Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 03-15-2015, 11:36 AM   #1176
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^That's actually a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
"...lots of acquaintances and few truly close friends....notes in my Outlook calendar to call such and such on a schedule. Even if I don't have anything to talk about I will still call just to let them hear my voice. We may only get together a few times a year, but I made sure I keep that contact."
Especially as you get older, it's important to remind yourself to invest regularly and consistently and somewhat proportionately in the relationships you get the most out of. And even the ones you just a little something out of.

It's a two-way street. And, I think, anything that helps to us to remember that it's not all about you can really a person help to get a bit outside of themselves and focus what's more important. This is just one of those qualities common to people who're generally happy.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:34 AM   #1177
Jack Secret
tickle my amygdala

Jack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
And, I think, anything that helps to us to remember that it's not all about you can really a person help to get a bit outside of themselves and focus what's more important. This is just one of those qualities common to people who're generally happy.
That is a great point to remember. I didn't consider that.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:21 AM   #1178
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Massive blowout with my father.
I let my guard down and he went in for the kill.

Fuck him.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:59 PM   #1179
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sorry that happened, Surly. It's awful when someone who's supposed to love/care for you goes for the jugular like that.

Someone close to me does something similar, and I don't really know the best way to handle it. I suppose it boils down to trying to decide whether you're generally better off with him in your life (perhaps within certain parameters and/or on the other side of that protective guard you mentioned) or whether it's best to distance yourself from him completely. I'm still struggling with that one myself. Hugs to you.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:01 AM   #1180
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm sad you're going through something similar, life is crazy enough.

The up-side is he finally said the one thing i've known my entire adult life: He doesn't like me.

Haha

Again, fuck him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Sorry that happened, Surly. It's awful when someone who's supposed to love/care for you goes for the jugular like that.

Someone close to me does something similar, and I don't really know the best way to handle it. I suppose it boils down to trying to decide whether you're generally better off with him in your life (perhaps within certain parameters and/or on the other side of that protective guard you mentioned) or whether it's best to distance yourself from him completely. I'm still struggling with that one myself. Hugs to you.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:37 AM   #1181
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Massive blowout with my father.
I let my guard down and he went in for the kill.

Fuck him.
Quote:
I'm sad you're going through something similar, life is crazy enough.

The up-side is he finally said the one thing i've known my entire adult life: He doesn't like me.

Haha

Again, fuck him!
I so know how this goes. Sometimes it turns out to be a damn pity that we naturally revere our parents so much as small children. It's not easy to take back that kind of power from a person.

But you've done it and you're still doing it.

And in a society where it's rather unconventional to say such things about your father (because.... because..... he's your father ) I'm going to back you up 100%. If he can't see your worth, if what you feel the need to do is constantly have your guard up with him around, then fuck him very much indeed.

<3
ODFFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #1182
Surlysomething

He's made his issues a part of who i've become. How I view myself. How I handle my life (or don't handle it). Why I want/wanted so much approval i'll never truly know.

I had been doing so well buffering him but he stepped up a bit lately and acted like I meant something, in turn I was a bit more vulnerable. NEVER AGAIN. He was cruel, immature, and not talking sense about a lot of things. He really just wanted to hurt me. Push the knife in deeper.

He's not a nice person to me. For that matter, he's not very nice to a lot of people he actually knows. At all.

I wanted to say that it was comforting hearing you say you understand, but it's not. I don't wish this kind of abuse on anyone.

Live your life for yourself, no one else. NO ONE ELSE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
I so know how this goes. Sometimes it turns out to be a damn pity that we naturally revere our parents so much as small children. It's not easy to take back that kind of power from a person.

But you've done it and you're still doing it.

And in a society where it's rather unconventional to say such things about your father (because.... because..... he's your father ) I'm going to back you up 100%. If he can't see your worth, if what you feel the need to do is constantly have your guard up with him around, then fuck him very much indeed.

<3
Old 03-22-2015, 07:57 PM   #1183
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Really not in a good place tonight. My boyfriend is over at his parents' so I can't call him.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:47 AM   #1184
Jack Secret
tickle my amygdala

Jack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
Really not in a good place tonight. My boyfriend is over at his parents' so I can't call him.
Hope you're in a better place today even if it is Monday
Old 06-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #1185
Surlysomething

Some days I hate myself so much I have no words.

Today is one of those days.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:04 PM   #1186
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I normally feel sorta crappy after I come after visiting my boyfriend but this is hitting me like a ton of bricks. I thought a good night's sleep would help but I barely dragged myself out of bed at 1:30 this afternoon. I showered, took some things out of my suitcase, and mailed some paperwork. I'm ready to crawl back into bed.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:25 PM   #1187
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Some days I hate myself so much I have no words.

Today is one of those days.
Quote:
I normally feel sorta crappy after I come after visiting my boyfriend but this is hitting me like a ton of bricks. I thought a good night's sleep would help but I barely dragged myself out of bed at 1:30 this afternoon. I showered, took some things out of my suitcase, and mailed some paperwork. I'm ready to crawl back into bed.
You're both in my thoughts often. Like genuinely, that's not something I'm just saying to say it. You've both been so supportive and amazing to me over these past few months - my worst yet. For that, and because I feel a kinship, your health and happiness will always be something I'm relentlessly rooting for.
ODFFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:59 PM   #1188
lille

Quote:
You're both in my thoughts often. Like genuinely, that's not something I'm just saying to say it. You've both been so supportive and amazing to me over these past few months - my worst yet. For that, and because I feel a kinship, your health and happiness will always be something I'm relentlessly rooting for.

Thanks. You're in my thoughts as well. It's nice to feel like there's someone who cares and doesn't feel burdened be me talking about how I'm feeling
Old 06-19-2015, 09:36 AM   #1189
Surlysomething

Thank you. I find comfort on this board so much and appreciate everyone sharing their struggles. xoxx

Quote:
Old 11-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #1190
lille

It flailing up majorly for the first time since I've been living here. I've had a few home sick days and things like that, but not this want to sleep all day, feel like I'm going to cry for no reason, isolated feeling.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #1191
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
It flailing up majorly for the first time since I've been living here. I've had a few home sick days and things like that, but not this want to sleep all day, feel like I'm going to cry for no reason, isolated feeling.
It will be okay, you'll get through this, you are strong. Much positive vibes coming your way. <3
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:51 PM   #1192
lille

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
It will be okay, you'll get through this, you are strong. Much positive vibes coming your way. <3
Thanks. I did give my boyfriend a heads up that this is typically the hardest time of year for me. I'm going to try to make a conscious effort not to isolate myself and to keep busy. I took the pup to the dog park today and that was good.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:40 AM   #1193
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I feel you lille! I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), so I experience depression this time of year, basically right into the spring months.

I've been struggling to stay awake, with awful headaches and low spirits for about two weeks now. And I have an ongoing, major case of the "fukkits" with work and anything "hard". I know within the next month the being unable to think/express myself/unable to stay awake/crying is going to kick up...

This year doesn't look like it will be as bad as some, but two years ago was so bad I was basically crying each night, was emotionally all over the place, and was unable to focus or even stay awake. Big hugs!!!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:25 PM   #1194
lille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
I feel you lille! I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), so I experience depression this time of year, basically right into the spring months.

I've been struggling to stay awake, with awful headaches and low spirits for about two weeks now. And I have an ongoing, major case of the "fukkits" with work and anything "hard". I know within the next month the being unable to think/express myself/unable to stay awake/crying is going to kick up...

This year doesn't look like it will be as bad as some, but two years ago was so bad I was basically crying each night, was emotionally all over the place, and was unable to focus or even stay awake. Big hugs!!!
This time of year is aways worst for me, peaking around Christmas. I was hoping the warmer weather down here would help. I'm just going to learn how to let my boyfriend see the not so pretty parts, without using him as a crutch/excuse to totally fall apart.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #1195
lille

So it's not exactly depression related but this where I feel most comfortable talking about my mental health. I've gotten back into counseling and have been going for about 2 months now. We're starting to dig in and do real trauma work. I know it's good for me but it sucks. Last session wasn't as bad but after the first session I was jittery and on edge and raw for days. I'm also frustrated with myself because there are so many holes in my memory. I have a poor memory in general but there are just so many gaps. I hate telling my therapist that nope, still don't remember any more details. My clinician brain tells me that's normal and a defense mechanism but it's still so frustrating and I can't help but feel disappointed in myself.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:53 AM   #1196
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
So it's not exactly depression related but this where I feel most comfortable talking about my mental health. I've gotten back into counseling and have been going for about 2 months now. We're starting to dig in and do real trauma work. I know it's good for me but it sucks. Last session wasn't as bad but after the first session I was jittery and on edge and raw for days. I'm also frustrated with myself because there are so many holes in my memory. I have a poor memory in general but there are just so many gaps. I hate telling my therapist that nope, still don't remember any more details. My clinician brain tells me that's normal and a defense mechanism but it's still so frustrating and I can't help but feel disappointed in myself.
I can definitely empathise with this. Therapy, whilst helpful, can be hugely draining and leave you so vulnerable and raw to everything for ages afterwards. You just have to remind yourself that that means you are remembering things and uncovering things inside yourself and that's the first step to recovering and overcoming them. It's easy to get frustrated with yourself, I know, but try and be as patient as you can. I know you wouldn't get frustrated with anyone else in this situation so try and remind yourself how patient and understanding you would be with other people in that situation.

You are doing great.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:48 AM   #1197
lille

Thanks loopy. I just need to remember to treat myself as gently as I do my clients.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:54 PM   #1198
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post

Aren't there some special light bulbs or something that provide full-spectrum light that can mitigate SAD?
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:19 PM   #1199
lille

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
Aren't there some special light bulbs or something that provide full-spectrum light that can mitigate SAD?

Yes, my mom used to have one and my undergraduate school had some that students could use for free.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #1200
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Tonight is a bad night, my mind is eating at itself, I can't help it. I'm in a weird emotional episode I can't crawl out of, so instead I am crawling into a bottle of rum. I don't choose the best ways to handle this shit, but I am trying to distract myself. I wish I understood myself.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
depression, health