Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default "Healthy" foods vs. "Junk" foods

No, I don't mean carrot sticks vs. cupcakes!

When I was posting about the multi grain pancakes I made today, it got me thinking.

Since my roommate moved in 2 years ago, I have been exposed to healthier foods. I used to think nothing of buying frozen prepared meals, drinking soda, and buying things without even glancing at the ingredient labels. (Don't worry, I still buy that stuff, but at least I do so with complete awareness. lol)

She tends to buy organic produce and organic grocery items. She avoids high fructose corn syrup. Because we shop in stores with a large selection of these items, I find myself trying new things. I actually do try to avoid high fructose corn syrup when I can.

Soda is a dilemma - do I want a can of chemicals? (diet soda) or a can of high fructose corn syrup and chemicals (regular soda). Usually I just put it out of my head, and drink what I want - but I am drinking less soda than I used to.

Any other foodees out there who are paying attention to this stuff?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hi Randi!

I am with you on that. I love my body no matter the size and personally I think it is just plain right to give it the best and healthiest foods I can. We tend to buy organic, and I make a lot of fresh foods....as opposed to canned and prepared foods. We love fresh veggies and salads and eat a lot of them. Truthfully Guy and I love to cook, and I have a lot of great cook books, so it is fun to experiment with new recipes. I don't skimp...I use real butter (none of that trans fat crap for me, and I dislike most margarines) and real cream if the recipes call for it. We both drink a little soda, (but are completely off caffiene), and we also make herbal sun teas a lot. So...yes we love food, but definitely lean toward the healthier side of things.

Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I definitely pay more attention to what I eat now than I ever have in the past. I have been trying to eat more frutis and vegetables and whole grains, and overall it has been a really please experience. My family has always eat a lot of "bad food" white bread, bologna, 25 cent mac and cheese, cokes, lil debbies.. so it has been an adventure learning to actually care what goes in and how to make it quality stuff. I have found some new loves as well, like eggplant, I never knew I liked it .
Old 10-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
Redhotphatgirl
Summer time summer time

Redhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
I definitely pay more attention to what I eat now than I ever have in the past. I have been trying to eat more frutis and vegetables and whole grains, and overall it has been a really please experience. My family has always eat a lot of "bad food" white bread, bologna, 25 cent mac and cheese, cokes, lil debbies.. so it has been an adventure learning to actually care what goes in and how to make it quality stuff. I have found some new loves as well, like eggplant, I never knew I liked it .
you mean like tater sammiches....heheheh
Redhotphatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #5
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
... Any other foodees out there who are paying attention to this stuff?
Yep, even though I try to eat modest portions, I'm probably singlehandedly paying the salaries of at least a dozen Whole Foods hot bar workers. This fall/winter, I plan to experiment much more with fresh produce and exotic spices in spite of being a relatively lazy cook and having a microscopic 1920s kitchen. Good topic, SVS.
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:45 PM   #6
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Very much so.

In recent years, both my husband and I have made the budget compromise to eat less food overall so that we can afford better food. And we honestly do not feel as if we are missing out. We tend to be more easily satisfied and more satisfied in general with healthier food choices.

I would love to go all organic and natural, but right now that's a little bit outside of our budget constraints. So, we read labels carefully and spend wisely and buy the best food we can afford. I try to go all organic with produce, meat, and dairy, and slack a little on pantry goods as long as the ingredient list checks out.

It's to the point now where I can taste the chemicals in highly processed food, and I don't like the texture much, and my body just doesn't like it either. My stomach goes crazy if I eat too much of it. I was staying with inlaws during the evacuation for hurricane Rita, and wound up eating exclusively overprocessed convenience food for four days and it took a week for my stomach to calm down and get back to normal after we got back home and onto our normal meal routine again.

Oh yeah, and there is a reason why we call Whole Foods "Whole Paycheck"... But if we stick to bulk pantry goods, and basic cuts of meat and other necessities and avoid the deli, bakery, and other service-sections we can get by fairly reasonably.

Tracy
Tracyarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:14 AM   #7
Korota

Korota can now change their title

I practically never eat anything relatively healthy. Any kind of food that doesn't go straight into the microwave resists every attempt I make to actually cook it, which is bad because the most trivial things make me feel like breaking something. Just now I was going to try and make something to eat instead of ramen. Half an hour later, all I have to show for trying to hacksaw two frozen pieces of meat apart with six different knives is a microwave pot full of chicken-flavored noodles and the urge to throw something through a window. So apparently most people don't eat right because healthy foods have the strength to fight back.
Korota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:34 AM   #8
zonker

Location: The land that I come from is called the Midwest....
zonker can now change their title

Agreed. If you want to be fat or get fat, there are healthy ways to do it, and there are unhealthy ways to do it. I think a lot of the stink the medical profession raises about obesity actually has to do with what people eat. Otherwise the "obese diseases" (diabetes, heart disease, cancer) would not also occur in thin people. I don't think it's as much a matter of how much we eat (or how fat we are); it's more a matter of what we eat. And keeping it natural as possible is the way to go.

Regarding soft drinks, I usually don't (although once I start, I will drink soft drinks for a few weeks before once again quitting). Give me water and coffeee (black) anytime over soft drinks. And diet drinks contain a fairly deadly brew of chemicals. Give me sugar and corn fructose over that stuff anyday!!
zonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:34 AM   #9
altered states
señor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I eat out a lot, and you never know what they're really using back there in the kitchen. But in general I try to stay away from processed stuff of any kind. I stick to restaurants that use organic stuff (or so they claim), and order carefully. Then again, as half a professional DINK couple, it's a luxury I can afford, as well as trips to Whole Foods, Union Square Farmer's Market, etc. Honestly though, if my income was cut severely I really think good, quality food would be the last thing to go. I'd sell my house first - seriously! I'm no saint, though - I eat nasty stuff in the form of pizza, hot dogs (a weakness), burgers, and packaged ice cream and cookies. However I've pretty much eliminated soda and fast food from my diet and I never eat packaged stuff, except the occaisional sweet thing.

I hate to preach on a board like this, but I really do feel that the majority of "packaged" food here in America is downright deadly. Over the past 25 years our regulatory system in America has been gutted (by both parties - I'm not being political here!) and it's literally legal to sell poison in the form of HFCS, trans fats, etc - just as tobacco companies (often part of larger food companies themselves) are allowed to sell you cigarettes even though those will kill you as well. I can't believe as an FA I'm saying this, but just say no to junk. I want all the fat ladies here to live long lives so I can appreciate them longer!
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #10
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've always preferred healthy foods: lotsa fruits, veggies, grains, lean meat etc. One stereotype that bugs me is that we fat people sit around all day eating Twinkies, Ho-Hos and Ding-Dongs, but they taste like wax to me. Every day I try my best to eat hearty, well-balanced meals. There are healthy ways to be fat, and eating wisely is one of them (even if I am a chocoholic).
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #11
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos
I eat out a lot, and you never know what they're really using back there in the kitchen. But in general I try to stay away from processed stuff of any kind....I eat nasty stuff in the form of pizza, hot dogs (a weakness), burgers, and packaged ice cream and cookies. However I've pretty much eliminated soda and fast food from my diet and I never eat packaged stuff, except the occaisional sweet thing.
This is pretty much my line as well. We eat out too much, but it is just the 2 of us, we work odd hours because of being in the IT world, and it is just more convenient to stop go for a bite to eat and get back to work. We eat at the local Co-Op, a little middle eastern place run by a sweet family and other places where we know them and they know us. We have started cooking more, and that has been fun learning new recipes and starting to use quality ingredients like spices and locally produced goods. We even found a local butcher.

I almost never drink soda or anything but water for that matter, but that is just more me watching my sugar than anything. I love ice cream, and we do have a maker, but honestly, I would just rather buy it and have it. . I do a check on everything that goes in our cart though because I want to know if it has trans-fats and hidden ickies in it.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #12
Transplanted.Magnolia

Transplanted.Magnolia has said some nice things

My boyfriend and I used to live with another couple in a really huge older house in the city, but it had the tiniest kitchen, so cooking was a cramped not so fun experience. Being in town it was just easy and convenient to eat out. However, now that we have moved out to the country, I've had to start cooking more, and I'm finding it lots of fun to plan out our meals. Incorporating fresh fruits and vegetables and tailoring the flavors of the dishes I prepare to our own tastes is very satisfying, and we feel so much better. I feel like the food we eat now has increased our energy levels, and it feels good to know I'm serving good food to the one I love. Plus, it's nice knowing what is going into the food we're eating, because you don't always know when you eat out. We still eat a lot.....we just eat better.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #13
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Absolutely!

I cook most nights at home, and use far less prepared foods than I did in the past. I've gone back to the basics... including using butter, and never margarine. I avoid transfats when I can, etc.

I would much rather go for a real sugar than some synthetic nonsense. I also choose baked items when they are just as good as their fried counterparts. Does this mean you won't catch me with a Twinkie? No way!! I love bad treats, but I feel less guilty for the occasional unhealthy indulgence when I know that I'm making better choices the majority of the time.

As others have said, it has nothing to do with weight or losing it, it's just about picking things that are more natural at their base, and avoiding processed/high sodium/full of additives junk when I have the choice.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #14
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I do check labels for hidden trans fats. You never know where it is, I found it in taco seasoning. Don't get me wrong, I love goodies but I rather buy something at the local bakery where I'm pretty secure in their product. I try to drink water but can inhale too much diet soda at times. Everything in moderation.

I wish I could budget more for organic produce and meat but I just can't at this time in my life. Whole Foods is too expensive and I can't get to Fairway all the time.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:13 PM   #15
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ahhhh... fahgettaboutit... I'm gonna eat what I wanna eat. If I eat fresh, I eat fresh. If I eat preprocessed microwavable garbage, I eat preprocessed microwavable garbage. I just stay away from stuff that makes me immediately sick.

There is no way to eat totally healthily in sufficient quantity to avoid malnutrition on my current income. I eat fruits and vegetables and enough fiber to keep me regular. That's about all I can ask in the world, and I'm grateful for it.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:36 PM   #16
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Talking Truth be told....

I definitely eat as healthy as possible...even though it might not sound like it at times. Last year, I had a serious staph infection and secondary heart problems as a result...my blood pressure and sugar and all that were perky as usual, despite my 300 pounds, but I had to pretty much give up salt almost entirely to reduce strain on my heart...and you know what...I actually began enjoying the real flavor of foods...no more chips or crackers or even cottage cheese (incredibly high in salt) and a lot of other foods are way out of whack on sodium. So I eat things with non-salt seasonings and a dash of pepper and I am actually enjoying food much more as a result...go figure. So, along with fluid restriction, I am in full control of any symptoms and medication handles it just fine. I walk miles every day and enjoy the stress reduction...so, it is perkier than a pup! I do love my salads and veggies....but I do have that weakness for Little Debbie....I checked the salt and most of them are OK...but the calories are a touch to the high side! LOL Well, I do regular check-ups and things are good to go...so my one weakness is going to stay!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:56 PM   #17
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

I also eat very healthy, about 95% of the time. My main diet consists mostly of vegetables. I shoot for a pound of raw and pound of cooked a day. The raw is easy because I eat huge salads and put fresh spinach in all my smoothies (I promise you can't taste it!). The cooked is a little bit harder to do and I rarely meet my goal. I eat at least 4 fruits a day, usually in a smoothie. One to two cups of whole grains (usually oatmeal or brown rice). At least one cup of beans. One cup of soy (usually milk). And a couple ounces of nuts, seeds, or avocado for added fat. I sometimes use a little olive oil but never add salt to anything. I'm definitely a compulsive overeater and I have found by eating this way I can stay full all day, stuffed even, on very few calories. I'm lucky that I love all these foods. The nutrition level I'm getting is through the roof! The challenge is preparing things in different ways to keep from getting bored. If I do get bored I take a day off to splurge.

When I need a change of pace I eat meat, ice cream, crackers, cheese, candy or whatever I want. I'll take a day or two off from healthy eating to eat this way but I find I want to less and less these days. Eating highly processed, simple carbs makes me feel awful.

I started eating this way 6 months ago and it has changed my life. I've never felt better. I'm never hungry and I'm losing weight.

Eating healthy, whole foods rule.
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:01 PM   #18
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obesus
...I actually began enjoying the real flavor of foods...
You could be on to something. The author of a book called In the Buddha’s Kitchen describes many practitioners’ aversion to adding spices and sauces to foods, saying that the extra ingredients obscure fresh vegetables’ pure "Buddha nature." Of course, I say that Buddha nature always tastes slightly better when topped with Hollandaise….
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:34 PM   #19
wtchmel

wtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I would say I'm balanced on the healthy to not healthy foods. i do all my grocery shopping at Trader joes, and would just love nothing more then to have a Whole Foods store at my disposal. I always say I 'counter act' the crap food that i eat while i'm out, by eating healthy at home! I will have fast food, and the hubs and I both are restaurant managers. But when we're home, we eat organic and healthy. So,like I said, we're balanced in our eating habits,
Old 10-18-2005, 11:36 AM   #20
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
Soda is a dilemma - do I want a can of chemicals? (diet soda) or a can of high fructose corn syrup and chemicals (regular soda). Usually I just put it out of my head, and drink what I want - but I am drinking less soda than I used to.

Any other foodees out there who are paying attention to this stuff?
Just say no to soda. I'm not completely soda-free, but I'm trying! I gave up the complete chemical diet Coke a year or so ago. I've had probably only 5 or so in the last year. I used to drink at least 5 a day!
One thing I've noticed is that I have less cravings for sweets after leaving it behind. All in all, a good thing.

I read an article recently about General Mills trying to "healthify" their basics brand offierings. For instance, you can get their Yoplait yogurt with cholesterol reducing ingredients: http://www.yoplait.com/products_HealthyHeart.aspx
All of their cereals are now whole grain too.
This is probably just the beginning of the trend toward healthier options by the major corporations.

That being said, if you really want to eat healthier, one really should eat "closer to the earth". No, don't put your plate on the ground! Things should be less processed or treated. Start with veggies/fruit/grain. They're closest. Once another animal eats it, it's a step away from the earth to eat chicken or dairy, for instance.
Eh, it's all good in theory, but once in a while, you want a chocolate pumpkin...which is probably 10 steps away from its roots in the earth.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:08 PM   #21
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
Just say no to soda. I'm not completely soda-free, but I'm trying! I gave up the complete chemical diet Coke a year or so ago. I've had probably only 5 or so in the last year. I used to drink at least 5 a day!
One thing I've noticed is that I have less cravings for sweets after leaving it behind. All in all, a good thing.

Sorry, but you'll pry the diet Coke out of my cold, dead hands.
moonvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:26 PM   #22
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonvine
Sorry, but you'll pry the diet Coke out of my cold, dead hands.
Heh, I can understand, we all have the stuff we love....but soda really is evil stuff--at least to me. Makes me feel horrible on the rare occasions that I do have it.

We've gotten pretty into avoiding the processed stuff. We buy very little prepared meals these days, but we can manage this because my wife is a stay at home mom currently and is an awesome cook. So I get to enjoy home made cookies, muffins, pasta sauce, lasagna, mac & cheese, and all sorts of other things that in this day and age most people heat in the microwave because of limited time. I'm very fortunate that way!

-Ed
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:41 PM   #23
BBWDREAMLOVER
The belly rules the mind.

BBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticed

I definately try to eat healthier, I stopped drinking soda all together now it's just coffee, milk & water and occasionally juice but I buy the juice they give children { not sure it's any better }. I recently changed from whole milk to 2% ..........I LOVE food but gosh nowaday that add some much junk. I long for the days when I lived with my dad & grandparents.........my grandmother made everything homemade and went out and gathered her own vegetables & stuff and freezed them. She bought very few items from the grocery store & the food was so much better for me & taste wise.
BBWDREAMLOVER is offline   Reply With Quote