Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 10-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Types of Bellies

This question arises from a conversation I had with someone tonight. There are big giant single bellies, and then there are double bellies. Then, within the "double bellies" category, we have "big mac bellies" (think I have Ashley and AnnMarie to credit for that term?) and then, seemingly more rarely, split bellies. I just went through the belly hang thread (well, the first 40 pages!) and didn't see ANY other pictures of people with split upper bellies (except POSSIBLY CrankySpice's - couldn't really tell).

As one of those folks with a split upper belly, I'm trying to figure out what makes my belly different from others. In other words, what made it develop differently/in such a weird () way. I remember developing my "second set of boobs," as I call it, very early on in my life as a chubby kid/teen, so it's been around for a long time, even at much smaller sizes.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been wondering about this for a loooong time, ever since I discovered Dims and paysite photos and learned that not everyone's belly was like mine.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs up "Breast Echoes"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
This question arises from a conversation I had with someone tonight. There are big giant single bellies, and then there are double bellies. Then, within the "double bellies" category, we have "big mac bellies" (think I have Ashley and AnnMarie to credit for that term?) and then, seemingly more rarely, split bellies. I just went through the belly hang thread (well, the first 40 pages!) and didn't see ANY other pictures of people with split upper bellies (except POSSIBLY CrankySpice's - couldn't really tell).

As one of those folks with a split upper belly, I'm trying to figure out what makes my belly different from others. In other words, what made it develop differently/in such a weird () way. I remember developing my "second set of boobs," as I call it, very early on in my life as a chubby kid/teen, so it's been around for a long time, even at much smaller sizes.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been wondering about this for a loooong time, ever since I discovered Dims and paysite photos and learned that not everyone's belly was like mine.
Most Mammals have multiple sets of nipples going down to the crotch in a 'V' shape... the phenotype along which nipples can develop is called "the Milk Line" ...people can have mysterious moles along these lines which are actually extra nipples! So, I dunno; nature or nurture? Do belly-types run in families... among ethnic groups? Hormonal expression at various stages of development... exercise patterns from repetitive gestures? Body sculpture- chicken or the egg? Anyway, "breast echoes" as first made famous by DIM covergirl Monique are quickly becoming my favorite belly formation feature... for what it's worth...
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #3
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just sit back and enjoy bellies all shapes and sizes...its all good. I prefer the one big belly bulging out over pants/panties but muffin tops are super sexy ;-)
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Can we sneak a peek of your belly?
And then we will tell you honestly what we think.
Blockierer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
No-No-Badkitty
Purrrrrrrrr~

No-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 club

I have a divided upper belly. It's not extreme, but it's also all muscle. It's like have a a 1/3 a six pack or something and the muscle is hard.

My lower belly is soft and I can't figure out why it's not a little tougher like my bulge under my boobs but it isn't.

Oh well...

:kiss2:The Man I Love :kiss2:
No-No-Badkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Then, within the "double bellies" category, we have "big mac bellies"
What does that mean? That it looks like a Big Mac cheeseburger in profile? That has so many different sections, I'm having a hard time visualizing. I want to see an example!
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

just a regular double belly. Two round bellies, one on top of another. The bottom one I think is usually bigger.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
Old 10-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #8
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh, ok. I came up with this for the purpose of illustration (I stole one of Heather's old pics, hope that's all right) :

Last edited by LalaCity; 09-27-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #9
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

Dammit, now I want a BigMac. lol

Old 10-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #10
LalaCity

Quote:
Dammit, now I want a BigMac. lol
Well, that can only help with the belly definition, so I say go for it!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:48 PM   #11
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Our lovely Canadian poster, Ruffie has that upper split part you talk about! She isn't keen on it if I remember, but I think its cute and different looking!

I think it's just one of these things where, everyone is a bit different and fat places itself differently.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #12
Suze
Too Vanilla For You

Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i've always wondered why some people have double bellies and some don't.

since i didn't really have any other options at the time, i would always squeeze myself into jeans 1-2 sizes too small when i was a teenager. (ouch)
after all those years in ill fitting clothing i would think i would have developed one too...but nope! (i'm a big lower belly, small(ish) waist kinda girl)

wish there was any studies of this, i'm genuinly curious!
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #13
Kouskous

Kouskous can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKouskous can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I always like to say that everyone wears their fat differently! Each unique and pretty. I myself have a larger lower belly and typical pear shape proportions. I have to say though, sometimes I feel like a shape shifter because depending on what I wear, the fat either squishes or molds depending on where the clothing is tighter.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #14
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ooooh, BBM, this is a good question. I've wondered about that too. I just figured it was cause of where my pants lay. You know, that roll under my boobs hangs over where my pants button up. Where my pants button up is where it's sort of cinched in. kind of like this --> 8

It's interesting the way fat spreads out differently on people.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:06 AM   #15
Filly
Searching Restlessly

Filly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFilly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFilly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

BigBeautifulMe, great post!! I *think* I know what you mean when you say Split Belly. And if what I think is right.... then I have one. Could you post a pic of your belly? If what I think is what is right..... then I have often wondered why I have a belly thats different from most! It has always worried me a little bit. But if I know other people have them then I wont feel so silly.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #16
Adrian
??

Adrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging in
Default RE: Types of Bellies

Bellies or tummys are the one part of a BBW's body of which I find attractive in ALL shapes.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #17
MuleVariationsNYC
Math ap Mathonwy

MuleVariationsNYC makes people happy simply by logging inMuleVariationsNYC makes people happy simply by logging inMuleVariationsNYC makes people happy simply by logging inMuleVariationsNYC makes people happy simply by logging inMuleVariationsNYC makes people happy simply by logging inMuleVariationsNYC makes people happy simply by logging inMuleVariationsNYC makes people happy simply by logging inMuleVariationsNYC makes people happy simply by logging inMuleVariationsNYC makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:

I do have a theory about this, but I can't be positive because my favorite anatomy text book has been lent to a friend.

Anyways, I think it has to do with something called fascia, which are sheets of tissue that wrap around and divide different parts of the internal anatomy. Abdominal fat gets stored in lots of places, but a good portion of it ends up in the "superficial fascia", which (confusingly) really consists of 2 distinct fascial layers, "Camper's" and "Scarpa's". Camper's is where most of the fat directly below the skin (subcutaneous fat) can be found, and it tends to be thick (several inches in some folks) and fatty, while Scarpa's is thin and fibrous.

What does this have to do with double bellies? At certain points, in certain people, Camper's and Scarpa's remember that they belong together and fuse. When this happens, one section of Camper's gets sealed off from another, represented by a crease (think of it as a weld between two compartments).

Here's a crude diagram of what I mean.

S______C
|..f..../
|..a../
|..t./
|.|
|..f.\
|..a..\
|..t....\
[insides] ->(front)

Not everyone gets a crease, but for those who do the most common place is right around the belly button. In order to get the double belly, you need a) to have the weld, and b) to have enough fat stored within the layer to make the crease prominent. If you have more fat stored behind this layer than within it (which is not unusual), the crease won't be so noticeable. (I even have one, but I'm so slender you're hard pressed to see it). Big Mac Bellies or upper bellies just have more/different fused levels. There's a logic behind why they occur where they do, but I've rambled on about obscure anatomy enough already.

Split belly occurs because of a different fascial fusion (Linea alba), with a slight twist, but the principle is the same.

This theory could be partially, mostly, or even entirely wrong, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MVNYC.

ps: I'm not typically this cold and clinical when it comes to my appreciation of bellies, I swear...

Last edited by MuleVariationsNYC; 10-17-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: tweaked diagram
MuleVariationsNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #18
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuleVariationsNYC View Post
I do have a theory about this, but I can't be positive because my favorite anatomy text book has been lent to a friend.

Anyways, I think it has to do with something called fascia, which are sheets of tissue that wrap around and divide different parts of the internal anatomy. Abdominal fat gets stored in lots of places, but a good portion of it ends up in the "superficial fascia", which (confusingly) really consists of 2 distinct fascial layers, "Camper's" and "Scarpa's". Camper's is where most of the fat directly below the skin (subcutaneous fat) can be found, and it tends to be thick (several inches in some folks) and fatty, while Scarpa's is thin and fibrous.

What does this have to do with double bellies? At certain points, in certain people, Camper's and Scarpa's remember that they belong together and fuse. When this happens, one section of Camper's gets sealed off from another, represented by a crease (think of it as a weld between two compartments).

Here's a crude diagram of what I mean.

S______C
|..f..../
|..a../
|..t./
|.|
|..f.\
|..a..\
|..t....\
[insides] ->(front)

Not everyone gets a crease, but for those who do the most common place is right around the belly button. In order to get the double belly, you need a) to have the weld, and b) to have enough fat stored within the layer to make the crease prominent. If you have more fat stored behind this layer than within it (which is not unusual), the crease won't be so noticeable. (I even have one, but I'm so slender you're hard pressed to see it). Big Mac Bellies or upper bellies just have more/different fused levels. There's a logic behind why they occur where they do, but I've rambled on about obscure anatomy enough already.

Split belly occurs because of a different fascial fusion (Linea alba), with a slight twist, but the principle is the same.

This theory could be partially, mostly, or even entirely wrong, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MVNYC.

ps: I'm not typically this cold and clinical when it comes to my appreciation of bellies, I swear...
this was, honestly, extremely fascinating. thanks k!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #19
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Cranky Spice doesn't have a split upper belly, but I believe Cat does - her SubBoobs®.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #20
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have a theory that the double belly -- or "big mac" bellies are developed with tight jeans. Jeans typically come up only to the belly button, so the theory -- if a girl gains weight while wearing tight jeans, a double belly will develop. It starts as a "muffin top", but continues to grow the full big mac.
Eh, it could be bunk.

As for the split upper belly, I prefer the term "Sub-boob™" as displayed here: http://www.catay.com/weekdetail.asp?WeekID=69
Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #21
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

Hahaha! I'm not alone! I've called them my second set of boobs since I hit puberty. lol

Old 10-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #22
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

hehehe, AM, I'm surprised and honored that you remembered what I call 'em! :-)
Old 10-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #23
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
hehehe, AM, I'm surprised and honored that you remembered what I call 'em! :-)
C'mon, not just slightly disturbed or creeped out? hahah.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:40 PM   #24
AtlantisAK

AtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going on

What I think is especially cute is the 'triple belly' lilke what Margot has. (see her pic at Bigcuties.com under the Bonanza, great pic of her triple tummy.) Its so cute...I saw one or two others who've had the same tummy and I love it. Wish I had one too! I've got the classic double belly, although I kinda think my top one is a bit bigger than the bottom half...At least thats how it seems when I wear pants.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #25
AtlantisAK

AtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
I have a theory that the double belly -- or "big mac" bellies are developed with tight jeans. Jeans typically come up only to the belly button, so the theory -- if a girl gains weight while wearing tight jeans, a double belly will develop. It starts as a "muffin top", but continues to grow the full big mac.
Eh, it could be bunk.

As for the split upper belly, I prefer the term "Sub-boob™" as displayed here: http://www.catay.com/weekdetail.asp?WeekID=69
I think I agree with the theory of the double belly....Ive always worn snug pants, and where my fat wasnt squashed in, thats where the fold came. Right at the belly button area, of course. Maybe people should say what type of belly they have and how they've worn their pants?