Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 04-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #251
loggamatt

loggamatt does more than just post hot picsloggamatt does more than just post hot picsloggamatt does more than just post hot pics

wow... this thread really is instructive!

So, this SSBBW I should be planning ahead for... is she pear-shaped or apple-shaped? Because I'm thinking that if she's pear-shaped a taller car would be better, you know, as a generous behind can boost a girl in the seat. But on the other hand, if she's an apple, perhaps more space between the seat and the dashboard should be my priority?

This really is complicated... now I'm thinking, for my new furniture, how tall is my future SSBBW to be? Because, I want to get some chairs tall enough that she finds it easier to stand up, but if I get chairs too tall she might find it harder to clamber onto them.

Oh, by the way, does she have any allergies? Perhaps I should just stay away from pet ownership entirely for now...

And what if we want kids in the future? Should I build a nursery now, or do I wait for the pregnancy first?

Blimey... I really never knew that 'real' FAs have to plan so far ahead...
loggamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #252
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Okay, back on topic.... I thought of something else.

I need to put my foot on something in the shower, usually the tub edge, but if I were at a boyfriends and he didn't have a tub edge or had a stall shower, I'd need something to put my foot on.

No, he needn't remodel a bathroom... but something as simple as a step stool or something near by that I could easily move within reach to put my foot on... super helpful.

Yeah, a handheld shower head would be great for some (I can use them or not, makes no difference) but if I can't get my foot up on something, I can't do the complete job I want to do in there.

Just another little something to think about.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #253
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hm, so, I am TOTALLY keeping this lift chair. I mean, my grandmother got it before she went to the nursing home and only used it a few times.

It can lift up to like 600lbs. I am totally keeping you chair.

Of course now I use it to hold my laundry and .. rugs, apparently!, but think .. one of you lucky ladies .. could replace .. the laundry? You know you wanna !

BothGunsBlazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #254
MissStacie
Mrs. Gnoom

MissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging inMissStacie makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Amen, amen AMEN!!!

AM, you just explained how I fly in detail! Always get there early so that you have plenty of time, and while I usually travel alone, this is GREAT for us SSBBW's when we have a partner.

Oh..and an addendum to this: ASK FOR A SKYCAP IF POSSIBLE!! I know I don't want to drag my fat ass across/down/through a big f'ing airport,. so if one of those little carts is available, then call for one!

I usually tip the driver a $5 and they are happy to see it!

Hugs,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I'd like to expand on the airport thing, which Keith learned about first hand earlier this year.

Anything that raises my anxiety level lessens* my ability to handle stress - at all. Airports are an extremely anxious thing for me, even though I consider myself a very well-versed in handling the issues that could come up. I'm a pro-fattie and I know my way around, what to ask for, how to prepare, etc.

However, the airport is FULL of trouble lurking around every corner, so please be prepared that:

I want to get there early - really early, annoyingly early because the amount of walking or unexpected obstacles is something that neither you nor I can account for. If it means I have to sit for an hour or more at the gate, then that's how it has to be for me.

The anxiety once I'm in the airport, but before I'm sitting waiting at the gate, is the height of it. I'm worried about the lines and how long I'll be standing, I'm worried about the minutes that are ticking away stealing precious leisurely walking minutes from me. I'm worried about how far the gate is - "right there" isn't "right there" for me all the time, sometimes it's "all the fuck the way down there"... prepare for sighing.

I may or may not need to rest... if I'm trucking along, try to just go with it. I will either just keep moving to get where I'm going so I can alleviate the anxiety, or if I drop in a seat somewhere, know that I did it because I have to... I'll only be there a minute or two, but it's necessary.

If you have to go to the bathroom, or smoke, or browse the bookstore, I would be more at ease and less anxious if that was done when there is no time crunch, once we're at the gate. The gate is where all my focus is. Once I'm there I can breathe again - the walking is over, and I'm going to destress. Everything that gets in my way and takes minutes between the front door and the gate.... all of that is something that raises my stress and makes me worried.

You might be able to make up time, but I can't... it's just not possible for me to run through the airport. I've put hours of time and thought and worry into how I'm going to get my body to that gate - PLEASE just let me do it.

Layovers are our WORST nightmare. Please just follow our lead and go, go, go... get to the next gate. You can do whatever you want when we get there - just be there when it's time to board.

Boarding.... I will pre-board. I'd like you to pre-board with me so that I'm not the only freak, and I clearly have a nice guy with me. We will get on, I will ask for my extender, and we'll go to get settled. I will get the window. Not because I'm a greedy girl, but because the indent at the window allows more room for my fat arms so the aisle people and carts are not smashing into me through the whole trip.

I need a minute to get situated, to get in the seat, get the seatbelt out from under my ass and get in there. I want this all done before other people are on board, so I'm settled. I'm going to be moving quick to get to "normal" stage. Please just go with the flow as far as requests to "grab this" "can you hand me..." , etc.

Disembarking - This is a tricky thing, but if you do it right for us, we'll love you forever. I can't stand up in my seat like everyone else does when they're ready to get off. I also can't get up and wait in the aisle... it's too long to stand probably, given how long it can take to get off. This is what I'd love (and love you, honey, for doing it ) - please get up when everyone else does and get our overhead stuff out. Move back enough that you're leaving our seat end open, and put one of our bags in front of you to save the space. When the people in front of us finally move up and are getting off, you stay in place and let me get out in front of you. You are acting as my block so I'm not trying to do these crazy plane moves in front of strangers, and you'll be behind me while I bump into every seat on the way off the plane. You're a peach and just made my life a bit easier.

When we get off the plane, I'm going to have to pee asap - so just follow me and be prepared to bag watch. I probably won't stop at the first one (rookie mistake!), so just keep going until I find the one with no line (see, the other one involves holding pee AND standing.... fatties don't like that).

If you can manage to put up with us during one of these situations, you're a great guy. It's just one of the most stressful things we go through, and I can't explain how awful it can be (even when it goes off without a hitch)... but if you can just be along with us, there, and understand that we hate it as much as you do ..... you're going to be appreciated more than you can know.

I know much of this may be AM-specific, but it's probably my most stressed time ever and even one FA reads this and keeps things in mind when traveling with a fatty, then I'm glad I wrote it.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #255
Scrumptious_voluptuous
It must be Gin O'clock!

Scrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticedScrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticedScrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticedScrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticedScrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticedScrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticedScrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticed

I'm afraid I'm still agreeing with Matt and I think it's unfair of everyone to assume he's not equipped for an SSBBW when he's an ample man himself, and IS equipped for an SSBBW. Maybe that vein of the thread is more concentrating with the physical/furniture side, when maybe we should concentrate on the emotional side, such as pointed out in James's post.

Seriously, if I walked into a guys apartment -who I'd only been dating - and found re-inforced furniture etc, I'd be a bit worried, and start freaking out! What exactly is he doing with this stuff? What does he expect of me? And just HOW MANY SSBBWs has he been seeing/is prepared to see to deck his stuff out like this?? Surely the normal 3/2 seater sofas are enough anyway? What exactly do you want him to have??

I prefer slightly geeky guys, so should I go out and get an X-box to accomodate them? Or stock a range of spectacles in case theirs breaks? And as for stocking the fridge with a drink I don't want myself (not that there's THAT many) 'just in case' I get a date- HELL NO!

Could it be in our minds? I just bought some fold out plastic seats from Ikea for about 3 quid each. They're mainly for guests as I was petrified of sitting on them, until Dan threatened to smack me over the head with one for being such a knob about it, and I tried it, and it was fine. Maybe, just maybe, we don't need special furniture and fixings for absolutely every part of our life. And to be honest, I'd feel like a right turnip if everytime I went to a friends house they said to me 'Oh no.. you can sit on this massive re-inforced chair here'

I'm sticking to my independance. He's welcome to his place-even if it is stocked with wicker chairs - and I'll have my cat ridden beige little shack. And when we've been going out long enough for us to move in together, THEN we can discuss the furniture.

And how about flatmates and friends? Do they not figure into this? Me and my flatmate have been sharing the same scratty 2 seater sofa for 3 years now. But I'll go and berate him now for not providing us with a much bigger sofa, and tell all my friends to change to automatics so that when they give me a lift they dont continuously bang into my thigh.

It's not the furniture that counts really, it's the people themselves and how they are with you. You can tell if someones a cock knocker by the way they act, they're belongings have little to do with it (lets also bare in mind that they may be living in an already furnished house, and have no choice whatsoever on the furnishings they have!) I'd much rather go out with a guy who looks me in the eye when I'm talking and owns papier mache furniture, than someone who's constantly looking around a restaurant, trying to see if anyone's staring at us.

I'm trying to keep this on topic because if a guy hasn't got everything pointed out in this thread, then please don't start thinking it means he doesn't love you! He's probably just got a tight landlord...

Last edited by Scrumptious_voluptuous; 04-29-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Scrumptious_voluptuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #256
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumptious_voluptuous View Post
I'm afraid I'm still agreeing with Matt and I think it's unfair of everyone to assume he's not equipped for an SSBBW when he's an ample man himself, and IS equipped for an SSBBW. Maybe that vein of the thread is more concentrating with the physical/furniture side, when maybe we should concentrate on the emotional side, such as pointed out in James's post.

Seriously, if I walked into a guys apartment -who I'd only been dating - and found re-inforced furniture etc, I'd be a bit worried, and start freaking out! What exactly is he doing with this stuff? What does he expect of me? And just HOW MANY SSBBWs has he been seeing/is prepared to see to deck his stuff out like this?? Surely the normal 3/2 seater sofas are enough anyway? What exactly do you want him to have??

I prefer slightly geeky guys, so should I go out and get an X-box to accomodate them? Or stock a range of spectacles in case theirs breaks? And as for stocking the fridge with a drink I don't want myself (not that there's THAT many) 'just in case' I get a date- HELL NO!

Could it be in our minds? I just bought some fold out plastic seats from Ikea for about 3 quid each. They're mainly for guests as I was petrified of sitting on them, until Dan threatened to smack me over the head with one for being such a knob about it, and I tried it, and it was fine. Maybe, just maybe, we don't need special furniture and fixings for absolutely every part of our life. And to be honest, I'd feel like a right turnip if everytime I went to a friends house they said to me 'Oh no.. you can sit on this massive re-inforced chair here'

I'm sticking to my independance. He's welcome to his place-even if it is stocked with wicker chairs - and I'll have my cat ridden beige little shack. And when we've been going out long enough for us to move in together, THEN we can discuss the furniture.

And how about flatmates and friends? Do they not figure into this? Me and my flatmate have been sharing the same scratty 2 seater sofa for 3 years now. But I'll go and berate him now for not providing us with a much bigger sofa, and tell all my friends to change to automatics so that when they give me a lift they dont continuously bang into my thigh.

It's not the furniture that counts really, it's the people themselves and how they are with you. You can tell if someones a cock knocker by the way they act, they're belongings have little to do with it (lets also bare in mind that they may be living in an already furnished house, and have no choice whatsoever on the furnishings they have!) I'd much rather go out with a guy who looks me in the eye when I'm talking and owns papier mache furniture, than someone who's constantly looking around a restaurant, trying to see if anyone's staring at us.

I'm trying to keep this on topic because if a guy hasn't got everything pointed out in this thread, then please don't start thinking it means he doesn't love you! He's probably just got a tight landlord...
Im sorry Miranda, but you and Matt are missing the point of this thread entirely. First of all this thread was started by a ssbbw who is closer to my size than she is your size...and will you agree that you and I have different needs? If a guys wants to date someone my size, those needs cannot be ignored. I'm not saying a guy has to have everything perfectly fat friendly in his life, but to know he has taken some consideration is nice. There are some places my body just cannot physically fit and there are just some things my body cannot physically do. If a guy wants someone my size, he has to be ready for it, plain and simple...and yes, a girl like me does cost money.

Smaller ssbbws and bbws will not understand our concerns because they don't live them everyday. This thread was very helpful, even if just to us who were venting before Matt came here and started arguing otherwise. We have needs and we are being told off for discussing the needs that we have.

It's hard to explain properly if you don't have the same needs. We are just trying to educate FA's to what large ssbbws want and need. If the FA doesn't want the information he can turn a blind eye, but to come here and criticize us for it....is not cool.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #257
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!

yes, this thread is obviously not for some people and i would kindly ask that you stop ruining it A large majority of us understand exactly what this thread is about. I feel that a lot of good points have been made and that y'all are trying to debate issues that were really not even intended in these posts, which we have tried to explain numerous times.

Last edited by largenlovely; 04-29-2008 at 05:11 PM.
largenlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #258
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!

hahahhaa you really know how to woo a gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BothGunsBlazing View Post
Hm, so, I am TOTALLY keeping this lift chair. I mean, my grandmother got it before she went to the nursing home and only used it a few times.

It can lift up to like 600lbs. I am totally keeping you chair.

Of course now I use it to hold my laundry and .. rugs, apparently!, but think .. one of you lucky ladies .. could replace .. the laundry? You know you wanna !

Old 04-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #259
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

oh yeah i'm definitely a hand held shower head kinda gal. and those little thingies in the bottom of the tub to keep me from slipping. I'm scared to death when i'm standing in the shower lol

Quote:
Yeah, a handheld shower head would be great for some
Old 04-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #260
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by largenlovely View Post
oh yeah i'm definitely a hand held shower head kinda gal. and those little thingies in the bottom of the tub to keep me from slipping. I'm scared to death when i'm standing in the shower lol

That's one of the very first things I had Mike buy when I got over here. I always slip in the tub so I was using 2 washrags...one for each foot, lol. Much prefer the rubber thingys.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #261
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

hahaha i'd not thought to use two washcloths like that. In my last place i got these cute little blue fishies and lined the tub with them. i felt like i was playing twister at times lol, but it worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
That's one of the very first things I had Mike buy when I got over here. I always slip in the tub so I was using 2 washrags...one for each foot, lol. Much prefer the rubber thingys.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #262
Scrumptious_voluptuous
It must be Gin O'clock!

Scrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticedScrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticedScrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticedScrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticedScrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticedScrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticedScrumptious_voluptuous never has a post go unnoticed

I'm getting the point, I really am, but I think it's unfair for anyone to ask another person to refit their home in the hopes of dating someone. Thats like saying you can't come to my house because my furniture isn't re-inforced, or because I was living on the second floor of a building.

As for ruining the thread, I think that was done a long time ago when people started putting pressure on guys to have things prepared for an SSBBW just in the hopes they might start dating one. WHEN they're dating one is fine- but what Matt and I are trying to point out is that us girls are all very different, and indeed - you and I have different needs and yet we'd both be classed as an SSBBW in most cases. So it would make sense for the hyperthetical guy in question to choose his SSBBW first, get to know her own needs, and then provide.

I am totally and utterly behind having a thread sharing tips and telling of the things it is nice to have in preparation, I just don't think it's fair to berate someone because they can't/have not provided before they meet someone or whilst they're still in the dating stage, and start accusing them of not being deserving of a relationship because they have the wrong car etc. I'm not critisizing the thread, just peoples response to someone saying they can't comply with a lot of these things because it's just not feasable (sp!!) for them at this point. Then all of a sudden, they're not FAs and have a house of the devils spawn - wicker!

I think it sends out a negative message to FAs who are trying to come out more. i.e - don't even try it buster, unless you have this, this and this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
Im sorry Miranda, but you and Matt are missing the point of this thread entirely. First of all this thread was started by a ssbbw who is closer to my size than she is your size...and will you agree that you and I have different needs? If a guys wants to date someone my size, those needs cannot be ignored. I'm not saying a guy has to have everything perfectly fat friendly in his life, but to know he has taken some consideration is nice. There are some places my body just cannot physically fit and there are just some things my body cannot physically do. If a guy wants someone my size, he has to be ready for it, plain and simple...and yes, a girl like me does cost money.

Smaller ssbbws and bbws will not understand our concerns because they don't live them everyday. This thread was very helpful, even if just to us who were venting before Matt came here and started arguing otherwise. We have needs and we are being told off for discussing the needs that we have.

It's hard to explain properly if you don't have the same needs. We are just trying to educate FA's to what large ssbbws want and need. If the FA doesn't want the information he can turn a blind eye, but to come here and criticize us for it....is not cool.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #263
ripley

ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loggamatt View Post
And I don't think that I, as a single man, should buy special furniture in anticipation of forming a relationship with a hypothetical SSBBW who I may never meet

Trying to adapt your life/possessions to accommodate a SSBBW that you are in a relationship with is one thing... and something I would agree with. But you seem to think that I should design my life around someone who, for all I know, doesn't exist?

I really think you're putting the cart before the horse there. As far as I see it, it makes sense to meet the SSBBW before you try to accommodate her... lol. I certainly would hate to have created "SSBBW World" in my living room then never end up meeting the SSBBW who is meant to appreciate it!
Quote:
I'm getting the point, I really am, but I think it's unfair for anyone to ask another person to refit their home in the hopes of dating someone. Thats like saying you can't come to my house because my furniture isn't re-inforced, or because I was living on the second floor of a building.

As for ruining the thread, I think that was done a long time ago when people started putting pressure on guys to have things prepared for an SSBBW just in the hopes they might start dating one. WHEN they're dating one is fine- but what Matt and I are trying to point out is that us girls are all very different, and indeed - you and I have different needs and yet we'd both be classed as an SSBBW in most cases. So it would make sense for the hyperthetical guy in question to choose his SSBBW first, get to know her own needs, and then provide.

I am totally and utterly behind having a thread sharing tips and telling of the things it is nice to have in preparation, I just don't think it's fair to berate someone because they can't/have not provided before they meet someone or whilst they're still in the dating stage, and start accusing them of not being deserving of a relationship because they have the wrong car etc. I'm not critisizing the thread, just peoples response to someone saying they can't comply with a lot of these things because it's just not feasable (sp!!) for them at this point. Then all of a sudden, they're not FAs and have a house of the devils spawn - wicker!

I think it sends out a negative message to FAs who are trying to come out more. i.e - don't even try it buster, unless you have this, this and this...

Oh for pete's sake!

NO ONE said he needs to redo his entire life to prepare for dating a ssbbw.

If you are okay with doing everything at her place, and she is too, more power to the both of you!! But if you're not, then when you buy a new or used car it might pay to think about how she's gonna fit. NOT a requirement, just something you might want to consider. If you decide not to, that's great, wonderful, etc....but realize what choice you're making. If you want her to sleep over, think about getting a hand-held shower head. It's about $12 at Walmart, we're not talking the Hope Diamond here.

It's not about what WE want...it's about what HE wants, and if he wants us with him, riding in his car, at night, whatever....here are the things he might consider. We demand nothing; we only want to help guys who maybe haven't thought of some of the REALITIES OF DATING A SSBBW.

Now, let's get back on track! All these things we've talked about, that help us through life...I'm worried that it's too much for a guy, and that he might date a thinner woman just to avoid them. So my question for guys is...is it worth it?

ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:54 PM   #264
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
OH hell yes, there has to be a tub mat or I'm just scared to death... soap, water, and porcelain or plastic??? nnooooo thank you.

Yeah, the rags in the tub is a quick fix in a hotel bathroom if there's no mat down in the tub... It's not the same as a mat, but it certainly helps a little bit in a pinch.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:08 PM   #265
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripley View Post
Oh for pete's sake!

NO ONE said he needs to redo his entire life to prepare for dating a ssbbw.

If you are okay with doing everything at her place, and she is too, more power to the both of you!! But if you're not, then when you buy a new or used car it might pay to think about how she's gonna fit. NOT a requirement, just something you might want to consider. If you decide not to, that's great, wonderful, etc....but realize what choice you're making. If you want her to sleep over, think about getting a hand-held shower head. It's about $12 at Walmart, we're not talking the Hope Diamond here.

It's not about what WE want...it's about what HE wants, and if he wants us with him, riding in his car, at night, whatever....here are the things he might consider. We demand nothing; we only want to help guys who maybe haven't thought of some of the REALITIES OF DATING A SSBBW.

Now, let's get back on track! All these things we've talked about, that help us through life...I'm worried that it's too much for a guy, and that he might date a thinner woman just to avoid them. So my question for guys is...is it worth it?
I have to say, honestly, that I'm a little intimidated by all the foresight that might be required of me should I date someone larger than myself, and I'm no mid-sized BBW. I would never want to avoid dating someone because of this, but it does make me wonder if I'll measure up myself if I, like a thin F(F)A, might sometimes assume another fat person is able to do the things I can, or can be accomodated the way I accomodate myself in unfamilar surroundings.

Not a criticism, not an objection to the thread or the topics in the thread, just an honest answer to your question, ripley. I'd like to think, no matter what, that I'd be able to "make it work" with my fat date no matter what obstacle was thrown in our way.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #266
ripley

ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
OH hell yes, there has to be a tub mat or I'm just scared to death... soap, water, and porcelain or plastic??? nnooooo thank you.

Yeah, the rags in the tub is a quick fix in a hotel bathroom if there's no mat down in the tub... It's not the same as a mat, but it certainly helps a little bit in a pinch.
I fell in a motel bathroom...and landed sitting on the tub edge, lol. It was magic or the hand of God or something because I could really have gotten hurt.

And Butchie, that's the only thing required...the willingness to face whatever comes with good graces.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #267
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

As for ruining the thread, I think that was done a long time ago when people started putting pressure on guys to have things prepared for an SSBBW just in the hopes they might start dating one. WHEN they're dating one is fine- but what Matt and I are trying to point out is that us girls are all very different, and indeed - you and I have different needs and yet we'd both be classed as an SSBBW in most cases. So it would make sense for the hyperthetical guy in question to choose his SSBBW first, get to know her own needs, and then provide..........
Words like 'hopes' or 'might' really explain why you and Matt are having issue with this thread. Unless I am mistaken, this thread is for guys that will date or become seriously involved with a SSBBW not might. Big difference between the two.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #268
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

My point of view isn't that anyone needs to have all of these things in preparation, but that they should understand that such things might be needed and not be too surprised or put off by the need. Super fatties have special requirements, abilities, and limitations. It's better to know that ahead of time.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #269
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
My point of view isn't that anyone needs to have all of these things in preparation, but that they should understand that such things might be needed and not be too surprised or put off by the need. Super fatties have special requirements, abilities, and limitations. It's better to know that ahead of time.
It's called common sense, right? I mean, seriously? Should we really be patting ourselves on the back for this shit?

I agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread, but it's ridiculous that it is needed at all.

I took this the other day. Now I have a use for it.

Last edited by BothGunsBlazing; 04-29-2008 at 08:57 PM.
BothGunsBlazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #270
UncannyBruceman
On Timeout

UncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BothGunsBlazing View Post
It's called common sense, right? I mean, seriously? Should we really be patting ourselves on the back for this shit?
No but not everyone "gets it", Guns. Supersized girls have limitations and special needs like any girl who's blind, deaf, or otherwise disabled. But most of us men don't see this, mainly because we don't associate fat with handicapped; we associate it with beauty...and it could be shocking to any FA to have to make these adjustments if he's used to dating women under 300lbs. Our women are perfect with imperfections, and not all FA's have it in them to adapt. Like I said earlier, some of them just want to dip their wicks.
UncannyBruceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #271
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

it's handi-capable thank you very much lol

and ya know, i wouldn't have totally understood it either as a smaller bbw even. I was always able to get around and do things that needed to be done. It wasn't until the last couple years that i totally started realizing that life is completely different as a large sized SSBBW.So i imagine the men are quiet unaware of a lot of these things. Which is why we really needed this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncannyBruceman View Post
No but not everyone "gets it", Guns. Supersized girls have limitations
Old 04-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #272
BigCutieAriel

BigCutieAriel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBigCutieAriel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBigCutieAriel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I do that all the time i confront rude people they never can respond or they will say sorry or i wasn't talking about you and im like yeah right i heard you i never back down but all the shit talkers seem to run off when confronted

Quote:
omg that is horrific!!! I am pretty sure i would've winded up in jail or in the hospital lol

I do my very best to remain ladylike and handle things in a proper manner, but once someone does something like that the gloves come off. I would've had to go psycho/hillbilly on someone lol

I was coming out of a gas station and there was a van full of biker looking dudes (complete with tattooes,head scarves and sleeveless shirts). One of them said something and i walked right over and chastised every one of them and told them how ashamed of themselves they should be. I don't know if they were just so shocked that i did it, or if they actually felt remorse, but nobody said anything and i saw a few hung heads lol

http://www.myspace.com/arielbigcuties
BigCutieAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #273
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

absolutely..a lot of people like that are scared of confrontation. Especially when a 400+ pound woman is looking at them in a threatening manner hahahaha

But, i said this in another forum..we teach people how they treat us. It teaches people that fat people WILL stand up for themselves and that maybe they should take a little more care in what they say..which is why i totally understand where Bruce was coming from earlier. but there are just some times i don't feel like dealing with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieAriel View Post
I do that all the time i confront rude people they never can respond or they will say sorry or i wasn't talking about you and im like yeah right i heard you i never back down but all the shit talkers seem to run off when confronted
Old 04-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #274
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

It's not so much something that will be required of everyone, but it's definitely things to think about that might come up when dating a very large woman. I imagine it is a bit intimidating when it's all thrown together in one thread ...instead of looking at as a woman you've fallen in love with. Then it will be totally different and ya just take things as they come and work together to make life easy for both of y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
I have to say, honestly, that I'm a little intimidated by all the foresight that might be required of me should I date someone larger than myself, and I'm no mid-sized BBW.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #275
ripley

I agree that it's needed. Almost every SS woman I know has a story about how men were not willing or not prepared to deal with our realities. Whether he walks 20 feet ahead of us and growls 'cause we're slow or gets grossed out because we've got skin discoloration or pissed that we can't fit in his car and have to take the bus...or or or or....