Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 09-29-2005, 11:44 PM   #1
coyote wild
You'll love me, I swear.

coyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this board
Question To Conrad about titles...

Hey, Conrad, have you given any thought about titles? By titles, I mean where it says "Junior Member, Member, Administrator" and so forth? I don't know if you have the power to edit those, but if you did, I think you could have a field day with this.

New posters could get titles like "Light Weight," and forum regulars could get "Heavy Weight" etc. You, as the adminstrator, could be "Immobile" or something. Just some food for thought.
coyote wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:51 PM   #2
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

waitingforsuperman can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote wild
I don't know if you have the power to edit those, but if you did, I think you could have a field day with this.
Yes, he can. He can even edit them personally, to give you your own little nickname. But he's a busy guy, so that'd be asking a bit much. Several forums that I know of, using the same software, allow you to just give yourself a title.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:56 PM   #3
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I know Ikonboard let's you add your own title when ever you want. I like the idea of it going by your status in the community, either as a Moderator, or long time poster. As you post more, you get a new title. I know Conrad can set those easily, and it's a hands-off process once the titles are chosen for say 100, 500, 1000, 2500, 5k, 10k posts.
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:58 PM   #4
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I thought about the labels. They come with the software and I can change them. And yes, some boards leave it up to members to pick a label. Those familiar with vBulletin also know that every registered poster has a "reputation" that can go up or down, and that in some boards, people take that pretty seriously. For now, I think I'll leave the labels alone, though I may customize this or that a bit more for our community.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:59 PM   #5
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

Yeah, I'm just wondering how many before I lose the "junior." I hate being a "junior" anything.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:01 AM   #6
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingforsuperman
Yeah, I'm just wondering how many before I lose the "junior." I hate being a "junior" anything.
I am not a Junior anymore and I think that changed at around 35 posts. Have fun posting hehe
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:05 AM   #7
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

Yeah, I think you've replied to every thread so far, Heather.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:06 AM   #8
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
I thought about the labels. They come with the software and I can change them. And yes, some boards leave it up to members to pick a label. Those familiar with vBulletin also know that every registered poster has a "reputation" that can go up or down, and that in some boards, people take that pretty seriously. For now, I think I'll leave the labels alone, though I may customize this or that a bit more for our community.
Yeah, I've seen reputation used, and I think it becomes more of a popularity contest rather than the quality of posts. I think that reputation on boards actually breeds anymosity, and I don't think our community should support that
Old 09-30-2005, 12:07 AM   #9
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingforsuperman
Yeah, I think you've replied to every thread so far, Heather.
LOL call it "excited" - I thought I would hate the new board because I loved the old ones so much. But I totally am digging the new board and the fact that all the forums kind of come together.

Oh and that "New Posts" link at the top, keeps me super organized in my posting. YAY YAY YAY !
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:07 AM   #10
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

animosity is bad.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:09 AM   #11
missaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBBW
LOL call it "excited" - I thought I would hate the new board because I loved the old ones so much. But I totally am digging the new board and the fact that all the forums kind of come together.

Oh and that "New Posts" link at the top, keeps me super organized in my posting. YAY YAY YAY !
I had a feeling you'd like this, lol!

And we haven't even seen half of what vB can do yet ;-)