Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 05-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
SilkyAngela
runs with scissors

SilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticed
Default BBW Community Awards - get your nominations in!

BBW Community Honors and Awards Show, "The Bygie Awards"... to be held in Hollywood October 12, 2008.

What are the "Bygie Awards"? The Bygie Awards [pronounced "big-ee"] are the first ever annual BBW awards show dedicated to honoring the BBW community and everyone involved in it. These awards are long past due and so very much deserved by many. We truly hope that this awards show will make a mark on history and unite us as we all share one common cause, size acceptance.

Email is the only way to submit your nominations. Send your nominations
to bygieawards@yahoo.com

Here is the nomination category list... just cut and paste into your
email and add your nominee!

Individuals
Woman of the Year
Man of the Year
BBW/BHM/Admirer Personality
BHM of the Year
Plus Size Model of the Year

BBW Website of the Year
BHM Website of the Year
SSBBW Website of the Year
*New BBW Website
*New BHM Website
*New SSBBW Website

Magazine/Calendar
BBW Magazine (Print)
BBW E-zine
SSBBW Magazine/E-zine
BBW Calendar of the Year

Clubs/Events
Nightclub or Social Promotion of The Year (Large Cities)
Nightclub or Social Promotion of The Year (Small Cities)
Nightclub Promoter
Event of The Year
*New Nightclub Promotion

Businesses/Organizations
Business of the Year (Fashion)
Business of the Year (Non fashion)
Business Person of the Year (Fashion)
Business Person of the Year (Non fashion)
Non Profit Organization of The Year
BBW Dating site

Music/Entertainment
BBW Nightclub DJ
Musician/Musical Artist/Band of the Year
Entertainment Show (Radio, TV or Internet)

Arts
BBW Photographer
Writer/Author of the Year
Poet/Spoken Word artist of the Year
BBW Artist/Drawings

International
In t'l Nightclub or Social Promotion of The Year
In t'l Business of The Year
In t'l Promotion of The Year

Adult
BBW Adult Film Star
BBW/SBBW Adult Movie
SSBBW Adult Film Star
BBW Adult Magazine/E-zine
BBW Adult Photographer
Male Talent of the Year
*BBW Adult Webmodel Newcomer (R)
*BBW Adult Webmodel Newcomer (XXX)
*SSBBW Webmodel Newcomer (R)
*SSBBW Webmodel Newcomer (XXX)
BBW Webmodel of the Year (R)
BBW Webmodel of the Year (XXX)
SSBBW Webmodel of the Year (R)
SSBBW Webmodel of the Year (XXX)
BBW Website of the Year (R)
BBW Website of the Yearn (XXX)
SSBBW Website of the Year (R)
SSBBW Website of the Year (XXX)
*New BBW Website (R)
*New BBW Website (XXX)
*New SSBBW Website (R)
*New SSBBW Website (XXX)

So nominate and then vote for the people in the community that make you proud. These award shows are for EVERYONE in the BBW community... Plumper, BBW, SSBBW, BHM and FA's... adult models and non-adult models... activists, business owners, enthusiasts, entertainers and more!

We want to thank you in advance for helping to make this event the most celebrated BBW red carpet annual event this community has ever seen!

By mid June we should have the official Bygie Awards website up and running, but for now this group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBWHonors/ is our informational hub, so stay tuned in!

Why not send a nomination for Dimensions today?

:smitten: Because every body matters. SizePositiveTV
I get bloggy wit it. :D The Sweet Spot
SilkyAngela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wow. I want to wish you luck with your endeavor. But I can't help note that there are 22 categories under "Adult" and 36 categories in total for everything else.

Please forgive me, I don't mean to disparage your intentions, which sound positive. I just wonder if this can be truly representative of a BBW community when the awards seem largely focused on Adult entertainment.

I must say that I support the right of the Adult entertainment industry to exist and occasionally I even look at and admire photos of beautiful women in the Paysites section of Dimensions. So this is not an attack on the Adult entertainment community, more like the beginning of a conversation that I hope to engage in with you. And, again, I wish you luck!
Old 05-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
SilkyAngela
runs with scissors

SilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticedSilkyAngela never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
Wow. I want to wish you luck with your endeavor. But I can't help note that there are 22 categories under "Adult" and 36 categories in total for everything else.

Please forgive me, I don't mean to disparage your intentions, which sound positive. I just wonder if this can be truly representative of a BBW community when the awards seem largely focused on Adult entertainment.

I must say that I support the right of the Adult entertainment industry to exist and occasionally I even look at and admire photos of beautiful women in the Paysites section of Dimensions. So this is not an attack on the Adult entertainment community, more like the beginning of a conversation that I hope to engage in with you. And, again, I wish you luck!
I understand and actually agree with your concerns, though my take was that the list of categories was "model heavy" moreso than focusing on adult. Personally, I would like to see the arts, music, and entertainment sections expanded and I have made that suggestion to the committee organizers. I'm not on the committee that decides categories, I'm just trying to help spread the word about the event and offer my help where I can.

Please send an to email the bygies bygieawards@yahoo.com
and suggest other categories that you feel are important to include. The current list is the 3rd revision I have seen (they just added 2 BHM categories) and the organizers are trying to reach all areas of the community, but it will take feedback from the community to make that happen....so please email them and offer your suggestions.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
SilkyAngela
runs with scissors

Default More info:

A. Regular nominees (non newcomers award categories for newcomer
categories see section B). All nominees must be active in their local
and/or national Size Acceptance/Plus Size/BBW Community during the
window for consideration. (May 1, 2007 through April 30, 2008). All
nominees must have been established in their respected categories by
January 31, 2007 and still be active (or in business today).

B. Newcomer Awards. For all newcomer awards, business, promotions and
individual awards, nominees must be in business at least 60 days from
April 30, 2008 (February 29, 2008) and still be in business today.

C. BBW Adult Film Categories. All BBW Film/Video categories can be
considered for nomination as long as project (or individual) completed
work that they are being considered or nominated for by April 30,
2008. (For all other adult categories see section A. And B.)

D. All actors, models, artists, magazines, fashion, promoters, social
organizations, promotions and DJs must be active in the local or
national communities. Active is define by one of the following:
attends community events, is a member of a community organization or
other qualifications approved by nominating panel. If someone is hired
merely for a event via a local (non community) radio station or other
means, they aren't eligible.

C. Considerations for nominations can be e-mailed to
bygieawards@.... List of categories can be found at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bbwhonors considerations can be
submitted from now until July 20, 2008. Please be as specific as
possible when submitting possible nominees.

D. Between July 21, 2008 until July 25, 2008 the BCHA nomination
committee will review ALL considerations for awards and narrow down
nominees based on community experience, meeting of the criteria and
other factors. On July 26, 2008, the list of nominees will be
announced via various outlets including the official BCHA website,
Yahoo! Group and MySpace page.

E. BBW Community Honors and Awards.(BCHA) Nomination Committee are 7
active people from our community in various roles. Their identities
will remain private until after the nominations are announced and
released. This is to prevent anything unethical in the nomination process.

F. Between July 26, 2008 and September 26, 2008 anyone who registers
via the Yahoo! Group may vote once for each category.

G. Votes will be tallied between September 27, 2008 and September 29,
2008 by the BCHA Nominating Committee. Winners will be announced at
the BBW Community Honors and Awards.(BCHA) on Sunday October 12, 2008.
Location, pricing and sponsorship information to be released no later
than June 15, 2008.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #5
SilkyAngela
runs with scissors

Quote:

I got a little more information about the adult segment of the awards. It seems the plan is to do the adult awards last and in a different fashion than the other community awards to lesson confusion and so those with no interest in the adult awards can be on their way.

Also the number of adult awards is expected to decrease as there have to be 5 qualified nominees for each category for the category and award to remain part of the honors show. Organizers expect several of the adult categories to become void due to not meeting the 5 nominee mark.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just curious, will there be admission for the general public to this event, or can passes / tickets be gotten? (i.e. people who live local or otherwise...?)

It sounds like interesting event!

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
SilkyAngela
runs with scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa_man_stan View Post
Just curious, will there be admission for the general public to this event, or can passes / tickets be gotten? (i.e. people who live local or otherwise...?)

It sounds like interesting event!
I'm really getting excited about it, the committee organizers are determined to make this event spectacular to honor the community and give us our own red carpet event to show off our hard working dedicated folks.

The official website is under construction and is set to launch June 15th and will have all the info. But here is what I know so far.....
*tickets will be available to purchase online they'll be 50.00, it will include the fashion show, the main event, and the afterparty.
*there will be a dress code
*all nominees will be invited to attend and will be on the guest list. If it's a business, club etc then one representative will be invited for free and they can bring up to 2 guests with them for $25.00 each.

That's what I got so far, I will share as I learn more.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
Velvet

Velvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized rep
Thumbs up

Sounds cool Angela. Well done for bringing that all together. I'm sure it takes alot of effort and no doubt it will pay off in the end.
Brava!
Velvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyAngela View Post
BBW Community Honors and Awards Show, "The Bygie Awards"... to be held in Hollywood October 12, 2008.

What are the "Bygie Awards"? The Bygie Awards [pronounced "big-ee"] are the first ever annual BBW awards show dedicated to honoring the BBW community and everyone involved in it. These awards are long past due and so very much deserved by many. We truly hope that this awards show will make a mark on history and unite us as we all share one common cause, size acceptance.

Email is the only way to submit your nominations. Send your nominations
to bygieawards@yahoo.com

Here is the nomination category list... just cut and paste into your
email and add your nominee!

Individuals
Woman of the Year
Man of the Year
BBW/BHM/Admirer Personality
BHM of the Year
Plus Size Model of the Year

BBW Website of the Year
BHM Website of the Year
SSBBW Website of the Year
*New BBW Website
*New BHM Website
*New SSBBW Website

Magazine/Calendar
BBW Magazine (Print)
BBW E-zine
SSBBW Magazine/E-zine
BBW Calendar of the Year

Clubs/Events
Nightclub or Social Promotion of The Year (Large Cities)
Nightclub or Social Promotion of The Year (Small Cities)
Nightclub Promoter
Event of The Year
*New Nightclub Promotion

Businesses/Organizations
Business of the Year (Fashion)
Business of the Year (Non fashion)
Business Person of the Year (Fashion)
Business Person of the Year (Non fashion)
Non Profit Organization of The Year
BBW Dating site

Music/Entertainment
BBW Nightclub DJ
Musician/Musical Artist/Band of the Year
Entertainment Show (Radio, TV or Internet)

Arts
BBW Photographer
Writer/Author of the Year
Poet/Spoken Word artist of the Year
BBW Artist/Drawings

International
In t'l Nightclub or Social Promotion of The Year
In t'l Business of The Year
In t'l Promotion of The Year

Adult
BBW Adult Film Star
BBW/SBBW Adult Movie
SSBBW Adult Film Star
BBW Adult Magazine/E-zine
BBW Adult Photographer
Male Talent of the Year
*BBW Adult Webmodel Newcomer (R)
*BBW Adult Webmodel Newcomer (XXX)
*SSBBW Webmodel Newcomer (R)
*SSBBW Webmodel Newcomer (XXX)
BBW Webmodel of the Year (R)
BBW Webmodel of the Year (XXX)
SSBBW Webmodel of the Year (R)
SSBBW Webmodel of the Year (XXX)
BBW Website of the Year (R)
BBW Website of the Yearn (XXX)
SSBBW Website of the Year (R)
SSBBW Website of the Year (XXX)
*New BBW Website (R)
*New BBW Website (XXX)
*New SSBBW Website (R)
*New SSBBW Website (XXX)

So nominate and then vote for the people in the community that make you proud. These award shows are for EVERYONE in the BBW community... Plumper, BBW, SSBBW, BHM and FA's... adult models and non-adult models... activists, business owners, enthusiasts, entertainers and more!

We want to thank you in advance for helping to make this event the most celebrated BBW red carpet annual event this community has ever seen!

By mid June we should have the official Bygie Awards website up and running, but for now this group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBWHonors/ is our informational hub, so stay tuned in!

Why not send a nomination for Dimensions today?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #9
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks for responding to my concerns, Angela.

Best of luck with this.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #10
SilkyAngela
runs with scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Sounds cool Angela. Well done for bringing that all together. I'm sure it takes alot of effort and no doubt it will pay off in the end.
Brava!
Velvet
I can't take any credit for the event or the idea. I'm just trying to help spread the word around so that everyone who feels they know someone deserving can get their nominations in. Which, BTW, I expect to see your name among the nominees, I'd love to see you at the awards and fashion show! Matter of fact, you may be able to help us find plus designers interested in showcasing their fashions during the "Project Broad-way" show. Sending PM straight away.

The committee organizing the event is top-notch and really trying to make this something special where our ranks can be honored. Once the official site is live, I think everyone will get a better grasp of what the event is all about.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #11
SilkyAngela
runs with scissors

Quote:
Thanks for responding to my concerns, Angela.

Best of luck with this.
My pleasure. And thank you for the well wishes.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #12
SilkyAngela
runs with scissors

Just bumping this thread as a reminder that today is the last day to get your nominations emailed. So get busy nominating your favorites now .

Announcements will be made soon of the nominees for each category up for vote!

Old 07-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan has said some nice things

I have a hard time accepting the altruistic size-acceptance motives of a promoter once known as the "Dungeon Master" "focusing on BDSM in the large community".

That and the focus on fat porn seems more exploitative than an "honor".
Dangerous Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #14
Smite
Here Comes Your Man

Smite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized rep

Excited for the nominations...although I don't think we qualified for the newcomer award
Old 07-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #15
CurvyQT

CurvyQT has said some nice things

Quote:

D. Between July 21, 2008 until July 25, 2008 the BCHA nomination
committee will review ALL considerations for awards and narrow down
nominees based on community experience, meeting of the criteria and
other factors. On July 26, 2008, the list of nominees will be
announced via various outlets including the official BCHA website,
Yahoo! Group and MySpace page

Drum roll please! And the nominees are........
Old 07-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #16
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dan View Post
I have a hard time accepting the altruistic size-acceptance motives of a promoter once known as the "Dungeon Master" "focusing on BDSM in the large community".

Maybe you should email the promoter directly and state your concerns, rather than come here and try to cast a negative light on something that a lot of people have had a hand in. Should people question the altruistic motives of NAFFA as well? I seem to remember some workshops with BDSM and sex based workshops.

Just because it might not be your cup of tea doesn't mean its not someone elses.

Last edited by fatgirlflyin; 07-29-2008 at 11:42 AM.
fatgirlflyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #17
SilkyAngela
runs with scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dan View Post

I'm not surprised it was you who linked to a post from 1996 to complain -not about the producer of the event per say , but that he held a title in a BDSM community more than 12 years ago? I agree with the previous poster who suggested you email that promoter or the committee with your concerns. But we both know that isn't your MO. Oddly enough, each time I see your name, it's attached to some kind of criticism or judgement toward someone doing something that YOU DON'T AGREE WITH in the fat community/movement.

I read your 360 blog some time ago about BBWRadio and how blasphemous you think it is that adult models could possibly do anything of benefit to the fat community, what was it last year, year before that you wrote that? I thought about contacting and educating you then, but I figured it was a waste of effort. Now you're saying promoters/personalities can't be involved in alternative lifestyles AND collaborate on a project for the community without conflict? Please tell me you're joking.

Maybe you care to explain how allowing the fat adult sector of the community an opportunity to be part of a celebration of the community at large is "exploitive" when the adult awards will be done last and to an extent seperately from the more mainstream fat community categories. The whole point from what I understand is to build bridges among all the subgroups, to strengthen us and help us find our common goals -including everyone involved from activism to art, business to adult....EVERYONE can participate. Are you suggesting it is only an honor if the adult sector of the community is excluded? Any idea just HOW MANY people here at DIMS that would exclude? Vibrant wonderful and supportive pillars of our community who happen to have adult sites???

Either you get the bigger picture or you don't. I personally feel this kind of event is an INCLUSIVE step in the right direction.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #18
Smite
Here Comes Your Man

Smite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized rep

So weres the noms?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #19
mango
Mustachio Nut

mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!
Arrow

I nominate myself for FA of the Year.

mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #20
djzulu

djzulu has said some nice things
Default Wow!

So Dan,

Before I respond to your latest attack, I am sad to announce that the Bygies are postponed due to logistics, lack of time from some of the committee and other commitments. The Bygies will happen at some point, with me as producer or with someone else. We will keep you posted.

Yet, I'm going to try and not take your "slam" personal. Dan, you've been slamming anything positive in the plus size fat community since I first came across you when you slammed Shadoe and Club Curves (and myself) because Shadoe didn't actually own the bar that the original Club Curves was held at.

You later went on to attack Club Abundance NW in Seattle (where you are located at) for various reasons as well as other BBW promotions/social groups in Seattle. When that died down, you decided to publically go after Talon and Fyre and BBW Network bash. While I've had my differences with the BBW Network, just in case you bring it up, it is true that I too have had my differences with them but it was NEVER about their vision. Because no one does it better.

I did create a BBW/BDSM Group back in 1995, 96 and I am proud of that fact and I have never SHUNNED that! Anyone who has been active in the BBW Community for the past 15 years knows that (I used to post here in the 90s). Also, there were some good people in that group many who have been active at one time or another in mainstream groups including some who have truly paved the way in size acceptance events. What is so wrong with people that are interested in alternative and sex positive events in the BBW Community? Am I supposed to not attend your event because you and I are of different religions? Some people MAY think there's something wrong with that.

Are you leery when a feeder is active in the community or a big belly lover? Or smaller woman who happens to like big men (or dare I say it, big women)? Do you shun that are different than you do to sexual orientation, race, religion and so on because you don't agree with them? Do they make you leery too?

Does Candye Kane, who started as BBW adult film star and model and has become a mainstream blues artist and fat activist make you leery because she started out as a porn star? Her candor, music and self esteem has helped many fat people and admirers inspire to make their dreams come true and be proud of who they are.

Dan, if you continue to be leery of people who do not live your life like you then my friend it will be a very closed minded world for you and there are many people in Seattle who you (as a "BBW Promoter/Social Organizer) aren't reaching and never will. Hey, Perhaps it's time for me to attempt events in your area again. I'm a lover of inclusion.

Darren
(former BBW-BDSM and YES SWINGERS Party promoter)
BBW Nightclub Promoter and DJ
BBW Adult Radio www.bbwadultradio.com
Personal MySpace www.myspace.com/djzulu
BBN MySpace www.myspace.com/bigboogienights
djzulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #21
Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan has said some nice things

Quote:
Vibrant wonderful and supportive pillars of our community who happen to have adult sites???
Angela, with all due respect to everyone's personal pursuits, I don't consider any woman who gorges herself on cam, sells gainer or facesitting videos, or makes money from playing with her rolls of fat from masturbating onlookers as a "wonderful and supportive pillar". Quit playing the fetish card in the interest of "community". I'm sure I'm not the only person who believes that's what size acceptance is about.
Quote:
Either you get the bigger picture or you don't. I personally feel this kind of event is an INCLUSIVE step in the right direction.
So the bigger picture includes exploitation? That fosters self-esteem and size acceptance? "Look! Even fat girls can have men pay to look at them naked!" I just don't follow that line of reason.

I'm not saying that fat porn isn't fulfilling a need and there isn't a demand for it. But I believe to lump that in with "size acceptance" dilutes the movement's societal acceptance and credibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djzulu View Post
Dan, you've been slamming anything positive in the plus size fat community since I first came across you ...
Darren, we will have to agree to disagree what is "positive" for the community and what is not. For anything or anyone I've been less than thrilled with, I've offered a detailed critique with what I think is positive and what I think could use improvement. I've never blasted any of the groups or events you've mentioned with a wholesale indictment. Anyone is free to agree or think I'm full of $#!+.
Quote:
What is so wrong with people that are interested in alternative and sex positive events in the BBW Community?
There's nothing wrong with hot dogs either. Or ketchup. But many people (including myself) believe those 2 things don't belong on the same bun. Or that the "BBW/SSBBW Adult Film Star" deserves the same "honor" as size-acceptance organizations like NAAFA.
Quote:
Are you leery when a feeder is active in the community or a big belly lover?
I believe size acceptance means just that. You accept someone neither because of nor in spite of their size. One's size is a non-factor in how you perceive that person. Feeders? Sorry, my personal opinion is that they're fetishists, not size acceptance advocates.
Quote:
Dan, if you continue to be leery of people who do not live your life like you then my friend it will be a very closed minded world for you and there are many people in Seattle who you (as a "BBW Promoter/Social Organizer) aren't reaching and never will.
Don't share my opinion? Terrific! Everyone is entitled to pursue their own sexuality as they wish. I can't and won't be anyone's moral arbiter, but I will do my best to preserve the integrity of what I believe "size acceptance" stands for. (Just as you or Angela or anyone else is entitled to do.) If that makes me "closed-minded", whatever. There are many other outlets people can pursue and I'm happy to refer them there.
Quote:
Hey, Perhaps it's time for me to attempt events in your area again. I'm a lover of inclusion.
Those who join BBW Northwest and attend our events know in advance what our group stands for. It's spelled out on our website and the welcome emails they get when they join. If it's not what they seek, that's cool. Indeed there are dozens of people every week who join our group and unsubscribe 10 minutes later. But they can't say we weren't very clear about what we are and are not.

As for you coming to do more events in our area, terrific! The more choices, the better. Although last time you were here, it appears what people wanted and what you were offering also had a disconnect...even though YOU were CLEAR about it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by djzulu in the Yahoo group BBN-NW after his July, 2004 Seattle appearance
I apologize for those who came to hear rock and roll and mostly old school, you obviously didn't visit our website, or read our very clear FAQ. I mixed things (Hip Hop, Reggae and R&B) up for the first two hours then I strictly played beats the last hour and fifteen minutes before going into slow jams. BBN isn't know for playing slow jams so that probably won't happen again but for the last 30-15 minutes of the night.
Again, we can agree to disagree. My opinion is my own, and you know what they say about opinions. I'm perfectly find with anyone who wants to give me that moniker. Rock on!
Dangerous Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #22
spartan1

spartan1 has said some nice things

where can we find a list of the winners?
spartan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #23
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan1 View Post
where can we find a list of the winners?
It didn't happen. It was "postponed" for "logistical" reasons...whatever that means. My assumption is that there wasn't enough monetary interest to support the costs of the event.

All of the popular award shows/events are big commercials. It's all put on for the promotion of their business. The higher recognition translates to higher sales. Heck, even the networks wouldn't televise these events if they couldn't make money on the advertising. At least most of these organizations have a governing body of qualified and or respected members. That doesn't erase the fact that they are still in the business of promotion. I don't think the Bygies has a governing body or "qualified" board, so it would seem that the event is a popularity contest. That is fine but I think it makes the event susceptible to ballot stuffing and other types of shenanigans.

I hope that all deserving people of size get recognized for the hard work they do with or without a plaque or statue.