Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

View Poll Results: Are you who you want to be right now?
Yes, there is nothing I need to change 20 39.22%
No, I'm still waiting for something 31 60.78%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Victim
Oasis is JUST A BAND.

Victim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Are you comfortable with who you are?

I came to a realization very recently (it only took 40 frickin' years..) that at this moment in time I am exactly the person I want to be.

This is incredibly empowering, and I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this feeling and what it has allowed you to do.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Both of the above. I'm comfortable with who I am, but I don't want to stay the way I am either. I never want to stay the same. Or to put it another way, I'm pretty happy with who I am, warts and all--but this does not mean that I'm not working on the warts.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm comfortable with parts of myself, but I'm a work in progress. There are still things I feel like I'm missing, and things I want to change about myself. I'm young still though - I think it's normal to feel this way at my age. I'm still just trying to figure everything out. :]
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

yes, i am.

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
Victim
Oasis is JUST A BAND.

Victim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexylicious View Post
yes, i am.
Well THAT is freakin' obvious. :P
Old 08-11-2008, 01:38 PM   #6
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default The Journey

I'm like EdX. "Who I am hates who I've been"-Relient K
I am working through my issues and becoming a better
person. Am I there yet? No. I'm still on my journey, but
I'm better than I was. I continue to find more peace.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #7
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

I mostly like who I am. I wish I was more assertive and confrontational....I'm shy and passive usually....at least at home in the UK. I am more myself when I get to the states. I want to get to a point where I am true to myself no matter where my feet may land. But all in all I like where my life is and I like where it is headed.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:46 PM   #8
SpecialK

SpecialK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSpecialK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSpecialK can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I've made really solid strides into my own self-acceptance and I like who I am. Are there still things I can work on? Of course. The day you stop learning and evolving is the day you die.

My $0.02, keep the change.
SpecialK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #9
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Dibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Yeah I'm finally pretty comfortable with who I am. But yes like the others have said we can always strive for better. Physically and emotionally.
Dibaby35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim View Post
Well THAT is freakin' obvious. :P
he hee

i havent always been. just to stress that. i used to hate myself. strong word but true. now, although i have bad times and good times on the whole i realise there is only one bexy and a lot of people love her, and that makes me very comfy with who i am.

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #11
OneHauteMama

OneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexylicious View Post
he hee

i havent always been. just to stress that. i used to hate myself. strong word but true. now, although i have bad times and good times on the whole i realise there is only one bexy and a lot of people love her, and that makes me very comfy with who i am.
Ditto....but replace "Bexy" with my name lol. I've been through hell, in the past and more recently, had some who tried to change me and wouldn't accept me for who and what I am. And foolishly, I tried to change for them. But, in more recent times I've come to the realization that I am ME, I am unique, my personality isn't "flawed", it's just different. I've thankfully found some kindred spirits, so I'm not so alone anymore and am more comfy being me.
OneHauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
Zandoz
Highly irregular

Location: Turn left at the Pharos, then right at the library...Alexandria KY
Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Nope...the concept of comfort is meaningless to me any more.

Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained. -- John Boswell

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII

History doesn't repeat itself - at best it sometimes rhymes -- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #13
jabl

jabl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesjabl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Talking

I┤ve never feel any better or confortable in my skin.

That make others feel unconfortable and I love it !

Last edited by jabl; 08-11-2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: misspelling
jabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #14
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Well

I really truly like who I am and enjoy the person I have become. I can't fully look in the mirror and say I love what and who I see looking back at me 100% of the time,but damn a good portion of the time I really am pleased. Pleased because I was able to step away from the doormat I used to be, up to being just a people pleaser to stepping out and going after what I want and saying what I think consequences be dammned. Pleased because I love what I do, am well loved by friends and family, and am starting to care less and less what others that don't mean anything to me have to say. Happy with seeing the survivor in the mirror who got through many difficulties in life, learned from them and moved on and that allows me to assist others to get through theirs.

Do I still have work to do? Of course. I will work on myself till the day I die, because as human beings we are always evolving and changing and that's life.
Ruth
Ruffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #15
T_Devil
A Happy Disaster

T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yes. I am. I'm glad I am who I am, and glad I am what I am. I would have it no other way.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #16
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'd have to echo what a few others have said. I'm pretty comfortable with who I am as a person, but there's always something to work on. I'll tell you, though, learning to accept and be happy with myself has made a big difference in all the little things.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #17
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There's nothing I'd change about myself, but some days I feel like I'm missing something.

My wishlist
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #18
Kareda
Kare~N~da

Kareda does more than just post hot picsKareda does more than just post hot picsKareda does more than just post hot pics

I am my worst critic...so I voted No. I have issues
Kareda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #19
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yes, I truly am...and everyday gets better.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #20
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm totally comfortable with who I am! I'm glad!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #21
tattooU

tattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized rep

i'm comfortable with who i am. There aren't things i feel need to change, just certain things i need to accept. i hope that makes sense.

Of course, i can always strive to be better at the things that make me awesome
tattooU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #22
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm fairly comfortable with who I am now. When I look back at who I was I'm kinda shocked. To say I was negative is an understatement, so I've come a long way. There are a few things I would change, and I'm glad to say my size isn't one of them.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #23
mariac1966
Puppy Love

mariac1966 makes people happy simply by logging inmariac1966 makes people happy simply by logging inmariac1966 makes people happy simply by logging inmariac1966 makes people happy simply by logging inmariac1966 makes people happy simply by logging inmariac1966 makes people happy simply by logging inmariac1966 makes people happy simply by logging inmariac1966 makes people happy simply by logging inmariac1966 makes people happy simply by logging in

I like who I am... and have struggled to get here. I continue to deal with certain issues... but overall I am pretty happy

The priceless gift of life is love,
For with the help of God above
Love can change the human race
And make this world a better placeŚ
For love dissolves all hate and fear
And makes our vision bright and clear
So we can see and rise above
Our pettiness on wings of love.
~ Helen Steiner Rice ~
mariac1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:15 AM   #24
Timberwolf
back.

Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Both of the above. I'm comfortable with who I am, but I don't want to stay the way I am either. I never want to stay the same. Or to put it another way, I'm pretty happy with who I am, warts and all--but this does not mean that I'm not working on the warts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
I'm comfortable with parts of myself, but I'm a work in progress. There are still things I feel like I'm missing, and things I want to change about myself. I'm young still though - I think it's normal to feel this way at my age. I'm still just trying to figure everything out. :]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
I'm like EdX. "Who I am hates who I've been"-Relient K
I am working through my issues and becoming a better
person. Am I there yet? No. I'm still on my journey, but
I'm better than I was. I continue to find more peace.
Just what they (and possibly some others I missed) said.
"Do not try this at home"
warning.

-Zandoz-
It's the self-acceptance that makes the beauty.
-Waxwing-
"A woman without a belly is no woman."
- arabian proverb -
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Empty wall?
Timberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #25
That1BigGirl
Bella Nom Noms

That1BigGirl does more than just post hot picsThat1BigGirl does more than just post hot picsThat1BigGirl does more than just post hot picsThat1BigGirl does more than just post hot pics

I voted no- but it is because I'm taking myself as a whole into consideration. On my body... I'm not 100% happy, but I'm not in hate mode or anything like that like I use to be. On my over all life- I just see that I'm working towards a goal, always.

Today will always be remembered as the day I was asked, "So, do fat women wear pants?" And I was standing in front of them wearing blue jeans. :doh:
That1BigGirl is offline   Reply With Quote