Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 08-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
lysh
learn me something

lysh can now change their title
Question A "Feederism Community" ?

Hello All,

The term "community" is thrown around often on this board .... just doing a search for the key term "community" displays 500+ posts using the term... but I can't seem to find a good definition of it....

I am wondering....
Is there a "feederism community" ?
If so, what are the boundaries of that community? (e.g. What makes it a community?)

Secondly....
Is the "feederism community" PART of the larger FA/SA community? Or is it its own seperate community?
Why or why not?

I look forward to hearing your ideas!
Regards,
LYSH
lysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

(leaving aside for now that I don't much care for the term feederism)

I don't think that there is any real feeder community that I'm aware of. Not in the usual sense of the word 'community' at least. There may be some places where you'll find a number of feeders, because there is material posted that interests them, but I've never seen substantial feeder to feeder interaction, beyond maybe praise for a story. There might once have been a thread about the practicalities of funnel feeding, but that has been about it.

I'd think of it a bit more like cats. A lot of cats show up when the fishing boats come in and dump the heads, but the cats don't form a community in the way that canines might. They interact to some degree, but mostly so as not to fight. That is kind of the impression I get from feeders on the net.

For whatever reason, I think the feedee seem more prone to community building, not that there is a lot of that either, but a bit more.

Others may see it differently, of course.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!

i do not think that there is a feederism community. i think that there are many people within the fat community who have an interest in feederism and participate in feedery related things, but there is no real community that is only about feeding.

as ed mentioned, it seems that feeders are not as into community building as feedees are. and i don't think that feedees as a whole are that into community building either.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

No feeder community, not a part of SA/FA. Not a part of it for the same reason sharpei owners, roller skaters, musicians, pastry chefs, goalies and motorcycle gangs aren't a part of SA. Clearly there are people who engage in these activities who subscribe to it but those activities are separate.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #5
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thinking some more, there are a couple of ways that community is often used.

One is a group of people who share common interests. Common --> Community. Like saying "The community of Porsche owners has been upset by the high mark up on manufacturer original parts" (no idea if that is true, just making up a sentence). Porsche owners all presumably share some common interests in things Porsche related, and are apt to be looking at the same Porsche related information, so in that sense they are a community.

Then there is the sense of community in a group with links between members, both communicating between members and having something you could call a relationship in that they interact, probably keep track of each other, and so on. Like "the community that gathers the last Saturday of every month for a screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the local theatre." They aren't all just interested in Rocky Horror, they know each other, they work together to plan who will be in the 'cast', and they are apt to be friends with at least some of the other members of the community.

So I think feeders are a community in the former sense, but not in the latter sense.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

There is a feederism community in that there are a group of people in the world who share an interest in feederism. I think that there are a few, relatively small, groups that congregate in various places - often as a subset of something like an inflation, hypermastia/hyperpygia, furry, or other fetishist community - , but the majority are unincorporated.

I don't believe there is a feederism, "community" as a subset of the SA/FA, "community" as represented here, because most members of the dims community seem to be vocally opposed to feeding. There was a time when, "Size Acceptance" mean acceptance of largers sizes, but now it seems that, "Size Acceptance" just means unconditional acceptance... which leads me to wonder how it can coexist with Fat Admiration, but politics isn't really my forte.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #7
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totmacher View Post
There was a time when, "Size Acceptance" mean acceptance of largers sizes, but now it seems that, "Size Acceptance" just means unconditional acceptance... which leads me to wonder how it can coexist with Fat Admiration, but politics isn't really my forte.
This specific area of the internet is about Fat Admiration, without a doubt. However, if we expect others to accept us (and this space) in spite of our size, we should offer the same to those who give it to us, regardless of their size. Based on that, I absolutely think the two can coexist, as long as mutual respect is maintained.

/thread derail

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

it's only a community insofar that we all come here. it's a minority, there's only a few sites, and this one has the most pulled in. many people into feederism participate in fat community events with the obvious overlap, but for the most part the guys are here to score and the girls are here to bond with each other over how bad we are at that.
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #9
FaxMachine1234
you know it

FaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I think for feederism, it's more of a club than anything else; it's a community in its other aspects. People's special "interests" are usually personal even if shared, and I wouldn't say this place is a support group as such. Sorry, did any of that read as proper English?
FaxMachine1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #10
Curious Jane

Curious Jane can now change their title

Well, it's certainly an on-line community, but not a community in the traditional sense.
Curious Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #11
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's a village.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #12
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

i mean, that time we all circle jerked on [name redacted] was communal kinda.
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #13
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's a series of tubes.
get it
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #14
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Now that I think of it fantasyfeeder is sort've a feederism community site. Not that it's perfect and not that I'm advertising, but from the few peaks I've had into their operation it seems to be one of the more feed friendly sites I've seen. Anyone know of any others?

Last edited by Totmacher; 08-23-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #15
collared Princess

collared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticed

unless you meen my dream community in wich Im feed and surrounded by good minded feeding people who want to be apart of my fatness and growing kinda like a celebration going on...Treasure Bombshell...
collared Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #16
Totmacher

Cool

Far be it from me to hijack a thread - but that sounds fun, where does one sign up?
Old 08-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #17
lysh
learn me something

Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Jane View Post
Well, it's certainly an on-line community, but not a community in the traditional sense.
What makes it online community then?
Old 08-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #18
lysh
learn me something

Default ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim View Post
... it's a community in its other aspects....
such as? what aspects make it a community?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #19
intoanother

intoanother has said some nice things

i think the term 'community' is used for lack of a better term..i think that many feeders, and tho i cannot speak for them, many feedees are looking for a very loosely defined form of acceptance..i say 'loosely" because i think that desired acceptance can be different from person to person, but, i think we are all just looking to 'belong'..

we, being humans, and for as much as some of us lonewolves(me included) try to say we dont, i think we all are looking to run with a pack that best supports us in how we want to be..with the whole feedee/feeder/gainer/encourager philosophy being something that is still struggling to find acceptance, sometimes even here, i think people will be reluctant to actively go out in the world and have meets or bashes for this reason giving the impression that there is no community..but there is a very strong Communal Feeling..i think people have heard the term "BBW Community" so often that it just seemed natural for those people floating around in both worlds to adopt that terminology..

perhaps the feedee/feeder/gainer/encourager community needs to make a concerted effort to come up with a new term?..how bout that for community action?....

anyone have any ideas?

be well folks

carl
in2anthr
gdofthndr88
intoanother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #20
intoanother

intoanother has said some nice things

i think the term 'community' is used for lack of a better term..i think that many feeders, and tho i cannot speak for them, many feedees are looking for a very loosely defined form of acceptance..i say 'loosely" because i think that desired acceptance can be different from person to person, but, i think we are all just looking to 'belong'..

we, being humans, and for as much as some of us lonewolves(me included) try to say we dont, i think we all are looking to run with a pack that best supports us in how we want to be..with the whole feedee/feeder/gainer/encourager philosophy being something that is still struggling to find acceptance, sometimes even here, i think people will be reluctant to actively go out in the world and have meets or bashes for this reason giving the impression that there is no community..but there is a very strong Communal Feeling..i think people have heard the term "BBW Community" so often that it just seemed natural for those people floating around in both worlds to adopt that terminology..

perhaps the feedee/feeder/gainer/encourager community needs to make a concerted effort to come up with a new term?..how bout that for community action?....

anyone have any ideas?

be well folks

carl
in2anthr
gdofthndr88
intoanother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #21
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs up Satanic Circle Jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
i do not think that there is a feederism community. i think that there are many people within the fat community who have an interest in feederism and participate in feedery related things, but there is no real community that is only about feeding.

as ed mentioned, it seems that feeders are not as into community building as feedees are. and i don't think that feedees as a whole are that into community building either.
With the proper thelemic incantation, all the semen donated by members of the community could go into the creation of a golem/homunculus... which ideally would to outward appearances be an amalgam of the more popular Paysite Goddesses. But would have no bellybutton, having been grown in a jar. The creature would be quite hungry in a LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS kind of way, preferring human flesh.
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #22
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i'm surprised there isn't a feeder community already. so many people seem interested. people are always asking and talking to me about it. and since i'm not into it i have no idea. and people do tend to bash it a lot. so i think a friendly place for people to be themselves would be ideal.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #23
LJ Rock

LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Barring any debate over what actually constitutes a "community" I think it is undeniable that there is a significant feeder/feedee subset of the fat-admiration and size acceptance communities. Granted, it is relatively small. But it is there, and you will only know that it is there by finding random individuals who congregate in a given spot and express interest in such.

For example you will find a number of people here at Dimensions who, in spite of being a minority and occasionally having to endure a bit of tongue-lashing and admonishment, congregate and discuss ideas, fantasies, etc (but mostly just enjoy the pictures and stories.) As already mentioned, there are other sites like Fantasyfeeder.com where feederism is perhaps more celebrated, though I think you will be hard pressed to find more literal interaction or anything else feeling like a "community." Same can be said for the myriad of pay-sites out there, as well as the few remaining Yahoo groups with picture and story sharing.

Interestingly enough, I think you will find a lot more of this kind of thing in the more conventional on-line worlds of MySpace and YouTube. There are several groups in MySpace which dedicate themselves to the ideals of feeding and weight gain with lots of interesting member profiles (some of them genuine, some of them kind of bogus.... but interesting nonetheless.) And all you need to do is type in words like "feeder" "feedee" or "ssbbw" into YouTube to see a vast ring of videos and profiles.

I don't know that there will ever be a true feeder community the way that there is a strong size acceptance and fat admiration community, just because it is such a relatively minor and obscured interest. But one thing that the miracle of the internet has made clear: there is something out there for everyone, and for every lone soul with an unusual freak, kink or fetish there is at least a hand full of folks lurking around on line someplace feeling the same way. We may not find a community of folks waiting to greet us with open arms... but at least we might feel, if only for a moment, that we're not so alone.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #24
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I dunno if such a community exists but where do I sign up? lol
Old 08-31-2008, 10:17 PM   #25
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in

I agree with a lot of what's been said here.

On past occassions I've referred to myself as having a "foot in both communities" (both size acceptance and feederism). I've tried to bridge the two. However in reading the intelligent postings here, perhaps there isn't a true feederism community.

I see it this way. People involved in feederism have an attraction to fat, so in that sense I would classify them as part of the FA community. However, not all FAs are interested in feederism. Feeders/feedees are a subgroup of the size acceptance population in the same way doberman enthusiasts are part of the American Kennel Club (where some people might positively hate dobermans).

Granted, even the size acceptance community isn't very organized. There's NAAFA I guess, and Dims, and various other little tidbits here and there. Then there's a few places (mostly online) that promote the idea of feederism.

I think the definition of community is a place (real or virtual) where people come together to achieve some common goal. It could be as simple as gathering material to jerk off to, or as complex as changing the world.

Under that definition, feederism definitely has it's own community. It's haphazardly spread throughout the web.
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote