Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 03-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #1
Tragdor
Abide

Tragdor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTragdor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTragdor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Food, Sex, and Contemporary moral panic at Reason Magazine

http://www.reason.com/0603/cr.rb.curb.shtml

Saw this piece and thought it would be good to post since it relates to America's incessant Puritanism to Morgan Spurlock and fat prejudice.
Tragdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
saucywench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragdor
http://www.reason.com/0603/cr.rb.curb.shtml

Saw this piece and thought it would be good to post since it relates to America's incessant Puritanism to Morgan Spurlock and fat prejudice.
Good read, thanks for posting.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

One more reason why I love subscribing to... REASON!

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:33 PM   #4
Tragdor
Abide

Tragdor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTragdor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTragdor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane
One more reason why I love subscribing to... REASON!

I am thinking about doing that. Beats having to go to Barns and Noble to have to find it.
Tragdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #5
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's great when it shows up in the mailbox. I love every month.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:19 PM   #6
Arkveveen

Arkveveen has said some nice things
Thumbs up

Wow, an incredible site that is indeed. An incredible magazine. I have to agree with all those points there. It makes me extremely depressed to know there are such alarmists around, but awesome writers like that give me hope, so I do not resort to suicide.
Arkveveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:10 AM   #7
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh my Lord. I cannot STAND Morgan Spurlock.
moonvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #8
fatlane
Starting Arvist

Although that "Smoking Fry" experiment is kinda cool. I got fries from Wendy's, BK, McDonald's, and Sonic right here from December.

They have yet to liquefy. Awesome.

And that McDonald's stuff is nasty. But I didn't need a movie to tell me that.