Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 10-13-2008, 05:22 AM   #1
fullagrace27

fullagrace27 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfullagrace27 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Does being big means never being able to have a comfortable bra??

Im really desprate here and i would like to know your opinion. Does it always have to be itchy and fall off my shoulders? As soon as i get home i MUST take off my bra first thing. And all the time i have it on i dream of taking it off. WHERE DO I GET A COMFORTABLE BRA???
fullagrace27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:31 AM   #2
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

well, what's your size?

I don't really have your problem, mainly because I have small ta-tas.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
No-No-Badkitty
Purrrrrrrrr~

No-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullagrace27 View Post
Im really desprate here and i would like to know your opinion. Does it always have to be itchy and fall off my shoulders? As soon as i get home i MUST take off my bra first thing. And all the time i have it on i dream of taking it off. WHERE DO I GET A COMFORTABLE BRA???

If it's falling off your shoulders it's not fitted right.
Comfortable bras will also not be cheap. In my experience you will not find them at wal-mart...but you will have to go to a quality store and fork out around 40.00 for a bra.
I have found Lane bryants to have some really comfortable bras, with or without under wire.
I wear a sports bra that is really comfortable, only it pulls at the back of my neck (because of the shape) and gives me a mono boob, but other than that my boobies do not move in it.
I have several underwire from lane bryants and I just put up with the stiffness because I am a 42/44 F and need the support but I have also purchased 100% fabric ones in the past that I wear around the house. They are comfortable enough to sleep in but they do not offer any kind of support and my chest is so big that I need that or my back hurts.

:kiss2:The Man I Love :kiss2:
No-No-Badkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've always had a rough time with bras, being large breasted (DD) and short 5'2", with a particularly short torso. The only bras that fit me consistently and comfortably are Vanity Fair. They have an underwire but it's short in front so it doesn't come up so high that I'm afraid it'll hit me in the nose. The straps are close together so they don't slip off the shoulders. And they hold up well over time. There are lots of sizes and styles to choose from, and some go up to 48DD but most go up to 42DD.

With bras it's always good to try them on, if you can. And if you're brave, maybe try getting fitted at Nordies or something. That way you'll know exactly what size you are.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've always had trouble finding a bra that fits right because my band size is particularly large in comparison to my cup size. Finally, I found the perfect bra at Fashion Bug. It's the only type of bra I wear now!
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm going to have to say that virtually all bras except for marginally supportive and shapeless stretch cotton bras were uncomfortable bras until I got properly sized and fitted. I thought I wore a DD, I really wear an H. Now that I know the right size, even underwire bras aren't uncomfortable. I pretty much only wear Goddess bras. They tend to fit me well and hold up really well as long as I am careful to hand wash them. They also don't cost a fortune and have some pretty styles in my size.

But fit is probably the most important thing about a comfortable bra.
Tracy
Old 10-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #7
Fyreflyintheskye
☯tae kwan donut champ☯

Fyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I bought a steel breast plate to lift and support the ladies, as well as protect mi corazon whilst I am jousting. I was lucky enough to have a coupon AND it matches my chastity belt. All in all, a wonderful purchase. I just occasionally oil & buff it up.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #8
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

In my experience, most ladies, especially BBWs tend to go for bras that are far too big in the band and too small in the cup thanks to the outdated "add 5/6 inches to underbust" measuring system. This doesn't offer much support, straps are continually digging into skin or sliding off and you can even end up with back and shoulder pain so it does seem that you are indeed wearing the wrong size. These days, the band size is equivalent to your underbust size, and BBWs or those with squishy underbusts could even afford to go down a couple of band sizes.

As for bras being itchy, could it be just the material? Like BadKitty said, you do pay for what you get and quality support is even more important for large-breasted women. Comfortable, well-fitting bras are definitely worth the investment, and I am glad to say that the quality of my life has improved tremendously ever since I got fitted with 28Gs.

It will be helpful if you have an idea of what size you are. Please do check out this guide for a more in-depth explanation. Nothing beats a proper fitting in person, of course, even though fitters at big stores tend to try to put you in their size range so be aware. Here is some more information, including pictures of what a properly fitting bra should look like, courtesy of Bravissimo.

Where are you located? Many online shops do have a generous return policy so it might be worth paying extra shipping just to be able to try on a number of bras in different sizes and styles.

I understand that there aren't as many options available for busty women in the US. I highly recommend Curvylicious. They have bras up to 46G, the prices are amazing considering the quality and they even have a flat-rate international shipping of only 4 pounds. You should also ought to check out the lovely Beabea's site, they carry big bras in a 56 band size. Being a 28G I haven't shopped there myself, but I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Good luck! ;D

Last edited by Cors; 10-13-2008 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Grammar and fixed links.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #9
irish_redhead
Shop-o-holic

irish_redhead does more than just post hot picsirish_redhead does more than just post hot picsirish_redhead does more than just post hot pics

I used to absolutely hate bras. I never had one that fit without cutting in or rolling, even when it was properly sized. I hated the mono-boob, I hated the cone boobs.

On the off chance I found one I loved, it was guaranteed to be discontinued at the end of the season.

And they never lasted - after a couple of months they'd be stretched out and unsupportive. I also detest underwire (having seen a friend who was pierced by underwire that just about punctured her lung will do that).

Until I found this one: A soft cup, padded bra from Lane Bryant cacique. Seemless, uplifting, supports like underwire and makes the girls look great! And it's so comfy I can wear it 20 hours a day if I have to. The band doesn't ride up in the back.

I see it's on sale now, so I worry that it's going to be discontinued too. But I've been wearing them for about 2 years, still have the first one I bought (it hasn't stretched out barely at all), and loaded up last year when our dollar was strong. I think I have about 15 of them packed away right now. So long as I don't change sizes, I'm all good. I even converted one into a halter bra to wear with my halter tops.

They're on eBay quite frequently, and there's one or 2 sellers who have them all the time it seems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8328866.jpg (14.5 KB, 166 views)

Warning: insomnia has been known to cause strong opinons, incoherent ramblings and compulsive shopping.
irish_redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #10
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Also wanted to add, Uppercup is also currently having a sale. They carry sizes up to a 56" band, L cup and carry 10XL. ;D
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #11
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'll second the Lane Bryant Cacique line....although I have a different model I like. It's cotton, and it's supportive, gives good shape, no uni-boob, but no underwires....very comfortable.

Here's the model that works for me...I tried on probably 20 different styles and sizes from assorted companies this summer, and this one works for me for my "everyday" bra.

http://www.lanebryant.com/pagebuilde...l&item=5358239
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #12
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

I had the same issue, until I switched to www.decentexposures.com

They are custom bras, that will hold you up, support you well, and are extremely comfortable. No ridge marks in the shoulders, no underwires and they fit like a dream.

They are pricey, but if you buy 3 at a time they give you 10% off and they last forever. I usually buy 3 new ones once a year. I have about 9 of them in the drawer that are in such good condition that I may skip buying this year.

When you get your first bra from them, if it is not a perfect fit, you can send it back as many times as necessary until it is a perfect fit. Then they keep your measurements on file and they will make then the same any time you order.

Give then a try, I think you will be surprised. BTW I order their front closure bra, regular back, lined cotton lycra, in a 42J with Xshort straps. (It really is customized!!)
Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #13
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i feel your pain.
FB told me I should be wearing a 42F when I got measured yesterday.

I'm pissed.
You can't buy those in the stores!!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #14
No-No-Badkitty
Purrrrrrrrr~

No-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 clubNo-No-Badkitty is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
i feel your pain.
FB told me I should be wearing a 42F when I got measured yesterday.

I'm pissed.
You can't buy those in the stores!!

Tell me about it. I squeeze into a 44DDD because it's all I can find.

:kiss2:The Man I Love :kiss2:
No-No-Badkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:51 PM   #15
fullagrace27

fullagrace27 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfullagrace27 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Smile

Thank you much to al of you. The thing is, I am in Europe, in Estonia! No way to get fitted here and i have to order all my bras from ebay. I recently got one Avenue bra. 46D. The itchy one . I think i have never had a bra that didnt have the straps falling off my shoulders. I must be 46 D. It fits around and the cup too. Who has those bras on ebay that you suggested? Lane Bryant one and all others. I would get 3...4 and see whats best. Thank you so much for help....
fullagrace27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:41 AM   #16
AshleyEileen
chunky

AshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_redhead View Post
I used to absolutely hate bras. I never had one that fit without cutting in or rolling, even when it was properly sized. I hated the mono-boob, I hated the cone boobs.

On the off chance I found one I loved, it was guaranteed to be discontinued at the end of the season.

And they never lasted - after a couple of months they'd be stretched out and unsupportive. I also detest underwire (having seen a friend who was pierced by underwire that just about punctured her lung will do that).

Until I found this one: A soft cup, padded bra from Lane Bryant cacique. Seemless, uplifting, supports like underwire and makes the girls look great! And it's so comfy I can wear it 20 hours a day if I have to. The band doesn't ride up in the back.

I see it's on sale now, so I worry that it's going to be discontinued too. But I've been wearing them for about 2 years, still have the first one I bought (it hasn't stretched out barely at all), and loaded up last year when our dollar was strong. I think I have about 15 of them packed away right now. So long as I don't change sizes, I'm all good. I even converted one into a halter bra to wear with my halter tops.

They're on eBay quite frequently, and there's one or 2 sellers who have them all the time it seems.
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but that bra is being discontinued. Check your local LB's after Christmas for the semi-annual sale. We were told to box up all the discontinued bras to save for that event.
I hope this helps!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #17
irish_redhead
Shop-o-holic

irish_redhead does more than just post hot picsirish_redhead does more than just post hot picsirish_redhead does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyEileen View Post
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but that bra is being discontinued. Check your local LB's after Christmas for the semi-annual sale. We were told to box up all the discontinued bras to save for that event.
I hope this helps!
I somehow knew it.

I have a bunch in reserve right now. I'm in Canada, so no local LB here for me to get to.

I'll keep an eye on eBay and snatch up everything I can.

Do you work there? If so, I could offer you a very lucrative proposal if you could scoop up my size when the sale starts and ship them to me!

Warning: insomnia has been known to cause strong opinons, incoherent ramblings and compulsive shopping.
irish_redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #18
AshleyEileen
chunky

AshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_redhead View Post
I somehow knew it.

I have a bunch in reserve right now. I'm in Canada, so no local LB here for me to get to.

I'll keep an eye on eBay and snatch up everything I can.

Do you work there? If so, I could offer you a very lucrative proposal if you could scoop up my size when the sale starts and ship them to me!
I'll see what I can do!
Send me a PM with the size you need.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #19
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-No-Badkitty View Post
Tell me about it. I squeeze into a 44DDD because it's all I can find.

That's me. I squeeze into a 50DDD because that's what I can find and i'm not paying $100 for a bra (I should be at least a 52G). I use a extender for the back though sometimes and that helps. Luckily they don't dig into my shoulders but I have bulging cleavage when they get a bit older.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote