Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 04-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #126
UncannyBruceman
On Timeout

UncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by largenlovely View Post
it's wonderful isn't it? Bruce is my first REAL FA and first real love...not until i met him have i experienced what it means for a man to love, care and look after me. He's always making sure to think ahead and God i love him for it
You're going to dispel the rumors that I'm a total son of a bitch if you keep talking like this.
UncannyBruceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:56 PM   #127
ripley

ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by largenlovely View Post
it's wonderful isn't it? Bruce is my first REAL FA and first real love...not until i met him have i experienced what it means for a man to love, care and look after me. He's always making sure to think ahead and God i love him for it
All of us single SS girls hate you now, you know that right?

ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:59 PM   #128
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!

oh honey the people that hate ya..hate ya pretty good, they're not going to believe me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncannyBruceman View Post
You're going to dispel the rumors that I'm a total son of a bitch if you keep talking like this.
largenlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:01 AM   #129
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!

let me quote Peter Griffin...looooooooooooooove you <3 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripley View Post
All of us single SS girls hate you now, you know that right?
largenlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:05 AM   #130
ripley

ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.

heh, love you too, dammit

ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:06 AM   #131
NoWayOut

NoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going on

I haven't thought about it yet, but yeah, my car would probably be too small. At this point in my life, though, there's not a lot I can do about it, being in college.
NoWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:11 AM   #132
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
Worse yet is when they don't know and then get mad when they find out. So hurtful. I'll be patient and helpful if you won't be shocked by and rude about the special circumstances of the lives of the supersized .
i try to be accomodating of both bbws and ssbbws so they can be confortable. i kinda hate asking a bbw or ssbbw what is there weight and how there body is set up (like pear shape or hourglass and etc...) bt after 2 bad dates because i didnt see how the places were accomodating the dates went badly.

for example one ssbbw i went out with lied and told me she was 350lbs apple/pear shaped mix but when i saw her she had to be around 400-450lbs. and the place i wanted to take her to ( AMC in southfield, mi) wouldnt be confortable for her at all be caus of the seats so i had to take her to AMC fairlane with the moving armrest so she could be confortable.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:14 AM   #133
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

What a great idea for a thread. I've only read the first page so far but I wanted to post already as I was just thinking about a cute little thing Nik did when I was first coming to visit him here.

I'd never seen his house and he told me he had a big book case at the bottom of the staires that took up a lot of room so he'd spent ages trying to move this big heavy thing but something happened and he couldn't move it in the end. He was so sweet in the way he tried to explain and felt really bad for it. I was a bit worried but when I went to his house I realised there was lots of space between the bookcase and the staires and he was just being waaaaay waaay over cautious. lol Very sweet.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:18 AM   #134
TCUBOB
When pimpin' was easy

TCUBOB makes people happy simply by logging inTCUBOB makes people happy simply by logging inTCUBOB makes people happy simply by logging inTCUBOB makes people happy simply by logging inTCUBOB makes people happy simply by logging inTCUBOB makes people happy simply by logging inTCUBOB makes people happy simply by logging inTCUBOB makes people happy simply by logging inTCUBOB makes people happy simply by logging inTCUBOB makes people happy simply by logging in

Hey, no, I get it....I myself am not a wee mon by any stretch of the im-a-gi-na-shion. But even at 6' 6", 300, I fit more places than I might think I would.

I've given up, however, on ever being able to lower a tray table again. It's just not gonna happen.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #135
Brach311

Brach311 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialbFly View Post
the snoring thing i can totally relate to, i slept with this one incred hot guy, who i never saw again, cause he just couldnt get off the fact that i snored, i had been up for fricking 26 hours, drove 4 hours to see him and he had the nerve to bitch that i snored....as if.....like i CHOSE to snore, just to piss him off (he was post call too).

yeah, we fat people do snore, fact of life...get over it...lol

I couldnt rep ya Rip, but i tried...
To be honest the snoring does kind of bug me too but I just roll them over and then spoon them and cuddle from behind so they think i'm sweet.
Brach311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:14 AM   #136
JohnWylde
Gentleman John

JohnWylde does more than just post hot picsJohnWylde does more than just post hot picsJohnWylde does more than just post hot pics
Default Snoring!

Well both my lil baby and I have been accused by partners of snoring in the past but when we got together, neither of us snored! Until she got mad at me that is and somehow she managed to snore quite loudly that night!

I did find a solution - I found that continually caressing curves worked quite well - althought it was at the risk of a strong backhand

PS: I think that well over 50% of the population snore both fat and thin and in between!

John W

(Adoring FA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripley View Post
First off....LOVING this thread. Been reppin' like a darn fool.

ETA: Oh, and a LOT of SS women (all??) snore. If you're lucky enough to sleep next to one, tell her she sounds cute and give her a kiss. Trust me, she'll love you for it.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:23 AM   #137
JohnWylde
Gentleman John

JohnWylde does more than just post hot picsJohnWylde does more than just post hot picsJohnWylde does more than just post hot pics
Default Pleasure!!

I just have to say that it really is my pleasure to see that my lil baby is always relaxed and comfortable! I really do try to anticipate any limitations or downsides of what we do and find a solution which means there is no problem.

I was disappointed that the car rental company didn't have a seat belt extender when I asked but the next car we hired - a Pontiac Grand Prix I think - had a standard seat belt which fitted a 500lb girl nicely

John W

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate desire View Post
This is a great thread Melissa. I am glad that my guy is smart enough to know what needs I have and willing to do everything he can to meet them.
He is the first real FA that I have ever dated that I have not had tell explain my body cannot do this or that or sit here or there.I dont think he came pretrained he is just really smart like that lol.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:26 AM   #138
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWylde View Post
I just have to say that it really is my pleasure to see that my lil baby is always relaxed and comfortable! I really do try to anticipate any limitations or downsides of what we do and find a solution which means there is no problem.

I was disappointed that the car rental company didn't have a seat belt extender when I asked but the next car we hired - a Pontiac Grand Prix I think - had a standard seat belt which fitted a 500lb girl nicely

John W
This 543lbs girl didn't fit so comfy in the grand prix...hard to get in and out of. Now a Monte Carlo is a whole different story....I could even drive that rental car!!! woohoooo
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:56 AM   #139
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The snoring thing is weird.... I've shared rooms with friends like 1000 times, and no snoring. Dated a guy who was a vocal anti-snorer, and passed test no problem.

I do talk in my sleep (mumble usually or laugh, etc), but Keith is the FIRST person to ever say I snore. Admittedly he says it's super light/heavy breathing variety.... but it puzzles me that not a single other person has ever said that, yet he insists. I think it may be down to the individual definition of snore. My dad snored, you could hear it through the walls... that's snoring to me. LOL
Old 04-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #140
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
- Be prepared for me to take a while getting ready for things, showering, etc. Not insane Zsa Zsa amounts of time but...you know.
Yeah, there's "BBW time" and then there's "Zsa Zsa time." God help any FA who has to deal with the latter...
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #141
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I know, I know! We're not talking about apnea...but since there's so much talk of snoring, you know me - I HAVE to chime in.

I don't snore anymore, and with good reason - I have a CPAP machine. Best thing I ever did for myself - getting diagnosed with apnea and treated.

So if you snore, and ESPECIALLY if you have other signs, like your partner says you wake up choking/gasping, you have "drowning" dreams, or you wake up with your heart racing, or you just NEVER feel rested and sleep for hours and hours, or if your short-term memory is gone, or if you just can't keep your house straight - get a sleep test done. It might be the best thing you ever did! There's a cpap thread around here somewhere, so I won't post anymore about this here (don't want to derail the thread too much), but if anyone has any questions and they don't want to post them publicly, feel free to PM me.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #142
JohnWylde
Gentleman John

Default Yes Pontiac Grand Prix!

Yes just checked it was Grand Prix and lil Renee could fasten the passenger seat belt ok

John W

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
This 543lbs girl didn't fit so comfy in the grand prix...hard to get in and out of. Now a Monte Carlo is a whole different story....I could even drive that rental car!!! woohoooo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grand Prix1.JPG (58.8 KB, 1029 views)
Old 04-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #143
chocolate desire

chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWylde View Post
Well both my lil baby and I have been accused by partners of snoring in the past but when we got together, neither of us snored! Until she got mad at me that is and somehow she managed to snore quite loudly that night!

I did find a solution - I found that continually caressing curves worked quite well - althought it was at the risk of a strong backhand

PS: I think that well over 50% of the population snore both fat and thin and in between!

John W

(Adoring FA)
First of all babes no one here will belive I am lil lol.. Second I never heard you snore once maybe it was because you always lulled me to sleep first lol..
And now I know the real reason why I was awakened by you playing with my fat as i slept lol

Counting the days down and hope you are as well.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #144
chocolate desire

chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post
Yeah, there's "BBW time" and then there's "Zsa Zsa time." God help any FA who has to deal with the latter...
Thats odd as when I was with Zsa and Gareth I was always the last one ready.. but then you cannot rush perfection can you?
I am also pleased to add my babes don't mind that I am always an hour late and the last one to the car lol.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:33 AM   #145
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

I dated one non-fat. He was sweet and considerate and I really have nothing bad to say about him.

But after being with Wayne for 16 years (a lifelong FA) there is nothing like a man who knows to check restaurants for armless chairs, would see how far I had to walk before I got my scooter, doesn't mind snorig when he's in love, and knows about the better sexual positions for a SSBBW. There is nothing like it and I would never settle for less.

As for the snoring? I don't snore anymore, not since I got my CPAP. Please get a sleep study if you snore - you will not regret it.
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #146
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
I know, I know! We're not talking about apnea...but since there's so much talk of snoring, you know me - I HAVE to chime in.

I don't snore anymore, and with good reason - I have a CPAP machine. Best thing I ever did for myself - getting diagnosed with apnea and treated.

So if you snore, and ESPECIALLY if you have other signs, like your partner says you wake up choking/gasping, you have "drowning" dreams, or you wake up with your heart racing, or you just NEVER feel rested and sleep for hours and hours, or if your short-term memory is gone, or if you just can't keep your house straight - get a sleep test done. It might be the best thing you ever did! There's a cpap thread around here somewhere, so I won't post anymore about this here (don't want to derail the thread too much), but if anyone has any questions and they don't want to post them publicly, feel free to PM me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie_Zitkus View Post

As for the snoring? I don't snore anymore, not since I got my CPAP. Please get a sleep study if you snore - you will not regret it.

Here's a link to the Health Forum thread on symptoms of apnea - If anyone wants to continue the snoring/apnea discussion please move there to keep this thread on-topic:

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=24865
Old 04-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #147
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
Can I just add to watch out for weak furniture? Mike's parents have some weak futons that they adore...but I do not dare sit on them as I can tell just by looking at them that I would snap them like toothpicks. Big women need strong, and sometimes reinforced, furniture...which can be more expensive and less trendy.

So much to know about being with a ssbbw....but hang in there...it is doable

LOL I have found over the years "Hide-a-bed" sofas are my friends. I usually when walking into someone's house say "oh is that a hide-a-bed" as if I am really into them. If they say yes then I know I'll be find to sit on it.

Oh and just an FYI Buick Lesabers seem to be built for SSBBW.

Last edited by Lamia; 04-27-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: to add an fyu
Lamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:05 AM   #148
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm fat...drop me off at the door...we're all good lol

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #149
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I'd like to expand on the airport thing, which Keith learned about first hand earlier this year.

Anything that raises my anxiety level lessens* my ability to handle stress - at all. Airports are an extremely anxious thing for me, even though I consider myself a very well-versed in handling the issues that could come up. I'm a pro-fattie and I know my way around, what to ask for, how to prepare, etc.

However, the airport is FULL of trouble lurking around every corner, so please be prepared that:

I want to get there early - really early, annoyingly early because the amount of walking or unexpected obstacles is something that neither you nor I can account for. If it means I have to sit for an hour or more at the gate, then that's how it has to be for me.

The anxiety once I'm in the airport, but before I'm sitting waiting at the gate, is the height of it. I'm worried about the lines and how long I'll be standing, I'm worried about the minutes that are ticking away stealing precious leisurely walking minutes from me. I'm worried about how far the gate is - "right there" isn't "right there" for me all the time, sometimes it's "all the fuck the way down there"... prepare for sighing.

I may or may not need to rest... if I'm trucking along, try to just go with it. I will either just keep moving to get where I'm going so I can alleviate the anxiety, or if I drop in a seat somewhere, know that I did it because I have to... I'll only be there a minute or two, but it's necessary.

If you have to go to the bathroom, or smoke, or browse the bookstore, I would be more at ease and less anxious if that was done when there is no time crunch, once we're at the gate. The gate is where all my focus is. Once I'm there I can breathe again - the walking is over, and I'm going to destress. Everything that gets in my way and takes minutes between the front door and the gate.... all of that is something that raises my stress and makes me worried.

You might be able to make up time, but I can't... it's just not possible for me to run through the airport. I've put hours of time and thought and worry into how I'm going to get my body to that gate - PLEASE just let me do it.

Layovers are our WORST nightmare. Please just follow our lead and go, go, go... get to the next gate. You can do whatever you want when we get there - just be there when it's time to board.

Boarding.... I will pre-board. I'd like you to pre-board with me so that I'm not the only freak, and I clearly have a nice guy with me. We will get on, I will ask for my extender, and we'll go to get settled. I will get the window. Not because I'm a greedy girl, but because the indent at the window allows more room for my fat arms so the aisle people and carts are not smashing into me through the whole trip.

I need a minute to get situated, to get in the seat, get the seatbelt out from under my ass and get in there. I want this all done before other people are on board, so I'm settled. I'm going to be moving quick to get to "normal" stage. Please just go with the flow as far as requests to "grab this" "can you hand me..." , etc.

Disembarking - This is a tricky thing, but if you do it right for us, we'll love you forever. I can't stand up in my seat like everyone else does when they're ready to get off. I also can't get up and wait in the aisle... it's too long to stand probably, given how long it can take to get off. This is what I'd love (and love you, honey, for doing it ) - please get up when everyone else does and get our overhead stuff out. Move back enough that you're leaving our seat end open, and put one of our bags in front of you to save the space. When the people in front of us finally move up and are getting off, you stay in place and let me get out in front of you. You are acting as my block so I'm not trying to do these crazy plane moves in front of strangers, and you'll be behind me while I bump into every seat on the way off the plane. You're a peach and just made my life a bit easier.

When we get off the plane, I'm going to have to pee asap - so just follow me and be prepared to bag watch. I probably won't stop at the first one (rookie mistake!), so just keep going until I find the one with no line (see, the other one involves holding pee AND standing.... fatties don't like that).

If you can manage to put up with us during one of these situations, you're a great guy. It's just one of the most stressful things we go through, and I can't explain how awful it can be (even when it goes off without a hitch)... but if you can just be along with us, there, and understand that we hate it as much as you do ..... you're going to be appreciated more than you can know.

I know much of this may be AM-specific, but it's probably my most stressed time ever and even one FA reads this and keeps things in mind when traveling with a fatty, then I'm glad I wrote it.
Hi AM Although I have never flown, I completely related to everything you just said. I have all these same thoughts and anxieties whenever I have to go somewhere I have never been before and I am unsure of what kind of physical exertion it might require from me. I especially relate to the bursts of energy to get to where you need to be so you can just relax once you are there. All of the feelings you expressed I have felt too and I imagine many SSBBW's share this anxiety and hope our guy will just roll with it and let us do what we have to do to get through a physically, mentally trying experience like this. Trust us to know our own limits and coping methods and help us through it.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #150
loggamatt

loggamatt does more than just post hot picsloggamatt does more than just post hot picsloggamatt does more than just post hot pics

Mmm... good thread!

Just a few things that occur to me though. With the car thing, would you therefore say that poor men should not be allowed to date SSBBW? Maybe you just can't afford a big car. Sure, you could get a big heap of rust used car, but that's a false economy as you may end up paying more money on repairs. Plus there's fuel economy to consider, especially for those of us who live in the UK as fuel prices here are unbelievable.

So if I am a poor man who can only afford a small car, or perhaps no car at all, should I give up on being an FA?

Also, I'm surprised at the assumption that it must always be the man who drives, and the man who owns the car... surely most of you are modern independent women who own your own cars? Why can't we take your car instead?

The whole economics of being a FA thing stretches further into a lot of this... such as whether or not you can afford sturdy furniture, whether you can afford to be choosy when buying/renting a house/flat and avoid ones with stairs, small bath tubs etc.

It seems to me that the assumption that it is the man's duty to earn enough money to pay for the things that the woman needs is rather an old-fashioned view that you don't hear so much anymore. Now please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be inflammatory, I just find it interesting that this kind of FA/SSBBW relationship seems to be inherently anti-feminist.

As for the less financially dependent practicalities... yes, I agree. I think a lot of it though is common sense, it just requires the FA in question to use a little thought when planning things. It shouldn't take a genius FA to realise that SSBBW walk a little slower... it just requires a FA who is generally considerate of other people.
loggamatt is online now   Reply With Quote