Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 07-03-2014, 06:10 AM   #1051
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emnem0x View Post
One of my brothers just went to the hospital psych ward the other day because of his depression issues... being suicidal and such. Please keep him in your thoughts. We don't always see on the same page but I hope that he is okay and prayed for him, I imagine you all somewhat know how he feels but he just couldn't take it anymore. His ex left him high and dry (literally he was on a bunch of drugs and has no money apparently) depressed out of his mind after he spent all his money putting her through rehab and then she ran off with some other guy... so he's having troubles right now.
Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:35 AM   #1052
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hope your brother gets the help he needs an starts to feel better. Lots of positive thoughts being sent his way.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #1053
petersmyth79

petersmyth79 does more than just post hot picspetersmyth79 does more than just post hot picspetersmyth79 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Welcome to the thread, there are a lot of great people here that struggle just like you and give a lot of support and understanding.

I'm sorry you don't feel like you can talk to the people in your life but I can totally relate. Have you talked to your Dr. though? There might be support systems they can recommend for you or maybe you can talk about the option of medication.

I personally try to not be too hard on myself when I feel really down. Make time to do the things that make you happy. All work and no play doesn't help ANYONE. I feel better if I eat well and sleep well and breathe some fresh air.

I hope you start to feel better soon and stop by here anytime if you need to vent.

Tina
G'day Tina,
I am not as bad as i was. Thank you for your support it feels great to know that people like you care if anyone wants to add me to their skype account: WICKEDXE
petersmyth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:22 AM   #1054
petersmyth79

petersmyth79 does more than just post hot picspetersmyth79 does more than just post hot picspetersmyth79 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
for the first time in my life long struggle with depression, i have actually lost my appetite. I have to force myself to eat. I'm eating maybe a third of what i did. I am not complaining though. It's cheaper for me to eat less. I'm just in one of those deep valleys and i'm clawing to crawl out of it.
I'm very sorry you have been down, you are awesome! if you ever need someone to talk to my skype user name is: wickedxe
petersmyth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #1055
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I hope things for everybody in this thread are starting to look up. I wouldn't wish depression on anybody but I know you are all strong people and will get through it.

I recently experienced full-on depression for the first time in several years. I have had depression my whole life but my medication has worked wonders reducing the symptoms these last few years. It makes the difference between being too depressed to try and actually being able to make an effort to improve things for myself.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I saw a new psychiatrist for my anxiety, as after me and my ex broke up I started having panic attacks in my own house and was generally struggling. She wanted to change my antidepressants to ones that work better for anxiety as well as depression and I was happy with that. But not only did she not remember what medication she prescribed me (she phoned me up several days later asking me what tablets she had given me) she also gave me the wrong information on dosage. She told me in the meeting to take one tablet a day until my next meeting with her (a month later) and we would see whether or not we needed to increase the tablets then. Sounded good.

For the first week it was good, my anxiety reduced and I was relieved. Then these past two weeks I have just been in a haze of depression I haven't felt for years, struggling to eat, getting no pleasure for it, not talking to anybody online or in real life and refusing to wash or leave the house. A few days ago we needed to get more tablets from my GP where they informed me that the proper dose for my medication was one tablet a day for the first week and then two tablets a day... and that is what she had told them in her letter to them, so they had had a prescription for extra medication ready for me for two weeks without telling me. These past three days or so I have been taking two tablets everyday and my depression has almost completely lifted, it feels like waking up from a bad dream. Can't say I am happy with the psychiatrist for this but I am glad to be feeling a bit better.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #1056
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Your post....
((((((gentlest hugs to you)))))) Glad you are feeling better

Child of the ocean.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #1057
spookytwigg
Have an A-1 day

spookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging in

So I've not been on the board in ages, my depression has been keeping me from wanting to be online. I'd been on some anti-depressants for absolutely ages and although I'd felt them lessening in use I just couldn't get myself to go to the doctors to get them changed.

Hopefully the new ones will be good, but I've just had to go through withdrawl from the first set and then there's a couple of weeks till the next set kicks in properly.

Good luck to everyone else on here who's suffering.
spookytwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:42 PM   #1058
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookytwigg View Post
Hopefully the new ones will be good....
Wishing you well on adjusting to the new meds and hope things will start improving for you overall.

Child of the ocean.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #1059
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Something's gotta give, man.

And soon.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #1060
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm going through something that i just zone out. I stare blankly into space and almost tune the world out. Can't really help it but it's just a momentary escape.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #1061
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I feel like nothing.
Numb.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:34 PM   #1062
Surlysomething

Trust issues.
Self loathing.

Rinse, repeat.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #1063
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is me.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #1064
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
This is me.
Agreed. GPOY.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #1065
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Trying to stay afloat
Old 08-28-2014, 05:10 AM   #1066
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm going through a medication change at the moment and the withdrawals are horrible. I was on this medication for four years and it wasn't working very well and they kept putting up my dosage because of it. In general it wasn't very effective. I was having problems with side effects so the psychiatrist suggested I try a new medication. Well with this new medication I'm on the lowest dosage. I guess I wasn't as mentally ill as I thought. I wish I had changed medication years ago and not have to have gone through this. Now I've been putting up with weeks of withdrawals as I slowly go down the four dosages. It's an emotional roller coaster and at times I've been suicidal. I haven't felt this bad since my sister died.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:53 AM   #1067
Surlysomething

Ugh. I feel you on this one as the whole changing medication thing can be so challenging and scary. I went from one to another some years ago and I felt like driving my car into oncoming traffic.

Hang in there though and hopefully things smooth out and you start feeling more upbeat. Always reach out to someone if you're feeling particularly bad, but you know this already.

Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah View Post
I'm going through a medication change at the moment and the withdrawals are horrible. I was on this medication for four years and it wasn't working very well and they kept putting up my dosage because of it. In general it wasn't very effective. I was having problems with side effects so the psychiatrist suggested I try a new medication. Well with this new medication I'm on the lowest dosage. I guess I wasn't as mentally ill as I thought. I wish I had changed medication years ago and not have to have gone through this. Now I've been putting up with weeks of withdrawals as I slowly go down the four dosages. It's an emotional roller coaster and at times I've been suicidal. I haven't felt this bad since my sister died.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:54 AM   #1068
Surlysomething

Hang in there. Be kind to yourself.

Breathe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
Trying to stay afloat
Old 08-29-2014, 05:20 AM   #1069
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Ugh. I feel you on this one as the whole changing medication thing can be so challenging and scary. I went from one to another some years ago and I felt like driving my car into oncoming traffic.

Hang in there though and hopefully things smooth out and you start feeling more upbeat. Always reach out to someone if you're feeling particularly bad, but you know this already.

Take care!
Thank you for the support! You describe the feeling of withdrawals well.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #1070
Surlysomething

I just did one of the scariest things i've ever done in my entire life.

I asked for help.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #1071
lille

Quote:

I asked for help.
I'm so proud of you. It's not an easy thing to do.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:16 PM   #1072
Jack Secret
tickle my amygdala

Jack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

I asked for help.
Congratulations!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:25 PM   #1073
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm hoping that if I get this job, when I go to the doctor next month I'll be able to mention my depression and anxiety and get some help for it. Medication or otherwise... I need money for meds, and even with insurance, I have no income... so praying for this job, and praying that I have the strength to actually mention my depression rather than just ignoring it like I've done my entire life. I've just really been out of it lately...
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #1074
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I asked for help.
That's a huge step, and I congratulate you for having the guts to do it.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:34 PM   #1075
Surlysomething

Thanks, everyone.

I've had medical help before...this is actually help from getting out from underneath something that's making my life pretty horrible and needs to be dealt with.

I feel a huge relief though. I cried the whole time I asked for help but at the same time I felt free for the first time in forever.

Tags
depression, health