Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 07-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #1
BornfreeFA

BornfreeFA has said some nice things
Default Shorter BHMs

Now I know most women do prefer taller men... whether they are an FFA or not.

I'm just a hair under 5ft 8in and 235 lbs. I am actually average height for a male (I believe.)

Is height an important factor to FFAs?
BornfreeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:23 AM   #2
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Dibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm sure it's not for shorter women but for us taller women it can pose issues. For some women it doesn't bother them. I have dated shorter men before..but if I had a choice I would like the man to be as tall or taller than myself. I guess I like the all around big physic.
Dibaby35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:31 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

For sure height is a factor for many women. But I would suggest that on average it rates kind of like saying "breast size is a factor for a lot of men." That is, most might prefer taller/bigger, but for most it is probably not a deal breaker if they like the whole package. But for first impressions, or looking through an ad, or things like that, it probably matters more.

Just my impression as a guy who has been kicking around here for quite a while.

And for what it is worth, I'm only a shade over 5'8" myself, and sorry but 5'8" is on the low end of average these days in North America (average for adult men who are not yet shrinking from age is apparently about 5'10").

So, eh, being a bit on the short side doesn't help, but if you don't let it hold you back in how you act, it should not be a big factor.

Again, all just IMO.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:38 AM   #4
BornfreeFA

You are right about that... Most average women are 5ft 4in to 5ft 6in so with their heels on... We're about the same. Taller girls may or may not be crazy about my height.

My build is big all over... My legs just aren't that long. Inseam 30" is still a bit too long on me.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:43 AM   #5
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Dibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornfreeFA View Post
You are right about that... Most average women are 5ft 4in to 5ft 6in so with their heels on... We're about the same. Taller girls may or may not be crazy about my height.

My build is big all over... My legs just aren't that long. Inseam 30" is still a bit too long on me.
Your right most average women are about 5'5 so it shouldn't be a problem for you. It's just that even the shorter women seem to be grabbing up all the tall men too so our pool to pick from for the taller men is very slim. Damn you short women..LOL..kidding.
Dibaby35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:54 AM   #6
BornfreeFA

Chris Farley was about 5ft 8in I think... Do many FFA's find him sexy?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #7
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am only 5 feet even.. so it's all good to me...go figure how I ended up dating a guy 6'5 and 400+ recently?????...it's pretty akward for me in general, and I always said no interest to men over 6'2 prior to this......
Old 07-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
bigrugbybloke

bigrugbybloke can now change their title

height is an issue for the shorter bhm being only 5'4 but 300ish with plans to get to 350ish. 400 would probably be too big at my height maybe?
bigrugbybloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #9
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I hate to sound so shallow, but yeah, height REALLY matters to me. I'm 5'9 (and like to wear heels), and I don't think I could ever date someone who was less than 6'0. Even if he was really fat, being taller would still make me feel.....big...hulking...masculine. I feel small and feminine with a tall, heavy man, and that's basically how I need to feel to be satisfied with a relationship.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #10
Bountiful1966

Bountiful1966 can now change their title

Well i am 5'6" but it really doesnt matter to me. As long as he treats me with respect, thats all that matters to me.
Bountiful1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #11
cammy
bellyphile

cammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm 5'4" and hubby lies and claims he's 5'10" - when I'm in 3" heels, he isn't much taller than me - but he weighs more than twice me, so I'm good.
.:* .:*
cammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #12
squurp

squurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornfreeFA View Post
Now I know most women do prefer taller men... whether they are an FFA or not.

I'm just a hair under 5ft 8in and 235 lbs. I am actually average height for a male (I believe.)

Is height an important factor to FFAs?
Average height varies by ethnic descent, continent, and region. 5'8" is not what I'd call short, unless you are of particular african, or norwegian/swedish/finnish descent.
squurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #13
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

How you carry yourself is critical too - you can add height if you carry yourself upright and don't slouch. I'm 5'10.5", but most people assume I'm six feet on meeting me - because I was taught to carry myself straight. Square those shoulders!
fat hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #14
blimpy4000

blimpy4000 has said some nice things
Default ah man

sigh, looks like I fall in the below average line
I is 5"5'
this sucks, I WANT TO BE TALLER
aren't there girls who like the shorter guy?
blimpy4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:24 PM   #15
blimpy4000

Default no confidence

well, I am outstanding cause I'm kind of insane

but I don't have this "confidence" you speak of
so I have a problem

am I the shortest guy around?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #16
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Yes!!

I personally LOVE short stocky BHMs. Four of the hottest ones I have ever gone out with were 5'8 or 5'9 and ranged in weight from 185 to 250. I love the "soccer player" build.

sooo sexy.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:23 AM   #17
ThatOneGirl

ThatOneGirl has said some nice things

I think short guys are really hot. Even though I date a lot of tall guys, I always prefer shorter ones. But I"m pretty short, only like maybe sort of 5'4. So I like guys I can see eye to eye with. It gets awkward with tall guyys, even though I wouldn't hold being tall against someone. Sorry if this makes no sense. It's friday night,, so what do you expect?
ThatOneGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:36 AM   #18
Olga_NYC

Olga_NYC can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by squurp View Post
Average height varies by ethnic descent, continent, and region. 5'8" is not what I'd call short, unless you are of particular african, or norwegian/swedish/finnish descent.
Exactly.

The average Height for White Men in the US is actually 5'9''
And that for White Women is 5'4''

So a 5'4'' woman isn't short, she's average.

Although it's easy to believe that one is short when comparing with tall people. The ladies who said they are 5'9'' are way above average!

I am a bit below average myself lulz

But then again, the average height for the Mongoloid Race (Asian/Amerindian) ... is wayyyyy shorter than for White people.

I think it's like 5'1'' for Women and 5'5'' for Men.

Very, very different.

So putting one's height in the context of race is important, so as not to feel like there's something wrong with you, when there isn't :-)
Olga_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:49 AM   #19
IszyStone
Biter

IszyStone does more than just post hot picsIszyStone does more than just post hot picsIszyStone does more than just post hot picsIszyStone does more than just post hot pics

I am only 5'2" height still matters a lot to me...even though a lot of males are taller than me already I like the tall (in refrence to the average height) males more. I think I just like feeling really short. I definately go for guys that are 6' and up, but I have liked shorter so it's not set in stone.

wait I'm asian, pacific Islander, White, and Hispanic so where do I fit in with height...just thinkin about the post above mine...seriously though...what would be average more me...Now I'm all worried that I'm super short.

Last edited by IszyStone; 07-26-2008 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Realising I'm not average short or tall.
IszyStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:34 AM   #20
Olga_NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IszyStone View Post
wait I'm asian, pacific Islander, White, and Hispanic so where do I fit in with height...just thinkin about the post above mine...seriously though...what would be average more me...Now I'm all worried that I'm super short.

Aww I have the same problem

I'm even shorter though... 5.0

I'm Russian and Native American so judging by my height, I'm more like the Mongoloid side LOL

But yeah, I guess when you're multi-racial you're probably going to be more like one of your races than the other in height. Since you're also Mongoloid (Asian/Pacific Islander) it would be normal for you to be 5'2''

And I guess I'm normal too, judging by my dad's female relatives who are all like my height
Olga_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #21
Smite
Here Comes Your Man

Smite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized rep

5'11" is short?!?!?!
Old 07-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #22
MetalGirl
Wonk of Words

MetalGirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMetalGirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

To me height's not important. I've been attracted to guys shorter than me, taller than me, and the same height as me. Though, I've always had a soft spot for the short guys.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #23
AZ_Wolf
Lupus Maximus

AZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot pics

Most women I've dated have been around my height or a little taller mainly because I'm 5'3", so most women _are_ taller. Though I've also dated women as tall as 6' -- for me the only issue is if the woman has issues with it (and most do, as even this thread will demonstrate).

But since I've gained weight I think I can cover making a woman feel small or not -- I'm almost 220 now, so even if a woman is a number of inches taller than me, odds are pretty good I outweigh her by quite a bit, and if anything it even helps with the whole "contrast" thing which I also like quite a bit.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #24
blimpy4000

Default horray

Quote:
I personally LOVE short stocky BHMs. Four of the hottest ones I have ever gone out with were 5'8 or 5'9 and ranged in weight from 185 to 250. I love the "soccer player" build.

sooo sexy.
Quote:
I think short guys are really hot. Even though I date a lot of tall guys, I always prefer shorter ones. But I"m pretty short, only like maybe sort of 5'4. So I like guys I can see eye to eye with. It gets awkward with tall guyys, even though I wouldn't hold being tall against someone.

horray, than I still do have a chance.
all hope is not lost

I'm gonna do a little dance now
(does a little jig)
Old 07-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #25
Olga_NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smite View Post
5'11" is short?!?!?!
You're taller than average :-)