Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 10-30-2005, 10:44 PM   #26
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Now let me get this straight.......

So far, we have:
Shortwave Radio
78 Record Player
The Mighty Casio Wk-1600 Keyboard (covers all drum and bass duties along with 200 wild and wacky sounds!)
A Microphone with soulful Gothic Chanteuse
A Kazoo
Jaw-harp
A Banjo-playin' gal!
....desperately need a tuba player!

Alrighty then, we are almost ready for the WORLD!!!
Rehearsals for the Dimensions' BHM/FFA Board "Virtual Tuba and Sitting Band" will be held....errrrr.....ahhhh......ohhhhh.....well, we'll have 'em in my bedroom...sure...that's the ticket...I am sure the landlady won't mind a bit! ROFL (oh, it would be "marching" band, but not only do I need to plug into an electric socket somewhere, but I am just a tad podgy to be marching around with an 80 pound keyboard!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaf
I guess I could break out my jew's harp, lol.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:34 AM   #27
Geepy
On Timeout

Geepy has said some nice things
Default Geep of the Arts!

During the hey day of small press publishing, I did a lot of fat-positive cartooning(see my Yahoo group HIGHSCALE) but I haven't drawn much lately. I like to try different stuff- published a horror/scifi movie magazine, made a bunch of films & videos, hosted a couple web sites, created a several podcasts, and even did a few photo comix(posted here on this board!). Right now I am playing around with the idea of doing a fat-positive audio drama podcast(on demand MP3 web radio). Most people think I'm crazy for doing an audio show about such a visual medium, but to me that's like saying writing fat-positive fiction is dumb. Well told stories are always good no matter what the medium, and the audioplay is a powerful artform that has been neglected for far too long. Any others out there interested in this?
Geepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:45 AM   #28
Fat Ol' Maestro
On Timeout

Fat Ol' Maestro has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obesus
...desperately need a tuba player!
Come now, Timmer, did you not know that in my many guises as a musician (the best-and-most-consistently-paying gig being an organist), I am also a low brass player? Tuba, trombone? Yes, indeed. So the band is complete.

I have read with great interest the Creativity Thread here, and was just too busy this week to post my own abilities. Organ, yes. Improvisation, indeed (just played two shows of Chaney's "Phantom"). Composer/arranger, with the most recent and bizarre assignment of doing contract work for a former job: creating podcasts, writing some original stuff for their slideshow software, beta-testing some Web radio software.

And, of course, a number of WG writings, all under some other names.
Fat Ol' Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:13 PM   #29
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I really really tried to play trombone and tuba. It vibrated my face so bad it hurt/tickled if you know what I mean. I play trumpet, piano, french horn, oboe, etc... but low brass was too tickling!
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:30 AM   #30
Fat Ol' Maestro
On Timeout

Fat Ol' Maestro has said some nice things
Default Ticklin' Tuba?

Quote:
I really really tried to play trombone and tuba. It vibrated my face so bad it hurt/tickled if you know what I mean. I play trumpet, piano, french horn, oboe, etc... but low brass was too tickling!
Missa, it does cause lots of vibration. The way I see it, tuba playing is excellent for developing breath control, lips and tongue. Doesn't do much for the brain, though...I usually feel the brain still vibrating after a long rehearsal (or perhaps it's some of the music)
Fat Ol' Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:50 AM   #31
lady of the dark
I like bellies!

lady of the dark can now change their title

those two are pictures from paintings I did recently... I think fat women are much more fun to paint then skinny ones Tell me what you think!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0001.JPG (65.1 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0004.JPG (65.2 KB, 97 views)
lady of the dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:00 AM   #32
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Thumbs up Very nice Fauvist colors....

...and beauuuuuu-tiful shapes! The figures float and pose in ways that belie their size, which is something a lot of folks might not "get"....some fat folk are very very light on their feet and fast walkers....experiences at odds with popular perception....I like the spirit and energy of the images...they convey a ballet world/circus performer ambience that is very nice. I can see these paintings in beautiful antique gold-leaf frames.....groovy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of the dark
those two are pictures from paintings I did recently... I think fat women are much more fun to paint then skinny ones Tell me what you think!
Old 11-04-2005, 12:06 AM   #33
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default Holy Gosh a-Moses!

I did not know the specifics of your musical abilities....yes....the band is perked and ready to go....errrr.....now we just need to have the road-crew get you safe and sound into the wild FFA-less wastelands of Frisco! LOL
Chaney's "Phantom of the Opera"....wow....I am in no small awe...that must have been a wonderful experience! I could only dream, but I am basically a guitar player who has transferred to keyboards and I still think in string terms. I have a student cello and I used to play viola....so we are quite the musical force to contend with!
PS...I didn't know about the stories either....a man of mystery! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Ol' Maestro
Come now, Timmer, did you not know that in my many guises as a musician (the best-and-most-consistently-paying gig being an organist), I am also a low brass player? Tuba, trombone? Yes, indeed. So the band is complete.

I have read with great interest the Creativity Thread here, and was just too busy this week to post my own abilities. Organ, yes. Improvisation, indeed (just played two shows of Chaney's "Phantom"). Composer/arranger, with the most recent and bizarre assignment of doing contract work for a former job: creating podcasts, writing some original stuff for their slideshow software, beta-testing some Web radio software.

And, of course, a number of WG writings, all under some other names.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:11 AM   #34
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default Geepster...that is a wonderful idea!

That is kind of what I do with my Performance Art...creating stories that pull folks in to places that they might never have thought of...I got the idea while working with Fluxus artist, Willem de Ridder...whose shtick is to host stories from ordinary folks on the Dutch National Radio...his show is a huge hit because most people can spin a good yarn if given the opportunity!
I am impressed with the range and creativity of your endeavours...someday wouldn't it be lovely to have a "Fat" show in a real gallery, collecting the work of artists from all over the Dimensions universe! Wild!
PS I am interested in your Horror.Sci-Fi magazine...that is one of my special interest areas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geepy
During the hey day of small press publishing, I did a lot of fat-positive cartooning(see my Yahoo group HIGHSCALE) but I haven't drawn much lately. I like to try different stuff- published a horror/scifi movie magazine, made a bunch of films & videos, hosted a couple web sites, created a several podcasts, and even did a few photo comix(posted here on this board!). Right now I am playing around with the idea of doing a fat-positive audio drama podcast(on demand MP3 web radio). Most people think I'm crazy for doing an audio show about such a visual medium, but to me that's like saying writing fat-positive fiction is dumb. Well told stories are always good no matter what the medium, and the audioplay is a powerful artform that has been neglected for far too long. Any others out there interested in this?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:08 AM   #35
lady of the dark
I like bellies!

lady of the dark can now change their title

Quote:
...and beauuuuuu-tiful shapes! The figures float and pose in ways that belie their size, which is something a lot of folks might not "get"....some fat folk are very very light on their feet and fast walkers....experiences at odds with popular perception....I like the spirit and energy of the images...they convey a ballet world/circus performer ambience that is very nice. I can see these paintings in beautiful antique gold-leaf frames.....groovy!

Wow Thank you
lady of the dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:54 AM   #36
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default Alrighty then.....

My dream of the fattest band in Frisco is going to happen....by default...I am going to work with fellow BHM Kenne on his Freedom Rock project, which is the stoner version of the old Dead Girl band, without Suzi...it is sooooo Frisco! The advantage is that I will have to buy a cute little Fender Squier with orange sunburst...because all I have now is the Washburn acoustic electric...huzzah and frammuses...rock on!! Anybody know how to play drums at all? LOL I AM the Burl Ives of Stoner Rock! ROFL
Old 11-18-2005, 08:16 AM   #37
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I can play Congas and timpani, but don't ask me to coordinate my limbs to play a trap set, rofl.
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:43 PM   #38
bigwideland

bigwideland can now change their title
Default My Art

As I have said I am into Bonsai, LandScape and Lego.

So a few Bonsai and Painting Pics,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image0001.jpg (21.2 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg image0003.jpg (60.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg image0004.jpg (60.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg image0001-1.jpg (63.0 KB, 86 views)
bigwideland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 10:24 PM   #39
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default Congas, bongos and timpani.....

That wild and crazy beatnik style, man, that is, like dark green man, solid! Heeeeyy! LOL Sounds great though! Lennon studios Sundays..2:00PM (except this Sunday)...we will expect you there! Rock on! (ohhh, alright, I am just frammusing, but wouldn't it just be so much fun! )
By the way, I suddenly realized why the tuba is so arousing for women who love fat men..."Tubby the Tuba" must have been the first love for many a young FFA!!!
PS...I am dropping the smaller Squier and getting THE FAT STRAT!!! It actually exists...sage green too!!! Woo-hooooooo!

Quote:
I can play Congas and timpani, but don't ask me to coordinate my limbs to play a trap set, rofl.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:36 PM   #40
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Talking Those are so beautiful!

The painting and bonsai are both very beautiful! I am so glad we started this thread, because we are getting an extraordinary range of creativity and your talent here is impressive..keep sharing! I am sure everyone is enjoying them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwideland
As I have said I am into Bonsai, LandScape and Lego.

So a few Bonsai and Painting Pics,
Old 12-01-2005, 10:32 PM   #41
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club
Cool

No one could ever accuse you of being ordinary Obe!
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 10:16 PM   #42
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club
Default Cool name!

Quote:
....it's almost 2006....and time for a bit of musica! I just registered the band name on Bandname.com...."Sons of the Widow"...the first name of Kristine Ambrosia's band back in the olden days of the 80's...I'm concentrating on keyboard and looking for bass and drums..I am dubious about the whole guitar thing at this point...ooooh...I am on a fury here...must hit Casio WK-1600 on that Drawbar Organ setting...of course, the Scarab thing will happen...of course...but we do need to RAWK too!
That's an impressive machine you've got there Obe. I bet you can even get Tuba sounds out of that thing! You know to be considered a full-fledged Dimensions BHM you must be able to play the Tuba, or be able to make sounds resembling a Tuba, by whatever means you have available.

I must tell you I'm torn as to whether or not I like that photo. I'm sure the obvious reason I don't like that photo is because it hides your incredibly cute face and perky bald head. That is just bad, bad, bad!

On the other hand, (no pun intended), your hands are adorable! What could be better than fat, freckled fingers? Nothing! I just love seeing your hands!

So maybe you'll give me a gift for the New Year and have Suzi snap a pic of you with your rosie-red cheeks and sweet smile showing? You can still make some sparks fly from your fat fingertips on the Casio while giving me a Partridge Family style pose, can't ya? I know you're into looking all dark and mysterious during your gigs but maybe just once, for me, you'll pull that hood off and show me your pearly whites!

I hope your Santa gig went well today and you didn't have any of this happening!!!...

http://www.southflorida.com/events/s...allery?index=2
Old 12-25-2005, 10:51 PM   #43
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Thumbs up Eeeep!!!

Break The Ice
(John DuCann)

Everything You Say,Evil Woman You.
Taking All You Can,Everything You Do.
Guess I'm The One,Yes I'm The One.

Tread A Dirty Road,Close Away The Day.
Careful Now,You Look.Look The Other Way.
'Cos I'm The One,,Yes I'm The One.

You Can't Stop,Oh,The Way You Feel.
Can You Know?Can You Understand?
When I See You Trying To Be So Nice,
Coming Closer Now,Breaking The Ice.

Come Along With Me,Time For You To Pay.
In The Heat Of Night I Will Show The Way.

In The Cold Of Day You Will Never Find
The Amorbid Sensor Hidden In My Mind.
'Cos I'm The One,Yes I'm The One.

You Can't Stop,Oh,The Way I Feel.
Can You Know?Can You Understand?
For When I see You Trying To Be So Nice,
Coming Closer Now,Breaking The Ice.

Everything You Say,Evil Woman You.
Taking All You Can,Everything You Do.

Tread A Dirty Road,Close Away The Day.
Careful Now,You Look.Look The Other Way.
'Cos I'm The One,Yes I'm The One.
Yes I'm The One,Yes I'm The One.

I'm going to hold you to that promise! Thank you for the new pics!!

I love the story from today. How sweet and loving you are with the kids!

Old 12-25-2005, 11:11 PM   #44
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Default uh huh

Quote:
Wowzers....for a moment here, the ol' Obie is speechless!
Ohmigosh...there is that weird connecty thing again...I am listening to DuCann's "She's my Woman" as we post! Wowzers! Jeannie got the magick!
She's My Woman
(John DuCann)

I Tried All Night To Get It Right
But It's So Hot, She Was So Uptight.
It Can't Be Something I Could Have Said,
But It's So Hard To Get It Through Her Head.

But Then She, Oh She,She Is My Woman.
But Then She, Oh She,She Is My Woman.

Just The Other Morning She Was Feeling Fine,
So I Put On Something She Wouldn't Mind.
She Pretended That She Didn't See,
It's All A Game That's Scary For Me.

But Then She, Oh She, She Is My Woman.
But Then She, Oh She, She Is My Woman.
(And There Ain't Nothing I Can Do About It)

She Gets Me Alone When She Says She Feels High,
But It's Scary For Me, She's A Real Born Liar.
She Does Something She Can't Control,
But I Can Do So Much To Let Her Know.

No, No, No, No.

Then She, Oh She,She Is My Woman, My Woman.
My Woman, My Woman, My Woman, My Woman.

Yeah baby...

Old 12-25-2005, 11:58 PM   #45
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Cool Jake & Elwood!

Quote:
....or is getting a touch warm in here? It is a good thing that I switched over to the cool Ska sounds of Bad Manners....and "Samson and Delialah"....(You can't cut me hair 'cause I haven't any there!) Hmmmm...this could go on awhile! big ol' hugs to Jeannie over dere in that place she is! (This is really going to wind up in the second issue of the Bunion, I can just tell! )
Isn't that due out any day now? The first issue was truly inspired!

Ok then, enough dancing for tonight. My bottle beckons me.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:36 AM   #46
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Quote:
I knew you had that magickal thing....ooooh....I am like putty, as they say! Big hug goodnight there, Christmas Jeannie!
Goodnight!!

Old 12-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #47
Mercedes

Mercedes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMercedes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I have studied the piano for eight years...
I adore playing romantic slow music with a heavy beat...
What I lack is the accompanying dancer though...
Mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #48
bigcutiekaroline
Got M & M's?

bigcutiekaroline can now change their title

You will all be relieved to know I will not force you to listen to me sing or play an instrument....lol...trust me.......BUT...I am killer with a sewing machine.......so I am up for being the wardrobe mistress!!!
bigcutiekaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #49
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default Flickering....

Bittersweet Symphony
The Verve

'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
Try to make ends meet
Your a slave to money then you die
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down
You know the one that takes you
to the places where all the things meet yeah

No change,
I can't change I can't change, I can't change
But I'm here in my mould, I am here in my mould
But I'm a million different people from one day to the next
I can't change my mould
No, no, no, no, no

Well I never pray
But tonight I'm on my knees yeah
I need to hear some sounds
that recognize the pain in me, yeah
I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind,
I feel free now
But the airways are clean
and there's nobody singing to me now

No change,
I can't change I can't change, I can't change
And I'm a million different people from one day to the next
I can't change my mould
No, no, no, no, no
I can't change I can't change

'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
Try to make ends meet
Try to find some money, then you die
You know the one that takes you
to the places where all the things meet yeah

You know I can't change, I can't change
I can't change, I can't change
And I'm a million different people from one day to the next
I can't change my mould
No, no, no, no, no
I can't change my mould
no, no, no, no, no,
I can't change

(It justs sex and violence melody and silence)
(Been down)
(Ever been down)
That you've ever been down
That you've ever been down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie
Goodnight!!

Last edited by Obesus; 02-14-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Obesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #50
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

There are stranger things than are dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote