Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 11-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #51
ChubbyBlackSista
Master Member

ChubbyBlackSista can now change their title

Thanks Rebecca for this advice on gaining weight. I certainly am eating today. Today I believe is for giving Thanks and Eating
ChubbyBlackSista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #52
AlethaBBW
Fatniss Everdeen

AlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
Oh yah......If you're a diabetic on sliding-scale insulin
dosage, you can gain very easily. Eat carbs with
abandon, then shoot your numbers back down with
the insulin.

*There are consequences from irresponsible weight-gain.
I do a combination of carb counting with some sliding scale for corrections...and while I haven't gained, I sure as helll haven't lost - not that I wanted to lose in the first place.
AlethaBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #53
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Woops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I do a combination of carb counting with some sliding scale for corrections...and while I haven't gained, I sure as helll haven't lost - not that I wanted to lose in the first place.
Woops!, I forgot to state that I'm over 50, too. My
metabolism might be slowing down and by being low-
income, I don't do much or go out much, either.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #54
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
I seriously credit this for a lot of my fat. I'm a notorious meal skipper (usually breakfast and lunch). Then I go about making up for it late in the evening and just before bed--giving me no time (not that I'd have the inclination) to work the calories off.

If I had to say where/how I got most of my weight, this is it.
I think this method has to be one of the best. Not to get too "science-y", but think of an upside down triangle that represents your calorie intake throughout the day. Your first meal should be your lightest in calories, and each subsequent meal should be heavier and heavier. The more calories you consume later in the day, the less chance your body has to burn them through your normal daily activity,whatever that may be, and assuming that you aren't as active in the evening...Of course, if you have the means to do nothing but sit around and eat whatever you want all day, that would probably work too...and I envy you for it...

Another thought- Don't get too discouraged if the scale stops moving. It's bound to happen at some point. I would suggest taking that as a cue to try something completely different. Assuming that you're eating as much as you can already, try to eat less for a week or three. Crank it up again after that. I know others have mentioned this before, but this can really help long term results. Try to think of gaining as a marathon, not a sprint. (You can substitute a less athletic analogy if you want...) Another analogy- think of food like a car- it doesn't have to be all 'stock'. You can always 'soup' it up! (Bad puns, forgive me!) Extra condiments are your friends always...

Canadian Weight Gainer below...this stuff literally grows on trees here...

Last edited by MattB; 07-22-2010 at 10:09 AM.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #55
otherland78

otherland78 can now change their title

I everybody ,

what worked for me very good when i was eagerly enough and had some :-) online encouragement was yes :_) ! skipping breakfst and eating late at night and trying to eat a whole lasagna or one liter of vanilla sauce mixed with cream or haägen dasz ice cream hmmmmmm....:_)

and i really tried to allways eat as much so my belly sarts to hurt a little :_) but it was arousing somehow, too i have to admit.

doing this not every day but quite often added 6-7kg to me and i think only to my belly and a little to my face :-) it was a nice feeling .

I went up from 91 to 98kg and i enjoyed the softness but....

i was not very hmmm.....how say? concentrated on that in the last month but i really would like to experience this a little more this year .

bye and have good new 2009 :-)
otherland78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:17 AM   #56
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

as the button says:

sometimes I eat everything and then I get hungry.

This method has been marginally successful for me.

Last edited by Ample Pie; 08-24-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Ample Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:30 AM   #57
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

For me its eat larger quantities and more often with bingeing thrown in.
I love ice cream and eat a lot of it and eat a big meal late at night then go to bed.Since Dec of 08 actively trying to gain I've gained about 35 pounds
It took a while for the weight to come I'm a slow gainer.
Your milage may vary.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:39 AM   #58
the hanging belly

the hanging belly has said some nice things

One little tip that I find works is if you go to a restaurant, skip the dessert (i'm not crazy, just hear me out), save yourself some money and a small portion and instead go to the supermarket and buy an 8 pack of icecream or a cheap chocolate cake for the same price and stuff yourself until you're full
the hanging belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:23 AM   #59
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hanging belly View Post
One little tip that I find works is if you go to a restaurant, skip the dessert (i'm not crazy, just hear me out), save yourself some money and a small portion and instead go to the supermarket and buy an 8 pack of icecream or a cheap chocolate cake for the same price and stuff yourself until you're full
I like this tip a lot, but given the willingness to spend the money, I'd probably end up doing both.

No lie, I could live on ice cream and fruit juice. Sometimes I do.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:35 AM   #60
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
as the button says:

sometimes I eat everything and then I get hungry.

This method has been marginally successful for me.

your flair obsession has invaded dims! hahaha
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:48 AM   #61
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
your flair obsession has invaded dims! hahaha
to be honest, it's invaded my whole life.

*shame*
Old 03-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #62
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I could live on ice cream too.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #63
AlethaBBW
Fatniss Everdeen

AlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 club

I seem to be gaining rather quickly on healthy foods. And liquid calories (even the sugar free kind, if you're like me and have teh beetus) really get the job done.
AlethaBBW is offline   Reply With Quote