Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #2201
cherylharrell
Always Mikes Big Girl

cherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going on

I think it suits you. Everyone is looking good as usual...
Old 09-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #2202
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
Love the poses, Tad. You look fine in checks. I prefer it to plain or striped shirts. It has a little more individuality and character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylharrell View Post
I think it suits you. Everyone is looking good as usual...
Thanks for the feedback!

Looking at the pics (well, pic now, took one of them down) I think I've figured out what was bothering me: the shoulders in it are too wide for my shoulders. The shoulder seam is actually hitting on my upper arm, and therefore it doesn't drape properly in the torso. Not a new issue for me, but worse than usual (My chest is fairly deep, front to back, but I'm not so wide, side to side). Not disastrous, but I think that explains why I had that feeling that something wasn't quite right. Ah well, I'll keep wearing it anyway.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #2203
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like the shirt enough, but it's definitely not a statement piece. Let's get you in some luscious color, Tad!
Old 09-21-2010, 12:58 PM   #2204
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
I like the shirt enough, but it's definitely not a statement piece. Let's get you in some luscious color, Tad!
Hey, I wear colour--I’m even wearing colour right now(ummm.....grey is a colour, right? It is a really nice grey…..)

I wear quite a bit of blue, some light purple or even a fairly intense burgundy. But I have fairly light coloring that can be easily washed out. The jewel tones that look great on my wife are not so good on me (they wear me, not the other way around). The more blended and muted colours that work well on me leave her looking like a corpse. (yes, lots of early mistakes where be bought clothes for the other in the colours that appealed to us, before we learned the right palettes for each other—thank you “Color Me Beautiful” for making it simple enough even for me! She’s a ‘winter’ and I’m a ‘Summer’ so we have very different palettes)
Old 09-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #2205
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

I wore this

Old 09-22-2010, 07:43 AM   #2206
sarie

sarie has super-sized repsarie has super-sized repsarie has super-sized repsarie has super-sized repsarie has super-sized rep

hi! :>

today i'm wearing a limeygreen cardi and ruffle blouse from jessica london, black trousers from avenue, and bow flats from target. i've also included a closeup of me face because i'm pretttttyyyyy excited about how well the inside of my wayfarers match the aforementioned cardigan :>

hope everyone is having a great week!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (20.8 KB, 402 views)
sarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #2207
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
OK, in colour.....

Last edited by Tad; 09-27-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #2208
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarie View Post

today i'm wearing a limeygreen cardi and ruffle blouse from jessica london, black trousers from avenue, and bow flats from target. i've also included a closeup of me face because i'm pretttttyyyyy excited about how well the inside of my wayfarers match the aforementioned cardigan :>
Hah, the way the sunglasses go with the cardi, gives a way glamorous sort of look to the whole set up
Old 09-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #2209
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
OK, in colour.....
You DO look even better in color, Tad.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #2210
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Sarie, you look fab in lime green, white and black, both fresh and dramatic. Tad, you need to stop teasing the gals with your sexy working man pose pics.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #2211
Tad
mostly harmless

Ah, I realized I’ve been skipping part of the tradition, the ‘where did the clothes come from’ part. The problem being, as is common for guys, this tends not to be really useful:

Burgundy shirt was a Christmas present a few years back, and the label is not a name I particularly recognized. Black pants in the picture with the burgundy shirt were bought while on a business trip in Germany four years ago, I forget what the store was called (although I can picture where in the store the pants were, and where in the mall the store was).

In the pic from last week with the checked shirt, the shirt was from Mark’s Work Wearhouse (OK, it was also a Christmas present, but I know the label). The black pants in that pic were from Sears Canada, their now seemingly discontinued ‘Prodigy’ private label (that is very frustrating, their other private label, Haggar, has a different fit and don’t work for me at all).

I was probably wearing the same shoes and belt in both pics (stuff I keep at work for when I bike in), but I have no idea where either one came from anymore.

And this concludes your lesson in ‘why there are not many fashion blogs centred around men in their forties.’
Old 09-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #2212
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
OK, in colour.....
<cheers> I was totally imagining a warm purple button up when I posted that earlier! I like.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #2213
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Tad, can I just tell you you're a total DILF?
kthx.

((Sorry tad's wife. jkaaay.))

but seriously, purple on guys is nice.

I'm wearing gray shorts with my ass cheeks hanging out the bottom, an old NASCAR (Joey Logano if you're getting technical) t-shirt with the collar cut out a la flashdance and my hair pulled up for the first time in FOREVER.
High class, right here.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #2214
cherylharrell
Always Mikes Big Girl

cherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going on

You wear color well. Nice to see you in color.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #2215
sarie

sarie has super-sized repsarie has super-sized repsarie has super-sized repsarie has super-sized repsarie has super-sized rep

hey, thanks tad and thirtiesgirl!

today i'm wearing this questionable cardigan from target (3usd!) over a white knit tunic (ave) with a new thrifted gold (metal!) belt that i'm obsessed with. trousers from avenue and red bow flats by bp maybe? hope everyone's week is going well :>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hay.JPG (16.0 KB, 282 views)
Old 09-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #2216
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

I wish I could throw up a pic of what I'm wearing right now, it's actually kinda cute. Green sweater with one of those big turtleneck necks that kind of flops down, black pants, and green leather shoes to match the sweater. :3

edit: These shoes, but greener.

Last edited by Leishycat; 09-28-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Leishycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #2217
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Rose View Post
I wish I could throw up a pic of what I'm wearing right now, it's actually kinda cute. Green sweater with one of those big turtleneck necks that kind of flops down, black pants, and green leather shoes to match the sweater. :3

edit: These shoes, but greener.
Alicia I really like those shoes! I wish I could wear heels like that.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #2218
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Alicia I really like those shoes! I wish I could wear heels like that.
I looove them but they make my feets hurt. AtlantisAK here on the boards gave them to me
Old 09-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #2219
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarie View Post
hi! :>

hope everyone is having a great week!
You are gorgeous. I want your hair. Do you dye it?
AmazingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #2220
sarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingAmy View Post
You are gorgeous. I want your hair. Do you dye it?
whaaaa?! you're gorgeous, and i want your hair! thank you for making my day :> i do dye it black all over - i have to do it every three to four weeks because i'm naturally blonde and regrowth makes me look ill (not the good kind!). your waves are the JAM. does that happen naturally? wantwantwant!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:22 AM   #2221
DeerVictory
Swamp monster

DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

dress: innocent world
Sweater: modcloth
boots: sears
necklace: gifted
I put on a pin later that my boyfriend gave me, but didn't snap a shot.

sarie, are you a member of the flickr group fatshionista? Because if you're not, you should be.

In her hips, there's revolution.
DeerVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:18 PM   #2222
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I *still* love that dress, Raegan. And your new hair is adorable.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #2223
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was checking out Innocent World and gulped at the prices. And the sizing guidelines confused me :/

Last edited by kayrae; 09-30-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Cute as usual, Raegan!
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #2224
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Do they have a website now? I'd totally buy some of their stuff if they'd make it easy. :P

Here's what I'm wearing today... eShakti skirt, LB cami, Forever 21 cardigan, vintage carnelian jewelry, Clarks shooz, and my trusty-dusty Claire's hairflower. Oh, and MAC Russian Red lipstick, bien sur!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0045.JPG (62.1 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg Photo on 2010-09-30 at 14.22 #2.jpg (109.9 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg Photo on 2010-09-30 at 14.22.jpg (114.8 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg Photo on 2010-09-30 at 14.20.jpg (91.3 KB, 214 views)

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #2225
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
Do they have a website now? I'd totally buy some of their stuff if they'd make it easy. :P

Here's what I'm wearing today... eShakti skirt, LB cami, Forever 21 cardigan, vintage carnelian jewelry, Clarks shooz, and my trusty-dusty Claire's hairflower. Oh, and MAC Russian Red lipstick, bien sur!
If not carnelian I was going to guess vintage coral...the color combination rocks and well, you know how I feel about that skirt-..just stunning.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote