Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Library > Fantasy/Science Fiction Archive



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2007, 09:03 PM   #26
Hamhock
 
Hamhock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 63
Hamhock has said some nice things
Cool Just discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP. View Post
You really want to see what goes on behind the scenes don't you?

Eddie makes for an appropriate sounding diner name. Who and what is he? Well...that's one of the story's weaknesses. Since there's no real plot to the story to speak of, I didn't bother going into the backstory of Ed or his establishment. Typically I don't do too many magic stories, sci-fi is my specialty. While I never mentioned magic in this story, sci-fi only covers part of it, it's got the kind of magic that Wonka has a bit. He never gave her any drugs, any nanites, the machines were cartoonish. The restaurant disapeared at the end of it etc.

Other than that, to be honest I don't know any more about Eddie than you do.
Magic? No. I found this story more analogous to an episode of Rod Serling’s TWILIGHT ZONE or Steven Spielberg’s AMAZING STORIES. The story was written with the same levels of quality and mystery as the works written by them.

But I really posted the question for the other readers. The speculation of them could prove interesting.

Merely discussion, I sometimes try to look below the surface.

It’s just that the story was so very good!
__________________
:eat1: HAMHOCK
Hamhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:41 PM   #27
JP.
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 340
JP. can now change their title
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamhock View Post
Magic? No. I found this story more analogous to an episode of Rod Serling’s TWILIGHT ZONE or Steven Spielberg’s AMAZING STORIES. The story was written with the same levels of quality and mystery as the works written by them.

But I really posted the question for the other readers. The speculation of them could prove interesting.

Merely discussion, I sometimes try to look below the surface.

It’s just that the story was so very good!
Feel free to speculate away then, there's more than enough room to in this case.
JP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:50 AM   #28
Hamhock
 
Hamhock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 63
Hamhock has said some nice things
Post A Story of Four People

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP. View Post
Feel free to speculate away then, there's more than enough room to in this case.


It's been more than a month now since that last post of mine -- and not one person has posted a single responce. I am very disapointed. I had hoped the people reading these posts had more initiative.



A similat thing happened to me when I made a post on the now defunct FATTENUP boards following the abrupt ending of PIGS BE PIGS by Willix. Everyone -- myself included -- were disapointed by the copout way he ended it. There was no climax -- no real resolution. IE -- it was really left unfinished. I had made a post of a general story description of what I thought could have been our own continuation of the story. Like Willix, I had asked for other people to submit possible ideas for it. I think if ANYONE had as much interest as they had when it had been being written, they would have responded.



But no, there was nothing. Just like now -- not one single reply apart from yours JP. The possible speculations could have been interesting. They might even have been enough for you (or me) to have written a possible prequel: EDDIE'S STORY.



But we instead got a story of four people:

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.
There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.
Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.
Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job.
Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.
In the end, Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
__________________
:eat1: HAMHOCK
Hamhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:09 AM   #29
JP.
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 340
JP. can now change their title
Default

I wouldn't take it so hard Hamhock. The majority of people are just here to read, and most go to the Recent additions first. If you want some action you'd be better off making a request in the Story Readers or Story Writers forum. Most likely people didn't realize that you were serious about the request.

For my part, I won't return to this story (sorry about that, for me the story was concluded) but you have my blessing to take this where you'd like. A prequel showing Eddie's origins and his early efforts might be interesting, an update on Jenna's condition, the next victim (Jenna was returning from a sorority, a whole house full of victims). I've often had some developing ideas of a whole bus full of young co-eds falling afoul of someone like Eddie and a Funhouse full of different fattening machines.

Good luck with this.
JP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #30
Hamhock
 
Hamhock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 63
Hamhock has said some nice things
Smile a whole bus full of young co-eds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP. View Post
I wouldn't take it so hard Hamhock. The majority of people are just here to read, and most go to the Recent additions first. If you want some action you'd be better off making a request in the Story Readers or Story Writers forum. Most likely people didn't realize that you were serious about the request.

For my part, I won't return to this story (sorry about that, for me the story was concluded) but you have my blessing to take this where you'd like. A prequel showing Eddie's origins and his early efforts might be interesting, an update on Jenna's condition, the next victim (Jenna was returning from a sorority, a whole house full of victims). I've often had some developing ideas of a whole bus full of young co-eds falling afoul of someone like Eddie and a Funhouse full of different fattening machines.

Good luck with this.
JP:

Please -- If you ever persue that idea, at least consider the possibility of using Eddie again as the antagonist.
__________________
:eat1: HAMHOCK
Hamhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:23 AM   #31
Hamhock
 
Hamhock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 63
Hamhock has said some nice things
Talking Illustrate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofdisasta7 View Post
now only if someone would illustrate it

It has -- after a fasion been illustrated. I know -- I had the pictures done. But it is a variation version. The feedee is male. Google search THE FATTENING OF KEITH.
__________________
:eat1: HAMHOCK
Hamhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:34 AM   #32
sirdank
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
sirdank has said some nice things
Default

keep up the good work
sirdank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.