Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 01-07-2006, 09:22 AM   #51
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Feeling vertigo...

....Berner Street, Sunday, September 30, 1888...

http://www.costumerebellion.org/sow.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane

There are stranger things than are dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio.

Last edited by Obesus; 02-14-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Obesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #52
TaciturnBadger

TaciturnBadger can now change their title
Talking Badger's Offerings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obesus
So far, we have:
Shortwave Radio
78 Record Player
The Mighty Casio Wk-1600 Keyboard (covers all drum and bass duties along with 200 wild and wacky sounds!)
A Microphone with soulful Gothic Chanteuse
A Kazoo
Jaw-harp
A Banjo-playin' gal!
....desperately need a tuba player!

Alrighty then, we are almost ready for the WORLD!!!
Rehearsals for the Dimensions' BHM/FFA Board "Virtual Tuba and Sitting Band" will be held....errrrr.....ahhhh......ohhhhh.....well, we'll have 'em in my bedroom...sure...that's the ticket...I am sure the landlady won't mind a bit! ROFL (oh, it would be "marching" band, but not only do I need to plug into an electric socket somewhere, but I am just a tad podgy to be marching around with an 80 pound keyboard!! LOL

While I'm no IZ, I can play a decent baritone uke!

--B.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #53
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Wow. Them SOW samples are pretty cool. Too bad they're not full 2-hour shows...

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:17 PM   #54
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Can I express my creativity by writing a novel with an overweight character, who saves the world?

By playing Ska music?
Sasquatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:47 PM   #55
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default For you, Sasquatch....

Da Woild! Errrr..I mean, go forth and have your character save the world and save it with Ska Music!??? YES! The answer is yes...although that will be no mean trick, since only Mr. Skankin' Mustard is allowed to save the World! But, go forth, word-processor in hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch!
Can I express my creativity by writing a novel with an overweight character, who saves the world? By playing Ska music?

Old 01-07-2006, 10:50 PM   #56
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default There will be call for your talents.....

For we must have sequined and bejeweled costumes to perform in, eh? Or maybe perhaps something akin to what those wacky Decemberists are always wearing! Aha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcutiekaroline
You will all be relieved to know I will not force you to listen to me sing or play an instrument....lol...trust me.......BUT...I am killer with a sewing machine.......so I am up for being the wardrobe mistress!!!

Old 01-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #57
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default I am thinking along the lines...

Of a deep, heavy drawbar organ to accompany....that would just add melodic depth and that BHM oomph, as we say out here....just short of that wild tuba music we keep going on about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedes
I have studied the piano for eight years...
I adore playing romantic slow music with a heavy beat...
What I lack is the accompanying dancer though...

Old 01-07-2006, 11:07 PM   #58
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default Uke...take your seat next to the Tuba...

Tune up and lean into that microphone...we need them melodic tones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaciturnBadger
While I'm no IZ, I can play a decent baritone uke!

--B.

Old 01-07-2006, 11:10 PM   #59
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Wink Still Workin on the short but

...up to 48 track "Whitechapel Blossoms"...most of the parts have orchestration going on....yikes! The SOW thing will just be recorded live at Lennon Studios when I can get Mr. Kenne and Mr. William over there in one piece! Nuthin' like a good Irish showband, eh?

Quote:
Wow. Them SOW samples are pretty cool. Too bad they're not full 2-hour shows...

Old 01-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #60
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Man, when the prodigal returns, he returns prodigiously.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #61
ataraxia

ataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this board
Default My contribution

I randomly thought I'd make something and post it here.

Made with this nice free program, which anyone can use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ice_demon.jpg (29.1 KB, 179 views)
Old 01-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #62
fatlane
Starting Arvist

It's a fractal, but nowhere near as erotic as I've seen 'em.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #63
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default The Music is Back....

Working with Eden Black on the Sons of the Widow Industrial Metal project...she is singing while I twang and bleep...and Scarab is in the studio working on some pieces for a new ambient album of CREEPY music! Muahahah!
It feels good to be on the creative thread again...creating creativity! Everyone share what you are up to, if ya' please!

http://www.costumerebellion.org/scarab.html

Last edited by Obesus; 02-14-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #64
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default Out of the foggy mists of time, space and acausality.....

....from the fortress of mystical solitude out in the hills o' Frisco...comes the Reverend Elder Mech with some good news....we have decided to bring back our very popular musical psychedelic-goth ensemble "Dead Girl" to the Frisco music scene and I am imagining that the whole Freedom Rock Army, Sons of the Widow, Athanor Trance Control, Scarab Sound Theatre and Half Skull, Mostly Brain experiences will be frammusing around...although my quest to form the fattest band in Frisco has reached the doom point....just ain't gonna' happen...sigh! So, Lord Kenne, Giselle in the Dell and the Holy Reverend DJ Elder Mech are bustin' a move!

Last edited by Obesus; 08-23-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #65
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Talking Ok then...let the good times roll...

1.) "Dead Girl" is back with Suzi, Amay, Kenne and William...me on the mighty Casio WK-1600

2.) I am officially in "Freedom Rock Army" with Kenne, William and the zillion other guitarists that drift in an out...I am playing acoustic electric and Fender '51 Squier copy...

3.) Max is perhaps interested in working with me on my more ambient spoken word "Half-skull Mostly Brain" project...sooner or later we will hit critical mass!

4.) Suzi and I are still doing the "Scarab" found sound project...with all antique equipment...this is actually one of my favorites!

5.) Sons of the Widow and ATC would involve Ricky and a few other hard to talk into it folks...but critical mass...I am doing virtual synths and loop-DJ on these

So, the big question....anyone know any good drummers in Frisco?!

Old 08-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #66
fatlane
Starting Arvist

Aynsley Dunbar?

Old 08-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #67
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default Uhhhhhhhhhhh.......

He is one of those guys that everyone scratches their heads for a second and then says "didn't he overdose in '74 or something?" ?????
I am thinking a younger personnage...perhaps even a personnage of size...a new BUDDY MILES! Aieee! I think that my brain just exploded...maybe it was the Gunghaggisfatchoy!

Quote:
Aynsley Dunbar?

Old 08-21-2006, 05:27 AM   #68
lemmink
THE PUMMEL IS COMING

lemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going on

I write a little, mainly scifi and romance. I also write a silly little comic which is kind of on hiatus at the moment. I play guitar quite badly too.

My bf is an artist, I'm not terribly good at that drawing stuff.
lemmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:23 AM   #69
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default This creativity thing....

Really takes a bit of craziness anyway! A lot of us just don't have the choice...it is just a force of nature in our lives and I think that I am just now coming out of the myth of the suffering artist in my 50's...now it is all about creating bright spots that weren't there before and really figuring out who the heck I am...and it is always a good thing....someday you will find your bravery and send you work off to someone and it may not be accepted at first, but it is all about just keeping on with your pleasure with doing it. One of my teachers at art school told me that it is really about just not giving up, because about 95% of artists eventually just quit....it is the 5% who don't that leave us the wonderful works that make life better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela B.
I think creativity is my right horse, I love anything that has to do with it.

I write a lot of short stories (mostly in german) and poems as well as novels (no on has been published it, since I'm not brave enough to send it somewhere).
I draw a lot of portraits with charcoal and pencil. I'm working on my first oil painting now.
I've done some music videos with scenes from films or self-filmed and I'm looking forward to do something with films in terms of directing.

What you were telling about IZ is totally true. I have one of his CDs and am really amazed of his version of "Over the Rainbow". I really rarely heard this emotion in a singers voice, as in his. The only other singer coming up in my mind who is able to attach such a amount of emotions with a song is in my opinion Elvis Presley in his later years.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:30 AM   #70
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default Excellently excellent!

That is a lot of fun....you might like the Mondo Bizarro folks...
http://p103.ezboard.com/bmondobizarro
I liked the sci-fi particularly and the comic! I'll figure out the Romance thing later! Playing guitar badly is always a good thing to remind us that even a bit of shaky creativity is a good thing...I have been playing with a couple of pretty technically shaky players for years and sometimes they just come up with the most amazing sounds and noises just because they never did the technical thing. You would be surprised and we bank on that during performances...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmink
I write a little, mainly scifi and romance. I also write a silly little comic which is kind of on hiatus at the moment. I play guitar quite badly too.

My bf is an artist, I'm not terribly good at that drawing stuff.