Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 09-04-2008, 07:05 AM   #1
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Dibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Just a bit of a rant about online dating sites

Okay so I'm trying to date again. So yeah I signed up for a few sites. Granted I realize the ones I signed up for our not BBW orientated. But I never have any luck with finding someone local on the BBW sites. Anyways why oh why do these sites that claim to match you up perfectly, always match me up with guys that put in their profile that their perfect girl would be "average, thin, athletic, fit". It's like just about every guy. I don't get it. When I didn't put that as what describes me. UGHHHH sorry just aggravated..such a huge waste of time.
Dibaby35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We know from past threads that there are FA's out there, but apparently they don't advertise on BBW dating sites. I have occasionally glanced at such sites, and my impression was that the women -- at least, those who posted pictures -- were thin to the point of emaciation. Are they unclear on the concept of BBW? Or am I?
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
No-No-Badkitty
Purrrrrrrrr~

No-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
We know from past threads that there are FA's out there, but apparently they don't advertise on BBW dating sites. I have occasionally glanced at such sites, and my impression was that the women -- at least, those who posted pictures -- were thin to the point of emaciation. Are they unclear on the concept of BBW? Or am I?

I wonder sometimes if these women really see themselves as fat.
If so.
I have to then ask...good grief...what do I look like to them
No-No-Badkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Dibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Weight is all relative...but i know what the average guy is expecting when he asks for "average, athletic, thin". It's definitely not me at 235 and 5'10. Although maybe some of u think that is average I don't know. It's soo darn frustrating. Why can't everyone just be like dim people..sigh.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
keeothie

keeothie can now change their title

I have to say I've been in a similar situation. I tried the online dating thing recently after two years of being single and not looking, and I was very disappointed. I tried some of the "regular" and then the BBW dating sites, and didn't really have much luck with either. You know when every profile you sift through generates an eye roll (I especially love how some guys make a point to say, "Please, no fatties").

And I totally agree that the gals who describe themselves as "fat/chubby/fluffy etc..." on those dating websites are living on a totally different planet than most women I know. I don't get it either.
keeothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibaby35 View Post
Weight is all relative...but i know what the average guy is expecting when he asks for "average, athletic, thin". It's definitely not me at 235 and 5'10. .
235 and 5'10" sounds ideal to me...but that figures, of course, since I live several hundred miles from Chicago and am married. Never doubt that the Dating Gods have a sense of humor.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
EmJay

EmJay has said some nice things
Default BBW dating sites...

I do belong to one and have discovered that if they're affiliated with other non-BBW sites, they dump everyone together.
I've not had much luck either...other then "flirts", it doesn't seem to go further.
I'm especially frustrated that I state the age and smoking preference and "still" get email from men who smoke or are much younger then I'd be comfortable dating.
I don't need a man in my life, it would just enhance it, so I try not to take it too seriously.
Good luck to all!
EmJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #8
ciaobella

ciaobella can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesciaobella can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Hello,

I understand the frustration BUT I did meet my hubby through a bbw dating site... well actually I met a guy on bbwdatefinder who then led me to casualkiss and my hubby met a girl on plentyoffish who then led him to casualkiss... so I suppose technically I didn't meet him on a bbw centric dating site per se but indirectly it did lead me to the love of my life. I also met a couple good guys on bbwdatefinder. Not sure if it is as good for people in the US but there sure were a lot of canucks on the site. Anyway, hope that helps!
ciaobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #9
No-No-Badkitty
Purrrrrrrrr~

No-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 club

I met my hubby this was too, there are guys out there...and yes it's hard finding them.
No-No-Badkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #10
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've had minimal luck on POF, but I have had some responses (probably because I am VERY Direct in my profile, state exactly what size and how much I weigh...and specify exactly what I am lookinf for in a potential partner.) I had ZERO luck on bbwdatefinder, or largefriends. Those sites just arent designed for ssbbws.
Lovelyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:30 AM   #11
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Internet Dating

Hi

I have started the whole internet dating thing and starting to have mixed feelings myself. I am registered on a site for BBW's and have noticed that a guy will put on his profile that "looks are unimportant it's what's on the inside that counts" or tell you that they are "one of the nice guys" but even they refuse to respond to winks or nudges. I know I would never win a beauty pageant but come on, if someone smiles at you in the street it's rude to ignore them.

Also come across a scammer, so you need to keep your eyes open. The amount of married men and those in an ongoing relationships really surprised me, grubby little nasties!

Good luck with your search though, I truly believe there is someone for everyone and we all deserved to be loved!
littlefairywren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:49 AM   #12
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone View Post
I've had minimal luck on POF, but I have had some responses (probably because I am VERY Direct in my profile, state exactly what size and how much I weigh...and specify exactly what I am lookinf for in a potential partner.) I had ZERO luck on bbwdatefinder, or largefriends. Those sites just arent designed for ssbbws.
Yeah POF I had some luck too..but since its a free site it tends to harvest men just looking for a good time. I mean by far I have received the most dates on that site..but man...where did I put "I just want casual sex" in my profile. Cause it's far from it..LOL.

Yep I'll keep looking. My problem is now I don't even have money to get a babysitter to go out on a date..ugh. Nothing like being a trapped single mom . I go to the park and stuff, library..wherever it's free to go..but all I find is married men there with their kids. Man I hate doing the obvious starring at the hand thing seeing if they are married..lol.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 AM   #13
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
235 and 5'10" sounds ideal to me...but that figures, of course, since I live several hundred miles from Chicago and am married. Never doubt that the Dating Gods have a sense of humor.
Got a brother that lives in Chicago? LOLLLL
Old 09-05-2008, 05:51 AM   #14
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdkml View Post
Hi

I have started the whole internet dating thing and starting to have mixed feelings myself. I am registered on a site for BBW's and have noticed that a guy will put on his profile that "looks are unimportant it's what's on the inside that counts" or tell you that they are "one of the nice guys" but even they refuse to respond to winks or nudges. I know I would never win a beauty pageant but come on, if someone smiles at you in the street it's rude to ignore them.

Also come across a scammer, so you need to keep your eyes open. The amount of married men and those in an ongoing relationships really surprised me, grubby little nasties!

Good luck with your search though, I truly believe there is someone for everyone and we all deserved to be loved!

The married man thing suprised the heck out of me too. I had to actually put in their NOT INTERESTED IN MARRIED MEN...lol. It really is sickening. Sorry for people that are into that sort of thing. But I'm just old fashioned I guess.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:35 AM   #15
cuddlybbbw

cuddlybbbw can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescuddlybbbw can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibaby35 View Post
Okay so I'm trying to date again. So yeah I signed up for a few sites. Granted I realize the ones I signed up for our not BBW orientated. But I never have any luck with finding someone local on the BBW sites. Anyways why oh why do these sites that claim to match you up perfectly, always match me up with guys that put in their profile that their perfect girl would be "average, thin, athletic, fit". It's like just about every guy. I don't get it. When I didn't put that as what describes me. UGHHHH sorry just aggravated..such a huge waste of time.

It does seem to be very frustrating. I've also noticed that most of the guys who state "cute and curvy" as an attraction just want women with big boobs and ass. If you tell them you're a ssbbw, they freak out.

I honestly feel at this point, I will be alone for the rest of my life as I get very little responses on those sites.
cuddlybbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #16
chocolate desire

chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It always seemed to me that the same people was on all the diffrent sites.
Being as i am newly single I think I will just kick back and enjoy life and what it has to offer.. I realize now I only stayed in the relationship for fear of so called friends saying I told you so...
Anyway back to sites try ssbbwsingles I always had a good response from them.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #17
CTHye

CTHye has said some nice things

I found this thread interesting.
I'm a divorced male, 56, who lives in central Connecticut.
Since I was divorced seven years ago, I've used BBWDatefinder with good results. I've met several woman who became nice friends.
And, I've had two relationships with women I met from the site, one lasting 2.5 years, the other, 9 months.
I am attracted to women in the 180 to 250 range...everyone has their own preferences and chemistry matters no matter what size person we are attracted to.
I don't know lots of men who admit they're attracted to BBW's but I always have been and consider myself fortunate for that.
I never understood the appeal of thin women!
CTHye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #18
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlybbbw View Post
I honestly feel at this point, I will be alone for the rest of my life as I get very little responses on those sites.
I have been alone for most of my life. I've accepted it and it really isn't so bad.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #19
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlybbbw View Post

I used to feel the same way. I haven't given up though. I am going down fighting. I really think that love deserves a fighting chance.
Lovelyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #20
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone View Post
I used to feel the same way. I haven't given up though. I am going down fighting. I really think that love deserves a fighting chance.
I also think we deserve some good love so I'm with you on this one Terri

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #21
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Hmm..so maybe I have a lead..maybe..lol

So he's like.."ask me anything"...I've asked some standard questions but I'm wondering if there are some good ones that I should be asking.

My friend made me giggle. She's like ask him if he's ever felt like killing someone..lol.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:47 AM   #22
IndyGal
more pasta, please

IndyGal can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIndyGal can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

[/QUOTE]
Yep I'll keep looking. My problem is now I don't even have money to get a babysitter to go out on a date..ugh. Nothing like being a trapped single mom . I go to the park and stuff, library..wherever it's free to go..but all I find is married men there with their kids. Man I hate doing the obvious starring at the hand thing seeing if they are married..lol.[/QUOTE]

I am definitely in the same boat - not using a sitter and checking out the left hand of most guys I see.

PS
What the flip did I do wrong with the quote thing? Still learning the ropes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IndyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:57 AM   #23
crosseyedhamster

crosseyedhamster can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescrosseyedhamster can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I actually know a guy (bit of an idiot) who's trying to use an online dating site, some of the sleezy ones at that, to "lose it." The girl he's been chatting with wants $200. My buddies and I have told him not to do it, 'cause we all think he's lucky if it's really even a girl, and so on.

Not sure how that ties in with the topic, other than online dating sites, but the moal of the story is (acknowledging it sometimes works) I don't trust dating sites.
crosseyedhamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:14 AM   #24
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosseyedhamster View Post
I actually know a guy (bit of an idiot) who's trying to use an online dating site, some of the sleezy ones at that, to "lose it." The girl he's been chatting with wants $200. My buddies and I have told him not to do it, 'cause we all think he's lucky if it's really even a girl, and so on.

Not sure how that ties in with the topic, other than online dating sites, but the moal of the story is (acknowledging it sometimes works) I don't trust dating sites.
Well dating sites can't really control the morons of the world. lolll Yeah my rule is never get serious about someone..and for sure never give anyone anything until you meet them and can really judge who that person really is. Good luck to your friend...sounds like he's going to learn the hard way though. Poor bugger.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:32 AM   #25
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well..i joined the POF site yesterday...and it seems to be going okay...but whether or not it will pan out, that's a completely different story!

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote