Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 10-10-2016, 10:41 PM   #1201
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

I hope you feel better. Drinking to deal with sorrow gets a bad rap. It's a terrible long-term solution (which I re-learned a month ago) but when depression hits hard the most important thing is to just get through it.
Personally I think I'd be happier (i.e. happy at all) if I understood myself a little less.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:05 AM   #1202
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I wish so much that I could take all the depression away from you guys so you don't have to deal with pain and upset you don't deserve. If I could have a superpower, that would definitely be it. If any of you ever need to talk about things, my inbox is always open. Just remember that getting through things day by day, hour by hour, makes you strong and successful. I'm proud of you all for still being here and everything you've accomplished.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:01 AM   #1203
Sculptor

Sculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
I hope you feel better. Drinking to deal with sorrow gets a bad rap. It's a terrible long-term solution (which I re-learned a month ago) but when depression hits hard the most important thing is to just get through it.
Personally I think I'd be happier (i.e. happy at all) if I understood myself a little less.
This is the only preachy thing I will ever type here (and I apologize in advance) because it's about drinking to solve problems and it hits really close to home: you'll learn a lot later if you stick with it because you need a liver to live and it's a horrible ending, not just for you but for people around you who will never forget. You will slowly starve to death. Imagine your friends and family or children watching you slowly starve to death the next time you think drinking or drugs will help you feel better. Try exercising more (this is really important), being grateful for who you are, spending more time with loved ones or meeting new people if you don't have any family or friends, putting yourself in situations that scare you, trying new hobbies, taking classes, volunteering, and seeing a counselor that doesn't try to give you tablets on the first visit. I think you're wrong about wanting to know yourself a little less; I think it's just the opposite if you want to treat yourself right. Everyone's got a purpose and channeling yourself into the champion of that role would help anyone; and, like everyone knows about champions: they're never born that way, they're cultivated.
Sculptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:27 PM   #1204
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

You're right of course, and that's why I noted it's a terrible long-term coping mechanism. But sometimes just getting through this regardless of the means is the most important thing. At least in my experience.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:05 PM   #1205
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb

Is there a word for the moment you realize that you can remember being happy in the past but you can't remember what happiness feels like anymore? It seems like there should be some word for it, possibly in German. Like "schmertzblochen" or something similar.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:08 PM   #1206
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Since my last post in this thread, I've had a lot happen. My diagnosis was changed from chronic depression to bipolar II. Bipolar II is where the "up" swings are much less dramatic than is typical for bipolar disorder. In my case, my "up" phases make me feel normal. I don't have episodes of mania, I just have episodes of "not depressed." Sadly, they're pretty short compared to my "down" phases. My upswings are rare and last less than a day.

A year ago I spent time in-patient at a community based mental health facility. It was more a temporary group home with a psych nurse on duty than anything else. Nice enough, and much better than being in a loony bin. I had myself admitted, because if I didn't I would have offed myself for sure. A two week stay had me on better footing by the end of it, and I was fast tracked into counseling. Getting mental health care here is a pain in the ass unless you are a danger to yourself or others. Or rich enough to pay out of pocket.

I'm doing sorta kinda okay now. I have good and bad days, of course. Today wasn't an okay day. Today was a hide from the world day, and I mostly did. I had to venture out once, but I didn't like it.

The big question of "why am I here and what purpose do I serve" is still unanswered. At least I'm still around to ask it. That's a victory.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:28 PM   #1207
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
The big question of "why am I here and what purpose do I serve" is still unanswered.
For some reason it usually annoys me when people agree by responding with "This." but seriously This. Holy shit This.
I've been trying to figure this out for 25 years and, aside from a couple years recently where I thought I'd answered it, I'm about as close to figuring it out as I am the Theory of Everything.
I guess that's not very encouraging...

I'm glad you're still around to ask it too.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #1208
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default The best medicine of all

Quote:
Since my last post in this thread, I've had a lot happen. My diagnosis was changed from chronic depression to bipolar II. Bipolar II is where the "up" swings are much less dramatic than is typical for bipolar disorder. In my case, my "up" phases make me feel normal. I don't have episodes of mania, I just have episodes of "not depressed." Sadly, they're pretty short compared to my "down" phases. My upswings are rare and last less than a day.

A year ago I spent time in-patient at a community based mental health facility. It was more a temporary group home with a psych nurse on duty than anything else. Nice enough, and much better than being in a loony bin. I had myself admitted, because if I didn't I would have offed myself for sure. A two week stay had me on better footing by the end of it, and I was fast tracked into counseling. Getting mental health care here is a pain in the ass unless you are a danger to yourself or others. Or rich enough to pay out of pocket.

I'm doing sorta kinda okay now. I have good and bad days, of course. Today wasn't an okay day. Today was a hide from the world day, and I mostly did. I had to venture out once, but I didn't like it.

The big question of "why am I here and what purpose do I serve" is still unanswered. At least I'm still around to ask it. That's a victory.
Dromond -

I hope this response does not sound facetious, flippant or dismissive. I, too, had numerous periods of depression, mostly in my 40s and 50s. I was given everything in the pharmacopeia and, as with most medicines, had little relief and many side effects. Mysteriously (or not) most disappeared after marrying Mrs Ho Ho, my Partner, Friend and Lover.

I relayed your comments to her, adding my own. A highly abbreviated version of that response is posted, below.

"I think we (Mrs Ho Ho and I) are closer to answering that question than most. We are here to explore - to ask the unanswerable questions. We are here for others. Most of all, we are here for each other."

It is said that laughter is the best medicine. That special kind of laughter, which comes unbidden from the joy you feel in helping someone else, is the best medicine of all.

By the way, while we express it differently, I quite agree with Cobra's comments.

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."

Last edited by Ho Ho Tai; 10-17-2016 at 04:57 PM. Reason: addition
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:08 AM   #1209
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I definitely understand what you mean here. After a whole lifetime of anxiety and depression and pain, the only time the doctors made any real effort for me was when my family went to the doctors in tears because they realised I was planning on ending myself. Even then, they still let me wander around outside on my own for hours. As it happens, my attempts at ending my life failed (obviously). Seeing as how my brother committed suicide when he was around that age you'd have thought they'd have done more to help, but... and now I'm not suicidal anymore I literally get no help at all whatsoever.

Oddly enough, the professional/paid psychatrists I saw were the worst by far. One even told me I was beyond help and would never get better and there was no point seeing me anymore. Turns out I'm not 'beyond help' or 'not trying', I'm autistic and that's why their therapies don't work on me.

Quote:
Quote:
For some reason it usually annoys me when people agree by responding with "This." but seriously This. Holy shit This.
I've been trying to figure this out for 25 years and, aside from a couple years recently where I thought I'd answered it, I'm about as close to figuring it out as I am the Theory of Everything.
I guess that's not very encouraging...

I'm glad you're still around to ask it too.
I'm glad both of you are still around to ask it. I have asked this question a lot, especially as I can't work so I rely on government benefits to survive and sometimes it seems like I'm nothing but a drain on society. The best conclusion I've come to is that there is purpose/reason for us being here as individuals so all we can do is live the best life we can and try and put as much positivity into the world as possible. Cliche as that is.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:47 AM   #1210
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I definitely understand what you mean here. After a whole lifetime of anxiety and depression and pain, the only time the doctors made any real effort for me was when my family went to the doctors in tears because they realised I was planning on ending myself. Even then, they still let me wander around outside on my own for hours. As it happens, my attempts at ending my life failed (obviously). Seeing as how my brother committed suicide when he was around that age you'd have thought they'd have done more to help, but... and now I'm not suicidal anymore I literally get no help at all whatsoever.

Oddly enough, the professional/paid psychatrists I saw were the worst by far. One even told me I was beyond help and would never get better and there was no point seeing me anymore. Turns out I'm not 'beyond help' or 'not trying', I'm autistic and that's why their therapies don't work on me.

I'm glad both of you are still around to ask it. I have asked this question a lot, especially as I can't work so I rely on government benefits to survive and sometimes it seems like I'm nothing but a drain on society. The best conclusion I've come to is that there is purpose/reason for us being here as individuals so all we can do is live the best life we can and try and put as much positivity into the world as possible. Cliche as that is.
I've had similar experience, though no one in my (immediate) family has killed themselves. It's kind of remarkable to think how unless you have a noose around your neck family are reluctant to get involved. I assume they wouldn't just walk by someone laying on the ground with a broken leg, but when it's mental it seems like the rules are different. Maybe (hopefully) we're both unlucky and other people generally have better supports.
I don't have autism but all of the professional psychiatrists and social workers I've seen have been useless. Oddly, the only good ones were younger and still in training. I know that's anecdotal but it confirms my cynicism of the profession.

I'm starting to notice my contributions to this thread (the people closest to you are unreliable/mental health professionals are useless/you can be totally lost for most of two-and-a-half decades/bottoms up!) aren't super optimistic...

You shouldn't feel the slightest bit bad or guilty about relying on public benefits, those services are there precisely for people in your position who can't work. It's not as if you just don't feel like it. I couldn't work when I was younger and if I didn't take advantage of mental health services that I wasn't paying for then I would've died and wouldn't have later been able to contribute anything at all to society or help anyone else. Helping someone survive is about as noble a use of public money as I can think of.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:27 AM   #1211
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
I've had similar experience, though no one in my (immediate) family has killed themselves. It's kind of remarkable to think how unless you have a noose around your neck family are reluctant to get involved. I assume they wouldn't just walk by someone laying on the ground with a broken leg, but when it's mental it seems like the rules are different. Maybe (hopefully) we're both unlucky and other people generally have better supports.
I don't have autism but all of the professional psychiatrists and social workers I've seen have been useless. Oddly, the only good ones were younger and still in training. I know that's anecdotal but it confirms my cynicism of the profession.

I'm starting to notice my contributions to this thread (the people closest to you are unreliable/mental health professionals are useless/you can be totally lost for most of two-and-a-half decades/bottoms up!) aren't super optimistic...

You shouldn't feel the slightest bit bad or guilty about relying on public benefits, those services are there precisely for people in your position who can't work. It's not as if you just don't feel like it. I couldn't work when I was younger and if I didn't take advantage of mental health services that I wasn't paying for then I would've died and wouldn't have later been able to contribute anything at all to society or help anyone else. Helping someone survive is about as noble a use of public money as I can think of.
The most helpful things for my mental health were getting to move away from an abusive person and my medication. From what I can tell, I was born with a chemical imbalance in my brain causing my depression. When I'm not on my meds within days I turn suicidal and paranoid to the point where therapists can't work with me at all. My meds give me the clarity to work through my issues and as cliche as this is, they completely changed my life.

Oddly enough, the best therapist I ever had was an older lady who was the first person to accept that my problems didn't stem from issues relating to my brother's death. I mean, I love him, I miss him, but it happened a long time ago and I got over the pain of that many years ago. She also helped encourage me to get my own place and become stronger and healthier than I ever thought I would be.

Thank you so much for saying that, it really means so much. There's a lot of pressure on people to work and not be on benefits, as I'm sure you know, and it really gets to me sometimes. But I surprise myself with my strength and ability to cope with things all the time, so I'm hopeful that one day I'll be able to work enough to support myself without benefits, even if it takes me a lot longer to get to that point than most people.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:03 AM   #1212
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The "why am I here" question is a huge one to grapple with and I too am glad you all are here to keep asking it.

Loopy, I wanted to join in saying that there is absolutely no shame in being supported by the government. The majority of my clients receive government assistance and I am so glad that they have that option available to them. Fighting for your mental health is a full time job.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:43 PM   #1213
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb

Tangent, but is there that much assistance for mental health in Texas? I was under the impression that it was gutted a long time ago.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:56 PM   #1214
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Years ago I was in counseling for my depression (among other things). I never brought up the "Why am I here" question to my counselor but he told me about a book by Kurt Vonnegut.
It was about someone traveling through the galaxy, planet to planet, searching for the meaning of life. In the end, they come across some beings that resemble cockroaches. When asked why do we live, they answered "Why not?".

Very simple answer...that meant something to me. It made me laugh because, once again, I found myself feeling silly about some of the things I had been twisting about for so long.

That was it for me....why not? And I also realized in that counseling that I am much stronger and capable than I ever viewed myself to be.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:58 PM   #1215
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Tangent, but is there that much assistance for mental health in Texas? I was under the impression that it was gutted a long time ago.

It's certainly not great but there is state funded mental health insurance for people who qualify financially. Most of the clinics are super busy, they rarely answer their phones, and in some cases you see a psychiatrist over a computer, but it exists. I'm only familiar with the insistence for Dallas and 6 of the surrounding counties cause that's who the company I work for is funded through buts it's all changing in January and Medicaid is taking over. It can be a struggle even with private insurance though, actually it takes longer to see a psychiatrist usually if you have insurance. But yeah, in general, Texas sucks as far as mental health treatment goes, especially in rural counties.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:26 PM   #1216
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is my life.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/lauren-jar...ur-depression/
Old 10-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #1217
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb

Almost every one fits me, most of them daily. The only exceptions are:

1 & 10 - I don't give a shit anymore if people can tell.
Half of 11 - I know the reasons.

Does anyone have experience with support groups for depression? I tried it to-night and it reminded me why I hated it a dozen years ago. There's always one person with diarrhea of the mouth who prattles on for 5 minutes at a time with his "take" on what someone else has said and just repeats the same platitudes and buzz-terms ad nauseum. It's exhausting to deal with people who can't shut up and you can't really say "SHUT THE FUCK UP" in a support group, no matter how justified you would be. I...don't think I'll be returning.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:59 AM   #1218
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Does anyone have experience with support groups for depression? I tried it to-night and it reminded me why I hated it a dozen years ago. There's always one person with diarrhea of the mouth who prattles on for 5 minutes at a time with his "take" on what someone else has said and just repeats the same platitudes and buzz-terms ad nauseum. It's exhausting to deal with people who can't shut up and you can't really say "SHUT THE FUCK UP" in a support group, no matter how justified you would be. I...don't think I'll be returning.
I've never been to a support group for depression but I've been to 'confidence building' classes for people with anxiety and depression and found them utterly intolerable for the reasons you mentioned. I just left feeling irritated, which isn't the point of the group, I assume.

I mean, don't get me wrong, talking to people who go through the same things and who understand your experiences can be incredibly helpful. But you kinda have to actually like (or at least not hate) the person/people you are talking to or it doesn't really work.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:20 AM   #1219
Dromond
Old school

Yeah, it seems like there is always "that one guy" in every group.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:25 AM   #1220
lille

Loopy, your point is exactly why I think group therapy run by someone who is well versed in managing group dynamics and takes time to consider who they select for their group is so much more beneficial than a support group. You get the validation that you're not he only one struggling with these things with more structure and control so that ideally you don't get one person overtaking the conversation.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:33 AM   #1221
lille

Sorry for double posting but this is unrelated to my last comment and I didn't want to lump them together as one.

I need to talk to my counselor today about the fact that I've been having more frequent sometimes intrusive thoughts about suicide and self harm. They have less intensity than when they were less frequent, but it's gotten to the point where This past week I've had more days with them than without. I love my counselor and have felt pretty comfortable opening up about pretty much everything but this is always a really hard thing for me to discuss. And it's not something we've talked about in detail yet, just that I do have a history of self harming and what her approach to dealing with it is.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:19 AM   #1222
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
Loopy, your point is exactly why I think group therapy run by someone who is well versed in managing group dynamics and takes time to consider who they select for their group is so much more beneficial than a support group. You get the validation that you're not he only one struggling with these things with more structure and control so that ideally you don't get one person overtaking the conversation.
For me it was a volunteer group and the people running it aren't therapists. I actually liked that aspect of it and it made it easier for me to talk than it ever has been but I just can't deal with spending over 1/3 of the time listening to one person saying the same thing over and over. In fairness to the guy (who was quite nice and encouraged me to talk) it may not have been as bad if I didn't have a negative association with his voice. He sounded exactly like a particular fictional character which, ridiculously enough, causes memories of things that brought me there in the first place.
Though even in group therapy run by doctors in the past it has always seemed like 1 person always takes it over and if it's hard for you to talk you're basically just sitting there listening to someone else's therapy session. It's not anyone else's fault if it's hard for me to talk, but it's still not very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
I need to talk to my counselor today about the fact that I've been having more frequent sometimes intrusive thoughts about suicide and self harm. They have less intensity than when they were less frequent, but it's gotten to the point where This past week I've had more days with them than without. I love my counselor and have felt pretty comfortable opening up about pretty much everything but this is always a really hard thing for me to discuss. And it's not something we've talked about in detail yet, just that I do have a history of self harming and what her approach to dealing with it is.
Good luck sharing this with your counselor. I never can be honest as to how bad it is myself but I hope you can.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:28 AM   #1223
lille

The person running that group may have been a good therapist but not necessarily a good group therapist. It is not easy and takes a certain skill set. I ran art therapy groups at the psychiatric hospital where I am turned and even with all of that structure it could be really difficult.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:40 PM   #1224
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Sometimes I'm crying so hard on the inside but I'm smiling so softly on the outside as I go about my workday. I feel like I'm literally breaking into pieces and there is nothing left of my real self and I have disappeared and been lost and all that is left is the smile.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:33 PM   #1225
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb

I was just thinking today how I wish I could feign happiness (or at least mask sadness) at work. I can't be sure but I feel like people had noticed I was crying today. This isn't sustainable.

It sounds like hiding it isn't much of an improvement though.

Tags
depression, health