sound delicious, SVS! Do you prefer them over the original mix now?
Perfect time for Blueberries! You should freeze some...

Trader Joe's probably has some interesting pancake mixes... too!
Hmm prefer them?...no, I like them both. They are so different. I can even see using the multi grain mix to make savory pancakes to eat as a side dish with dinner. Mix in some scallions, maybe even some shredded cheese...

I love TJ's - and I did notice quite a few interesting pancake mixes when I was there yesterday.