Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 07-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #51
Smite
Here Comes Your Man

Smite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized rep

But...doesn't contradict the above quote I posted by BBM?

Quote:
The majority of humans in the Western world find thinner body types attractive. BBWs are human. Therefore, a majority of us find thinner body types attractive.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #52
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

I would think the correct answer would be the following:

It is RIGHT to have a preference and be respected for said preference.

It is WRONG to justify your preference with the views of the majority; not bad, but not a wise thing to do.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #53
AnotherJessica

AnotherJessica can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAnotherJessica can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default this made me think...

My only 2 serious boyfriends were both thin and neither of them were FAs. It actually hasn't been until recently that I realized that I could find a man that really does enjoy my body and won't simply tolerate my size. Getting back on topic, I've never had a BHM show interest in me so that's just how things worked out. I will say though that I have had a "friend with benefits" that had a big build and was a bit overweight. I found that I enjoyed the feeling of having somebody heavier on top of me once in a while. For me, I am attracted to the entire package though.
AnotherJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #54
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet_Beauregard View Post
You start out by saying "It's been my experience..." but it appears that you're assuming that "your" experience is the norm everywhere. Ummm NO, it's not!! You are generalizing and stating that ALL BBWs won't have ANYTHING to do with BHM. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Black, White, Red, Yellow.... tall, short, fat, thin..... M/M, F/F, M/F..... each person's preference is their own. You can't generalize and state that one thing goes for all. And that it exactly what you did.

MY personal preference is a tall, trim (not necessarily skinny, but not fat either) professional male. That is ME... not everyone.

But Vi....I'm sure, in all fairness, that in his experience, women DO avoid him like the plague..........

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #55
Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm sure that's the case. I would avoid him too... I mean, I AM a BBW after all.

I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with tone of his posts all OVER the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
But Vi....I'm sure, in all fairness, that in his experience, women DO avoid him like the plague..........
Violet_Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #56
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smite View Post
BHM's are human too, using BBM's logic, and therefore there shouldnt be a dumb hissy fit whenever a BHM declares they don't like fat girls and told that they're bigots and part of the problem. Same goes for skinny men.

Of course, it's alot easier to insult people and call them wrong, instead of realizing that different people like different types.
Excuse me? I have never, and would never, judge anyone for their preference. Everyone has a right to be attracted to what they're attracted to. It's just the way they're hardwired. Anyone who calls someone else a bigot for not being sexually attracted to them is just plain misguided.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:53 AM   #57
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagimawr View Post
I would think the correct answer would be the following:

It is RIGHT to have a preference and be respected for said preference.

It is WRONG to justify your preference with the views of the majority; not bad, but not a wise thing to do.
I really hope this wasn't directed at me, Wag.

I have no need to justify my preference - it's hardwired, just as yours is. I was simply explaining that there is nothing "hypocritical" about anyone's sexual preference - it is the way it is.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
Old 07-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #58
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Mostly directed at Smite, but it concerned you since he quoted you (makes sense, right? )

"justify your preference" was probably a bad phrase; what struck me was saying that
Quote:
The majority of humans in the Western world find thinner body types attractive. BBWs are human. Therefore, a majority of us find thinner body types attractive.
seems to be a bit of an affront to size (and other kinds of) acceptance, as in "why should we accept [insert group of people here]? we're only adhering to the majority opinion" and I just didn't feel that such a statement was a good one to make.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #59
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

You know me, Wag. Do you honestly think I'd say something like that?

Size acceptance, to me at least, is a VERY different thing from sexual preference, and I think it's important that that is acknowledged. I can accept you, like you, even love you (using love platonically here) without being sexually attracted to you.

I love my fat female friends - doesn't mean I want to have sex with them.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #60
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post

Size acceptance, to me at least, is a VERY different thing from sexual preference, and I think it's important that that is acknowledged. I can accept you, like you, even love you (using love platonically here) without being sexually attracted to you.

I love my fat female friends - doesn't mean I want to have sex with them.
aww shit.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #61
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

LOL. Except for Ella. I should have clarified. EXCEPT for Ella.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #62
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
LOL. Except for Ella. I should have clarified. EXCEPT for Ella.
phew, I feel better now. Thank you.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #63
Wagimawr

Quote:
Obviously not, and I understand what you're saying, but can you see how somebody might turn that around on you? I know you know that adhering to the majority opinion is not always a wise idea, and that's not what you do regularly, but somebody else might not realize that, and maybe there's a better way to get the same idea across.
Quote:
Y'know, a better way kinda like that.

(a bit disappointing, mind you, but I'll live)
Old 07-05-2008, 10:37 AM   #64
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

If I worried about phrasing things so that they could never be turned around on me, I'd never say a word around here.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #65
Wagimawr

Are you saying people turn your words around on you all the time? HOW DARE YOU?

and it's just that simple *bows*
Old 07-05-2008, 10:47 AM   #66
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoflight View Post
I heard very skinny men feel a huge attraction for BBW and SSBBW , but what about the Women ? Sexual attraction have not fixed rules , but sometimes there are inside the brain and the skin just some natural preceferences.....
There is no one preference that all BBWs have. We all have different tastes, just like men all have different tastes.

I personally have always been attracted to exceptionally tall men. (My hubby is 6'8" and 270#.) It has never been an issue to me whether a man is thin or chubby, but it's his being tall that makes my knees weak.
Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #67
Smite
Here Comes Your Man

Smite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized rep

I think you missed the part where I said - on this board atleast - whenever someone explains that they dislike BBW's, they're labelled bigots and part of the problem.

Yet, the BBW's can "trash" BHM's all they want.

Just pointing out the double standard.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #68
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I think you missed the part where I said - on this board atleast - whenever someone explains that they dislike BBW's, they're labelled bigots and part of the problem.

Sigh
sighsigh
Old 07-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #69
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Quote:

Kind of like the opposite double-standard I see almost everywhere else in the world. Not that either is a good thing or justifies the other. I just find the mirror-image hypocrisy interesting.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #70
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I am sure a few people will label others that way. Seems like a huge blanket you are whipping around.

And, you must be missing the times when some fat men have complained about some fat women not PREFERRING ( I personally cannot force myself to find attractive, something I don't..and not just talking about attraction to other humans ) fat men. Hows abouts taking it on a case by case basis.

Maybe you are making a choice to only see one side of that...maybe.

Last edited by mossystate; 07-05-2008 at 01:53 PM.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #71
Smite
Here Comes Your Man

No, thats not it at all. My argument has nothing to do with fat men complainging about BBW's not wanting them. I could give two shits about that. My argument is the double standard in one group is allowed free game to state what they think, yet the others are not allowed to and are labelled as part of "the problem".
Old 07-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #72
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

I know this is the sexuality board but most of this is about dims in general, so keep that in mind.

I'm really sick of the hand wringing that's gone on for the past few months over whether or not someone likes someone else. BBWs who don't like BHMs, BHMs who don't like BBWs; who the fuck cares. I'm sick of seeing threads go 50+ pages with all this whining from men who don't like the fact that (and this is an amazing revelation) NOT EVERYONE FINDS THEM ATTRACTIVE. There are 6 billion other people on this rock, should I give a shit that most of them would or wouldn't find me attractive? Absolutely not, even if you've got a face that curdles milk you find a person who finds you appealing and you're gold, who cares what someone on the internet says?

Different strokes for different folks, it's not that hard to grasp.

Maybe its just me, but I'm more concerned with changing a culture that scapegoats fat folk and creates an absurd standard of beauty where women who are a size 0-2 are "anorexic" and women who are a size 8+ are "OMG SOOOO FAT" than I am with "Certain people do not find certain aspects of my physical appearance appealing." I'm more concerned with employers making weight or BMI a grounds to discriminate against fat people than I am with whether or not someone finds me attractive because I happen to be a big dude.

I'm sick of comparing dicks about whether or not BBWs or BHMs have it harder, as a few thousand years of patriarchy make a pretty compelling case for the fairer sex, but if you are a fat person you live in the same anti-fat society regardless of your "equipment."

Enough of the infighting, let's get militant.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #73
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
No, thats not it at all. My argument has nothing to do with fat men complainging about BBW's not wanting them. I could give two shits about that. My argument is the double standard in one group is allowed free game to state what they think, yet the others are not allowed to and are labelled as part of "the problem".

Again....that a few people might do that...how is this cause for such anger. Are there REALLY that many fat women out here who prefer fat men, who get pissed off over some fat men not preferrrrrring fat women.?.....really??? And, make sure you know the difference between being perhaps disappointed..and...labeling.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #74
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
You have commented several times that BBWs trash the BHMs all the time here. As a moderator, I can tell you that that is not allowed. Period. No one is allowed to trash anyone else here. Conrad's main rule here is civility.

If you find anyone trashing anyone here at Dimensions, regardless of which forum, please use the report post feature and one of the moderators will see that it is addressed.
Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #75
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Zero View Post
I know this is the sexuality board but most of this is about dims in general, so keep that in mind.

I'm really sick of the hand wringing that's gone on for the past few months over whether or not someone likes someone else. BBWs who don't like BHMs, BHMs who don't like BBWs; who the fuck cares. I'm sick of seeing threads go 50+ pages with all this whining from men who don't like the fact that (and this is an amazing revelation) NOT EVERYONE FINDS THEM ATTRACTIVE. There are 6 billion other people on this rock, should I give a shit that most of them would or wouldn't find me attractive? Absolutely not, even if you've got a face that curdles milk you find a person who finds you appealing and you're gold, who cares what someone on the internet says?

Different strokes for different folks, it's not that hard to grasp.

Maybe its just me, but I'm more concerned with changing a culture that scapegoats fat folk and creates an absurd standard of beauty where women who are a size 0-2 are "anorexic" and women who are a size 8+ are "OMG SOOOO FAT" than I am with "Certain people do not find certain aspects of my physical appearance appealing." I'm more concerned with employers making weight or BMI a grounds to discriminate against fat people than I am with whether or not someone finds me attractive because I happen to be a big dude.

I'm sick of comparing dicks about whether or not BBWs or BHMs have it harder, as a few thousand years of patriarchy make a pretty compelling case for the fairer sex, but if you are a fat person you live in the same anti-fat society regardless of your "equipment."

Enough of the infighting, let's get militant.
Dear God...I wish I had said this, it is spot on.