Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #226
Butterbelly
Melting in the desert

Butterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging in

I seriously can't get enough of Mexican Food lately, especially Del Taco on Wednesday nights, when it's half price taco night here.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Butterbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:16 AM   #227
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genarose54 View Post
Rainy, you must have missed my thread about this machine and how much I wanted to buy it but was unsure if it would be worth the money and counterspace for such an appliance. Do you love yours? What do you make in it? Can you do healthy stuff too? I'd love to hear about your experience with it. (BTW I didn't end up buying one but still considering it.)
I did see it--it was what made me go look at the site and decide to try one. Was planning to post after I'd tried it a while longer. My answer's yes though. I like it a lot so far. Haven't tried any of the included recipes yet and probably won't because they seem heavy on processed foods, but I've found it useful for lots of the everyday foods I already eat. I make omelets and poached eggs in it, lots of grilled sandwiches, quick fajitas (with pre-cooked meat), quesadillas, etc. Tonight I cooked frozen potstickers in it and liked them better than when I make them in a pan. I just put in about 1/2 an inch of water, then threw them in and let them cook/steam until the water was gone. I can see cooking garden burgers, hamburgers, hash browns or sausages in it too--stuff like that. Haven't tried using it for veggies yet.

The footprint of it is fine--it's actually fairly small. Whatever heat setting they have it set at, it hasn't burned anything yet. The things I don't like about it are that while the shaped pans are removable and can go through the dishwasher the main round cook surface isn't. It's not too much of a problem to just wipe it out though and when cheese or something has stuck in there I've just water on the cooking surface, boiled it for a minute then dumped it, and anything on it unsticks quickly. It'd also be nice if there were variable heat settings on it, so you could warm stuff.

It's smallish, so it probably wouldn't work for main family meals, but it's good for snacks in general or meals for a 1-2 person household. By the time you add in shipping it seems a little overpriced, but personally I'm happy with the value I'm getting from it.

Last edited by rainyday; 05-05-2009 at 01:22 AM.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:21 AM   #228
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just amending to say that yesterday I threw some frozen cod fillets in it (just plain ones from TJs) and they came out great and moister than when I broil them. Didn't add anything to them but a little lemon butter when they were done.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #229
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Chef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized rep

Chili. And all the variations. Chili dogs, Cinncinnate Style Chili, With cornbread, Chili Enchiladas, chili burritos, chili nachos, chiliburgers, beanie weenie, pork chili colorado with corn tortillas, taco soup, white chicken chili, chili gazpacho, chili tamale pie, chili shepherd's pie, chili mac, chili wagonwheel, and vegetarian chili.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #230
rainyday
Departed

Tried this for the first time this week. Bliss! Totally smooth, creamy and rich. It's a fair trade product too.

Last edited by rainyday; 01-04-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #231
Famouslastwords
Iaintnogoddamnsonofabitch

Location: Indiana, juss across the border from Kiiintucky in Newburgh.
Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!Famouslastwords keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
Chili. And all the variations. Chili dogs, Cinncinnate Style Chili, With cornbread, Chili Enchiladas, chili burritos, chili nachos, chiliburgers, beanie weenie, pork chili colorado with corn tortillas, taco soup, white chicken chili, chili gazpacho, chili tamale pie, chili shepherd's pie, chili mac, chili wagonwheel, and vegetarian chili.
Chili spaghetti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls
I'd need to jump to get into a dumpster but that doesn't mean it's worth getting into one.
Famouslastwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #232
patfahan

patfahan has said some nice things

I love both Chocolate ! milk!
patfahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #233
wistful

wistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
Tried this for the first time this week. Bliss! Totally smooth, creamy and rich. It's a fair trade product too.

I'm going to have try and find myself one of these bars,I've had bad luck with the last couple of milk chocolate bars(dagoba.. yuck) I've tried.I know that milk chocolate is often looked down upon in foodee circles as somehow less sophisticated but I truly prefer it to dark.I think it's a texture thing..dark chocolate just doesn't have that great,unctuous mouthfeel that milk chocolate does.

"Look at that. Look how she moves. That's just like jell-o on springs. She must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex.
wistful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #234
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Chef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famouslastwords View Post
Chili spaghetti?
Cinncinnati-Style is technically chili on top of spaghetti. All covered with cheese
Old 05-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #235
rainyday
Departed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistful View Post
I'm going to have try and find myself one of these bars,I've had bad luck with the last couple of milk chocolate bars(dagoba.. yuck) I've tried.
I actually like Dagoba, too, so maybe I'm not a tasting match for you? lol

I like the Divine stuff better though. It's much creamier and more what I associate with European style chocolate. I like milk chocolate much better than dark too.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #236
Babygirlneedsu

Babygirlneedsu can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBabygirlneedsu can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Have you tried ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
I sometimes go for this DIVINE one when in the mood for a real milky sugary fix....and the bar is not overlarge or too pricey.....cos once it's opened it's all going down the hatch ! but much prefer the milk chocolate flavour from 'Green and Black's' as it is still a milk choccy but it has loads more cocoa and packs a bit more punch !

Have to be in the mood for dark and have never found anything as good as a dark choccy santa I got reduced down to pence after Xmas many moons ago and the choc was so claggy and rich that it sort of stuck your mouth together and left a dark powdery stain on your lips.....i often think of it with great nostalgia !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg milk choc.jpg (2.7 KB, 182 views)
Babygirlneedsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #237
Babygirlneedsu

Babygirlneedsu can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBabygirlneedsu can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

On a more savoury note, I am currently mad for the following little ensemble....

Take a sesame seed ryevita and spread thinly with Ikea's excessively salty cod roe paste and top with dollops of sunblush tomato cottage cheese and then blob on some extra sun dried tomatoes [ the ones kept in olive oil ] and add cracked black pepper to taste.

I hear some peeps turning their noses up at what could be termed 2 diet ingredients but fear ye not , this snack is crunchy punchy and creamy and just writing about it is getting my juices flowing.....so see ya later....off to fix my fix !
Babygirlneedsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #238
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I cannot stop drinking soy milk!! I never gave it a fair chance in the past, but I tried it on a whim last week and now I'm absolutely hooked.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:51 AM   #239
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love soymilk too, especially the flavoured ones! You should check out rice and oat milk too if you haven't already.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #240
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I recently discovered chocolate almond milk at Trader Joes. Very yummy.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #241
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
I love soymilk too, especially the flavoured ones! You should check out rice and oat milk too if you haven't already.
Never heard of it, I'll check it out!!!
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #242
ThikJerseyChik
Sweet & Salty ;)

ThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
Cinncinnati-Style is technically chili on top of spaghetti. All covered with cheese
skyline chili????

O.M.G.

to DIE for!!

that.is.all

No one ever died from sleeping in an unmade bed :cool:

Well behaved women rarely make history
;)

If you keep doing what you've always done,
you'll keep getting what you've always gotten!
:bow:
ThikJerseyChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #243
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

I opened a jar (Costco size) of marinated artichoke hearts to go in a pasta salad for a 24 party tomorrow. Now I can't quit eating them. So good, but I am going to be in a world of hurt if I don't stop...

Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #244
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
I opened a jar (Costco size) of marinated artichoke hearts to go in a pasta salad for a 24 party tomorrow. Now I can't quit eating them. So good, but I am going to be in a world of hurt if I don't stop...

oh man, that sounds good! What's a 24 party?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 05-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #245
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
oh man, that sounds good! What's a 24 party?
D and the neighbor are hooked on the show 24. Tomorrow is the season ending 2 hour episode so the neighbor's going to grill ribs, D's bring the salad, everyone's bringing something and they're going to make a party of it (while I'm at work, whine, whine ).
Old 05-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #246
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
D and the neighbor are hooked on the show 24. Tomorrow is the season ending 2 hour episode so the neighbor's going to grill ribs, D's bring the salad, everyone's bringing something and they're going to make a party of it (while I'm at work, whine, whine ).
ohhhh...DUH! I should have figured that out! That sucks that you won't be there
Old 05-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #247
rainyday
Departed

Gussied up grilled cheese: Monterey Jack, course ground Dijon mustard and roasted asparagus on toasted Ezekiel bread. With a cup of split pea soup on the side.

A local fast food chain in town has been having a special on asparagus and melted mozz on white sourdough, but it's too mushy, flimsy and bland. Much better with the kick of mustard and a heartier, more rustic bread.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #248
disaster117
Disappear here.

disaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this boarddisaster117 carries a lot of weight on this board

Kraft macaroni and cheese. The regular old box kind. I cannot get enough of it. I think I must've had 5 boxes of it last week, no joke. I'm addicted.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #249
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

That Foodgawker.com site that kmdkml posted. So many new things to try, things I'd never have thought of. Banana bread with toasted coconut, pecans and a caramel swirl? Oh my ghod.

I'll be making the crockpot Korean barbecue pork spare ribs this weekend for sure. And I'll cruise the site daily because they have dozens of new recipes every day. Oh yeah, the ricotta gnocchi in browned butter sauce too.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:36 AM   #250
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Friday..that site is the devil I've been looking at it for a year now..and it's killer.

My latest kick....Tamales. OMG...I've had them like 4 times this week..

I want them naked too...no chili or any other mess on top of them..because I LOOOVVVEEE the taste of the masa *sp?*

*sigh*

I want some now!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote