Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 05-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
Kortana
Feelin' Cheeky!

Kortana does more than just post hot picsKortana does more than just post hot picsKortana does more than just post hot picsKortana does more than just post hot pics
Default The Word "FAT"

I was just thinking about it. I really like it..I mean only on humans is it considered negative. If you had a big fat donut, it would be a good thing.

I love the word!

WHat do you think?
Old 05-23-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
TropicalFish

TropicalFish can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTropicalFish can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I love big fat cats and fat baby bellies.
TropicalFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love a fat juicy steak and my fat dog. My hubby loves fat white wall tires and of course me, his big fat wife. We also used to have a big fat cat that we loved very much. Her nickname was THE BUS.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:07 AM   #4
TropicalFish

TropicalFish can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTropicalFish can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Ooh I do love me some whitewall tires.
TropicalFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:18 AM   #5
spunker88

spunker88 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kortana View Post
I was just thinking about it. I really like it..I mean only on humans is it considered negative. If you had a big fat donut, it would be a good thing.

I love the word!

WHat do you think?
Never thought of it that way. Refer to anything but a human as fat and its almost always positive.
spunker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:25 AM   #6
JayInBuff
Keyser Soze

JayInBuff does more than just post hot picsJayInBuff does more than just post hot picsJayInBuff does more than just post hot picsJayInBuff does more than just post hot pics

Quote:

I love the word!

WHat do you think?
I agree. I like my women like I like my food... Fat, juicy and with as little hair as possible.

I wonder if it's a cultural thing that "bigger is better" when dealing with "stuff". Do other cultures share our love for large quantities of items?

Although the word "phat" was spawned as not to be associated with the horrible "fat" word.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #7
Angie O'Plasty

Angie O'Plasty has said some nice things

Like the fact that Rush is a big *fat* idiot? Add that to the small list of bad things

Angie
xoxoxo

Quote:

I love the word!

WHat do you think?
Angie O'Plasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #8
Kortana
Feelin' Cheeky!

Kortana does more than just post hot picsKortana does more than just post hot picsKortana does more than just post hot picsKortana does more than just post hot pics

Techinically referring to a human though (notice technically)

Other Big Fat good things?

PILLOWS!
Old 05-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #9
pudgy
Dazed

pudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 club

Big fat marshmallow s'mores!

George Bernard Shaw
pudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #10
dodo
cloning optional

dodo can now change their title
Default Dumbass question

Have you ever thrown anyone under "THE BUS"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAssBunny View Post
I love a fat juicy steak and my fat dog. My hubby loves fat white wall tires and of course me, his big fat wife. We also used to have a big fat cat that we loved very much. Her nickname was THE BUS.
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:10 PM   #11
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalFish View Post
I love big fat cats and fat baby bellies.
I love fat cats, fat dogs, fat hamsters and fat babies in general.

Oh, and I also love big, fat......oooooopppppssssss, gawd wrong window again

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:52 AM   #12
ThikJerseyChik
Sweet & Salty ;)

ThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Oh, and I also love big, fat......oooooopppppssssss, gawd wrong window again
Me too, GEF....ah haaaa....MEE TOOOO!

No one ever died from sleeping in an unmade bed :cool:

Well behaved women rarely make history
;)

If you keep doing what you've always done,
you'll keep getting what you've always gotten!
:bow:
ThikJerseyChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #13
t3h_n00b

t3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going on

My gf does not like the word at all. She feels that fat always has a negative connotation. She's relatively new to American English (moved here about 8 years ago), so while she knows the many uses of the word "fat", I guess it was just put to her as a term of disrespect. As a matter of fact, she cringes when I say "phat", which I tend to say a lot. When I was growing up, that was the word we used the describe something that was great (and I wonder why I'm an FA, lol). She just can't deal with it. Oh well. I'm switching to the newer evolution of the term "phat", "crack" (meaning too aweome for its own good and instantly addictive; destructively amazing)

ex. 1

My friend:
"Hey dude, look at that awesome car!"

Me
"Yeah dude, that's crack"
t3h_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #14
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I used to hate it because it obviously it has a negative connotation in society but now I don't mind it. I mean, I am fat...it's just an adjective.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #15
FAFrankie

FAFrankie has said some nice things

You could refer to German where you can say:

"Voll Fett ey!"

Which literally translates to:

"Full fat eh!"

But means:

"Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet."
FAFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #16
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Don't Over Use It!!!

My SO and I loved using the word, and used it, so much that it's lost all meaning...be careful!!!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #17
GoddessNoir
Milkmaid

GoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going onGoddessNoir knows EXACTLY what's going on

I don't mind the word fat at all. Iuse it often and people around me usually cringe or shake their heads in a "oh no" fashion.

I like a big fat check.

Ecstasy is uncut forests and the smell of fresh baked bread. - Arvuyeda
GoddessNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:38 AM   #18
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Fat, I love that word.
I am an FA. The expression FA is short for fat admirer I love fat women, I have a fat gf , I have fat friends, fat is positive.
Blockierer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:45 PM   #19
zosimos

zosimos can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeszosimos can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeszosimos can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Yeah, I love the word FAT. I had a formative experience with this word when I was a kid, and my grandma was talking disapprovingly about one of her neighbors "She's always got a beer in her hand, and lately she's just gotten so faaaa aat." The way she drew this word out and made it basically disyllabic, while loading so much dripping distain onto it has always stuck with me. Spoken this way, the word really conveys the erotic appeal of fat to me, like its something naughty that ought to be concealed, but there's just too much to hide- its out there, the result of your excessive indulging in pleasure is bulging helplessly into view. teh hotness!!
zosimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:07 PM   #20
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Fat Sound

A friend of mine once said that my car sound system
sounded "so fat", and I was delighted at his choice
of words.

The system used 2 Yamaha butyl rubber suspended 8"
woofers in oversized enclosures that easily went down
to 40hz.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:13 PM   #21
crice7

crice7 has said some nice things

he may have meant "PHAT", like "Man your system is phat, yo"
Old 01-31-2009, 08:59 PM   #22
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Phat

Quote:
Originally Posted by crice7 View Post
he may have meant "PHAT", like "Man your system is phat, yo"
You could be right, Crice, but the term wasn't that popular, back in '94.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:50 AM   #23
kinkykitten
FFA-Property of Von_Pudge

kinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging in

I think it's a cute word

Except for when it's used to describe me, I have long term issues with it and associate it with very low points in my life

Otherwise... I love the word

Last edited by kinkykitten; 02-01-2009 at 05:54 AM.
kinkykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:52 AM   #24
JMNYC

JMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging in

Yup---dig "fat."
JMNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #25
Oirish
The Dude

Oirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going on

I absolutely agree that more often than not the word "fat" has a rather positive connotation when it is not in reference to a human. Of course, this is only relatively recent development. For much of known history, being fat was the height of social status and beauty. I like the word fat. I like fat girls too
Oirish is offline   Reply With Quote