Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 04-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
voidhead

voidhead can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesvoidhead can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default "M.W.A.T" Music Video featuring my BBW gf

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cWsP-gy8uf4

This is the official music video for the single "M.W.A.T" from the forthcoming album 'You Don't Have the Right Not to be Offended' by my band, The Nursing Home Band.

I feel it is relavent to this forum because it features my girlfriend who is a BBW. She is dancing in some of the scenes with a very skinny girl (our new keyboardist), wearing a burka and very risque clothing.

Some of you may find the performance sexy. Others will no doubt be offended by the content and artistic context of the video. I'd like to hear comments either way.
voidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Umm...I don't really know what to say. I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech & what not, but I find the lyrics and the using of burkas & other islamic things pretty offensive. I have a feeling you want to shock, but personally I find it rather distasteful. I do, however, like the BBW & skinny girl dancing concept and I think they look good together....minus the burkas.

Just my opinion, like. To each their own.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

From Wikipedia: "A burqa (also transliterated burkha, burka or burqua) (Persian: برقع) is an enveloping outer garment worn by women in some Islamic traditions for the purpose of cloaking the entire body. It is worn over the usual daily clothing (often a long dress or a shalwar kameez) and removed when the woman returns to the sanctuary of the household (see purdah)." These are the big, head to ground, tent-ish garments you see some muslim women wearing. The ladies in the video are definately not wearing those!

What is being worn in the video is closer to a hijab, the head and sometimes face scarf. And for the women, not all that much else. So props to your girlfriend for being willing to do that (and to your key board player too)--took some guts on both their parts to do that, I'd think.

As for the dancing, eh, it seemed to be one small element meant to shock in a video full of more in your face elements meant to shock. It is possible that the words were also meant to shock, but I could not make them out.

Then again, I'm forty so I'll just quote the song "I'm an Adult Now" by The Pursuit of Happiness

"Speaking of hearing, I can't take too much loud music
I mean I like to play it, but I sure don't like the racket
Noise, but I can't hear anything
Just guitars screaming, screaming, screaming
Some guy screaming in a leather jacket"

I hope it connects with your target market man. It didn't do much for me, but I suspect that it wasn't supposed to.

Last edited by Tad; 04-23-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
braindeadhead

braindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidhead View Post
I feel it is relavent to this forum because it features my girlfriend who is a BBW. She is dancing in some of the scenes with a very skinny girl (our new keyboardist), wearing a burka and very risque clothing.
That must have been a suprise to your old keyboardist

The rest.... ehhh...not my cup of tea.

It does reminded me of the misdirected seething anger of my youth... oh seething anger where have you gone?
braindeadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah I think it is a hijab they're wearing.

You can read the lyrics if you expand the description thingy on the right.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Old 04-23-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

I don't find the video sexy or offensive - so I doubt you'll be terribly interested in my comments - but the music's not bad and you've got a pretty girlfriend. I don't think her part in the video was particularly positive in any way I could discern. It seemed [to me] like another epithet in a veritable stream of visual profanity.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Whether or not I like the video, she has a lovely butt.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:50 PM   #8
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This sounds and looks like something that would be played at a White Pride rally.

For the record, not offended. Just amused that hate becomes so cute when it's set to a catchy tune.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
This sounds and looks like something that would be played at a White Pride rally.

For the record, not offended. Just amused that hate becomes so cute when it's set to a catchy tune.
I thought that, too! Was it the hood? Not the plastic babies, surely.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:25 PM   #10
wi-steve

wi-steve can now change their title
Default hmm

Sounds like Nine Inch Nails to me.

And yes the fat girl is sexy (despite the video).

Steve
wi-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:02 AM   #11
msmorga1

msmorga1 has said some nice things
Default I like your song addiction

although the girl in MWAT had a nice body on her, the song addiction actually shows some potential (as much potential as shock metal can show).
msmorga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:19 AM   #12
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

Congratulations you're racist! Now please digitally remove the fattie from your video so we can get a move on to the Grand Wizard's dinner party. You did bring the Swastika pasta salad right?

Art: an excuse for anything.
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:27 AM   #13
love dubh
douchebag reform school

love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You might want to direct yourself to www dot stormfront dot org. They'll love the video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stewart
Yes, in the Brownback family we teach that boys have a god stick and girls have a shame cave.
Manny: yeah but i could be patient zero to a rabies epidemic
Manny: rabies is as close to zombification as we can get
love dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:42 AM   #14
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

Maire, don't you think he already knows that?
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:51 AM   #15
love dubh
douchebag reform school

love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
Maire, don't you think he already knows that?
Oh silly me! Ever since I fought Nazis in Morristown I've just assumed all White Prides were just as unintelligent! /godwinned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stewart
Yes, in the Brownback family we teach that boys have a god stick and girls have a shame cave.
Manny: yeah but i could be patient zero to a rabies epidemic
Manny: rabies is as close to zombification as we can get
love dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:23 AM   #16
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'll give it a 75. It's got a nice beat, easy to dance to.

And 319 views when I looked! That means its gone "viral" (only in the sense that no one wants to intentionally pass it on to anyone they like )
Old 04-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #17
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Quote:
Congratulations you're racist! Now please digitally remove the fattie from your video so we can get a move on to the Grand Wizard's dinner party. You did bring the Swastika pasta salad right?

How the hell was that racist? There are enough things to be offended at in the OP's art project that you don't have to make baseless accusations. There's enough racism in the world that you don't have to go inventing it when you want something to pretend to be outraged about.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #18
Gingembre
radar detector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totmacher View Post
How the hell was that racist? There are enough things to be offended at in the OP's art project that you don't have to make baseless accusations. There's enough racism in the world that you don't have to go inventing it when you want something to pretend to be outraged about.
To be fair, if you read the lyrics & combine that with the whole non-muslims wearing hijabs, it is pretty racist. Or, at least, can be taken that way.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #19
Totmacher

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
To be fair, if you read the lyrics, it is pretty racist. Or, at least, could be taken that way.
You know, I read and re-read the lyrics while I was writing that post. I also looked at them a few times while trying to think of what to say in this one. Islam, like Judaism, is not a race. The only way I can think of where the song could be considered racist would be if one were to assume it was. This whole situation reminds me of high school english were we had to interpret a poem to pass a state sponsored test. The poem had about four lines of text and a few dozen syllables total, but there were volumes that could be derived from the context and word choice - with a little priming, in my case. Perhaps this is a similar situation. Is there a hidden message about white supremecy in there somewhere?
Old 04-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #20
Lastminute.Tom
Write on!

Lastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticedLastminute.Tom never has a post go unnoticed

heh at first I thought he was saying "my mother was a terrorist" I think that would have been a funnier title although I don't think they were going for that kinda humour, sigh, if only there was a song out there to offend all levels of society so that nobody would feel left out and maybe learn that a bit of self depricating humour never harmed anyone, although all generalisations are false
Old 04-24-2008, 06:10 PM   #21
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totmacher View Post
You don't have to apply the word racist, but the deliberately careless and mocking use of both the headgear and the feigned bowing in prayer is just sensationalist and cheap.
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:00 AM   #22
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
so I'll just quote the song "I'm an Adult Now" by The Pursuit of Happiness
Heh heh heh, I got a chuckle out of your quote, it's like playing "Spot the Canadian!" Maybe I'll start a Moe Berg thread on the Canada board...

Brenda
fatgirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:55 AM   #23
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirl33 View Post
Heh heh heh, I got a chuckle out of your quote, it's like playing "Spot the Canadian!" Maybe I'll start a Moe Berg thread on the Canada board...

Brenda
Was TPOH another of those bands that made it big in Canada but didn't break out in the US? For some reason I thought they'd managed to cross the border, but maybe not. Too bad, there was a lot of good life-observations in their songs.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #24
Suze
Too Vanilla For You

Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

thanks for raping my ear canals
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #25
Seth Warren
May she always be True

Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

It won't let me rep you.

But, swastika pasta salad can only be served with white bread and white wine, right? I'm a bit rusty on my prejudice party etiquette...
Seth Warren is offline   Reply With Quote