Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 07-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #26
tattooU

tattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized rep

You look adorable! Love the pink and brown combo
tattooU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:30 PM   #27
AlethaBBW
Fatniss Everdeen

AlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
I have no problem going sleeveless, but a bikini is where I'd probably get shy. I def wouldn't wear one at the pool I go to since it's at my gym, but I might wear one on the beach....
I tend to leap headlong into things. I went from dressing like I just stepped off the Mayflower to "Look! It's my belly!" attire within a couple of months. But yeah, try one at the beach. I think you'll be pleased by the positive response!

As for scars, I had my gallbladder out the old-fashioned way, so I have a seven inch surgical scar on the right side of my upper abdomen. I wear the two-piece suits anyway. If I had to endure the surgery, the least everyone else can do is to allow me to bare my scar.

And BigSexy, that is a smokin' bikini! Pink and black are my favorite colors, and it looks wonderful on you. That's pretty much the same style I wear.
AlethaBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #28
Kareda
Kare~N~da

Kareda does more than just post hot picsKareda does more than just post hot picsKareda does more than just post hot pics

BigSexy- you look Hot in that! I love that suit- very flattering on you!
Kareda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #29
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooU View Post
You look adorable! Love the pink and brown combo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareda View Post
BigSexy- you look Hot in that! I love that suit- very flattering on you!
Yes, it looks great. And if I were a guy I'd be too busy admiring the rest of you to care about or even notice the scar.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #30
SparkGirl
Life In The Fat Lane...

SparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticed
Default Beautiful...

Hey B...you look beautiful in that suit. It's perfect for you. you should wear it to the Labor Day bash!!!!! She always wears the cutest things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920 View Post
I have a scar too but I Have worn a bikini I did last year at Vegas as well as Philly bash. how ever i like a tankini a little better. Here is me in said bikini.

SparkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #31
daddyoh70
DYELB?

daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
Yes, it looks great. And if I were a guy I'd be too busy admiring the rest of you to care about or even notice the scar.
Thanks for pointing that out. I actually had to scroll back up and see what you were talking about.

"Don't ever shoot my Sunday joyride music down" Wesley Willis
daddyoh70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:40 PM   #32
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920 View Post
I have a scar too but I Have worn a bikini I did last year at Vegas as well as Philly bash. how ever i like a tankini a little better. Here is me in said bikini.
You look wonderful Berna. Really pretty.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #33
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyoh70 View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. I actually had to scroll back up and see what you were talking about.
I had said that I cant wear a bikini because I have a scar on my stomach. That is were it came from.
Others say that they dont really notice scars on other people, but I notice my own scar.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:46 PM   #34
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah View Post
You look wonderful Berna. Really pretty.
She's right, you know.

-Rusty
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:49 PM   #35
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I tend to leap headlong into things. I went from dressing like I just stepped off the Mayflower to "Look! It's my belly!" attire within a couple of months. But yeah, try one at the beach. I think you'll be pleased by the positive response!

As for scars, I had my gallbladder out the old-fashioned way, so I have a seven inch surgical scar on the right side of my upper abdomen. I wear the two-piece suits anyway. If I had to endure the surgery, the least everyone else can do is to allow me to bare my scar.

And BigSexy, that is a smokin' bikini! Pink and black are my favorite colors, and it looks wonderful on you. That's pretty much the same style I wear.
I had my gallbladder out in exactly the same way, and have the same size scar. We could be twins.
Maybe you have inspired me that it is ok. Thanks A.

Shosh
Old 07-23-2008, 01:11 AM   #36
NoWayOut

NoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareda View Post
One day, I hope to be as comfortable as you Asshley & Jaded! Thats fantastic! And I only hope the culture is changing because I think it would be easier for others like myself to truly embrace ourselves. Why I care what others think is beyond me *sigh* One day Ill get there though

Exile and Dre- glad you got some eye candy
You care what others think?

OK. I think you would look great in a bikini.
NoWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:23 AM   #37
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
You care what others think?

OK. I think you would look great in a bikini.
Well I can understand where Kareda is coming from. A lot of pressure is especially put on women more than men to look perfect, so it can make us feel afraid to venture out in public in a bikini etc.

Having said that Dims has given me a lot of confidence, and I have personally made the decision that I am going to swim at the beach this coming summer.
I have avoided the beach for so many years, but I actually love it, so why should I miss out on something that is so wonderful.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:03 AM   #38
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!

i'm so thrilled to pieces with all you gorgeous fatties wearing two pieces with impunity, and i completely envy your self confidence about it. i'm confident in a lot of other ways (the sleeveless thing has never really phased me, for example), but ehhh...no bikinis for me, anytime soon. yikes.
swimwear in general is a pretty big nightmare for me. i can't even really find a one-piece that fits me well. they really just don't make great swimmies for apples.
no big loss though, since i'm not a big swimmer or beach-goer. you need to wear hiking gear for most of the beaches around here anyways.
elle camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:29 AM   #39
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks ladies and gents it took A LOT of years to get me in that bad boy.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:06 AM   #40
missy_blue_eyez

missy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I dont own a bikini. When I went to the Boston bash I did think about purchasing one just to wear there but, for me, its just one of those insecurities that I dont think I am gonna get over for a while, whether im in a pool full of fatties and FA's or not. I have stretch marks on my stomach and I also have a couple of scars from when I was younger and wore jeans that cut into me a bit an rubbed and I was too embarassed to tell my mom that I needed new ones because she would go mad and throw a massive hissy fit about my weight so I just grinned and bore it.

Its so annoying at the minute though, I recently got back from a holiday in Greece and the whole of my body is uber tanned apart from my tummy, I look so ridiculous! I do wear tankinis as I find them much better than one-pieces due to my boobs.....tankinis give me more support then an ordinary costume. While we were in Greece though there were a couple of girls around our pool who were probably around a Uk 16-20ish who wore bikini's and they looked amazing....I jus wished I had their confidence!

I have so much respect for all the ladies here who do wear them!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:04 AM   #41
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle camino View Post
i'm so thrilled to pieces with all you gorgeous fatties wearing two pieces with impunity, and i completely envy your self confidence about it. i'm confident in a lot of other ways (the sleeveless thing has never really phased me, for example), but ehhh...no bikinis for me, anytime soon. yikes.
swimwear in general is a pretty big nightmare for me. i can't even really find a one-piece that fits me well. they really just don't make great swimmies for apples.
no big loss though, since i'm not a big swimmer or beach-goer. you need to wear hiking gear for most of the beaches around here anyways.
Okay, so I'm officially coming to the PNW and we are going shopping for a suit - you are just too foxy not to have one!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #42
tattooU

tattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized rep

i haven't even tried to shop for any swimwear this year. i agree with Elle, finding good pieces can be difficult for apples.

But yeah, she totally needs something! That much foxiness cannot so swimmin' in a t-shirt!

(personally, i just hang out next to the water with the pool boys and martinis )
tattooU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #43
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!

hahaha the last time i even needed a swimsuit was when i went kinda-swimming (in a giant hot tub - more like just floating around) with sasha and barb like over a year ago - it was this GIANT black skirted monstrosity of an old lady swimsuit that i'd bought at katherines like five years before, but it was the only one i'd ever worn that actually covered my gut and all that. so of course it was seriously massive.
i hated that thing so much that i 'accidentally' left it in the trunk of sasha's car and never asked for it back.

i am perfectly content to lounge in a cute dress and sip my G&T while other people swim.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #44
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
hahaha the last time i even needed a swimsuit was when i went kinda-swimming (in a giant hot tub - more like just floating around) with sasha and barb like over a year ago - it was this GIANT black skirted monstrosity of an old lady swimsuit that i'd bought at katherines like five years before, but it was the only one i'd ever worn that actually covered my gut and all that. so of course it was seriously massive.
i hated that thing so much that i 'accidentally' left it in the trunk of sasha's car and never asked for it back.

i am perfectly content to lounge in a cute dress and sip my G&T while other people swim.
I have one word for you.

TANKINI.

Seriously.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #45
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

i've tried those on too! at torrid and stuff, mostly because they're just CUTE - not out of any real need for a swimsuit.
problem is, honestly, no matter how big you are, you still have to be kinda...proportionately flat in front, for swimsuits of any kind to sit right. if your belly sticks out to any serious degree, you're pretty much screwed. and it's not the top (of a tankini OR a one-piece) that's the problem. it's the bottom. if it's a two piece, the bottom piece just rolls down and off, seriously. if it's a one piece...how to put this non-fappably. the bottom's got so much work to do covering my gut, that it just doesn't cover much of anything that's actually on the bottom. the only solution is really those aforementioned skirted suits, and for me the skirt has to be pretty dang long for it to do it's job. the skirted suits at torrid are WAY too short for me and end up looking like there's no skirt at all.
which leaves me with long-skirted granny suits. and at that point i'd really just rather not bother, until i actually am a granny.

c'est la vie de gras.

Last edited by elle camino; 07-23-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #46
ekmanifest

ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have to second the recommendation for a tankini. I am a BIG belly girl and the Old Navy tankini they have this year - works really great and I don't have any of those issues with it.

http://ssbbw-matchmaking.blogspot.com/
ekmanifest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #47
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

do you have hips, though? because i think those would help with the whole 'not losing your bottom' thing. like, gives the waistband SOMEthing to grab onto while your belly's making it roll down.
unfortunately i'm basically hip-free. essentially (with bikini bottoms, undies, what-have-you) it's like trying to put them on a huge upside-down cone. they're just going down, as soon as i actually move.
i've resolved the issue when it comes to undies (thank god - and lane bryant shapewear), but i know better than to push it with a swimsuit in public.

but honestly like i said - i'm lucky to live somewhere where i never really need a swimsuit. i'm just happy for the other fatties in muggier climates who have awesome and cute swimwear options nowadays that they might not have had in years past.
i'm fine sitting out on this one, really. :]
Old 07-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #48
ekmanifest

ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ekmanifest has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

OK . . . we won't force you to buy one . . . unless you come visit us So Cal dimmers - then it is a prerequisite.

http://ssbbw-matchmaking.blogspot.com/
ekmanifest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #49
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

hahaha, just so happens that the only thing that terrifies me more than having to wear a swimsuit, is southern california.
hehe.
thanks for the advice though, guys. good lookin out. <3.14
Old 07-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #50
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
hahaha, just so happens that the only thing that terrifies me more than having to wear a swimsuit, is southern california.
hehe.
thanks for the advice though, guys. good lookin out. <3.14
You'll just have to stick to looking foxy in everything else.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote