Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 01-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #376
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The GLBTQ forum is now open! Please come by and say hello.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:10 AM   #377
Mikey

Mikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 club
Thumbs up Ditto!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Supportive supportive supportive!!! I am not GLBTQ but I fully support a presence here as well as discussion. Just want to show my support and stand next to you AFG. I know that members of the community do exist here but this thread was laying here too long unnoticed for my liking.

*bump*
I think Lilly said it best, so ditto for me!! I hope all that use this enjoy it and make good use of it!
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:34 AM   #378
slurpeekell12

slurpeekell12 has said some nice things
Thumbs up

I've been absent from the forum for a while but I just wanted to add my 2 cents and say thank you to Dimensions for thinking of us. I know we queers are probably a small part of this community but it's nice to be noticed. Thanks again and I have to get going now to check out all the other great threads I've been missing
slurpeekell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #379
ssbbwuk

ssbbwuk can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
And supersize gals aren't given much love....even by other fat girls or girls who claim to be FA's. There is always a limit...and I am always just on the other side of what is considered attractive.

I am bisexual but have always called myself a lesbian because 8/10 it is a woman i fancy. However, there appears to be no lesbian FA's in the UK. Therefore, my last couple of relationships have been with guys, as they seem more open minded and appreciative of SSBBW.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #380
dave_ross

dave_ross has said some nice things

finally
dave_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #381
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbbwuk View Post
I am bisexual but have always called myself a lesbian because 8/10 it is a woman i fancy. However, there appears to be no lesbian FA's in the UK. Therefore, my last couple of relationships have been with guys, as they seem more open minded and appreciative of SSBBW.
Aw, there are a couple of queer FFAs based in the UK who appreciate SSBBWs! We posted in Donni's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_ross View Post
finally
Indeed. Hope you feel comfortable posting more here!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #382
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm a 90% lesbian SSBBW who loves SSBBW women....I just happen to have married a (monogamous DAMMIT!!!) man...
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #383
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Celestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Talk About Being Late to the Party!

Whoa...okay there are 20+ pages of this thread to read at this point. I think. I have only read the first page, once before and just now. I wish I could respond or reply to like ten different people who posted but for now I'll just add my two cents to the conversation from here. And then I'll work on reading the beginning of the discussion.

I definitely feel like I am late to the party, but am glad that this party is HERE and QUEER! Hoooray for gay fa's and queer fatties/admirers. This community feels too small, but it seems as though it has grown (not a pun) over the years. Thank Goddess for that!

Transfolk should definitely feel welcome here, and supported! Ummm, I don't have anything else to say just yet, as there is just so much. Wow, so many erudite, intelligent people on the board - I feel right at home (in the virtual sense).

Talk to you all soon and I hope to add some more interesting information to this chat.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #384
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Celestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Thanks for Getting This Going - TO ALL!

Hey EVERYONE:
Thanks for voicing your concerns and getting this board UP! IT is so nice to come back to dimensions after being on hiatus for years and finally find a space where I fit in. As mentioned before, I had already found NOLOSE - an organization specifically for people like US - fat queers and allies. But I also used to come to dimensions because I felt like it was the only place where I could be myself and accepted. The first time I was ever able to open up about how I identify was on dimensions - and then via friends I met through dimensions chat.

I've noticed the boards are a heck of a lot more active than the chat these days, and I'm thrilled for that. It means people are engaging in deeper discussions and the space feels a lot more substantial now, moreso than it ever did, at least for me. But then again, I've been gone for years. I'm glad this space - dimensions - the GLBTQ space - and other "spaces" where we create our community, be they online or off, are able to exist.

So once again, thanks to everyone who got this up and running, and thanks to Conrad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
meep meep! Hello all! It was funny, i totally forgot where this sticky was!! Sooo.. all we need are a few people to get together to discuss the lgbtq board so that we can go to conrad with our suggestions.
Or is the queer forum just not going to happen?
Its up to us all. I actually think that if we do have a seperate forum, not only will we be able to have proper discussions from serious issues to pish.. but also people who are Fa/Fat and Gay/bi/trans will think "brilliant, a place where i feel i am made to feel welcome" and "There is a place for me". I must say when i first happened on dimensions about 9 years ago one of the reasons i didnt sign up to the forums was because i didnt think i would be welcome..though i did chat for a while and met some cool people...erm.. well i met people! whats the saying.. Be the change you want to happen?? or something like that.

xmer
Old 04-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #385
CCC

CCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized rep

Just wanted to give a separate little introduction of myself in this sub-forum.

I'm 100% heterosexual, but I grew up in a very liberal household and hometown (Nyack, NY; I've heard it's actually a haven for lesbians). My public high school was incredibly progressive. I had (have) many gay and lesbian friends, I was a member of GSA for a while, and I participated in the Day of Silence every year of high school. On the Day of Silence senior year I was actually explicitly mocked and hated upon for it, which was a pretty heavy experience (it also sucked because it was my birthday).

Anyway, there's a bit of background, not to say "Look at me! I'm progressive! Love me!" but just to let people know where I'm coming from and why I might visit and post on this board.
I look forward to it.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #386
pineapple cake

pineapple cake has said some nice things
Default this tread is something..

i've been wanting to read for quite sometime. i often find that it's easier to date people who aren't FAs then are. i've never dated a guy, my first relationship and kiss was with a really cute transguy who was so androgenous most people got confused with him. then the second relationship i was in, was another trans who was even more adrogenous, and kind of pulled off that hipster flair that most androgenous bioboys do in that league. so, with that said, i have the reverse history of a lot of women. i do not consider myself to have a specific gender or orientation, but i am queer. i'm fat and don't really hide that fact, i use that as a subject of my art. but anyways. where do the trans community come in. i've only really ever dated transmen..
pineapple cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #387
collared Princess

collared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticed

Oh so cool to have this thread now the other part of me can feel more at home here..yeah!!!!!
collared Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #388
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by collared Princess View Post
Oh so cool to have this thread now the other part of me can feel more at home here..yeah!!!!!
I wanted to welcome the members who posted after me: Collared Princess, CCC, and Pineapple....I haven't figured out the easy route to the multiquote and I'm not into copying and pasting so for now I'll just say HEY friends and welcome to an open-minded, intelligent place to meet like minded-people. Thank Conrad for this board, and for the GLBTQ folks who stood up and requested it happen.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:51 AM   #389
CCC

CCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized repCCC has super-sized rep

Thanks Celisa!
Glad to be here.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #390
seasuperchub84

seasuperchub84 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesseasuperchub84 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I think its great this is available because other websites that are gay male oriented are strictly about sex. Im not ALWAYS into sex, I really like chatting about the things that affect fat people on a daily basis with anyone. So its great I can come on here and discuss this with you guys/girls, its great to get new views on things.
seasuperchub84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #391
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Exactly. I hoped that once the news got around that we were here more people would come for exactly that reason. I know there are quite a few chaser/bear/chub sites around cause i have a couple of bear pals in real life but that most of them are sex orentated.(the sites and my friends). I think it would be totally cool to discuss sex here but at least there is the option to talk about other things too. yessum indeed.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #392
caoimhinroze

caoimhinroze has said some nice things
Default i completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasuperchub84 View Post
I think its great this is available because other websites that are gay male oriented are strictly about sex. Im not ALWAYS into sex, I really like chatting about the things that affect fat people on a daily basis with anyone. So its great I can come on here and discuss this with you guys/girls, its great to get new views on things.
I agree. I'm tired of going to websites and being bombared by ads for sex or paysites. Its refreshing to have this board.
caoimhinroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #393
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caoimhinroze View Post
I agree. I'm tired of going to websites and being bombared by ads for sex or paysites. Its refreshing to have this board.
Yay! i am loving that people are loving the fact that there is chatter here that is not 'all' about sex. Spread the word! ..hmm.. though..lets chat about sex sometimes! Please thanks.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #394
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

congrads on the new forum! its looking good! i'm straight but i look forward to coming over doing a lot of learning and making an occassional ass out of myself by commenting. ty for teaching me some stuff in advance.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #395
mergirl

You are more than welcome.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #396
caoimhinroze

caoimhinroze has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Yay! i am loving that people are loving the fact that there is chatter here that is not 'all' about sex. Spread the word! ..hmm.. though..lets chat about sex sometimes! Please thanks.
oh of course
caoimhinroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:39 PM   #397
LisaRockfordBBW
CLUB ROUND in ILLINOIS

LisaRockfordBBW can now change their title
Default Lgbt Bbw Events At Club Round Clubhouse

Hi All,
Just wanted to say hello and let folks in the IL/WI area know that Club Round Clubhouse hosts events for the LGBT community. Our LGBT liaison, Naomi Nordine, hosts a free women's group. Naomi is a BBW, size accepting, and in a relationship with a FTM. If you need a safe, alcohol free, place to hang out, then contact us.
With love,
Lisa
For Plus-Size Adults, Teens, and Kids
7120 Windsor Lake Parkway
Suite 202 Upstairs
Loves Park, IL 61111
815-639-0312
815-639-0303 FAX
E-MAIL: clubroundclubhouse@yahoo.com
YAHOO E-GROUP: clubround@yahoogroups.com
LisaRockfordBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:14 AM   #398
mergirl

Thats so cool. I wish we had that here. Though, i think the alcohol free bit might not work so well in Scotland!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:33 AM   #399
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Or in London!

Group sounds awesome though.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #400
FatBoyUK

FatBoyUK has said some nice things

Hi there, I'm a bi guy - currently enjoying my time with men - based in the UK.
FatBoyUK is offline   Reply With Quote