Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Cool ice cream/ice cream novelties thread

I wanted to share my joy of my latest ice cream treat and did a search for an ice cream thread but didn't find one?? How can that be?? I know I've posted about ice cream before!

Anyway..fave fave FAVE ice cream is Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Buns and tonight I tried the Edy's Dib's for the first time. LOVED THEM!!
Old 06-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I knew I'd either adore this or find it utterly vile. I just can't get enough of it!
Old 06-29-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
I knew I'd either adore this or find it utterly vile. I just can't get enough of it!
I was going to mention that flavor. foiled again. drats! So I'll bring up another flavor from the reserve line (worth the extra dollar or so)

anyone who likes salty and sweet will enjoy the flavor. although I am scratching my head at the food pairing mentioned on the haagen dazs website.

After a bucketful of fresh salty oysters, take the empty shells and scoop on dollops of Fleur de Sel Caramel ice cream.

too novel for me. don't see that on the menu at ice cream parlors across the nation.

Last edited by MissToodles; 01-18-2009 at 12:04 PM.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
I wanted to share my joy of my latest ice cream treat and did a search for an ice cream thread but didn't find one?? How can that be?? I know I've posted about ice cream before!

Anyway..fave fave FAVE ice cream is Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Buns and tonight I tried the Edy's Dib's for the first time. LOVED THEM!!
I love Dibs also
http://www.adforum.com/preview/subsc...by=type&page=1

At the end of the commercial-the cameraman next to the director is me!
Old 06-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #5
Sugar Magnolia
vmilwa :)

Sugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticed

I've never tried Dibs, but I did enjoy the clip - cute cameraman!
That was neat!

My favorite ice cream is Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Panic. I like this so much, that I can't even buy it! But yummy. Love it!

"If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more."
~J. Austen's Emma
Sugar Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:45 PM   #6
Carl1h
figure O

Carl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging in

Ah, dammit, I innocently clicked on the link and now I have to go to the store for Ben and Jerry's.
Carl1h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #7
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

I always try to push Dibs on friends. The longer that commercial runs, the more checks I receive. That commercial is over a year old and I still get checks for it.

BUY DIBS!
Old 06-30-2008, 06:58 AM   #8
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Baskin-Robbins Baseball Nut Ice Cream (vanilla ice cream with cashews and black raspberry swirl)

Ice cream is my favorite kind of food...all year long.

This has been my favorite ice cream since I was seven years old...I don't think there will ever be another flavor that takes its place. The seasonal nature of it...available only during baseball season...and the memories of eating it out of a little baseball cap shaped dish (go Dodgers)...keep it up in legendary air space for me.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:53 AM   #9
HugKiss
@}-}{--}---- XOXOXOXOX

HugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 clubHugKiss is a member of the 500 club
Thumbs up Cake Batter!

I just love this flavor! Give me anything Cake batter or Rita's Birthday Cake Cream ICE! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cake batter.JPG (73.0 KB, 413 views)
Old 06-30-2008, 08:14 AM   #10
Red

Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have no picture and I have no brand to name names of but I love love love Cardamom ice cream. The little corner shop where I used to live in Newcastle stocked a gorgeous Cardamom Kulfi and I miss it dearly.

Here's a recipie that I am itching to try as a replacement...

http://www.thespicehouse.com/recipes...e-cream-recipe

I have however managed to find a great dessert at my local veggie restaurant,

Rose flavoured lollies served on a plate with a big heap of crushed roasted pistachio nuts to roll your lolly in, next time I visit I will get photos.

Yum!
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 AM   #11
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugKiss View Post
I just love this flavor! Give me anything Cake batter or Rita's Birthday Cake Cream ICE! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, this is the very best B&J's flavor. It's like they figured out that while cake is great sometimes it's better as batter! lol
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #12
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ben&Jerry's Brownie Batter is my absolute favorite ice cream. I love a great many of their flavors, but this the best. I'm glad to hear the good reviews of the Cake Batter, I bought one this past weekend and will eat it next weekend, had to eat Brownier Batter first
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #13
Zandoz
Highly irregular

Location: Turn left at the Pharos, then right at the library...Alexandria KY
Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

There can be only one!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Choco%20Taco.jpg (9.4 KB, 373 views)

Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained. -- John Boswell

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII

History doesn't repeat itself - at best it sometimes rhymes -- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #14
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandoz View Post
There can be only one!!!!
Whoa I have never heard of those before, that looks really good, like I could eat several in a row good.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #15
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
I was going to mention that flavor. foiled again. drats! So I'll bring up another flavor from the reserve line (worth the extra dollar or so)

anyone who likes salty and sweet will enjoy the flavor. although I am scratching my head at the food pairing mentioned on the haagen dazs website.

After a bucketful of fresh salty oysters, take the empty shells and scoop on dollops of Fleur de Sel Caramel ice cream.

too novel for me. don't see that on the menu at ice cream parlors across the nation.

OMG, I MUST find that flavor. I love fleur de sel caramels!! And I would try that oyster shell scenario but someone else needs to eat the raw oysters. It won't be me!

Gawd that sounds like a hot date. srsly.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #16
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That cashew and black raspberry ice cream looks GORGEOUS!! But I'd prefer it on plain ice cream rather than vanilla, not keen on the taste of vanilla.

Well this thread gave me an ice cream craving last night so I ordered some Haagen Dazs strawberry to be deliverd today with my groceries. Well they had substituted it for Ben & Jerrys Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream, which I found VERY disappointing. I was miffed when I saw the Ben & Jerry's tub, because it's just the quality of Haagen Dazs, and this stuffed compared to H D strawberry cheesecake ice cream was just... nasty. It tasted like ice cream with cinnamon sawdust chunks, weird!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #17
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like Ben and Jerry's Half Baked.

If you've never tried it, it's a crazy concoction of chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream mixed with fudge brownies and gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #18
cute_obese_girl
Herbivore

cute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
That cashew and black raspberry ice cream looks GORGEOUS!! But I'd prefer it on plain ice cream rather than vanilla, not keen on the taste of vanilla.
You have flavorless ice cream in Scotland? To me vanilla ice cream is plain ice cream and is only used as a base for mix ins or toppings.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."-Albert Pine
cute_obese_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #19
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love drumsticks with caramel in them. Dibs with caramel are good too. I have been having several Lifesaver flavored popsicles a day too. (they're sugar free so the calories dont add up for me.. trying to slow this pregnancy gain down a bit)
Old 06-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #20
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This is one I'd love to try, but I haven't found it around here. Grew up in Tastykake and Turkey Hill land, though.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #21
Missy9579
Formerly BigCutieViolet!

Missy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging in

I dont eat too much ice cream, and when I do its pistachio, but at a dinner party this past weekend, we had brownie sundaes for dessert, mine was the best loking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg June 2008 random 018.JPG (113.8 KB, 347 views)
Old 06-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #22
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
This is one I'd love to try, but I haven't found it around here. Grew up in Tastykake and Turkey Hill land, though.
Holy crap.

You know, for all the ice cream Buffalonians eat, the selection here ain't awesome.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #23
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Looks really good!
Old 06-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #24
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Oh man, that is super good. The chocolate cake one is even better.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #25
swamptoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieViolet View Post
I dont eat too much ice cream, and when I do its pistachio, but at a dinner party this past weekend, we had brownie sundaes for dessert, mine was the best loking!

That is a gigantical purdy and tasty lookin' picture!