Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 04-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
FaxMachine1234
you know it

FaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default "Filling up space"

[this post will probably make me sound stupid, but eh... ^_^]

Over the past two years as I've put on 60+ pounds, I've become very sensitive to noticing how I fit into things, just generally taking up space, as in the title. Up until about 200 nothing was really any different, but now that I'm hitting around 220, I've noted it starting to become harder to insert myself in the connected desk/chairs we have here on campus without some fancy maneuvering, and even then it's becoming a tighter fit. And while I'm not nearly big enough to have trouble fitting into theater seats and the like, I'm a lot more conscious now of how much space I have left before I reach that point. I was of course fully aware this kind of thing went hand-in-hand with gaining (obviously), but it's still a weird thing to start experiencing. Have other people here who've gained had similarly rough transitions or just enjoy the side-effect in and of itself and don't have that kind of concern?
FaxMachine1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
GordoNegro

Location: Not Coney Island but the same side of the Brooklyn Bridge
GordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I've noticed people saying excuse me alot more often to avoid brushing me when passing by. I even remember months ago at a diner with the swivel chairs as I had to take me time to move in and out from them.
Though I must also add, it was different hearing the craks etc. from some of the cafeteria furniture when sitting down or feeling the see-saw effect when sitting down across from someone who weighs less.
Guess everything is coming into its own as it does not mortify or humilate me as I thought it would have.
GordoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote