Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 06-07-2008, 03:49 AM   #26
BBWDREAMLOVER
The belly rules the mind.

BBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
I think everyone who drives can judge for themselves when the belly gets too much in the way of their driving. I usually have 2-3 inches of clearance between my belly and the steering wheel until i got pregnant. Now it lightly brushes against the wheel. I still know that i can do full motions that are necessary while driving. Most of the time in the car, my husband drives because he sucks as a passenger but on those days i have a doctors apt or my son has one, I HAVE to drive because we don't have a network of people to help us out. I just recline my chair a little more to accommodate my preggo belly, knowing that it will deflate soon enough.
Not everyone has the luxury or choice to not drive. Public transportation in these parts are atrocious and it costs me 20 bucks in cab fare just to get a ride (less than 5 miles) to the hospital.
So your saying because the person can't afford another form of transportation it's totally ok to him/her and the other drivers on the road in an un-safe enviroment?
I think not......
BBWDREAMLOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:55 AM   #27
BBWDREAMLOVER

BBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerG View Post
Quoted for truth. Very well said Tracey!

I know plenty of people who drive with their bellies against the wheel (myself included), and it has never resulted in an accident. I'd think if it were a real issue of safety, the fat haters would have already lobbied against fat drivers. I'd also think, as a community, the issue would have already been brought up by members who have experienced accidents caused by their bellies as a matter of concern and safety. Especially since the "Fat girl, tiny car" scenario has been a popular one amongst the paysite sets. Also, the common threads about cars for bbw/ssbbw make it rather obvious that we *do* care not only about our comfort, but ability to safely drive a car.
This response just seems so pathetic to me.....I'd think if it were a real issue of safety, the fat haters would have already lobbied against fat drivers.
Sorry but letting your belly drive is NOT SAFE.........
I'm glad I don't wait for fat haters to determine whats safe for me and whats not.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:00 AM   #28
BBWDREAMLOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by loggamatt View Post
Interesting thread... I think it's probably something that big people should be aware of, but I suspect that they probably already are. But it's just one of a gazillion things that people should be aware of when they're driving, as others have said. Does listening to loud music make you a less responsive driver? How about using a sat nav? What about insomnia?

I think if you're of the frame of mind to ignore ways in which you/your car are unsafe on the road then there are a lot of things that could cause you trouble... but I would wager that the majority of people (including big people) aren't of that frame of mind and if they detected a way in which they were unsafe on the road would correct it.

I saw a TV show a while back that was trying to make the point that fat people are unsafe on the road... but so much of it was ridiculous. Like, one of the issues was stopping distance, that the heavier you are the longer it takes a car to stop. Great, you can't fault that... except that surely by the same token it is unsafe for a small person to carry 2 small passengers? That would increase weight too. As would carrying a lot of groceries in the back...

I think that there are so many potential safety issues involved in driving that it is possible to make the theoretical case that some issues stemming from a driver's size could affect safety... but in reality, if you're unsafe you probably already know about it and have figured out a way to fix it. I think you need to take something like this on a case by case and driver by driver basis.
Oh their aware but it would take them spending money to correct it or buy a big enough car and that obviously isn't something these fat people are willing to do to be safe.
I am talking about only people with large bellies, bellies that actually put pressure on and cover part of the steering wheel not all fat people.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:27 AM   #29
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWDREAMLOVER View Post
Evidence.....the fact you would let your steering go and allow your belly to keep your car on the road so you can light a cigarette or whatever else is proof enough.
your statement alone

Shows exactly how much you think of the safety of yourself and the drivers on the road with you.
That is obviously very little........
Oh dear. That was actually an attempt at sarcasm that everyone else who responded to this thread got but obviously completely passed you by. I dont take my hands off the wheel to do any of those things while driving and dont actually even smoke. I would have hoped it was fairly obvious that I dont just drive in straight lines but I dont think I'll risk anything in the slightest light-hearted in this thread for fear of causing further confusion.

Which brings me back to my original point - your post said:
Quote:
I find it rather disturbing most fat people don't even think about it or could care less.
but you still haven't given any evidence to back up your statement. I find it outrageous that you can make such a HUGE generalisation about 'most fat people' and base it on nothing but your own prejudices.

While I understand that my attempt at humour may not have helped here I think that your statement is so obviously ill-founded and so blatantly and offensively 'anti-fat' that it should be handled by the Moderators.

Tracey

Last edited by BeaBea; 06-07-2008 at 04:30 AM.
BeaBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:16 AM   #30
BBWDREAMLOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaBea View Post
Oh dear. That was actually an attempt at sarcasm that everyone else who responded to this thread got but obviously completely passed you by. I dont take my hands off the wheel to do any of those things while driving and dont actually even smoke. I would have hoped it was fairly obvious that I dont just drive in straight lines but I dont think I'll risk anything in the slightest light-hearted in this thread for fear of causing further confusion.

Which brings me back to my original point - your post said:

but you still haven't given any evidence to back up your statement. I find it outrageous that you can make such a HUGE generalisation about 'most fat people' and base it on nothing but your own prejudices.

While I understand that my attempt at humour may not have helped here I think that your statement is so obviously ill-founded and so blatantly and offensively 'anti-fat' that it should be handled by the Moderators.

Tracey
I'm guessing that you didn't read all posts to this thread nor do you ever read the posts of the ladies showing off how huge their bellies are that press against the steering of the car they drive.
ClickFA said himself....The steering wheel presses several inches into my wife's belly, but I still think she's a better and safer driver than I am!
that to me is a total disregard to safety. Oh and the fact that I see this happening whenever I go out in public. Gee I just made up all this for fun. It's a fact and I've seen it with my eyes maybe you just blind yourself by choice. Maybe you just want to disagree with me just because.......whatever the case it is the fact still remains alot of fat people do disregard their safety and the safety of others by driving with huge bellies that press aganist the steering wheel. I do find that very disturbing.........

Prejudice - making a decision before becoming aware of the relevant facts of a case or event
I think seeing with my own eyes is enough fact to me
Old 06-07-2008, 06:20 AM   #31
fatchicksrockuk

fatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
I'm guessing that you didn't read all posts to this thread nor do you ever read the posts of the ladies showing off how huge their bellies are that press against the steering of the car they drive.
Assuming you are talking about models showing off how huge their bellies are, it may be worth considering they might have moved the seat forward to enhance the effect of a too-small car.
fatchicksrockuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:37 AM   #32
Placebo
Swiss Kriss.

Placebo never has a post go unnoticedPlacebo never has a post go unnoticedPlacebo never has a post go unnoticedPlacebo never has a post go unnoticedPlacebo never has a post go unnoticedPlacebo never has a post go unnoticedPlacebo never has a post go unnoticedPlacebo never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
ClickFA said himself....The steering wheel presses several inches into my wife's belly, but I still think she's a better and safer driver than I am!
that to me is a total disregard to safety. Oh and the fact that I see this happening whenever I go out in public. Gee I just made up all this for fun. It's a fact and I've seen it with my eyes maybe you just blind yourself by choice. Maybe you just want to disagree with me just because.......whatever the case it is the fact still remains alot of fat people do disregard their safety and the safety of others by driving with huge bellies that press agaisnt the steering wheel. I do find that very disturbing.........

Prejudice - making a decision before becoming aware of the relevant facts of a case or event
I think seeing with my own eyes is enough fact to me
Have you ever even been in a car accident yourself dream? I'm guessing not. When a person swerves in front of you doing 70 or 80 miles and hour while you are just cruising along minding your own business, turning your steering wheel fast enough has nothing to do with anything, unless of course you feel like flipping your damn car. It happens so fast that 99 percent of the time you can't do anything in the situation. Or better yet, if it's a weather related incident and you're skidding uncontrollably, news flash honey, unless you have a 40,000 dollar car with advanced traction control and an individual braking system to stop you from spinning out, turning the wheel as fast as possible DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The only factors truly governing safety that are in your control are :

A) the distance you place between the other driver and yourself at different speeds (if you have ten car lengths in front of you, and the next car slams on their brakes, you DON'T have to swerve, you should be able to slow your car down in a safe manner or have plenty of time to avoid a collision)

B) your speed in general.

C) the quality of the machinery you are operating (If your muffler is about to drop off, you probably shouldn't be driving around in that car for example)

D) your senses and mental faculties being in order aka vision, hearing, sobriety.

It seems to me like all you did was bring this topic up to bait people into scolding them for your own personal pleasure. The reality is, some people have to drive and they don't have the options that you do to have friends or family chauffer them around to work, to pick up the kids, to run errands. You can't expect that of everyone, and the world isn't the utopia of driving perfection you obviously wish it were so badly, because some people rely on it heavily. Who are you to tell them that their lives should just stop in their tracks based on your skewed personal opinion?. Driving has always been dangerous, look at the statistics, and before you jump all over me saying "well, do YOU know the statistics?" no I don't know the exact numbers, but I know it's more dangerous than flying and remember the last time reading something about it being in the tens of thousands of deaths each year across this nation. What about the elderly who don't have the response time or can't see in a straight line? What about irresponsible teenage drivers who are the majority of causation for deaths and injury on the road, or the drunks who disregard the law and go for joy rides after dropping back 15 shots at the local dive and taking out an entire family?

I'm also kind of confused at the fact that you are so concerned about everyone else's safety rather than your fellow dimmers who face these issues everyday. Did you mention the consequences of airbag deployment being that close to their body? It's a violent explosion with serious consequences when flesh is pressed directly up against the steering wheel. I would have thought that if anything, that would be a much stronger basis for your original argument than not being able to turn the wheel fast enough. Overall, if this had been a major issue in real life, like Summer said, it would have come to light to the public by now, and the fact that you've done nothing but use pointless sarcasm to amplify your view, does nothing but vilify yourself and make your responses come off as childish and repetative, instead of people taking you seriously and discussing this issue in a considerate and proactive way by communicating experiences and possible solutions other than telling everyone and their mother to get their asses off the damn road. Overall, you need to step off your higher than though pedestal and worry about yourself, I think most of the people here can handle themselves just fine by normal standards.

Anyway, I'm not going to have internet access for the next 36 hours so don't expect any kind of response to a response soon, actually, you probably shouldn't expect one at all because really, that's all I have to say on the matter. Have a lovely day.

Last edited by Placebo; 06-07-2008 at 06:56 AM.
Placebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:51 AM   #33
BBWDREAMLOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchicksrockuk View Post
Assuming you are talking about models showing off how huge their bellies are, it may be worth considering they might have moved the seat forward to enhance the effect of a too-small car.
Maybe but like I said I see it in public on a regular basis. I myself stopped driving because my belly does press against my steering and I know for a fact it inteferes with the steering regular movement.
Anyone's whose belly presses against the steering to the degree mine does and more is preventing their steering wheels regular movement which is unsafe.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:09 AM   #34
BBWDREAMLOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
Have you ever even been in a car accident yourself dream? I'm guessing not. When a person swerves in front of you doing 70 or 80 miles and hour while you are just cruising along minding your own business, turning your steering wheel fast enough has nothing to do with anything, unless of course you feel like flipping your damn car. It happens so fast that 99 percent of the time you can't do anything in the situation. Or better yet, if it's a weather related incident and you're skidding uncontrollably, news flash honey, unless you have a 40,000 dollar car with advanced traction control and an individual braking system to stop you from spinning out, turning the wheel as fast as possible DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The only factors truly governing safety that are in your control are :

A) the distance you place between the other driver and yourself at different speeds (if you have ten car lengths in front of you, and the next car slams on their brakes, you DON'T have to swerve, you should be able to slow your car down in a safe manner or have plenty of time to avoid a collision)

C) the quality of the machinery you are operating (If your muffler is about to drop off, you probably shouldn't be driving around in that car for example)

D) your senses and mental faculties being in order aka vision, hearing, sobriety.

It seems to me like all you did was bring this topic up to bait people into scolding them for your own personal pleasure. The reality is, some people have to drive and they don't have the options that you do to have friends or family chauffer them around to work, to pick up the kids, to run errands. You can't expect that of everyone, and the world isn't the utopia of driving perfection you obviously wish it were so badly, because some people rely on it heavily. Who are you to tell them that their lives should just stop in their tracks based on your skewed personal opinion?. Driving has always been dangerous, look at the statistics, and before you jump all over me saying "well, do YOU know the statistics?" no I don't know the exact numbers, but I know it's more dangerous than flying and remember the last time reading something about it being in the tens of thousands of deaths each year across this nation. What about the elderly who don't have the response time or can't see in a straight line? What about irresponsible teenage drivers who are the majority of causation for deaths and injury on the road, or the drunks who disregard the law and go for joy rides after dropping back 15 shots at the local dive and taking out an entire family?

I'm also kind of confused at the fact that you are so concerned about everyone else's safety rather than your fellow dimmers who face these issues everyday. Did you mention the consequences of airbag deployment being that close to their body? It's a violent explosion with serious consequences when flesh is pressed directly up against the steering wheel. I would have thought that if anything, that would be a much stronger basis for your original argument than not being able to turn the wheel fast enough. Overall, if this had been a major issue in real life, like Summer said, it would have come to light to the public by now, and the fact that you've done nothing but use pointless sarcasm to amplify your view, does nothing but vilify yourself and make your responses come off as childish, instead of people taking you seriously and discussing this issue in a considerate and proactive way by communicating experiences and possible solutions other than telling everyone and their mother to get their asses off the damn road. Overall, you need to step off your higher than though pedestal and worry about yourself, I think most of the people here can handle themselves just fine by normal standards.

Anyway, I'm not going to have internet access for the next 36 hours so don't expect any kind of response to a response soon, actually, you probably shouldn't expect one at all because really, that's all I have to say on the matter. Have a lovely day.
Yes I have...2 actually
Also the accidents you decided to mention are accidents where, like you said, can do nothing to prevent. Why you would even mention them well I don't know. Bait people to scold them? I posted my original post to start a discussion. I really find it rather disturbing the response I've been getting. If your gonna be fat ok but I don't feel others safety should be put in jeporady because you wanna drive unsafe.
and the fact that you've done nothing but use pointless sarcasm to amplify your view, does nothing but vilify yourself and make your responses come off as childish,
I think you need to review your post before accusing me of being sarcastic & childish. You've done nothing but personally attack me throughout your whole post.
Bottom line is it is an unsafe way to drive.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:14 AM   #35
BBWDREAMLOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
I agree that driving that way is really unsafe, but is finding a bigger car out of the question? Maybe trading the one you have in for a bigger one could save you a lot of strain taking cabs, busses, etc.
Definately!!
thats what I'll be doing soon myself.....I'm just too scared to drive that way you know. I've heard the VW Beetle is actually rather roomy and of course with gas prices the way they are a better buy opposed to a big luxury car or suv.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #36
BBWDREAMLOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
I "had" to quit driving because of my thunder thighs! I gained the last pounds there and the door doesnt want to shut so i CANT drive. However...my belly does/did hit the steering wheel but i was still able to safely drive. It was so over the top that when i leaned forward, my belly honked the horn...always at the wrong times, like when a cute guy was walking by...or a not-so-cute guy was walking by....lol so it was getting embarressing! Anyway, the seatbelt kinda held it in to the point of being able to drive fine....but when the thighs grew, there wasnt a cure for that yet. Thats why most of my pictures show me in the powerchair...its my main mode of transit for now. But i'll drive again, im walking pool laps to get to that point, until then i use powerchair, husband or public transit....and im quite happy with it for now!
When you were driving did you never feel scared? The reason I stopped driving was because I found it hard to turn my steering to make turns because my belly was putting so much pressure on the wheel. I just kept picturing me needing to move the wheel faster or quicker and not being able to........
Old 06-07-2008, 07:23 AM   #37
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo View Post

I'm also kind of confused at the fact that you are so concerned about everyone else's safety rather than your fellow dimmers who face these issues everyday. Did you mention the consequences of airbag deployment being that close to their body? It's a violent explosion with serious consequences when flesh is pressed directly up against the steering wheel. I would have thought that if anything, that would be a much stronger basis for your original argument than not being able to turn the wheel fast enough. Overall, if this had been a major issue in real life, like Summer said, it would have come to light to the public by now, and the fact that you've done nothing but use pointless sarcasm to amplify your view, does nothing but vilify yourself and make your responses come off as childish and repetative, instead of people taking you seriously and discussing this issue in a considerate and proactive way by communicating experiences and possible solutions other than telling everyone and their mother to get their asses off the damn road. Overall, you need to step off your higher than though pedestal and worry about yourself, I think most of the people here can handle themselves just fine by normal standards.

Excellent points and well said...Rep for you

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:25 AM   #38
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Since this has turned into such a big debate, I guess there are only three options here....

1. get a bigger car
2. quit driving
3. lose some weight

simple as that.

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #39
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchicksrockuk View Post
For the win! (hope no members read those pesky little tricks o' the trade!)
Old 06-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #40
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
whatever the case it is the fact still remains alot of fat people do disregard their safety and the safety of others by driving with huge bellies that press aganist the steering wheel. I do find that very disturbing.........
The insurance industry is based on actuarial analysis. If it was statistically proven that fat people were at more risk of having accidents we would be charged more for insurance. Thats FACT. Given that the Insurance industry is always looking for ways to leverage more premium from people you can bet your ass that if there was any basis to your prejudice they would have beat you to and we'd all be paying extra.

Your personal observations and opinions are obviously proof enough for you to decide to judge and criticise the rest of the fat population but I stand by my original point. I believe that the majority of large people are very aware of the risks and inconvenience that their weight causes them and those around them and are more than capable of using common sense to make their own decisions. Your common sense made you decide to stop driving - well done you. My common sense says that I am a good, safe and considerate driver - so I'm going to carry on.

Now, if I choose from time to time to jack the seat forward and take a picture to turn an adoring FA on I'm sure he's got enough brains to realise that its just a fantasy. Have you? You'll be trying to make out next that we BBWs dont all spend our days in lingerie having pillow fights with each other - and thats just crazy talk

Tracey

Last edited by BeaBea; 06-07-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #41
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I've heard the VW Beetle is actually rather roomy
My friend's got one...."roomy" is definitely not a word I would use to describe it. Unless you're upgrading from a mini (an old one, not a new mini cooper, which actually are pretty roomy, albeit low....but not lower than a beetle).
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #42
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
you've got to be kidding me.........so you think it's ok your wife is driving unsafe therefore not only putting her life in danger but others on the road as well. Nice to know there are drivers out there like you.........NOT!!
Wow. You're a little worked up, aren't you. Frankly, I'm more worried by tiny little slips of women who can barely see over the steering wheel of SUVs and yet are talking on the cell phone. And old men in hats. Seriously. A friend and I did an informal study and they seem to be the most dangerous drivers on the road.

Edited to Add: Rhonda, if you don't want to drive your car because you feel you're unsafe, I'm all for it. But you starting this thread just so you can chastise others who still drive seems pretty aggressive to me, and kind of crappy. I think most people are able to gauge how safe they are driving, unless they're high, for instance.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus

Last edited by Tina; 06-07-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #43
BBWDREAMLOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
Wow. You're a little worked up, aren't you. Frankly, I'm more worried by tiny little slips of women who can barely see over the steering wheel of SUVs and yet are talking on the cell phone. And old men in hats. Seriously. A friend and I did an informal study and they seem to be the most dangerous drivers on the road.

Edited to Add: Rhonda, if you don't want to drive your car because you feel you're unsafe, I'm all for it. But you starting this thread just so you can chastise others who still drive seems pretty aggressive to me, and kind of crappy. I think most people are able to gauge how safe they are driving, unless they're high, for instance.
Worked up actually no I'm not of course you'd like everyone to believe that so you can make out like I'm some bad guy here.
I did find it rather disturbing that someone would drive that way but hey that's them. Yes I did voice how I felt about which I have the right to do....whether you agree with it I don't care. I started this thread to start a discussion....you saying I started it to chastise others is what is crappy. The thread is titled "when are you too fat to drive?" I was trying to get peoples idea of what size they think they would be too fat to drive.
In fact I don't see where I chastised anyone. I merely voiced my opinions and ideas so it really just seems to me your trying to make a mound out of a molehill.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #44
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

Question:
Quote:
when are you too fat to drive?
Answer:
Never. You can however be in the wrong car.

Tracey
Old 06-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #45
BBWDREAMLOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaBea View Post
Question:

Answer:
Never. You can however be in the wrong car.

Tracey
Definately agree with that.......I think maybe if fat people got together and started talking to these car manufactuers or just making it known we need more room maybe we could get cars roomy enough for us. I get so frustrated cars are made to accomadate average sized people and it's like no one regonizes us as buyers.
I go to a dealership and over half the vehicles there I can't fit in to safely drive. The ones I can fit in with gas prices like they are ......I can't afford.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #46
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You know what, you just think what you like.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus

Last edited by Tina; 06-07-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #47
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I agree to an extent, Dream. Depending on the ups and downs of my weight my belly can touch the steering wheel at times, especially when I lean in to see around corners and such. I don't really feel comfortable about this but if I push my seat back any further I won't be able to reach the pedals. So, other than crash (heh) dieting and/or WLS what do you suggest I do? I can't NOT drive. I have to work and there is no public transportation around here. I don't think my tummy is hindering the wheel at this point and I have no intention of gaining any more weight (but I had no intention of gaining the weight I have gain either lol). You have a valid point, Dream but do you have any suggestions? I'd be interested in hearing them.

This is not meant to be confrontational. It's a sincere question. Thanks.
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #48
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had a serious issue with the wheel cutting into my belly when I drove my mom's Taurus. So when I bought a car, I looked ALL over for one that would fit me AND had adjustable pedals (i'm short). I got lucky - I found one in my price range. But that's REALLY hard to do - I just got lucky.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #49
BBWDREAMLOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyGirl74 View Post
I agree to an extent, Dream. Depending on the ups and downs of my weight my belly can touch the steering wheel at times, especially when I lean in to see around corners and such. I don't really feel comfortable about this but if I push my seat back any further I won't be able to reach the pedals. So, other than crash (heh) dieting and/or WLS what do you suggest I do? I can't NOT drive. I have to work and there is no public transportation around here. I don't think my tummy is hindering the wheel at this point and I have no intention of gaining any more weight (but I had no intention of gaining the weight I have gain either lol). You have a valid point, Dream but do you have any suggestions? I'd be interested in hearing them.

This is not meant to be confrontational. It's a sincere question. Thanks.
The only suggestion I have would be a smaller steering wheel. With me if my wheel was just 3 inches higher I'd be ok so maybe a smaller steering wheel would leave the room we need. I had a mechanic mention a smaller wheel but I never really thought it alot till now. I know alot of people have your same dilema with the fact you can't not drive you have to work. That's why I think us fat people should be heard. All these car manufactuers act like they do all this research.....ok who are they designing their cars for? It can't be an average person and average person in America is overweight at least thats what the government says right. So all these fat people must be on vacation somewhere when they design cars.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #50
BBWDREAMLOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
I had a serious issue with the wheel cutting into my belly when I drove my mom's Taurus. So when I bought a car, I looked ALL over for one that would fit me AND had adjustable pedals (i'm short). I got lucky - I found one in my price range. But that's REALLY hard to do - I just got lucky.
Do tell what you bought pleaseeeee, I'll be car shopping soon myself. My belly is huge and I'm short so I'm really interested in what you decided on.