Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-28-2008, 03:46 AM   #1
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Uk/US Package exchange.

I just did a post in another thread about this but I thought I'd do a new one incase anyone missed it.

Would anyone in the US like to do some sort of food exchange with me? I think it would be really fun to make up a package for someone else and also to recieve one. I guess it would mostly be sweet products as it would be easier to send and they last longer. What do you guys think?

I'm thinking stuff like

and lots of other bits that I can think of.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Em, check the Royal mail website, so you will have an idea of how much it will cost you to send a parcel. Each time i've done it, it's cost more to send the parcel, than the items inside cost. Our postage is much more expensive than the US rates too.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Em, check the Royal mail website, so you will have an idea of how much it will cost you to send a parcel. Each time i've done it, it's cost more to send the parcel, than the items inside cost. Our postage is much more expensive than the US rates too.
Oh wow thats a bit shit
Old 08-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think this would be fun, even with the cost.

Back when I lived in the UK, oh-so-many years ago, I became addicted to these prawn-flavoured crisps. They're not exactly like regular crisps, but sort of cheese puff-like in texture, and roundish. I wish to God I could remember what they're called!
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
Emma
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post

Back when I lived in the UK, oh-so-many years ago, I became addicted to these prawn-flavoured crisps. They're not exactly like regular crisps, but sort of cheese puff-like in texture, and roundish. I wish to God I could remember what they're called!
Those, my dear, are Skips
Old 08-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #6
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

You can actually get things like this in asian stores in their snack aisle. I love em

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #7
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
You can actually get things like this in asian stores in their snack aisle. I love em
Quite right, my dear -- but I'm holding out for the British variety, nostalgia, and all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
Those, my dear, are Skips
Ah, thank you!

Now, if you don't mind sending...
Old 08-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #8
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
We have those too, prawn crackers. but Skips are different, prawn COCKTAIL flavoured little round crisp things, much smaller than prawn crackers, different colour and taste. i just tried googling for a photo of skips but can only find pics of the packaging.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #9
LalaCity

Tut tut, Ruby -- you did nae try hard enough!

Last edited by LalaCity; 09-27-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #10
Emma
On Timeout

Quote:
Quite right, my dear -- but I'm holding out for the British variety, nostalgia, and all...

Ah, thank you!

Now, if you don't mind sending...
I've not actually seen them for years. I completely forgot they existed! I'll have to keep an eye out for them and let you know
Old 08-28-2008, 11:24 AM   #11
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
I just did a post in another thread about this but I thought I'd do a new one incase anyone missed it.

Would anyone in the US like to do some sort of food exchange with me? I think it would be really fun to make up a package for someone else and also to recieve one. I guess it would mostly be sweet products as it would be easier to send and they last longer. What do you guys think?

I'm thinking stuff like

and lots of other bits that I can think of.
*giggle* i'm already sending twinkies to someone quite fab, because everyone knows they're non-perishable. in exchange, i'm getting digestive biscuits which don't sound too appetizing, really.

Curvy, your variety of cadbury bars makes me jealous. we have a few in the states but not too many.
i'd like to take you up on your offer. what would you want in exchange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

This sounds like a cool idea!! There are a couple of cute FA's and some of the ladies I wouldnt mind having sent over in exchange for....oh wait you mean food?? My bad!!

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #13
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Ooohhh this is a good idea...oh yeah...
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #14
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Tut tut, Ruby -- you did nae try hard enough!
omg i spent 20 mins looking! I hope you realise now that any time i want a picture of something and can't find it, I'll be pmin'g you the magic googler, to do it for me.

and LoL @ did nae
Old 08-29-2008, 02:01 AM   #15
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnectedsmile View Post
*giggle* i'm already sending twinkies to someone quite fab, because everyone knows they're non-perishable. in exchange, i'm getting digestive biscuits which don't sound too appetizing, really.

Curvy, your variety of cadbury bars makes me jealous. we have a few in the states but not too many.
i'd like to take you up on your offer. what would you want in exchange?
I was SO curious about twinkies a few years back, that I got someone to send me a packet. Where is the vomiting smiley, lol. They were disgusting, greasy and nasty, like eating a cheapy made bath sponge, with sweetened tile grout in the middle

HowEVER, that same person put in a couple of Hostess Snoballs, telling me that they are the grossest snack food ever invented. I LOVED them I have since also tried the hallowe'en orange coloured snoballs (thanks Summer! ) and loved them too!
Old 08-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #16
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
I was SO curious about twinkies a few years back, that I got someone to send me a packet. Where is the vomiting smiley, lol. They were disgusting, greasy and nasty, like eating a cheapy made bath sponge, with sweetened tile grout in the middle
well, that bath sponge is absolutely scrumptious when you dip it in batter and deep fry it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:54 AM   #17
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't care for twinkies, but Hostess cupcakes, omg I could eat the tops off of them all day long, lol.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #18
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

I know there are places that sell British foods worldwide, but I was wondering if they had places that sell US foods in the UK. Sure enough, they do!
So if anything particular is left out of a package, or it inspired more curiosity, look at these:
http://www.skyco.uk.com/
http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/aaasmt/index.php/url_abcsec
http://www.candypirate.com/
http://www.yanktanks.co.uk/fooddrink.htm
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/American-Food-Shop

and more. Last 2 are ebay stores that specialize in US food in thre UK.

Hope this helps someone!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:53 AM   #19
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasimodoQT View Post
I know there are places that sell British foods worldwide, but I was wondering if they had places that sell US foods in the UK. Sure enough, they do!
So if anything particular is left out of a package, or it inspired more curiosity, look at these:
http://www.skyco.uk.com/
http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/aaasmt/index.php/url_abcsec
http://www.candypirate.com/
http://www.yanktanks.co.uk/fooddrink.htm
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/American-Food-Shop

and more. Last 2 are ebay stores that specialize in US food in thre UK.

Hope this helps someone!
Yeah I knew those stores existed as Mike and I had a look for it when we came back. However, I couldn't find hostess cupcakes, lol. They had tweekies, ho hos, and ding dongs but no cupcakes. It is also rare for them to carry my favourite candy bar: butterfinger. I just have to wait til I go out there to have my treats. It's also cheaper to stock up while I am out there. I saw a box of Lucky Charms cereal on eBay with a starting bid of 10. That's 20 effing dollars, lol....when it only costs $3. So yeah, I'm cheap....I can wait til I fly out.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #20
That1BigGirl
Bella Nom Noms

That1BigGirl does more than just post hot picsThat1BigGirl does more than just post hot picsThat1BigGirl does more than just post hot picsThat1BigGirl does more than just post hot pics

Dude, I'm so in. I'd like to start out with a jar of Marmite to try please, maybe some good tea also? Now, some UKer tell me what you would like. I can get a case of 36 Butterfingers for pretty cheap...... hehehehehehe

On a side note- yes, the postage can get up there. I used to do something like this with a friend from Germany. We normally sent like a package every other month (I'd send one in Sept, he'd send me something in October, I'd send in Nov). If I spent about 15 bucks to stuff the box, it normally cost me 9-15 to send it. But it was fun and he sent me the best chocolate I've EVER put in my mouth. I made that stuff last for nearly a year! hehehehehe I also got him addicted to Kool-aid.

So yeah, I'm up for something now and then anyway, I think it would be fun!

Today will always be remembered as the day I was asked, "So, do fat women wear pants?" And I was standing in front of them wearing blue jeans. :doh:
That1BigGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #21
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wait, what are "crisps"?
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:47 PM   #22
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well in the South(Alabama) we've got

Little Debbies
Moon Pies

Honeybuns
Krispy Kreme(packaged stuff)
Stage Planks

I'd swap...
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #23
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
Wait, what are "crisps"?
I think it's what we'd call a chip.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #24
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missblueyedeath View Post
I think it's what we'd call a chip.
Ohhhhh. Okay. Thanks.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #25
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missblueyedeath View Post
Well in the South(Alabama) we've got

Little Debbies
Moon Pies

Honeybuns
Krispy Kreme(packaged stuff)
Stage Planks

I'd swap...
I miss little debbies, omg the bestest cheapest junk food EVAR!