Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-19-2008, 07:31 AM   #1
Admiral_Snackbar
Veni, vidi, Lionel Richie

Admiral_Snackbar keeps pushing the rep limit!Admiral_Snackbar keeps pushing the rep limit!Admiral_Snackbar keeps pushing the rep limit!Admiral_Snackbar keeps pushing the rep limit!Admiral_Snackbar keeps pushing the rep limit!Admiral_Snackbar keeps pushing the rep limit!Admiral_Snackbar keeps pushing the rep limit!Admiral_Snackbar keeps pushing the rep limit!Admiral_Snackbar keeps pushing the rep limit!Admiral_Snackbar keeps pushing the rep limit!Admiral_Snackbar keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default The most awesomest truck accident evar (cookies!)

14 tons of spilled Oreo cookies snarl Ill. traffic

MORRIS, Ill. (AP) - Got milk?

Police say a trailer loaded with 14 tons of double-stuffed Oreos has overturned, spilling the cookies still in their plastic sleeves into the median and roadway.

Illinois State Police Sgt. Brian Mahoney says the truck's driver was traveling from Chicago to Morris on Interstate 80 around 4 a.m. Monday when he fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into the median.

"The boxes came out of the trailer and boxes were ripped open," he said.

The crash about 50 miles southwest of Chicago remains under investigation.
Mahoney says no charges have been filed but both lanes of traffic remain closed while authorities remove the cookies.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My mind boggles at the possibilities!
Old 05-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Good thing they were double-stuffed.

They say Mallomars are the safest cookies to drive with in case of accident, because of their cushioning effect.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There were no pictures.

Not. fair.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
Pookie

Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club

We have had a somewhat similar accident here.

A boat got stranded on the beach during bad storms here, its still there stuck months later as nobody could work out how to move the stupid thing.

Its full of chocolate biscuits
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Really Pookie? I can swim.....!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
ThikJerseyChik
Sweet & Salty ;)

ThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions community

OMGGGGG Double stuffs??? Oreos??? Accident???????

I have to sit down, I am going to have a seizure!

No one ever died from sleeping in an unmade bed :cool:

Well behaved women rarely make history
;)

If you keep doing what you've always done,
you'll keep getting what you've always gotten!
:bow:
ThikJerseyChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #8
pagan22

pagan22 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokespagan22 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

That's so funny. =)

Does anyone read Janet Evanovich? She writes the Stephanie Plum series. There was one book in there towards the beginning where a woman had to get bonded out because she hijacked a cheesy poof truck and ate the inventory on it. =D
Old 05-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #9
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThikJerseyChik View Post
OMGGGGG Double stuffs??? Oreos??? Accident???????

I have to sit down, I am going to have a seizure!
HA HA HA HA HA HA I thought of you right away when I read this news story. I hope they weren't headed for your store, if there was a double stuff shortage you really might pass out.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #10
ThikJerseyChik
Sweet & Salty ;)

ThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions community

After reading the article I went into such a deep dark depression I wore black to work to mourn the dead cookies. *sigh* what a true waste!

No one ever died from sleeping in an unmade bed :cool:

Well behaved women rarely make history
;)

If you keep doing what you've always done,
you'll keep getting what you've always gotten!
:bow:
ThikJerseyChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:06 AM   #11
Peter the Eater

Peter the Eater has said some nice things

Give me an 18 wheeler full of milk and I will clean up that accident myself.
Peter the Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #12
Pookie

Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club

Its just begging for a team of us lot to 'rescue' the road isnt it??

And yups, the Riverdance got standed on the beach... ages ago now, but they couldnt move it again, took off the crates on the deck, but the inside still had biscuits, they are moving them now, the only way to remove the boat is to take it apart from the inside... somebody totally messed up!!

We have had millions of visitors for it though... its a boat, a boat... on sand... really not that thrilling to come and stare at.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #13
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
We have had millions of visitors for it though... its a boat, a boat... on sand... really not that thrilling to come and stare at.
They're just trying to work out how to get to the biscuits!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #14
saucywench

Darn. And here in Little Rock we only get wrecks like this:

Pig Intestines Spilled on Highway
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Emergency service workers had their stomachs turned when they cleaned up a smelly mess of spilled pig innards that blocked a busy Arkansas intersection for several hours on Tuesday.
Police said a truck spilled about 1,000 pounds (450 kg) of hog intestines fresh from a packing plant. The mess in the state capital, Little Rock, left several cleanup workers queasy. "It was horrible. Oh, it was bad," said Sgt. Terry Hastings of the Little Rock police department.
The truck was carrying the entrails from a rendering plant to a facility where dog food is manufactured when the driver made an abrupt stop. The container was covered only by a tarp, which did not prevent the viscera from sloshing into the crossroads, police said. Firefighters used bleach and fire hoses to flush away the mess.
When asked to describe the scene, Hastings was almost at a loss for words. "Nasty, nasty. Phew," Hastings said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(That happened a couple of years ago, and I'm fairly sure I posted about it somewhere here at the time.
Reference found at http://www.bryanshaw.com/pig.html.)
Old 05-30-2008, 05:06 AM   #15
Pookie

Oh thats so gross...I dont want to even imagine the stench

I far prefer the first accident
Old 05-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #16
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
When asked to describe the scene, Hastings was almost at a loss for words. "Nasty, nasty. Phew," Hastings said.
Those Arkansas cops. I tell you.

He was probably just saying that because he wants all those yummy rotted pig innards for himself and his family.

Disclaimer note: In no way is this post based on actual events in the great state of Arkansas, nor on activities by any of their fine police force.

Last edited by Santaclear; 05-30-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Santaclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:52 PM   #17
Pearalicious

Pearalicious has said some nice things

Here's a link about the oreo cookies...

It has a video and a picture...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/19/c...traffic-in-il/

Here in Sacramento.... We had a truck carrying bees overturn here awhile back.. I think it was in March. I was coming home from the Bay area that day and had to drop a friend off. There was major traffic and we had no idea why. As we got close to the ramp we saw the overturned big rig... and bee colonies on the side of the road... That night I heard that about 10 million bees got loose.

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=59778

I'm glad I didn't live in the area..

~Paige~
Pearalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #18
Santaclear
User

What do you call it when a truck full of double-stuffed Oreos, a truck full of angry bees and a truck full of rotting hog innards all have a pile-up on the freeway?

Last edited by Santaclear; 05-30-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Santaclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:15 PM   #19
Pearalicious

Pearalicious has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear View Post
What do you call it when a truck full of double-stuffed Oreos, a truck full of angry bees and a truck full of rotting hog innards all have a pile-up on the freeway?

I don't know... What??

~Paige~
Pearalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #20
Santaclear
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearalicious View Post
I don't know... What??

~Paige~
I don't know either. I'm just glad I don't live in the area.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #21
saucywench

Oh, yeah--I forgot about this:

Barges crash at lock and dam on Arkansas River

Associated Press - May 9, 2008 6:34 PM ET
MORRILTON, Ark. (AP) - A set of barges crashed into a lock and dam on the Arkansas River near Morrilton, capsizing at least one barge.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers officials say the crash happened around 3 a.m. Friday when fog hovered over the river. Officials say one barge carried molasses, another urea.
As of Friday afternoon, one barge remained capsized, held broadside by the current against the Arthur V. Ormond Lock and Dam. The lock was closed after the crash.
The corps says their investigation into the crash continues.

Information from: KATV-TV, http://www.katv.com/

Mmm...molasses and piss. Goes good over pig innards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
We have had a somewhat similar accident here.

A boat got stranded on the beach during bad storms here, its still there stuck months later as nobody could work out how to move the stupid thing.

Its full of chocolate biscuits
Old 05-31-2008, 12:09 AM   #22
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

and then there's always...

Quote:
30,000 Pounds of Bananas
by Harry Chapin

It was just after dark when the truck started down
the hill that leads into Scranton Pennsylvania.
Carrying thirty thousand pounds of bananas.
Carrying thirty thousand pounds (hit it Big John) of bananas.

He was a young driver,
just out on his second job.
And he was carrying the next day's pasty fruits
for everyone in that coal-scarred city
where children play without despair
in backyard slag-piles and folks manage to eat each day
about thirty thousand pounds of bananas.
Yes, just about thirty thousand pounds (scream it again, John) .

He passed a sign that he should have seen,
saying "shift to low gear, a fifty dollar fine my friend."
He was thinking perhaps about the warm-breathed woman
who was waiting at the journey's end.
He started down the two mile drop,
the curving road that wound from the top of the hill.
He was pushing on through the shortening miles that ran down to the depot.
Just a few more miles to go,
then he'd go home and have her ease his long, cramped day away.
and the smell of thirty thousand pounds of bananas.
Yes the smell of thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

He was picking speed as the city spread its twinkling lights below him.
But he paid no heed as the shivering thoughts of the nights
delights went through him.
His foot nudged the brakes to slow him down.
But the pedal floored easy without a sound.
He said "Christ!"
It was funny how he had named the only man who could save him now.
He was trapped inside a dead-end hellslide,
riding on his fear-hunched back
was every one of those yellow green
I'm telling you thirty thousand pounds of bananas.
Yes, there were thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

He barely made the sweeping curve that led into the steepest grade.
And he missed the thankful passing bus at ninety miles an hour.
And he said "God, make it a dream!"
as he rode his last ride down.
And he said "God, make it a dream!"
as he rode his last ride down.
And he sideswiped nineteen neat parked cars,
clipped off thirteen telephone poles,
hit two houses, bruised eight trees,
and Blue-Crossed seven people.
it was then he lost his head,
not to mention an arm or two before he stopped.
And he slid for four hundred yards
along the hill that leads into Scranton, Pennsylvania.
All those thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

You know the man who told me about it on the bus,
as it went up the hill out of Scranton, Pennsylvania,
he shrugged his shoulders, he shook his head,
and he said (and this is exactly what he said)
"Boy that sure must've been something.
Just imagine thirty thousand pounds of bananas.
Yes, there were thirty thousand pounds of mashed bananas.
Of bananas. Just bananas. Thirty thousand pounds.
of Bananas. not no driver now. Just bananas!"
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:15 AM   #23
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear View Post
DINNER baybee!!
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote