Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default BHM Thread for William

Hi Folks

Our dear friend William so desperately wants and needs to be heard about his "issues" on being a BHM on Dimensions. He has been urged, repeatedly, to make his own thread. He doesn't seem to care to do so.

He has interrupted several threads with his complaints and soap boxing. I like FreeThinker......and Free wants his thread back.

So here it is William......the Green Eyed Fairy made you YOUR VERY OWN THREAD! This thread, on the Main Board, has been made for William and any other BHMs that wish to air their complaints, experiences, problems in the open forum. Please do so here.

And I will one up myself on making a thread for you....I will commit to Staying Out Of YOUR Thread. There is one condition attached to it all though....YOU have to commit to NOT hijacking any other threads again with your repeated complaints. This is the place to do it.... not other unrelated threads.

I also have to make one disclaimer though William. I promise that *I* will not post in YOUR thread (IF you keep your end of the deal)...however, contraire to all the other assertions you have made about me, I have NO control about what others choose to post here.

I hope you make good use of this thread and that it turns fruitful...with some valid discussion.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy; 10-31-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Free the hamsters!

Sorry, William, but I intend to hijack this thread for the hamsters.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Threadjack complete
Old 10-31-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
Mythik
Visualize Cod Peace

Mythik has super-sized repMythik has super-sized repMythik has super-sized repMythik has super-sized repMythik has super-sized rep

OK, since we're airing complaints, I've got a significant one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I promise that *I* will not post in YOUR thread...
Old 11-01-2008, 03:58 AM   #5
Victim
Oasis is JUST A BAND.

Victim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions community

As with many things in life, you get out what you put in. The reason why Size Acceptance is so BBW-centric is that BBW and their supporters have been the ones putting effort into it.

BHM in Size Acceptance suffer from what I call the "Eddie Van Halen Syndrome". This is from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. They were lamenting that they couldn't have a triumphant video without Eddie Van Halen, but they couldn't get Eddie Van Halen until they had a triumphant video. BHM need to feel more accepted by the SA community to have enough confidence to have any influence, but need to have influence to be more accepted.

This doesn't bother me a great deal, I just do what I want anyway, but I see this in many other BHM. The FFA feel marginalized as well, since many are not fat women themselves and most don't get a lot of attention from the male FAs.

The SA equivalent of Eddie Van Halen is NOT going to show up and fight for BHM/FFA. We have to grab hold of the guitar ourselves and play our own tunes. When we have enough of an audience, then maybe we can pull off a triumphant video.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #6
daddyoh70
DYELB?

daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post
Free the hamsters!
What do we want? HAMSTER FREEDOM!!!
When do we want it? NOW!!!

"Don't ever shoot my Sunday joyride music down" Wesley Willis
Old 11-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #7
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Atticaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2268973352_8473fbceff.jpg (28.5 KB, 169 views)
Old 11-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Maybe William could/should start a thread?
Old 11-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #9
Nocte

Nocte can now change their title

I thought that this might be appropriate.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people voicing opinions and whatnot, but I think we can all agree there's a right and wrong way to do it. So, here it is:

Old 11-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #10
ThikJerseyChik
Sweet & Salty ;)

ThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions community

^^^^ Did I say you could post my pic?????

No one ever died from sleeping in an unmade bed :cool:

Well behaved women rarely make history
;)

If you keep doing what you've always done,
you'll keep getting what you've always gotten!
:bow:
Old 11-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #11
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is kinda the Waiting for William thread.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #12
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear View Post
This is kinda the Waiting for William thread.
Nothing to be done.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #13
Nocte

Nocte can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThikJerseyChik View Post
^^^^ Did I say you could post my pic?????
My mistake I had thought you much better looking than this girl
Old 11-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #14
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

opens mouth, closes mouth, opens mouth, closes mouth....I just....yeah.

*subscribe*
Old 11-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #15
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hello everyone. The fact that this thread was moved by the moderators here is yet another example of how fat men are treated differently then their female counterparts.

I will provide you with this link to a 973 page article that proves my point.

http://thislinkdoesntwork.com

Feel free to respond.

Phil
Old 11-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #16
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This issue has veered away from being even vaguely humorous. It is now just flatly cruel. I'm astonished at some of the otherwise kind people who are participating in this thread, and in the William bashing free-for-all.

Just ... wow.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:43 PM   #17
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post
Hello everyone. The fact that this thread was moved by the moderators here is yet another example of how fat men are treated differently then their female counterparts.

Feel free to respond.

Phil
I held you in higher regard, Phil.
Is it any wonder why certain members often feel unwelcome in threads/forums?
Old 11-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #18
cute_obese_girl
Herbivore

cute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:

Feel free to respond.

Phil
Well, I'd say that they moved it because no one was posting anything related to size acceptance, which is what the main board is for.

Waiting should apparently be done in the lounge.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."-Albert Pine
Old 11-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #19
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Quote:

Feel free to respond.

Phil
Will you stop whining! I've had about my bellyful of your lamentations!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #20
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

C'mon guys, some of you never cease to amaze me.

Look back a few months ago, and you will see a considerable amount of dialogue between William and I about the differences in how BBW's and BHM's are treated. We spoke privately as well.

It was simply meant to be satirical, tongue in cheek. It was not intended to offend William or anyone else, just to poke fun at the thread in general.

I would welcome any satire directed at me as well, lest one think that my humor is one sided.

Get off your high horses, the weather is just fine down here.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #21
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've crossed swords with William before and have been very vocal against his hijacking threads with vague accusations that he can't back up, but I'm not sure the kinds of fun-making posts aimed at him here are necessary. Divisive or not, we're still talking about a person.

I'm sure William is a big boy and doesn't need me coming to his aid, but I'm trying to picture what it might feel like to be singled out for collective reprobation and I'm pretty sure no one here would like that--least of all me. It's one thing to make a thread where William can talk away about his concerns, but please, I'd just ask everyone not to let this turn into a public "stoning".

Just my opinion. Thanks for reading.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #22
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
C'mon guys, some of you never cease to amaze me.

Look back a few months ago, and you will see a considerable amount of dialogue between William and I about the differences in how BBW's and BHM's are treated. We spoke privately as well.

It was simply meant to be satirical, tongue in cheek. It was not intended to offend William or anyone else, just to poke fun at the thread in general.

I would welcome any satire directed at me as well, lest one think that my humor is one sided.

Get off your high horses, the weather is just fine down here.
This thread is cruel, and you know it.

The dogpile on William is becoming tiresome. This behavior reminds me of nothing more than a gang of schoolyard bullies, roving around in a great pack, looking for a vulnerable target who has been separated from the herd.

And I don't particularly care what you think of me, or my motive for posting here. It doesn't detract from the valid point that I'm making.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #23
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67 View Post
This thread is cruel, and you know it.

The dogpile on William is becoming tiresome. This behavior reminds me of nothing more than a gang of schoolyard bullies, roving around in a great pack, looking for a vulnerable target who has been separated from the herd.

And I don't particularly care what you think of me, or my motive for posting here. It doesn't detract from the valid point that I'm making.
As I recall, I welcomed you back with rep after you took your absence from the boards. Ya think that was insincere? What do you think I think of you?

I catch a lot of heat on other boards, in some cases a lot worse than William. I handle it. My principles are high enough that 20 - 30 people that vehemently disagree (with name calling) don't affect how I feel about what's important to me. I think William is a strong man, and has survived that as well. I don't see him as a vulnerable target.

I stand by my point that my post was satire. I can't speak for the posts before mine. That being said, I'm not going to apologize for something that was simply poking fun at the moving of the post.

Again, calm down people. This is The Lounge, not Hyde Park.