Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 05-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
ripley

ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Fat Men and Women: Tell us good things about Dims F/FAs!

Tell us good things a Dim FA has done for you, how they might have helped you on your road to self/size acceptance, or how they've changed your view of the world or yourself.

ONLY GOOD THINGS, PLEASE! This is meant as a thread to be positive and to try to "heal the breach" that some seem to feel.

Be specific! No lists of names...this isn't a popularity contest!

ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
ripley

ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'll go first.

When I first found dims (pre-v bulletin days) I was totally shocked that there were organized groups of FAs. Just regular guys, lovin' on fat chicks.

The young and not-so-young guys that have flirted with me have made me realize that I am attractive and I don't have to wait for some diet to work or something to be courted. I didn't have to wait for my life to start.

I said no lists of names and I'm having a hard time following my own rule, lol. Maybe it's a bad rule? Anyway...there are so many great FAs here that it gives me heart, in my day-to-day life, and makes me feel normal. I don't automatically assume that if a man is looking at me that it is revulsion any more. In fact, I probably assume more than I should that all the mens want to get with me, lol. I'm still shy around men, but I'm working on that...and the Dims FAs have helped there, too...so many nice PMs from men here, that just want a friend, and are just normal everyday guys...they have done so much for me, and I thank them.

ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:34 PM   #3
CAMellie
Gabriel Spencer

CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've been coming to Dim for more than 6 years now...and I can honestly say that the best thing about this site are the wonderful friends I have made who have shown me the way to realizing that my body is beautiful. I don't have to change my appearance for anybody but myself.

I sure love me a lot more than I did BEFORE I started coming here.
CAMellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #4
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Alas, I had confidence before I came to Dims, so I can't thank a Dims FA for that. However, the FAs here never cease to amaze me.

It was here I learned that FAs can consider taking care of an SSBBW a serious job, and one with very rich rewards (UncannyBruceman put this particularly eloquently at the bash this past weekend).

Also, watching the mid-to-late-twenty-something FAs mentor the younger ones is heart-warming, and the fact that we still have FA elder-statesmen around to mentor ALL of the other FAs is just amazing.

I had such an eloquent post worked out in my head last night for this thread - and then I fell asleep. So forgive the lack.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:43 PM   #5
KuroBara
"She Coo"

KuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging in

Les Toil helped me see the beauty of myself my drawing women who are shaped like me. I'm going to rent him one day and have him do a full size portrait of me.

FaceBook and FarmVille, Yo!Ville, Mafia Wars and Cafe World addict! ID: Geralyn Holmes
KuroBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:43 AM   #6
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am not fat but coming here has helped me relate and understand "more-so" my own fat admiration and to feel more normalcy amongst others that are like me.

My wife is a bbw ... possibly ssbbw considering her height. Love her very much.

This place allows us to let one another know how beautiful we are inside and out and that is awesomeness!

Also, Dimensions is quite an informative place full of many valuable resources regarding size and fat acceptance. There's lots of highly intelligent folks here. There's lots of great people that I can relate to and feel at ease posting or chatting with. Perhaps it took its time. I'd say if you are a newbie here, give it some time.

I have made a lot of friends here and feel blessed for finding this place.

Last edited by swamptoad; 05-30-2008 at 06:46 AM.
swamptoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:52 AM   #7
MoonGoddess
Autumn's Child

MoonGoddess makes people happy simply by logging inMoonGoddess makes people happy simply by logging inMoonGoddess makes people happy simply by logging inMoonGoddess makes people happy simply by logging inMoonGoddess makes people happy simply by logging inMoonGoddess makes people happy simply by logging inMoonGoddess makes people happy simply by logging inMoonGoddess makes people happy simply by logging in

I have come to know so many kind, intelligent and beautiful people here. Some are FA's, others BBW's and BHM of all sizes. But all share a common bond, acknowledging that our bodies and spirits are unique and worthy of love. While my husband is still adamantly a fat-phobe, I've come to love myself as I am. And I've discovered that men actually do find me attractive. How cool can that be?
Old 05-30-2008, 07:07 AM   #8
Red

Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well, I have been knocking around on Dimensions since early 2005 and then joined properly early 2006. It's a place I seem to come and go from, finding a lot of comfort in knowing that it's always here to come back to. I have met a lot of fantastic people on here and hopefully some that I can call proper life-long friends.

Whilst I tend to go through patches of posting lots to just sitting back and observing I can honestly say, I would miss Dimensions terribly if it were to disappear.

I am very proud to be part of this Size Acceptance movement and I plan on spreading the word as much as I can for the rest of my days. I feel it's a very important part of my life and participation feels natural and essential to my daily peace of mind.

Apologies for the cheesetastic-ness of this post, but dag-nabbit itís the truth.

Hereís to many more years.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:58 AM   #9
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Well, I have been knocking around on Dimensions since early 2005 and then joined properly early 2006. It's a place I seem to come and go from, finding a lot of comfort in knowing that it's always here to come back to. I have met a lot of fantastic people on here and hopefully some that I can call proper life-long friends.

Whilst I tend to go through patches of posting lots to just sitting back and observing I can honestly say, I would miss Dimensions terribly if it were to disappear.

I am very proud to be part of this Size Acceptance movement and I plan on spreading the word as much as I can for the rest of my days. I feel it's a very important part of my life and participation feels natural and essential to my daily peace of mind.

Apologies for the cheesetastic-ness of this post, but dag-nabbit itís the truth.

Hereís to many more years.
I actually chatted in DIM'S about 7 years ago and i found a few of the most intelligent, life affirming and amazing people i had ever met. We still chat on a pretty much daily basis and have shared lifes ups and downs in that time. I just started to Post on the Forums recently because i always thought Forums would be filled with loads of bitchyness and in-groups.. I was really wrong (well maby a wee bit of bitchynes..but in a good way! lmao) ..I have been involved in some great discussions. And even today when i was feeling a bit down and had a problem, everyone was so quick to offer thier kind and wise words of support and wisdom even though i'm pretty new here. Its nice just to be able to have a place to rant about what you are feeling sometimes..and this is the best place i've found so far..(the other was ranting to myself, my dog and cat and the tv! lol).

xmer
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:27 AM   #10
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Well lets see

Dimensions first of all has been a place where I can feel in my element so to speak. I gained much confidence as I began to change I needed the boost and the morale support of folks here. From that I made some great friends and now live my life most days not worried about my weight and what people think.
AS for FA's well they have been a godsend. I grew up in an area where I met three, count em three FA's in my entire life. I have always been loved despite my fat by men. NO ONE(including my hubby) has ever wanted me for my "hot bod" and so I assumed that no one ever would. Till I found NAAFA, and travelled and did national publicity and the hubby wasn't sure what to do wth the guys that were calling the house after an appearance. Dimensions FA's have affected me positively, because I know that there are people on this planet besides the one that married me that fnd me sexy, hot even. Even though a woman is married she still likes to hear a compliment and know she turns a mans head. SHe wants to know she still has it even if she doesn't planning on doing anything with it.
RUth
Ruffie is offline   Reply With Quote