Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-01-2008, 09:08 AM   #26
Zandoz
Highly irregular

Location: Turn left at the Pharos, then right at the library...Alexandria KY
Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar and spice View Post
Whoa I have never heard of those before, that looks really good, like I could eat several in a row good.
They are that good. But I've been Choco Taco free for about 6 years now

Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained. -- John Boswell

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII

History doesn't repeat itself - at best it sometimes rhymes -- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #27
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_obese_girl View Post
You have flavorless ice cream in Scotland? To me vanilla ice cream is plain ice cream and is only used as a base for mix ins or toppings.

It's ice cream flavoured ice cream! Vanilla ice cream IS a flavoured ice cream. You don't even have vanilla ice cream there without other things mixed in??

I really find vanilla to be overwhelming in its flavour, and much prefer plain ice cream. Cafes have been for a long time traditionally run by Italian people here, selling ice creams, sweets, and often cooked meals. They always had home made ice cream, some still do. In most cases this was plain ice cream, white and deliciously creamy, no vanilla added. You would be offered a squirt of concentrated raspberry flavoured sauce on top of the ice cream, and you could pay extra for a cadbury's chocolate flake bar stuck in the top of the ice cream, mmmm! These are still available, but the traditional Italian cafes are dying out, sadly.

Here is something to show you that our plain ice cream IS plain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plain.JPG (68.8 KB, 261 views)

Last edited by Ruby Ripples; 07-01-2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: For some trivia... Mackie's ice cream is hugely popular in South Korea, where they now have many Mackie's ice cream parlours!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #28
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yes, yes, and yes!! I ate B&J's Cinnamon Buns until I became absolutely sick of it. But I enjoyed the ride! And I have to try the sticky toffee... I've looked everywhere and can't find it! What's up, Manhattan?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
I wanted to share my joy of my latest ice cream treat and did a search for an ice cream thread but didn't find one?? How can that be?? I know I've posted about ice cream before!

Anyway..fave fave FAVE ice cream is Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Buns and tonight I tried the Edy's Dib's for the first time. LOVED THEM!!
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #29
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I kept getting data base errors when I was trying to do the quote Cute Girl, but I was thinking the same thing about the vanilla ice cream lol. But now I remember Cold Stone Creamery had a "base" flavor for the mixins and I think it's called sweet cream?? So, it probably tastes something like that. (probably just a cold sweet milky kind of taste..which sounds really good LOL)
Old 07-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #30
cute_obese_girl
Herbivore

cute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
It's ice cream flavoured ice cream! Vanilla ice cream IS a flavoured ice cream. You don't even have vanilla ice cream there without other things mixed in??
LOL. We do have vanilla ice cream without things mixed in, I just don't eat it that way. Just a personal preference for me. I agree vanilla doesn't taste fantastic by itself and needs to have other things added to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
I kept getting data base errors when I was trying to do the quote Cute Girl, but I was thinking the same thing about the vanilla ice cream lol. But now I remember Cold Stone Creamery had a "base" flavor for the mixins and I think it's called sweet cream?? So, it probably tastes something like that. (probably just a cold sweet milky kind of taste..which sounds really good LOL)
Now that you mention it, I have heard of sweet cream. Then I thought well what the heck is Cookies n Cream? I looked up the ingredients and there is no vanilla. Chocolate Chip also no vanilla.

Let it be heretofore known that I am not an ice cream expert. I must now go out and eat a lot more ice cream in pursuit of my foodee education

Oh, and so I don't derail the thread my favorite is Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter cup ice cream. I like it because the ice cream is peanut butter flavored, not vanilla or chocolate. I'd like to try Baskin Robbins York Peppermint Patty ice cream, though. I think that could be a close second.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."-Albert Pine
cute_obese_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #31
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
OMG, I MUST find that flavor. I love fleur de sel caramels!! And I would try that oyster shell scenario but someone else needs to eat the raw oysters. It won't be me!

Gawd that sounds like a hot date. srsly.

I got it. And another flavor called carmelized pear and toasted pecan which came very highly recommended. I will be tasting at least one of them tonight, after I make pasta salad for a BBQ tomorrow. It will be my reward

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #32
Victim
Oasis is JUST A BAND.

Victim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions community

As far as novelties go, I like Snickers ice cream bars, and Colonel Crunch bars, which are best described as a strawberry cheesecake ice cream bar with crunchy bits on the outside.

Chocholate chip mint is my favorite regular flavor.
Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:04 PM   #33
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
I got it. And another flavor called carmelized pear and toasted pecan which came very highly recommended. I will be tasting at least one of them tonight, after I make pasta salad for a BBQ tomorrow. It will be my reward

MUST... HAVE... where does everyone find these great flavors? Please report back once you've eaten them!
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #34
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet&fat View Post
MUST... HAVE... where does everyone find these great flavors? Please report back once you've eaten them!
They were just in the regular grocery store. Not even one of the bigger ones. And...I did taste them both. And they are both heavenly. I adore the fleur de sel. There is a good quantity of the candy in it, and each time I got a piece I was SO happy. The salt is noticeable - in a good way! The caramel ribbons have a hint of salt. I just wanted to gobble it all down.

And the pear? Be sure you let it get a little soft...the flavor just bursts! It is made from condensed pear juice with pieces of pear - I loved it. And the toasted pecans added just the right contrast (and a bit of a salty taste!)

These are the sexiest ice creams I have ever eaten. Was a shame to be here alone!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

Last edited by SoVerySoft; 07-25-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:29 AM   #35
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Klondike bars...

This is my ice cream of choice:

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #36
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.

my ice cream of choice is brand new...it is a peach ice cream with bits of ripe peaches and toasted pecans mixed with it...ask Risible about it...she made it.....OHHHHHHHHHHHHH LORDY, must have more (Homer like drool)

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #37
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have no picture and I have no brand to name names of but I love love love Cardamom ice cream. The little corner shop where I used to live in Newcastle stocked a gorgeous Cardamom Kulfi and I miss it dearly.
Only just noticed this.....would said corner shop be Rehils on Jesmond Road? They stock gooood cardamom icecream there!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #38
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_obese_girl View Post
my favorite is Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter cup ice cream. I like it because the ice cream is peanut butter flavored, not vanilla or chocolate.
This sounds like it would be my favourite icecream ever! Why doesn't the UK get the good flavours?! *sulks*

My faves are cardamom icecream, cinnamon icecream (very rare!) and haagendaaz's pralines and cream. Mmm creamy, lol!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #39
Red

Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
Only just noticed this.....would said corner shop be Rehils on Jesmond Road? They stock gooood cardamom icecream there!
Go to Fenham and check out the little Indian sweet shop called Aishas (lush sweets and lots of tasty savory treats) just off Brighton Grove. A few doors down from there on the corner is an Indian supermarket, sells loads of nice stuff, man I miss those shops!
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:35 AM   #40
Ashlynne
Where's my iced coffee?

Ashlynne is a member of the 500 clubAshlynne is a member of the 500 clubAshlynne is a member of the 500 clubAshlynne is a member of the 500 clubAshlynne is a member of the 500 clubAshlynne is a member of the 500 club

I love this treat during summer heatwaves. Heavenly!

Old 07-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #41
Big Butt Asshley
Big Booty & A Smile

Big Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going on

Kandy Kakes (he refers to them as "Black Cake") are my son's FAVORITE snack. I must find this ice cream for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
This is one I'd love to try, but I haven't found it around here. Grew up in Tastykake and Turkey Hill land, though.
Big Butt Asshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #42
~nai'a~

~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed

I know it's in Canada............ It's worth the look....

Go see, it's a pleasure for the eyes... It's in french but click where you can...

You will dream ice cream and gelato tonight....

http://www.tuttogelato.ca/
Old 07-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #43
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ok the Tasty Kake ice cream looks amazing...must....find!

I have a cute recipe for Granola "Fried" Ice Cream with Red Cinnamon Sauce. I haven't tried it out yet but when I do I'll post how it turned out.
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 PM   #44
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love ice cream with all my heart. My favorites are cinnamon and licorice.

I remember when I was a child you could get an icecream that was in the shape of a hamburger. An ice cream hamburger.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #45
~nai'a~

~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed

For the fun of it.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ice%20cream%20bulbs.jpg (47.4 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg chanel_ice_cream.jpg (24.3 KB, 224 views)
Old 07-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #46
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~nai'a~ View Post
Form the fun of it.....
Love those light fixtures. Too cute!!! (especially the curly-Q "soft serve" bulbs on the right)
Old 07-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #47
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~nai'a~ View Post
For the fun of it.....

Oh too cute!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:59 PM   #48
Littleghost
Oh, Frickenstein.

Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandoz View Post
They are that good. But I've been Choco Taco free for about 6 years now
The Taco Bells around here don't really carry them anymore. It's a sad state of affairs that some of them don't even know what I'm talking about. Yo quiero head on a stick, Mr. Supply Manager.

However I still have you, dreamsicle.
The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. The test of a first rate wallpaper is to wipe clean easily when the previous fails.
Littleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:28 AM   #49
Shosh
Susannah

N5CABNA3E7CA90QQ1HCA8OVPPYCAN1CYCYCADFDFBICA5WXWW9CA5X8M8ECA1S2P9XCAB506NVCA0U9QP6CA8T72NLCAUIU1UKCA

Just for SVS. It's a Tim Tam icecream.

That didn't work! Boo Hoo!

Last edited by Shosh; 07-29-2008 at 04:31 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:30 AM   #50
Shosh
Susannah

I was trying to insert a pic of a Tim Tam icecream. They are yummy.

Sorry the pic didnt work.