Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-19-2008, 09:41 PM   #51
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
For the people who do not like cupcakes. You all are nuts! lol I know there are a lot of crappy cupcake shops out there. The cake tastes like crap and they over compensate by making the icing super sugary. However, there are some places that do it right. When you find one, it is a little piece of heaven.
Agreed. The cupcake is a terrific vehicle for combining everything people love about pastries. They can be extremely simple and home-spun to exotic and elegant, and are appealing to everyone from children to the elderly. They're also portable and come in handy single servings. I hate cupcakes made with shortening-based frosting, or cupcakes that are merely a vehicle for a giant mound of sugary frosting.

Ironic both cupcakes and Cincinnati chili were mentioned in this thread. I just recently moved here and baked a batch in honor of Cincy's own Skyline Chili. They were chocolate cupcakes with chipotle chili powder, allspice, and cinnamon topped with a cinnamon clove cream cheese frosting. Cincinnati style chili, by the way, is a creation of greek immigrants. Many greek meat dishes (my favorite is pastitsio) contain sweeter spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and many contain cocoa.

Also, for you cilantro haters, there's a reason behind your hatred. Apparently they have discovered that some people have an enzyme in their saliva that reacts with cilantro and gives it a terrible taste that ranges from soapy to rancid to "a mouth full of nickels". Next time anyone gives you grief about it, lclue them in.

As for my food trend issue, mine aren't really trendy, just more common flavors that shouldn't be. White chocolate-macadamia, and sun-dried tomato. Keep them awaaaaaaaaaay!
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #52
RevolOggerp

RevolOggerp has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxwing View Post
CHILI DOES NOT BELONG ON NACHOS. EVER.
I agree. I've been to a couple restaurants that have chili nachos. I thought it was a unique menu item and decided to try them. In all cases, it ruined the nachos.

I prefer ground beef.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Canned veggies without salt don't need to be pricier than the ones with salt. If you leave something out, why does it cost more?
I agree with you.

They always charge less for products that contain more.

For instance, my sister uses laundry detergent that contains nothing but soap (no fragrance, no softener, etc) due to allergy reasons. Yet, it costs more. If they don't add softener and fragrance, shouldn't it cost less?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Why must chefs add truffles to everything fancy?
Are you referring to those $300 a pound mushrooms or those chocolate candies?

If you're referring to those $300 a pound mushrooms, I agree. They would certainly save a lot of money if they used it a lot less and our menu items would be a lot cheaper.
RevolOggerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #53
RevolOggerp

RevolOggerp has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktilda View Post
One example that has been driving me crazy lately is POMEGRANATE. Has anyone else noticed that pomegranate flavor is freaking everywhere in the past year or so? Not only juice, but as an accent flavor in tea, as a color descriptor, flavoring/fragrance in makeup, etc etc.
I've noticed the same thing. At first, I didn't even know what it was. The first time I saw that word was when a local convenience store was selling those little snowman-shaped bottles that were expensive. Since I had a couple extra bucks to spend, I decided to try one. Blah! Tasted horrible. Months later, that word started popping up everywhere else in everything. I still didn't understand what the hell it was... until I saw a movie mention it and someone was eating the actual fruit. From what they described, it sounded good... but tasted awful to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
100 calorie snack packs piss me off.

anything that says low fat on it pisses me off because it's bound to have more sugar than the regualr version. Italian salad dressing especially. Bleech.

individually sliced and wrapped cheese is weird. Tastes like wax.
Yep... I'm the same. I prefer regular stuff, not diet stuff. Ever go on a low-carb diet and try to find something that low in carbs as dressing or condiments? Well, regular stuff is actually lower in carbs than the "light" and "diet" stuff. Even the light salad dressings have 2 to 3 times more carbs than the regular stuff.

That's why I don't care much anymore for diet stuff. If someone offered me soda and all they had was diet soda, I'd be fine with it... but by personal choice elsewhere, I prefer the regular stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I, too, dislike chocolate sprinkles and have done so ever since the mice moved into our house.
I don't like ANY sprinkles. I'm not very crazy over chocolate. I don't mind a small piece of dark chocolate candy or a chocolate cupcake if someone offered me one, but I won't say... "I want chocolate!" The only way I will accept chocolate is if it's added to vanilla ice cream or served as part of something with caramel or peanut butter. Gotta love those Reese's and Carmello candies!
RevolOggerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #54
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
HA! I hate it that she says that too. And when she says "Sammies" instead of sandwiches. You know she just irritates me. But you know who I love on the food network - Paula Dean. I watch her show with a mixture of disgust, fascination, and hunger.

Ha! That is the best description of Deen's show. Am also a little tired of the sammie talk..and..deelish..yummo..* silent scream *..oh..and...GB ( garbage bowl ). I tend to just snag a plastic bag from the grocery store and shove all my crap in as I am cooking...well, when I don't just leave it on the counter for a while, looking like a war zone.

Vitamin Water...oy.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #55
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Cinncinnati Chili is the bomb.
I also dislike Rachael Ray...EVOO extra virgin olive oil...I don't understand the point of using an acronym if you're always going to define it afterward. I've never heard her say just EVOO and I've watched A LOT of Rachael Ray in my 18 years. My Mom is an avid fan, UNFORTUNATELY!

I think the most annoying food trend is food, recipe books and appliances that have the name or picture of a famous chef on them. They just use it to trick people into thinking its going to make their food better or that its higher quality or something. One thing that really comes to mind is all of those sauces by Emril...they taste just like anything Kraft puts out and it's twice the price! Oh, and going back to Rachael Ray...the other day I saw an advertisement for a Rachael Ray garbage bowl and guess what, THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS! I can't believe anyone would be sucked into buying that. Rachael Ray puts a big, green, plastic bowl next to her while she cooks and suddenly green tupperware is all the rage. Ridiculous!
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:56 AM   #56
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katorade View Post
Agreed. The cupcake is a terrific vehicle for combining everything people love about pastries. They can be extremely simple and home-spun to exotic and elegant, and are appealing to everyone from children to the elderly. They're also portable and come in handy single servings. I hate cupcakes made with shortening-based frosting, or cupcakes that are merely a vehicle for a giant mound of sugary frosting.

Ironic both cupcakes and Cincinnati chili were mentioned in this thread. I just recently moved here and baked a batch in honor of Cincy's own Skyline Chili. They were chocolate cupcakes with chipotle chili powder, allspice, and cinnamon topped with a cinnamon clove cream cheese frosting. Cincinnati style chili, by the way, is a creation of greek immigrants. Many greek meat dishes (my favorite is pastitsio) contain sweeter spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and many contain cocoa.

Also, for you cilantro haters, there's a reason behind your hatred. Apparently they have discovered that some people have an enzyme in their saliva that reacts with cilantro and gives it a terrible taste that ranges from soapy to rancid to "a mouth full of nickels". Next time anyone gives you grief about it, lclue them in.

As for my food trend issue, mine aren't really trendy, just more common flavors that shouldn't be. White chocolate-macadamia, and sun-dried tomato. Keep them awaaaaaaaaaay!
Wow, great informative post, thanks!! That's very interesting about the cilantro thing! Also... pastitsio, omg... that takes me back to holidaying on Corfu on a tight budget and eating pastitsio nearly every day as it was so cheap yet tasty and filling, so we could afford to buy more alcohol each night - happy memories!

ps. your fairy cakes (cupcakes) look fantastic, I love the sound of the flavours in the frosting!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #57
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katorade View Post

:::gasp::: OMG, those cupcakes look soooooooo good. I'm salivating. I want one right now.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #58
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

I hate that I have to actually ask for ketchup to go along with my french fries now at the drive thru...

Sometimes I forget and I am not a happy camper when I get home.
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #59
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post
I hate that I have to actually ask for ketchup to go along with my french fries now at the drive thru...

Sometimes I forget and I am not a happy camper when I get home.
OH yeah me too, I hate not getting any ketchup, but they load you down with salt packets.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:32 PM   #60
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
Okay, I looked at Jersey Girl's profile and had to post a photo of the Artie Lange Cupcake:
This amazing cupcake has it all...vanilla sponge cake with chocolate buttercream filling and Crumbs signature vanilla frosting topped with a layer of chocolate fondant and then finished with chocolate and vanilla sprinkles around the edge. Like Artie's uncompromising personality, the cupcake is perfect for those who can't choose between chocolate and vanilla.

See bakeries put too much stuff on it and then it's horrible! really!
I tried to rep you for the Artie Lange cupcake, but I couldn't.

Yes, I loves me some Artie Lange and one day when I finally try that cupcake I'm sure I'll love that too!

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:34 PM   #61
Flyin Lilac
Jumped-up fahk.

Flyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going on

This isn't exactly a peeve, perhaps a mild annoyance, but definitely a trend these days: "whole grain"

It appears to be all the rage now to advertise that your product is made with whole grain, when 9 times out of 10 it only means someone may have walked past it with an eyedropper full of unprocessed wheat, rice, corn, barley or what-have-you. It's tired. It's just like the "low-fat" salad dressings and fat-free cookies that are usually worse for you than the original; just 'cause something may have whole grain in, around, or near it doesn't mean it isn't loaded with hydrogenated oil or 14 pounds of sugar. Enough already.

Reminds me of the old Maine adage: Just because your cat has kittens in the woodstove, it doesn't make them biscuits.

Oh I do have another annoying trend: White chocolate. What the hell is that sh*t about?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #62
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Lilac View Post
This isn't exactly a peeve, perhaps a mild annoyance, but definitely a trend these days: "whole grain"

It appears to be all the rage now to advertise that your product is made with whole grain, when 9 times out of 10 it only means someone may have walked past it with an eyedropper full of unprocessed wheat, rice, corn, barley or what-have-you. It's tired. It's just like the "low-fat" salad dressings and fat-free cookies that are usually worse for you than the original; just 'cause something may have whole grain in, around, or near it doesn't mean it isn't loaded with hydrogenated oil or 14 pounds of sugar. Enough already.

Reminds me of the old Maine adage: Just because your cat has kittens in the woodstove, it doesn't make them biscuits.

Oh I do have another annoying trend: White chocolate. What the hell is that sh*t about?
Every word of this post made me happy.

Since we've brought up the Food Network-- Sandra Lee needs to be shot. What, exactly, is she "cooking"? Oh, that's right. SHE ISN'T. Opening a can of chemicals and adding one fucking spinach leaf is not cooking.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #63
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's not really a trend since they've been doing it forever, but I hate the way food manufacturers try to fool consumers with the nutritional content labeling. For example, a cup of yogurt will list the calorie content as 100 cals. per serving, which sounds fine until you notice that they've divided the little container into 2.5 servings. It's understandable that larger volume items break down the number of servings, but for a cup of yogurt or a candy bar? Come on!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:25 PM   #64
LalaCity

Quote:

Since we've brought up the Food Network-- Sandra Lee needs to be shot. What, exactly, is she "cooking"? Oh, that's right. SHE ISN'T. Opening a can of chemicals and adding one fucking spinach leaf is not cooking.
Oh God -- Sandra Lee's show is an absolute travesty. Food Network should be embarrassed for airing such trash.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #65
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

GAH!!!

that woman and the way she pronounces L's in words makes me fucking insane.

"today we are making LLLLLLLLemon LLLLLLLLLime LLLLLadyfingers! i can't wait for you to try it, because it's deLLLLLLLLLicious!"

it should not take you 14 seconds to say a syllable with an L in it!

/rant.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #66
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post
It's not really a trend since they've been doing it forever, but I hate the way food manufacturers try to fool consumers with the nutritional content labeling. For example, a cup of yogurt will list the calorie content as 100 cals. per serving, which sounds fine until you notice that they've divided the little container into 2.5 servings. It's understandable that larger volume items break down the number of servings, but for a cup of yogurt or a candy bar? Come on!
You know what's even funnier is when they do it on bottled water. Which has nothing in it. No calories, no fat, no vitamins. And it's like "Servings per container: 2"
Old 04-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #67
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
GAH!!!

"today we are making LLLLLLLLemon LLLLLLLLLime LLLLLadyfingers! i can't wait for you to try it, because it's deLLLLLLLLLicious!"

/rant.

YES YES YES! It makes me cringe.

Also, the word is NOT "fintastic", you horrible horrible woman.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #68
love dubh
douchebag reform school

love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

COCKTAILS.

At every meal? Really? Someone's a rich socialite cooking for other rich socialites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stewart
Yes, in the Brownback family we teach that boys have a god stick and girls have a shame cave.
Manny: yeah but i could be patient zero to a rabies epidemic
Manny: rabies is as close to zombification as we can get
love dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #69
Amatrix
Winkyface

Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Okay so this was more a few yrs ago and has calmed down a bit but DOES still apply... STOP PUTTING CORIANDER LEAVES (CILANTRO) ON EVERYTHING!!! It has a very strong soapy flavour and overwhelms most food, I hate it!
when i saw this thread i was like... cliantro... ew... must complain.

thank you for doing it and doing it with style!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:05 AM   #70
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't think Paula Deen is much better than Sandra Lee. She's always uses packaged items as of late as does Rachael Ray (higher end version of SL). I don't watch food network for faux cooks. I watch it for real chefs and meals I'll never make.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:48 AM   #71
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
GAH!!!

/rant.

I have much love for soupy right now.
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:37 AM   #72
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love giant cupcakes and I love cinnamon rolls with too much frosting.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #73
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hey, how come the cupcake phenomenon hasn't made it to Alaska? I'm bummed! Someone send it up here, willya? The only place I've seen them for grown ups is at Starbucks and the two I've had were naaaasty.

Good to know about the whole cilantro thing. I've always HATED it. It tastes like ass, absolutely. Ugh. And they put it on everything, it seems. WTF?

I, too, am tired of wraps. It was fun for about five minutes, but give it a rest. I'd much rather have a sandwich with some really yummy bread. Whole grain, preferably. The real stuff.

Oh, and what the heck is EVOO?
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #74
Amatrix
Winkyface

Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
i know we ranted about sandra lee's inability to actually cook...
and she always has a cocktail...

but what about her "tablescapes"???

THOSE BUG THE CRAP OUTA ME.

i mean really... its a cooking show right? no need to tell me about where to find low priced fabric, or how you got cute mini coasters at the dollar store.

she continually upsets me with this. when i cook... the food is the main appeal. not some fake plastic flowers in a damned rain boot. or frigging umbrellas in 5 different colors she insists everyone has in their darned closets.

shes way to excited about pink by the way too. all pink tones. i cant help but want pepto after i glance at her show.

oh yes... and i am sick of energy this and that.
even snickers has a new CHARGED bar. with extra caffeine and ginseng

leave the chocolate alone please.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:50 AM   #75
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatrix View Post
*snip*oh yes... and i am sick of energy this and that.
even snickers has a new CHARGED bar. with extra caffeine and ginseng

leave the chocolate alone please.
AMEN, SISTAH FRIEND!!!