Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 04-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #76
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
no... I had to take it down because it was someone I didn't know or have permission to post a picture of.. yadda.. yadda.. yadda.. so I took it down.
Did the person contact you, or did you just think that you shouldn't post their photo, or is that one of the rules around here?

I only ask because, unless there's a rule around here, there really aren't any laws restricting you posting photos of total strangers, if you took them in a public place - and a bus or train or subway is a public place. You only run into restrictions if you're using the photo for profit, or if you took it in a private area.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:28 PM   #77
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Did the person contact you, or did you just think that you shouldn't post their photo, or is that one of the rules around here?

I only ask because, unless there's a rule around here, there really aren't any laws restricting you posting photos of total strangers, if you took them in a public place - and a bus or train or subway is a public place. You only run into restrictions if you're using the photo for profit, or if you took it in a private area.
I took it in the train... a public place. I am not sure if there is a rule.. but it is what it is.. no biggie.. there are plenty of celeb eye candy that I can post pictures of..lol
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 AM   #78
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hiker;

I put on that horribly uncomfortable 'moderator hat' (do they make those things out of virtual nettles? I swear as soon as I think of virtually putting it on I get itchy...) and asked her to take it down.

There have been enough cases of people from Dimensions having their pics used without their permission on other sites, that I think the social contract here is not to put up photos of others without their permission, barring the implied permission that comes with being a celebrity/performers/public figure.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #79
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Hiker;

I put on that horribly uncomfortable 'moderator hat' (do they make those things out of virtual nettles? I swear as soon as I think of virtually putting it on I get itchy...) and asked her to take it down.

There have been enough cases of people from Dimensions having their pics used without their permission on other sites, that I think the social contract here is not to put up photos of others without their permission, barring the implied permission that comes with being a celebrity/performers/public figure.
I think you made the right call. I don't believe that being in public counts as consent to having your picture taken and posted online. I have a group of kids that's working on a project on beauty and they're printing up photo releases for anyone they may want to take a picture of.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #80
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Everyone knows that if you take a picture of a person in public you have already captured their soul anyways. No matter what, you win.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #81
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

no biggie.. there are plenty of male celeb eye candy I can post...
Old 04-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #82
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If I ever spotted someone trying to take a picture of me out in public I would go Sean Penn on their ass.

Just sayin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
Everyone knows that if you take a picture of a person in public you have already captured their soul anyways. No matter what, you win.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #83
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
darn it, someone rep him for me!
Old 04-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #84
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Done Tad...
Old 04-07-2014, 05:26 PM   #85
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think Josh Gad is a total cutie! He is soooooo funny in most of his movies and was adorable as the voice of Olaf the snowman in Frozen. He recently lost a bunch of weight but that's his choice. Here are some pics before the (full) weight loss...

Last edited by fat9276; 04-07-2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: pic with no web thingy
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #86
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Jack Black... YUM!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jack black.jpg (75.8 KB, 351 views)
Old 04-07-2014, 07:03 PM   #87
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Kevin James YUM!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kevin James.jpg (37.9 KB, 352 views)
Old 04-08-2014, 06:08 AM   #88
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
darn it, someone rep him for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
Done Tad...
Too kind, too kind.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #89
kilo riley

kilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
If I ever spotted someone trying to take a picture of me out in public I would go Sean Penn on their ass.

Just sayin..
I see your Sean Penn and raise you an Alec Baldwin.
kilo riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #90
terpsichore

terpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot pics

i don't have a picture because that would be weird but i had a piano lesson for the first time in about a month, and my piano teacher gained weight. omg that was a distracting lesson. while not a bhm, he is slightly chubby and that is enough to make me melt.
terpsichore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #91
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just saw this. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo riley View Post
I see your Sean Penn and raise you an Alec Baldwin.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #92
Noodles

Noodles has said some nice things
Default hello

Not my best, but...eh
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_125710987722880.jpeg (3.8 KB, 303 views)
Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #93
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Hiker;

And that's a reasonable social contract, especially for a site like this, and I respect it. (Though earlier in the 'Random BHM hotness' column it was not uncommon.)

I raise it only because, as someone who made a living as a photojournalist, and still does a lot of photography in public, I run into a lot of people assuming that there are some legal rules around taking pictures in public places - and really there are very few, as long as you don't make a profit from the image. If you're out in public areas, you essentially have no privacy - that's the nature of being out in public. (And with the growing numbers of CCTVs out there, you really have no privacy!)
Old 04-14-2014, 06:19 AM   #94
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
I raise it only because, as someone who made a living as a photojournalist, and still does a lot of photography in public, I run into a lot of people assuming that there are some legal rules around taking pictures in public places - and really there are very few, as long as you don't make a profit from the image. If you're out in public areas, you essentially have no privacy - that's the nature of being out in public. (And with the growing numbers of CCTVs out there, you really have no privacy!)
So true, so very true (re: no real privacy).

This topic was on my mind a bit over the weekend. In one of those weird twists that keep parenting interesting, my son asked to go to the national art gallery (a couple of years ago he probably would have given up a weeks allowance to be spared).

It is a gorgeous building, and I there was a couple of times when I wanted to pull out my phone and grab a picture of my wife, because a) I like taking pictures of her and b) the setting would make for very cool pics. But there always seemed to be someone else around at the perfect moment (and she won't pose nicely, have to catch the moment when it is happening). I refrained, because I didn't want to be catching other people in the pic....but I was wondering, these days, how much of an exception I might be in that regard?
Old 04-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #95
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^It depends.....

An old person, a truly old person, does not give a damn. They will just walk right up to a anyone chosen at random and say something like, "Do you know how to take a picture with a cell phone?" And then just hand off their own (clam-shell flip)phone to a total stranger to just take a picture for them. As such, they will more so tend to get a pass on some of the finer points of this particular area of etiquette. As they should.

Otherwise, if you're in a museum or somewhat of a picturesque setting, or at least part of some sort of gathering for a legitimate occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc...at a restaurant or something); then I would say there is a certain degree of social-latitude extended to you. Just in taking a an extra second or two to more openly ready & aim your device, i.e. to a little more clearly demonstrate that you're not taking the shot surrepticiously, giving the others a fair chance to take themselves out of it. Or, to look at it another way, photo-bomb you.

Basically, think of 5-7 seconds as your ideal window, within which it's actually somewhat more incumbent on the bystander to get out of the way of your shot than it is for you to respect their not wanting to be photographed. The further you go beyond that, longer or shorter; then it more seems like you're trying to catch someone off-guard.

I think so, anyway. Partly because you will also tend to notice that, even in a very crowded, heavily-trafficked area like Grand Central's Main Concourse; if you're obviously trying to get a certain local feature in your shot, the ceiling, the clock, etc..; people will tend make their way around just so as not disrupt you. Or even, some, will stand-briefly in the way of others, as if to help.

I've seen people do that. You just can't, you know, take too, too much advantage.

Conversely, if you're just a guy who likes to take pictures, alone, by yourself, and particularly if you're taking them at some distance to the human subjects largely unknown to you; then, yeah, you will tend to draw some negative attention that way. In which case, regardless of what laws or freedoms may apply, it's generally not a good idea to let your mouth write checks your ass can't cash.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #96
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

And I guess there's always the option of just blurring out faces, or cropping the photos you take (although, it might require a heavy amount of butchering, depending on how crowded the place is.) I tend to be fairly photo averse most of the time, so this isn't a huge problem for me, but it's interesting to think back on outings with the family and how little attention we actually paid to that sort of thing when taking pictures. If a random bystander was in frame, their souls were just unsuspecting victims of the mighty Polaroid...
Old 04-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #97
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

To be honest I never think about it. I don't have a problem with people taking my picture. That being said I can see why someone would get mad. That is why I took it down. I might just take your suggestion Mr. Sensible and blur out peoples faces.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #98
fat hiker

Quote:
So true, so very true (re: no real privacy).

This topic was on my mind a bit over the weekend. In one of those weird twists that keep parenting interesting, my son asked to go to the national art gallery (a couple of years ago he probably would have given up a weeks allowance to be spared).

It is a gorgeous building, and I there was a couple of times when I wanted to pull out my phone and grab a picture of my wife, because a) I like taking pictures of her and b) the setting would make for very cool pics. But there always seemed to be someone else around at the perfect moment (and she won't pose nicely, have to catch the moment when it is happening). I refrained, because I didn't want to be catching other people in the pic....but I was wondering, these days, how much of an exception I might be in that regard?
As Yakatori says, I think if you 'set it up' and give people a few seconds to decide to 'vacate the frame', very few or no people will mind. Of course, that may be too long to grab a casual shot of your wife! (I know my wife is also 'photo averse' except for posed family portraits.)
Old 04-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #99
fat hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
An old person, a truly old person, does not give a damn. They will just walk right up to a anyone chosen at random and say something like, "Do you know how to take a picture with a cell phone?" And then just hand off their own (clam-shell flip)phone to a total stranger to just take a picture for them. As such, they will more so tend to get a pass on some of the finer points of this particular area of etiquette. As they should.
I see a lot of people much younger than 'truly old' doing this, especially in touristy spots; I often end up being the one who is handed the camera! I dunno, do I look especially honest or helpful or something?
Old 04-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #100
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Tad and Fat Hiker, For the most part, most older fat people try to avoid the camera. Specially since it tends to make you look bigger. Thank goodness this new generation does everything with pictures so the chubby/fat/thick people are more welcoming of taking pictures and posing for pictures.